• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

MattX20

Smash Hero
To be fair, Heihachi is from Tekken, a fighting game (like ARMS) and Gil’s game involves spelunking for treasure (like Minecraft). Tales of Symphonia is a JRPG like Final Fantasy VII is but his costume wasn’t in the previous wave. What if...
That and Tales is a big enough IP from Bandai Namco that could get a rep and Lloyd is a frontrunner for it, though he does have competition with KOS-MOS and Nightmare for a potential Bandai Namco rep

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told by KarneraMythos KarneraMythos that the KOS-MOS mod takedown was perpetuated by trolls in order to get our hopes up… I don't know, nowadays I think KOS-MOD does nothing for her chances and the fact that there exist mod showcase videos for KOS-MOS RE outside Demonslayers original video further solidifies my doubt unfortunately.
Exactly this. I posted a warning in the speculation thread last-last TGA for hype control. All of my points were to tackle down the dubiousness of it all. If KOS-MOS ends up happening anyway, it has nothing to do with the mod takedown. It's sort of why I keep pestering Demonslayer to reupload it, or at least create an updated video. We kinda have the trolls cornered in that regard anyway. If they take down the new upload, they just prove our point. If they take this as a dare to report other modding videos, it does nothing to prove the legitimacy of any leak, meaning nobody wins, and all they do is just inconvenience content creation for the sake of a pointless stupid prank.

You'd think a Namco rep would come with all other Namco mii's but that hasn't been the case so far. IDK the fact that Namco mii's are being split for other challenger packs makes me doubt one is coming at all which really sucks.
It's like I've said before: The fact that Sakurai joked about Namco forgetting Pac-Man was in Smash and their character comes off as unintentionally mean-spirited, like "Oh, right... The only fighter from our company that we're allowed to have." Unless we get another playable Namco rep before the DLC cycle ends, this quote is gonna end up being Harsher in Hindsight. We can only hope Sakurai and Nintendo throw Namco a bone, and not live under the excuse that "they're making the game, so they don't need another rep", which some fans love translating it as "they're making the game, so they SHOULDN'T and WON'T get a rep".

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Still, a Bandai Namco rep or Ryu Hayabusa is whom I'm expecting to see as the next reveal since it's going to be a pre-E3/summer reveal which typically are the biggest ones saved and Crash has been heavily speculated to be the summer reveal.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
By far Lloyd is the one Bamco character in competition with her, tho I wouldn't be opposed to him getting in if Kosmos doesnt
I would also say Nightmare from Soul Calibur is competition to KOS-MOS as well. Shouldn't count out Soul Calibur since it is Namco's biggest crossover gaming franchise. Link was in Soul Calibur 2, so who knows if Sakurai doesn't want old Link and Nightmare to have a rematch.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
In hindsight... would T-elos work as a KOS-MOS alt? Possibly spoilers

KOS-MOS is entirely mechanical. She can turn her arms into cannons or hammers or swords. If I’m not mistaken, T-elos is more of a cyborg-android, having blades in her arms but I’m pretty sure she can’t turn her arm into a cannon or hammer etc like KOS-MOS can. Then again I’ve only seen her in Xenoblade 2 and the OG Project X Zone. She uses a blaster pistol instead. Unless KOS-MOS doesn’t use any attacks that turn her arm into a weapon I guess

Luty

Smash Cadet
In hindsight... would T-elos work as a KOS-MOS alt? Possibly spoilers

KOS-MOS is entirely mechanical. She can turn her arms into cannons or hammers or swords. If I’m not mistaken, T-elos is more of a cyborg-android, having blades in her arms but I’m pretty sure she can’t turn her arm into a cannon or hammer etc like KOS-MOS can. Then again I’ve only seen her in Xenoblade 2 and the OG Project X Zone. She uses a blaster pistol instead. Unless KOS-MOS doesn’t use any attacks that turn her arm into a weapon I guess
T-elos never uses R-Cannon, nor X-Buster in Xenosaga, either. While she can still use the UMN to bring out weapons such as the G-Shot, T-elos is a watered down version of KOS-MOS. To take R-Cannon away from KOS-MOS just so T-elos could remain true to canon(no pun intended, honest), would be weird since KOS-MOS uses it in most games she is in.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
T-elos never uses R-Cannon, nor X-Buster in Xenosaga, either. While she can still use the UMN to bring out weapons such as the G-Shot, T-elos is a watered down version of KOS-MOS. To take R-Cannon away from KOS-MOS just so T-elos could remain true to canon(no pun intended, honest), would be weird since KOS-MOS uses it in most games she is in.
If KOS-MOS’s final smash is X-Buster, they could pull an AC Cloud and make T-elos’s FS U-TENERITAS. but yeah the cannon thing... concerns me

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was told by KarneraMythos KarneraMythos that the KOS-MOS mod takedown was perpetuated by trolls in order to get our hopes up. The fact that it happened during TGA's 2019 somewhat proves this since that was the time Literally everyone thought KOS-MOS was confirmed for FP5. If true, that is extremely slimy and only proves that people in speculation REALLY don't want/like her. I don't know, nowadays I think KOS-MOD does nothing for her chances and the fact that there exist mod showcase videos for KOS-MOS RE outside Demonslayers original video further solidifies my doubt unfortunately.
Sort of yes but also no as we will never know what truly happened. You can't tell me that it having Nintendo's copyright still isn't suspicious and that was also by the time fighter pass 2 was being announced. I used those Geno songs as a example to prove that Nintendo still keeps stuff down despite not being used so that could certainly be a hit against that mod. Regardless, unless the remade mod by Karnera's friend gets taken down then we should not worry about it. And as for your other comment on how other videos of the mod are still up.... is exactly why I used the Geno song example. Nintendo only takes down one video or two and not all things related to a mod they strike. It's certainly odd but they have done this for various ost on channels but not the same ost on other channels.

As for T-ELOS being a alt? Still very possible but they do not fight the same way other than some variations in attacks. If anything what they could do is make them fight the same way just for smash but instead of KOS-MOS using her F scythe, T-ELOS could use her anima axe.

or a silly suggestion is go back to the concept art T-ELOS where she was just an exact clone of KOS-MOS kinda.

lol either way i'm sure she could even just be referenced as a colour.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, we potentially have til March at least to potentially see a Bandai Namco rep or potentially before the end of the month if that recent 7-11 ad is anything to go by.
I will say the fact Sephiroth is absent on said ad is a tad sus

though it could mean like, idk, reveal at the end of the month, release in March?

Luty

Smash Cadet
I will say the fact Sephiroth is absent on said ad is a tad sus

though it could mean like, idk, reveal at the end of the month, release in March?
I am not sure how the 7/11 ad means anything, especially since Sephy is not on it. Been looking up stuff on the internet, but nothing is really telling me how it is related to a Smash reveal in Jan or Feb. >.<

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

I always thought that chun li, Lloyd, and Yuri fake was too good to be true myself given that it was claimed too early in development and having a insider comment on it is nice. Well, i'm going to lean fake on that one with Imran.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I am not sure how the 7/11 ad means anything, especially since Sephy is not on it. Been looking up stuff on the internet, but nothing is really telling me how it is related to a Smash reveal in Jan or Feb. >.<
Almost every time a Japanese 7/11 advertising Smash has shown up, a character reveal often wasn't far behind the day the ad is taken down. You can look in threads like the closed Geno thread, as this pattern continued to prove itself as recently as Steve's reveal a few days before it was taken down. It and the Smash amiibo wave releases have been the most consistently proven methods to determine when a new Smash DLC fighter comes out

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
I know amiibo theory and the 7-11 ads are very good indicators for imminent fighter reveals but I highly doubt we're getting one this soon considering Sephiroth only dropped a little less than a month from today if you count unlocking him early from his challenge. This is still very suspicious though I will say.

Also, Have you guys heard about the rumor that Sephiroth was originally planned as the 1st fighter from the Fighter's Pass 2? I think Nintendo uploaded an image on their Instagram promoting his challenger pack. The thing is, Some people noticed that instead of saying "challenger pack #8" it said "challenger pack #6". after Nintendo realized, they deleted the image and 15 minutes later they put up a "fixed" version that says "challenger pack #8"

That could be solid evidence for "swap theory" like ES. Dinah ES. Dinah suggested. I'd understand if this was a typo, but if it wasn't...that's very interesting...

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

I always thought that chun li, Lloyd, and Yuri fake was too good to be true myself given that it was claimed too early in development and having a insider comment on it is nice. Well, i'm going to lean fake on that one with Imran.
Even if Imran knows and Lloyd and Yuri are out, that doesn't mean Chun-Li is. I don't think no one asked the dude yet what he thinks about the Chun-Li claims or about what he thinks about that 5chan leak in general. But I wouldn't put complete stock in him as he doesn't know everything.

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
Even if Imran knows and Lloyd and Yuri are out, that doesn't mean Chun-Li is. I don't think no one asked the dude yet what he thinks about the Chun-Li claims or about what he thinks about that 5chan leak in general. But I wouldn't put complete stock in him as he doesn't know everything.
I agree. I'm pretty damn sure Imran knows that he's treated as a reliable insider among smash speculation. For all we know, He either...

A.) Legitimately doubts or doesn't know if Lloyd and Yuri will come, or...

B.) He's just f*cking with us.

Not gonna lie, all this Chun li talk has me getting excited for her potential inclusion. She would definitely feel like Sephiroth all over again because they are iconic characters, yet hardly anyone took them seriously as DLC candidates because Street Fighter and Final Fantasy already had pre-existing content in the base game. Although one could make the argument that FF content prior to Sephiroth was extremely shallow, so it only made sense for them to save all the other content for Seph's inclusion since they knew he was coming this whole time.

As for Street Fighter getting more content, I think it'd be neat if Chun's stage, music, and spirits consisted of 3rd strike/Street Fighter Alpha content since the base game has plenty of SF2 content already present. And since she's a Capcom rep, it's entirely possible she will finally be the DLC fighter who comes with the Monster Hunter mii costumes.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Importantly this is the same guy that said Monster Hunter was used for Byleth's moveset and that he doesn't think we are getting a Capcom rep. Although it could be said that was speculation. But if true then i'm sure we aren't getting a Capcom rep.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Importantly this is the same guy that said Monster Hunter was used for Byleth's moveset and that he doesn't think we are getting a Capcom rep. Although it could be said that was speculation. But if true then i'm sure we aren't getting a Capcom rep.
I'm in the believe that if Namco is out for this Pass than so is Capcom. If Namco is in, than so is Capcom. I think if any of those remaining Smash 4 Mii costumes return without a Namco or Capcom rep than both companies are out for Fighter's Pass 2.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I'm in the believe that if Namco is out for this Pass than so is Capcom. If Namco is in, than so is Capcom. I think if any of those remaining Smash 4 Mii costumes return without a Namco or Capcom rep than both companies are out for Fighter's Pass 2.
well I can tell you that Imran does post over at resetera and he commented on two fake leaks already. The first was a tails leak and he only commented on it because he heard Sephiroth was cheaper for SE to use which that fake said and that's where the whole Byleth was planned for base game talk came from. Later on he commented on a clearly fake leak with chun li, Shadow, and Lloyd just saying nope. I'm not saying Capcom is out but I think it's not looking likely for them to appear and not just because of Imran but Capcom got massively hacked lately and no smash rep plans were revealed. Unless Capcom is keeping that under wraps like crazy then I wont get hopes up for any Capcom rep. I can say the same for Street Fighter V though as its last dlc character hasn't been leaked either. It's certainly possible Capcom has crazy security for those but I dont feel like i'm going to be expecting Capcom in the pass. My thinking right now is that Lloyd is going to come back as a mii with a new bamco rep (KOS-MOS maybe, Dark souls maybe, maybe even another tales character or Nightmare) and Monster hunter is just going to be in a random wave. Plus, I feel it is worth noting that no third party rep has passed 3 reps so Capcom probably wont be in for that reason alone. But maybe that's just a stupid fanrule... who knows. Point is I dont think no Capcom character means no Namco character.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
well I can tell you that Imran does post over at resetera and he commented on two fake leaks already. The first was a tails leak and he only commented on it because he heard Sephiroth was cheaper for SE to use which that fake said and that's where the whole Byleth was planned for base game talk came from. Later on he commented on a clearly fake leak with chun li, Shadow, and Lloyd just saying nope. I'm not saying Capcom is out but I think it's not looking likely for them to appear and not just because of Imran but Capcom got massively hacked lately and no smash rep plans were revealed. Unless Capcom is keeping that under wraps like crazy then I wont get hopes up for any Capcom rep. I can say the same for Street Fighter V though as its last dlc character hasn't been leaked either. It's certainly possible Capcom has crazy security for those but I dont feel like i'm going to be expecting Capcom in the pass. My thinking right now is that Lloyd is going to come back as a mii with a new bamco rep (KOS-MOS maybe, Dark souls maybe, maybe even another tales character or Nightmare) and Monster hunter is just going to be in a random wave. Plus, I feel it is worth noting that no third party rep has passed 3 reps so Capcom probably wont be in for that reason alone. But maybe that's just a stupid fanrule... who knows. Point is I dont think no Capcom character means no Namco character.
The ShadowChun leak wasn't the one I was talking about. I was talking about this 5chan leak from 2018:

MattX20

Smash Hero
If Lloyd for whatever reason doesn't make the cut, it's not like Bandai Namco doesn't have potential backup options to pick from and KOS-MOS and Nightmare are by far the biggest candidates for potential consideration.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
The ShadowChun leak wasn't the one I was talking about. I was talking about this 5chan leak from 2018:

Isn't this the one he was asked about in the tweet? It's the only one that claims Lloyd and alludes to Yuri and has Chun Li.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Isn't this the one he was asked about in the tweet? It's the only one that claims Lloyd and alludes to Yuri and has Chun Li.
I'm not sure. Someone asked him what he thought about the Lloyd/Yuri claims and Imran responded with something like he didn't believe them. Whether that was the 5chan leak or all leaks talking about Lloyd or Yuri is debatable.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I have a pretty good feeling about a reveal on March. Given the drip-feed of information coming from Nintendo in regards to announcements and updates, I'm not expecting more than one reveal around E3. Instead, we'll get our next character within March/April, then the following one around June/July, and finally around October/November.

The only alternative is waiting 5-6 months from here on out if the next characters warrant reveals side-by-side, and that would be the most favorable outcome if we want the 5chan leak with Crash/KOS-MOS/Reimu to be true. After all, what better opportunity is there to announce Eastern and Western appeal reps than a big event like E3? It'd basically be Hero & Banjo New Game Plus.

While it's not impossible to get Reimu and Crash at separate points throughout this year, it just seems unlikely, especially since it'd probably make more sense to plan ahead and not announce characters in such an order that it'll annoy and confuse a bunch of Smash fans. Best case scenario, Crash/Reimu dual reveal with Kosy as the final character, while the worst case scenario is Kosy in March, then Crash in E3, and then Reimu as the final character.

Bear in mind, this is just a hypothetical in how the scenario of the 5chan leak could play out if true, but since there is no solid proof that it's legitimate apart from either really lucky guesses or a disgruntled employee (that hasn't been caught yet), I'm on the boat that no one should have this kind of information. The only way things could be different is if there is a similar vault breach in the DLC project to the Capcom fiasco that might have went under the radar.

But then what are the odds of that? Anyone dumb enough to pull off that stunt would have to at least know that Nintendo is more than capable of tracking them down, so rather than pulling the ramson card for money, this theoretical employee or insider would have to lay low with no real benefit other than seeing how the internet would react once they start piecing the announcements and timeline together.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I have a pretty good feeling about a reveal on March. Given the drip-feed of information coming from Nintendo in regards to announcements and updates, I'm not expecting more than one reveal around E3. Instead, we'll get our next character within March/April, then the following one around June/July, and finally around October/November.
In this regard, I’m actually kinda thinking that we’ll get our next fighter release in February for one specific reason: 7-11 ads in Japan. In the past, we’ve had multiple cases where presentations/announcements have happened before an ad with Smash on it was taken down (An ad for Hero said it would be taken down by August 4th, he released July 31st; Same with Banjo: ad taken down September 15th, character released September 4th. And recently Steve, with an ad taken down by October 4th, live reveal announced September 30th, character formally revealed the next day). This newest 7-11 ad that came out is said to have a takedown date of January 24th. While January is much too early to release a fighter what with us just getting Sephiroth, I don’t believe it’s too early for a reveal, which I believe we’ll get before this new ad is taken down.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I've seen some speculation that they may be keeping Lloyd or a tales character for tales fest (amiibo theory lines up with that) but I dont realistically see that. We can't forget that tales fest was delayed a whole year and I dont believe Nintendo/Sakurai would have delayed Lloyd a whole year for reveal. Plus, tales fest is more than likely going to be heavily on Tales of Arise after the huge lack of news on it and I just dont see why Nintendo/Sakurai would believe that would be the optimal time for a tales reveal. Not saying Lloyd can't happen but i'm of the thought now that his costume is 80% returning. It is also important to note that Sakurai did say Lloyd was the only choice for the smash wii U costume and not character. Sakurai wanted Geno in smash years ago or so he said but he didn't even acknowledge Geno this time. Chances are he could do the same with Lloyd and that could greenlight the way to KOS-MOS happening. Regardless, i'm on the train that says Lloyd/Yuri aren't happening and a new Namco character will come with the Lloyd mii. The question is when? Would they save the namco character for the very last as a sendoff to the hard working namco devs?

MattX20

Smash Hero
I've seen some speculation that they may be keeping Lloyd or a tales character for tales fest (amiibo theory lines up with that) but I dont realistically see that. We can't forget that tales fest was delayed a whole year and I dont believe Nintendo/Sakurai would have delayed Lloyd a whole year for reveal. Plus, tales fest is more than likely going to be heavily on Tales of Arise after the huge lack of news on it and I just dont see why Nintendo/Sakurai would believe that would be the optimal time for a tales reveal. Not saying Lloyd can't happen but i'm of the thought now that his costume is 80% returning. It is also important to note that Sakurai did say Lloyd was the only choice for the smash wii U costume and not character. Sakurai wanted Geno in smash years ago or so he said but he didn't even acknowledge Geno this time. Chances are he could do the same with Lloyd and that could greenlight the way to KOS-MOS happening. Regardless, i'm on the train that says Lloyd/Yuri aren't happening and a new Namco character will come with the Lloyd mii. The question is when? Would they save the namco character for the very last as a sendoff to the hard working namco devs?
Plus, we also have to note the last 3 Smash 4 Mii Costumes are swordfighters, so the likelyhood of one of the remaining 3 being a sword user is pretty decent. KOS-MOS, meanwhile, is primarily a gunner in nature which does give her more leeway

I.D.

Smash Lord
So, inspired by a recent video, I decided to look up the prices people are paying nowadays for older Xeno games since Xenoblade started booming in popularity in the last few years. I promise the results won't surprise you:

xenogears price.jpg

xenosaga1 price.jpg

(I have no idea what happened in June 2014)

xenosaga2 price.jpg

xenosaga3 price.jpg

Hey Nintendo, you love MONEY right? There's MONEY to be made here. Make a call to SE and Namco and tell them to port the damn games to the eshop already. Easy MONEY for minimum effort. And port X while you're at it.

Last edited:

Luty

Smash Cadet
So, inspired by a recent video, I decided to look up the prices people are paying nowadays for older Xeno games since Xenoblade started booming in popularity in the last few years. I promise the results won't surprise you:

View attachment 299701

View attachment 299702
(I have no idea what happened in June 2014)

View attachment 299704

View attachment 299705

Hey Nintendo, you love MONEY right? There's MONEY to be made here. Make a call to SE and Namco and tell them to port the damn games to the eshop already. Easy MONEY for minimum effort. And port X while you're at it.
Well, I am surprised about how much more Episode III is over the other two. The Xenogears price does not surprise me, though.

Suiren_Kirin

Smash Cadet
I decided to look up the prices people are paying nowadays for older Xeno games since Xenoblade started booming in popularity in the last few years.
I can confirm that the prices are very high, I have started collecting Xeno's games figures and art books and I have already spent my salary for a month A port of the trilogy would sell like hot cakes

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

The only alternative is waiting 5-6 months from here on out if the next characters warrant reveals side-by-side, and that would be the most favorable outcome if we want the 5chan leak with Crash/KOS-MOS/Reimu to be true. After all, what better opportunity is there to announce Eastern and Western appeal reps than a big event like E3? It'd basically be Hero & Banjo New Game Plus.

While it's not impossible to get Reimu and Crash at separate points throughout this year, it just seems unlikely, especially since it'd probably make more sense to plan ahead and not announce characters in such an order that it'll annoy and confuse a bunch of Smash fans. Best case scenario, Crash/Reimu dual reveal with Kosy as the final character, while the worst case scenario is Kosy in March, then Crash in E3, and then Reimu as the final character.

Bear in mind, this is just a hypothetical in how the scenario of the 5chan leak could play out if true, but since there is no solid proof that it's legitimate apart from either really lucky guesses or a disgruntled employee (that hasn't been caught yet), I'm on the boat that no one should have this kind of information. The only way things could be different is if there is a similar vault breach in the DLC project to the Capcom fiasco that might have went under the radar.

But then what are the odds of that? Anyone dumb enough to pull off that stunt would have to at least know that Nintendo is more than capable of tracking them down, so rather than pulling the ramson card for money, this theoretical employee or insider would have to lay low with no real benefit other than seeing how the internet would react once they start piecing the announcements and timeline together.
The next Amiibo wave with Banjo & Kazooie, Terry, and Byleth drops in late March so there's that as well. The DLC fighters always come out close to when the Amiibo waves drop, so I would be paying attention to the last week of March because of this. I think the next fighter will be released in March as well.

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Harada previously stated at the beginning of 2020 that he was working hard on a KOS-MOS revival project that went on hiatus now. That cannot be Xenosaga HD because the market analysis failure of Xenosaga HD happened years ago and for all we know KOS-MOS is going to come back in something. Doesn't have to be smash and I'm only suggesting that it may be the case through speculation. Harada talked with Monolith Soft about Xeno towards the end of 2019 and was promoted to general brand manager of Namco as well last year.
WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA
WHEN was this? That's exciting stuff, you got a link to Harada mentioning the revival project?

Happy new year fellow KOS-MOS supporters!

man, that DS remake really looks like it could work as a SNES or GBA title, lol.

Ok, I'm not one to come in and try and cause trouble in other peoples threads, but this bothers me a lot.

How is this tweet

Which is also the tweet that most people are basing their ratings off of, untrue? It's literally right here. Like you don't have to like the fact we're rating one of your characters low but don't pretend that we're just making stuff up.

And also to your Geno point, the regulars to my knowledge don't rate him that high. We get a lot of crossover from his thread on his days and they mostly give out the high ratings and piece out until he's back up. That's not unique to Geno though, that's a pretty common occurrence in the thread for characters with active support threads.
Speaking as someone who put KOS-MOS on my personal "want but do not expect ever" wishlist

-KOS-MOS is still going to reappear in several crossovers by Namco/Monolith Soft.
-KOS-MOS and the Xenosaga series can still get something other than a continuation, remake, or rereleases of Xenosaga.
-they are NEVER going to be done with KOS-MOS

and I haven't even read the criticisms in the thread because I don't even bother with a lot of Smashboards topics here, but I'm sure its no better than any other dismissive reasoning I seen for other characters outside this site.

[KOS-MOS going through the same cycle of scorn and hatred in a thread containing less-than-civil posts regarding her chances]
View attachment 298127
KOS-MOS will always remain my #1 Most-Wanted, but until it finally happens, I'll remain cautiously optimistic for her chances. Like any other character that is currently being talked about in speculation, her chances are pretty much 50/50 imo. She's in or she isn't, there's no in-between, and we can attribute the same kind of novelty to plenty of characters that would be equally awesome and have staying power in Smash. Terry is proof of that concept.

I have nothing more to offer that wasn't already stated over a dozen times by multiple people who recognize where her potential lies. We've been through this song and dance already. All I will say is that she will remain in the dark until she is confirmed to be playable, or the curtains for Smash support finally blanket the stage for the grand finale ahead.

Honestly, I don't care about the glory. Living in their heads rent-free is more than enough.
amen friend

They even took down a Among us crew mod for smash ultimate the other day. Honestly I dont think it means anything that certain characters are or aren't in. I wouldn't make noise over this being bad for us.
it's still up lol, only the video is down.

Last edited by a moderator:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It'll be interesting to see where speculation goes once FP9 is revealed
I will be both excited and afraid where speculation will take us after the next character as if nothing else is announced by the next two fighters, than we are looking at the last 3 newcomers in Ultimate with Fighter's Pass 2. People got salty and upset about Bayonetta's inclusion in Smash 4 for being the last newcomer in that game and claiming she stole the Smash Ballot and some people are still salty over that. Imagine how salty people will be with Ultimate's last newcomer regardless of who it is because of it being the biggest Smash Bros. ever bringing back all the veterans, almost every stage, and putting in so many heavily requested characters people have asked for years for in like Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, ect. No matter who the last newcomer is in Ultimate, that character and their fanbase will have a lot of weight carried on their shoulders for years as it will probably be the last Smash newcomer for several years and the biggest flame war in the Smash community's history will begin after this character's inclusion and people will target most of their hate and frustration on this last newcomer and their fanbase.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I will be both excited and afraid where speculation will take us after the next character as if nothing else is announced by the next two fighters, than we are looking at the last 3 newcomers in Ultimate with Fighter's Pass 2. People got salty and upset about Bayonetta's inclusion in Smash 4 for being the last newcomer in that game and claiming she stole the Smash Ballot and some people are still salty over that. Imagine how salty people will be with Ultimate's last newcomer regardless of who it is because of it being the biggest Smash Bros. ever bringing back all the veterans, almost every stage, and putting in so many heavily requested characters people have asked for years for in like Ridley, K. Rool, Banjo & Kazooie, ect. No matter who the last newcomer is in Ultimate, that character and their fanbase will have a lot of weight carried on their shoulders for years as it will probably be the last Smash newcomer for several years and the biggest flame war in the Smash community's history will begin after this character's inclusion and people will target most of their hate and frustration on this last newcomer and their fanbase.
I think things will be more positive as long as we don't get another FE rep

MattX20

Smash Hero
But you remember the negative backlash people gave Bayonetta at the end of Smash 4 don't you? I think that will happen again at the end of Ultimate regardless who the last character is.
I remember more backlash towards Corrin than Bayonetta. I remember people being more hyped for her prior to her being playable in February of 2016

Last edited:
Top Bottom