• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty funny. If KOS-MOS does get in because of them asking the developer for input that'd be amazing. It's really nice that she at least has that going for her.

MajestyIndigo

Smash Ace
She has her many fans siding with her as well ! She is among the likeliest characters at this point.

Last edited:

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
My top pics for this fighter's pass is Dante and Kos-Mos, sora might be a 3rd but meh, i have not given up on Kos-Mos however Dante is my most wanted.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
View attachment 275777

How we KOS-MOS fans reacted after seeing Tekken is out. But there is still Lloyd to contend with. :p
My legit reaction was, "another one bites the dust!" Either way, I'm just happy that today gave us some much-needed good news and revived the Monolith fighter support threads.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
View attachment 275777

How we KOS-MOS fans reacted after seeing Tekken is out. But there is still Lloyd to contend with. :p
Basically us if Lloyd is out too:

Literally, it's either KOS-MOS or Lloyd at this point that's going to be the Namco rep. A Soul Calibur rep could be likely as well, but since Tekken is out I kind of seeing that being less likely as I think the Heihachi Mii costume would have returned in the Soul Calibur pack.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Hey all I finally finished DE and Future connected finally! So now I have a lot of thoughts on Xenoblade 3/next XB title which I will leave in spoiler tags.

BIG SPOILERS for FC

About the whole future connected part though I noticed that the Fog King resembles the monster in Xenoblade 2 from the Land of Morytha called Inferno Guldo, plus there are XB2 monsters in FC that are affected by the Rift so there is definitely a connection there. BUT it can also be a Gnosis as IT CANNOT be harmed by anyone until later in the game where Shulk enhances Monado REX. For any Xenosaga fans this is an obvious huge reference to the Hilbert effect KOS-MOS uses to damage the Gnosis. Also, there's some stuff on X I figured out. I remember in X there is a enemy called Telethia the Endbringer. The rift at the end of Future connected might explain how Telethia transformed and got to Mira. 3 Telethia get in the rift... and while there is only two Telethia in Xenoblade X, I still think this is extremely possible but just speculating! They pretty much sacrificed themselves by going through the rifts I think so it's possible one was reborn in X as the Endbringer. And wouldn't Endbringer be a suitable title for something so powerful given that Mira is a planet on the verge of extinction? Not saying this hints at X 2 or anything like that though but it may be the reason a telethia is in X.

Either way, the rift is not done and it is made obvious that it is going to be the main threat in the future. Melia may have abolished one Fog King/Beast when she went super saiyan and utterly destroyed it but the scene directly before that is more important. Melia and Shulk are convinced that this threat is going to harm their future forever and she's very very sure about it. So what if in Xenoblade 3 it follows a different protagonist but we still eventually meet the XB1 cast, Rex and the XB2 cast, and KOS-MOS/Xenosaga characters. Yes, the Xenoavengers precisely. It is going to connect with Alvis/Ontos in Xenoblade 3. Elma sidequest in Xenoblade 2 which hinted at it in the first place is totally canon. There's no changing my mind. KOS-MOS and Mythra are also present in that scene remember? I hope it comes true. Perhaps this is truly a nod to Xenosaga and why Choco included the Zohar in the 10th anniversary artwork he drew for Xenoblade alongside all the Xenoblade main characters. Remember how it was the focal point of the artwork? It also LOOKS like... (I found this in a Luxin video) that Shulk, Elma, Rex, are all gazing at someone looking at them hence why the other party members are in the back. The Zohar hints at more Xenosaga influence such as KOS-MOS, T-ELOS, etc. So basically my canon for XB3 might actually come true after Future connected. Melia becomes Empress of Alcamoth at the end and Tyrea joins as her shadow. I think this can easily hint that Melia will have a huge role in still managing Alcamoth and her dying people. Maybe they can work towards restoring telethia back to their High Entia forms, etc. Melia clearly is not done.
And even if i'm wrong... this speculation is clearly a wild ride that Monolith wants fans to suffer through haha.

Phew, now that I got that out of the way I just want to say that Melia needs to be in smash! The screentime and awesome use of her abilities in the crazy cinematic cutscenes were amazing. It's like Shulk wasn't even there. Melia is just so awesome and I think i'm going to stan her heavily now 2nd in line. KOS-MOS is obviously still first but you guys knew that already lol.

But yeah I dunno I think things might line up for Melia. DE may have not took long in development but it was obviously planned before the 2nd fighter pass happened so with that in mind and Future connected with Melia as the MC maybe just maybe Nintendo had interest in Monolith's new story. Obviously there is also the scale figure she is getting which shows that huge increase in popularity but that's all she really has. That being said... she'd be such an awesome Mage fighter because we need more of those in smash. Dont get me wrong, I want Fiora and Elma too still but Melia really impressed me in FC despite how short it was. Also, dont forget that Jenna Louise Coleman (Melia's VA) is really popular at least in the UK/Europe. The fact she even came back for FC was really impressive... perhaps she can be one of the big voices for smash.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Update: Xenoblade DE sells 1.32 Million units in first month! (33days)

Source: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2020/200806e.pdf

Huge news, tbh! If you remember the original game... it didn't even surpass Xenosaga Episode I in sales and it actually sold really badly at the time despite being an amazing game it was only a Japan and Europe release before it came to NA. Reason why this is good news is because if Xenosaga is ever remastered then this pretty much guarantees people are interested in Monolith Soft remasters. I dont know when we will ever see Xenosaga HD but I think Harada should look at this and try to get a collab going between Namco and Monolith Soft since the guy is determined to revive Xenosaga. Not sure if it will happen but at least this does bring good news that Monolith Soft is now a premier JRPG maker for Nintendo (not that they weren't already) but it is nice to have numbers. Xenoblade 2 and Xenoblade DE selling well back to back like that is amazing confidence for the developers and who knows maybe we will get a surprise Xenoblade/Xeno character in smash. I mean it only makes sense. I think Melia would sell well as part of the fighter's pass and hell even KOS-MOS would. Those are the two characters I think are more likely for Xeno representation right now but of course that is only if Namco plays ball. Either way this is great news.

I still want KOS-MOS after all this time. At this point without the promise of Xenosaga HD Trilogy I can only hope for the best...
Yeah, but at least now we know Xenosaga would probably sell well if remastered since Monolith Soft without a doubt has fans for their JRPGS more now.

I.D.

Smash Lord
I dont know when we will ever see Xenosaga HD but I think Harada should look at this and try to get a collab going between Namco and Monolith Soft since the guy is determined to revive Xenosaga.
Something I hadn't considered before but it may actually be a problem that it is Harada of all people the one pushing for Xenosaga within Namco. While he is friends with Takahashi the issue with him is that from interviews and releases of games he's involved with he seems to have a certain disdain for the Switch, or Nintendo consoles in general. I wouldn't be surprised if the reason he "failed" is because he was pushing for some dumb unrealistic scenario, like releasing a Xenosaga trilogy but making it PS4 exclusive with the reasoning that the originals were on PS2, something that obviously wouldn't make any sense since:
1. Most big Monolith fans have already made the jump by now.
2. Being a Nintendo subsidiary, Monolith would not be able to be involved with such a project.

This is purely hypothetical of course but at the same time Harada hasn't made a move to support the Switch, so it sounds plausible.

Regardless it's very good news that Xenoblade keeps performing well and that Monolith keeps growing. The more it grows, the more interested people get in it, and the more it leads to people looking into the studio's history...

Last edited:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
kicks down door
Hey guys, we're rating KOS-MOS now. Show your support and give your input, if you want.
There is some strong anti KOS-MOS sentiment in that thread, my friend. I don't even want to bother showing support because I really don't feel like dealing with the inevitable arguments.

I.D.

Smash Lord
There is some strong anti KOS-MOS sentiment in that thread, my friend. I don't even want to bother showing support because I really don't feel like dealing with the inevitable arguments.
Just drop in and leave a short post with high scores, it will piss them off

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I feel like whenever certain characters get rated, there is always the group of people who think “never heard of X so X is trash” or something to that effect.
To that I say, never let them get you down. To me, I want KOS-MOS because I enjoy her design. Nothing more, nothing less.
Ultimately, it’s all about how you enjoy the character in the end, not how others perceive them.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I only posted in RTC once or twice. I generally avoid it cause of toxicity to the fans of my wanted characters in general.

Elma’s had it when she was rated. Neku had it. Almost all my faves have. And with how my life is atm I’m trying to avoid toxicity as much as possible for a more positive outlook

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I only posted in RTC once or twice. I generally avoid it cause of toxicity to the fans of my wanted characters in general.

Elma’s had it when she was rated. Neku had it. Almost all my faves have. And with how my life is atm I’m trying to avoid toxicity as much as possible for a more positive outlook
That's more where I'm at with that thread. It's not getting me down per se, but the toxicity there (and in the realm of Smash speculation in general) is just too exhausting to deal with. There's enough of that in the world as it is, people shouldn't have to deal with it when they come to discuss fictional characters in a children's fighting game. If you aren't familiar with a character and don't support them because you haven't played their game that's 100% okay. That's basically where I am with Lloyd (no disrespect to Tales Of fans, just haven't played the games myself). But to say that KOS-MOS is irrelevant trash and her support comes purely comes from one leak is laughable.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I see no point in participation when the majority of these threads are corrupted with spite and hatred. I know who I want and that's pretty much all that matters at the end. I'd rather let my dreams die in peace than to watch them burn like witch hunt victims.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Lol rate their chances thread is such a joke. Full of the same circle of toxic people that dont research well, proceed to call everything they dont like trash as fact, etc. Last time I participated it was the same ****e so I can expect it to be no different. Also, rating characters is pretty stupid in the first place because the thread is obviously skewed towards a specific fanbase/hatebase. I've tried to show support in there and be reasonable about KOS-MOS but I would rather not this time around.

That being said... the KOS-MOS figure is finally releasing next week for reals this time after all the pandemic delay. Yes, I'm aware that there is likely 90% a direct next week because Nate got the indies showcase right and said there is a direct on the 28th but the figure itself has no bearing on that. I'm hoping for a Xeno reveal but I hope for a lot of things and usually it ends in disappointment. Let's keep those expectations in check and best of all dont think about how KOS-MOS is rated on here because it means nothing about the overall character.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
That being said... the KOS-MOS figure is finally releasing next week for reals this time after all the pandemic delay. Yes, I'm aware that there is likely 90% a direct next week because Nate got the indies showcase right and said there is a direct on the 28th but the figure itself has no bearing on that. I'm hoping for a Xeno reveal but I hope for a lot of things and usually it ends in disappointment. Let's keep those expectations in check and best of all dont think about how KOS-MOS is rated on here because it means nothing about the overall character.
Ohhh boy... Speaking of which, I don't want to jinx anything, but KOS-MOS Re has been receiving delays constantly toward the end of each month. Very high chance it'll get delayed again, so I'm keeping my expectations very low on that. I'm honestly convinced that until this pandemic blows over and SAL shipping opens up once again, certain figures just aren't getting exported no matter what.

As for the rumored Direct, I'm keeping my expectations low as well. Not just for the potential content, but its mere existence, really. Some of the things to consider about an inevitable Direct are whether or not it's a "Mini"; the presence of a host; what it's focused around; unannounced titles; the pacing of each announcement; and so on. If it ends up being a really big deal, that would be neat for personal reasons.

akarise

Smash Rookie
NNID
akarise
Switch FC
SW-5355-8287-4116
Ohhh boy... Speaking of which, I don't want to jinx anything, but KOS-MOS Re has been receiving delays constantly toward the end of each month. Very high chance it'll get delayed again, so I'm keeping my expectations very low on that. I'm honestly convinced that until this pandemic blows over and SAL shipping opens up once again, certain figures just aren't getting exported no matter what.
Good Smile Company already confirmed that she's being released on August 27th so no more delays. If you ordered her through Amazon JP, which is the cheapest place to get her, you'll receive her within a few days.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Good Smile Company already confirmed that she's being released on August 27th so no more delays. If you ordered her through Amazon JP, which is the cheapest place to get her, you'll receive her within a few days.
I hope that's the case. Unfortunately though, fast shipping isn't an option with COVID around. I have a Musashi Miyamoto figure on the side that I pre-ordered with SAL shipping long before the virus became a problem, and now she's delayed indefinitely until SAL shipments resume. I won't see KOS-MOS for a whole month at best, but I'm glad she's finally being shipped on that day. Considering the numerous delays, I was ready for another one, even with a confirmed release date.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
KOS-MOS figurine seems to be selling very well. Seeing it out of stock in quite a number of sites/places. Now I dunno if I will get mine since it is 330 dollars Canadian but.... let's just appreciate the boxart of the figurine.

It's a pretty nice box. I like the design for sure and I believe that artwork on the bottom right is entirely new artwork. I cant tell if it is Kunihiko Tanaka that drew it? (he designed KOS-MOS in Xenoblade 2 and Xenosaga Episode I and II) I have never seen it before and I need a HQ version ASAP.

Also, I'm jealous I wont be getting mine for awhile. Shipping price is way too high.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Kunihiko Tanaka definitely drew it. He even made a blog post on how it'd be their last contribution to Xeno for a while.
“I’m doing an illustration for this [KOS-MOS] figurine. This is probably my final job for Xeno artwork.”
Honestly, I'm going to be hugely disappointed if he really doesn't return for future entries. I love his style and his designs were the focus of my two favorite Xeno games (Gears and X).

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I got a notification for the figure, so mine will be shipped fairly soon now that I paid it off. I can't wait!

Kunihiko Tanaka definitely drew it. He even made a blog post on how it'd be their last contribution to Xeno for a while.

Honestly, I'm going to be hugely disappointed if he really doesn't return for future entries. I love his style and his designs were the focus of my two favorite Xeno games (Gears and X).
Oh dear, he will be missed then. I love his art and his contributions to Monolith Soft. Part of me thinks he'll return some day when they call for him, as the implication seems to be that there isn't a Xeno title in development in general. The other part is worried that this might be the last of KOS-MOS in terms of official content, at least outside of CHOCO who draws stuff spontaneously without provocation at times. Considering how substantial Tanaka is to Xeno artwork as a whole, losing him feels really weird. It'd be like if Takeuchi suddenly retired from Type-Moon, or Kaneko leaving Atlus, or Shinkiro not drawing for Capcom anymore.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I got a notification for the figure, so mine will be shipped fairly soon now that I paid it off. I can't wait!

Oh dear, he will be missed then. I love his art and his contributions to Monolith Soft. Part of me thinks he'll return some day when they call for him, as the implication seems to be that there isn't a Xeno title in development in general. The other part is worried that this might be the last of KOS-MOS in terms of official content, at least outside of CHOCO who draws stuff spontaneously without provocation at times. Considering how substantial Tanaka is to Xeno artwork as a whole, losing him feels really weird. It'd be like if Takeuchi suddenly retired from Type-Moon, or Kaneko leaving Atlus, or Shinkiro not drawing for Capcom anymore.
or Tetsuya Nomura not illustrating for Square Enix anymore

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

Wow, I've not seen this article before. I'm really happy he drew it! Now I need a HQ version ASAP... like I need it so bad knowing it is him. It's pretty sad that he's away from Xeno. I suppose we will not see him do character design for Xenoblade 3... so maybe CHOCO will be the character designer. I'm not sure but I can hear all the complaints already if that happened since he comes from a hentai background.... but you know what I always liked his design and the 10th anniversary Xenoblade artwork he drew was amazing. I think he might be the Xenoblade 3 character designer because of that artwork, personally but I could be wrong. We could also get a new person like how that new person drew the 20th anniversary art with KOS-MOS front and center for Monolith's 20th anniversary. Or of course it could be Saitom again like in Xenoblade 2 who also did hentai stuff like CHOCO. Eh, I still love Pyra and Mythra so i'm not going to argue about that.

Anyway, i'm sure we will see Xenoblade 3 soon enough. I mean ACE posted this tweet a few weeks ago.

So if anything they have to be recording the music for Xenoblade 3.

Yeah, he's going to be missed and I honestly think he's taking a break or gone. I'm pretty sure he did not work on Xenoblade DE but I hope i'm wrong. I still dont know much of anything about the character design in DE but it was really good. Why is it such a secret? No idea... could be a new graduate.

I wish Figma would make a KOS-MOS figure. I would kill for a KOS-MOS Figma.
https://myfigurecollection.net/browse.v4.php?keywords=kos-mos enjoy XD

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Very nice! I'm a bit disappointed that the back of the box does not have a full version of the Tanaka art though. I'm just going to hope he releases it in full sometime.
I don't recall seeing the art from inside the box either. I was in a hurry for the photo shoot and the shelf placement that I might have overlooked that detail if it's around there. He might post something in the near future, but we shouldn't hold our breaths either. I don't think Choco ever provided a full resolution artwork of Pneuma's swimsuit either. And those scans had to be edited heavily by people who had the definitive artworks book on them.

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord
Took a while, but I've finally 100%'d XBDE so I can give a quick thought on its epilogue, I admit I walked into it with some apprehension due to some people claiming it was disappointing but I walked away quite satisfied with it. Like many elements in the Xeno series, it becomes more enjoyable when viewed through an extra allegorical lens instead of just taking everything at face value only. The dialogue of this scene in particular caught my attention:

Gael'gar: "You think THIS is the future? This reactionary struggle to revive what is long buried? The future of the High Entia is us. We are what the race ought to become. We are the true face of the High Entia!"

Melia: "If not for our ancestors, we would have never even drawn breath."

Gael'gar: "Ancestors? I recognize them not. You, Lady Melia, are our progenitor. You were our beginning, and you will be our future!"

Melia: "Senseless drivel. If you were to interfere with this research for the sake of spouting your nonsense, you do not deserve my mercy!"

Gael'gar: "Why won't you understand? Why won't you accept that we are the ones destined to lead?!"

Melia: "You will not so easily refute our history!"
"This scenario isn't simply a new story to be told, but a way stone of sorts, pointing towards the future.
The events that take place and the words spoken by the characters in Future Connected are linked to the future of Xenoblade itself."
- Tetsuya Takahashi

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Took a while, but I've finally 100%'d XBDE so I can give a quick thought on its epilogue, I admit I walked into it with some apprehension due to some people claiming it was disappointing but I walked away quite satisfied with it. Like many elements in the Xeno series, it becomes more enjoyable when viewed through an extra allegorical lens instead of just taking everything at face value only. The dialogue of this scene in particular caught my attention:

"This scenario isn't simply a new story to be told, but a way stone of sorts, pointing towards the future.
The events that take place and the words spoken by the characters in Future Connected are linked to the future of Xenoblade itself."
- Tetsuya Takahashi
Yeah, what you hear mostly on Future Connected being bad is from people who had their expectations set that there would be Xenoblade 2 lore connections and such like the Conduit showing up or something along those lines.
instead we get what are essentially gnosis lmao

But hm, I think you're literally the first person I've seen actually come up with an example of what Takahashi might've been talking about when he said that.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Yeah, what you hear mostly on Future Connected being bad is from people who had their expectations set that there would be Xenoblade 2 lore connections and such like the Conduit showing up or something along those lines.
instead we get what are essentially gnosis lmao

But hm, I think you're literally the first person I've seen actually come up with an example of what Takahashi might've been talking about when he said that.
I didn't even bother mentioning the Gnosis King and the Shulk Effect because anyone who has played Xenosaga would instantly recognize those.

I'm surprised more people didn't point out what the character of Gael'gar seems to be representing in general. The director himself has clearly told us that the words spoken by the characters in Future Connected have an important meaning for the future of the series (and I don't think he was just talking about minor face value stuff like Melia saying at the end she has a premonition of danger), and Gael'gar's character is essentially that of someone maniacally obsessed with erasing the past. I honestly thought it was a little bit too on the nose while I was playing lmao.

Last edited:

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
Last month I dug out my PS2 and started playing Xenosaga Episode I. I actually never played II or III so once I burn through Episode I again, I'll pick them up. It's cool y'all are talking about the Good Smile KOS-MOS figure because mine should be coming in the mail soon and I'm pretty hyped about it!

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I didn't even bother mentioning the Gnosis King and the Shulk Effect because anyone who has played Xenosaga would instantly recognize those.

I'm surprised more people didn't point out what the character of Gael'gar seems to be representing in general. The director himself has clearly told us that the words spoken by the characters in Future Connected have an important meaning for the future of the series (and I don't think he was just talking about minor face value stuff like Melia saying at the end she has a premonition of danger), and Gael'gar's character is essentially that of someone maniacally obsessed with erasing the past. I honestly thought it was a little bit too on the nose while I was playing lmao.
Yeah from what I've seen most people write off Gael'gar as some worse version of Amalthus in writing quality. Honestly that's generally all I've seen people say about him and that's kinda sad people aren't really digging deep on some of those things, even the Xeno-tubers that are known for that like Miiks.

Top Bottom