• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
anything new? just to let you guys know im still here and the support continues.
really appreciate it. I'm afraid there's nothing new though worth noting. I'm still checking the thread though and will update if I ever find anything new. For now though you can expect speculation to be extremely quiet but we should be getting a direct this week. So hopefully something KOS-MOS related pops up in Xenoblade Definitive edition.

akarise

Smash Rookie
NNID
akarise
Switch FC
SW-5355-8287-4116
I saw this on 4chan a few days ago and didn't think much of it but since there's nothing else going on I guess I'll share it: https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/495242285

"A friend of mine who knew about Terry and and hinted at a Fire Emblem character coming in January has DMed me recently and given some of the characters coming with the 2nd Fighter Pass. So, the pass is gonna start off with Crash, I think he's planned for a reveal sometime in February and will be released in April but we can only work off of rough estimates right now as to when a character releases, we know that Cacodemon Mii costume that leaked earlier will be coming with Crash (sorry Doombros). Next fighter is Sora, said to come at E3, he's definitely coming with an enhanced Geno costume, Mallow, Smithy, and Chocobo. The fact that Sora's negotiations failed was true, but it was for the base game. Disney wanted spirits like Donald and Goofy in the game but Nintendo said no. Nintendo saw the fan demand and went back to Disney and allowed some Disney characters to be represented in things like Spirits and on Sora's stage. Last he knows is KOS MOS, being revealed sometime in September about and released late 2020. Most of the content coming with KOS MOS is unknown due to how far out she is. That's all my buddy has said, but I'll be sure to update if/when he knows more."

D

Deleted member

I saw this on 4chan a few days ago and didn't think much of it but since there's nothing else going on I guess I'll share it: https://boards.4channel.org/v/thread/495242285

"A friend of mine who knew about Terry and and hinted at a Fire Emblem character coming in January has DMed me recently and given some of the characters coming with the 2nd Fighter Pass. So, the pass is gonna start off with Crash, I think he's planned for a reveal sometime in February and will be released in April but we can only work off of rough estimates right now as to when a character releases, we know that Cacodemon Mii costume that leaked earlier will be coming with Crash (sorry Doombros). Next fighter is Sora, said to come at E3, he's definitely coming with an enhanced Geno costume, Mallow, Smithy, and Chocobo. The fact that Sora's negotiations failed was true, but it was for the base game. Disney wanted spirits like Donald and Goofy in the game but Nintendo said no. Nintendo saw the fan demand and went back to Disney and allowed some Disney characters to be represented in things like Spirits and on Sora's stage. Last he knows is KOS MOS, being revealed sometime in September about and released late 2020. Most of the content coming with KOS MOS is unknown due to how far out she is. That's all my buddy has said, but I'll be sure to update if/when he knows more."
Seems suspicious, but I ain't buyin' it. **** like that is easy to piggyback out of.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Hey all long time no see. Sadly I don't think we'll be in for any Smash news until April, but we'll have to see.

Regarding the leak posted above I feel one person who knows 3 characters this far back is a red flag for BS.

D

Deleted member

Hey all long time no see. Sadly I don't think we'll be in for any Smash news until April, but we'll have to see.

Regarding the leak posted above I feel one person who knows 3 characters this far back is a red flag for BS.
If this guy knew, he would've came forward much sooner.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
About the leak, by now, anyone who says they know THAT much is most likely messing around.

Also, it's been a bit, I took a small break from the internet but I'm still hoping for her. Finally beat Xenosaga 1 before the break and I loved it.

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
The person in the leak knows too much. Like how the hell does someone already know of not one, not two but THREE F***ING DLC characters already? Not even the top insiders/leakers would say they know that much. And it's likely all future DLC characters will be top secret even among fellow Nintendo staff like Byleth. Assuming no copyright gets accidentally leaked in the official fighters pass webpage. so yeah, this is definitely fake.

Also, about those rumored directs coming this month, When do you peeps think they'll air? For me i'm leaning towards February 13 for the first one. Directs usually happen on Wednesday or Thursday, and the official DMC twitter said to look out for info on that date. A direct would be a prime opportunity to reveal more info. so basically, I'm thinking an announcement on Wednesday, and then the direct on Thursday in the afternoon. Who knows, maybe Dante will be confirmed on Thursday. As for the second direct, that is 100% going to be dedicated to AC news but I have no idea when that will show up.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The person in the leak knows too much. Like how the hell does someone already know of not one, not two but THREE ****ING DLC characters already? Not even the top insiders/leakers would say they know that much. And it's likely all future DLC characters will be top secret even among fellow Nintendo staff like Byleth. Assuming no copyright gets accidentally leaked in the official fighters pass webpage. so yeah, this is definitely fake.

Also, about those rumored directs coming this month, When do you peeps think they'll air? For me i'm leaning towards February 13 for the first one. Directs usually happen on Wednesday or Thursday, and the official DMC twitter said to look out for info on that date. A direct would be a prime opportunity to reveal more info. so basically, I'm thinking an announcement on Wednesday, and then the direct on Thursday in the afternoon. Who knows, maybe Dante will be confirmed on Thursday. As for the second direct, that is 100% going to be dedicated to AC news but I have no idea when that will show up.
Quick reminder not to censor dodge, you can get warned for that

but I’ve seen more ridiculous: that (ugh) Blocked Content covered an obviously fake leak that like all 6 FP2 characters would be revealed the 13th and their releases would be spread out until Dec 2021 or something. Real stupid stuff lmao

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Yeah, I highly doubt that that leak is real.

We've barely had Byleth for about, what, 2 weeks or more? Let's just cool our jets and be patient. They're not speed-developing, after all.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
That 4chan leak just piggybacks some rumors, its nothing that any of us can do. But to say the truth, I would like allmost all of what he says to happen. (except the part of cacodemon with Crash and the Geno DX mii costume).

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
It’d be funny if KOS-MOS used Bayo as a base since the KOS-MOS mod done by Demonslayerx8 was done over Zero Suit Samus, who was Bayo’s base.

But yeah, this probably doesn’t mean much.
Lol if bayo can have this kind of costume 2B can definitely come as a playable character.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Lol if bayo can have this kind of costume 2B can definitely come as a playable character.
At least FP6 isn’t likely to be Crash now as the person claiming he was just went silent after no direct lmao

I MEAN BAYO FOR CRASH?! Think of how ridiculous that would be! (Or don’t. The mental images. Shudder)

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I can just imagine how a deluxe Geno costume would be received :/ Anyways as everyone's already said I doubt they'd know all those fighters and costumes to boot. We're in for a bit of a wait methinks.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

going to guess that this person’s buddy was Mandycan. Looks like Mandycan was a fraud though to the surprise of absolutely nobody. Therefore, I think this “leaker” was just trying to create some noise by using Mandycan. Also, I just want to point out that characters are probably developed in 3’s still and it’s suspect as hell that this person says only KOS-MOS thing is her name. Nothing else. Yup, instant red flag here I’m sorry to say.

About the leak, by now, anyone who says they know THAT much is most likely messing around.

Also, it's been a bit, I took a small break from the internet but I'm still hoping for her. Finally beat Xenosaga 1 before the break and I loved it.
Episode 1 is truly great! I hope you decide to play II despite the tons of issues I have with it. III is fantastic though.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
going to guess that this person’s buddy was Mandycan. Looks like Mandycan was a fraud though to the surprise of absolutely nobody. Therefore, I think this “leaker” was just trying to create some noise by using Mandycan. Also, I just want to point out that characters are probably developed in 3’s still and it’s suspect as hell that this person says only KOS-MOS thing is her name. Nothing else. Yup, instant red flag here I’m sorry to say.

Episode 1 is truly great! I hope you decide to play II despite the tons of issues I have with it. III is fantastic though.
I already started II, though I have played it very, very little (less than an hour so far) but it does feel a bit different. I'll try and beat it though, and III too! I'm glad I finally got to finish Episode I, because I'm really enjoying the games so far.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
*Insert Shocked Pikachu Face* I honestly can't believe people are still trying to claim that they're credible leakers on 4chan. You would think Sakurai's comments that only top staff at Nintendo/Sora Ltd. know about the new fighters would put this stuff to bed. None of these "insiders" have any credibility, and I'm so sick of them getting everyone's hopes up just so they can get a few minutes of internet fame.

I can just imagine how a deluxe Geno costume would be received :/ Anyways as everyone's already said I doubt they'd know all those fighters and costumes to boot. We're in for a bit of a wait methinks.
Hey, at least KOS-MOS isn't among the Namco costumes that have yet to return from Smash 4. And there's the data suggesting that FP6 is based on Bayonetta, which isn't too much of a stretch to potentially use as a base for KOS-MOS (though this could just as easily be hinting at Elma or 2B, both of which I'd be happy with too). That's basically all we have going for us at this point. As I've said previously, I'm nervous about how KOS-MOS would be received after the Byleth fiasco, considering how much more demand characters like Lloyd and Heihachi have behind them. I wish us good fortune in the wars to come.

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
*Insert Shocked Pikachu Face* I honestly can't believe people are still trying to claim that they're credible leakers on 4chan. You would think Sakurai's comments that only top staff at Nintendo/Sora Ltd. know about the new fighters would put this stuff to bed. None of these "insiders" have any credibility, and I'm so sick of them getting everyone's hopes up just so they can get a few minutes of internet fame.

Hey, at least KOS-MOS isn't among the Namco costumes that have yet to return from Smash 4. And there's the data suggesting that FP6 is based on Bayonetta, which isn't too much of a stretch to potentially use as a base for KOS-MOS (though this could just as easily be hinting at Elma or 2B, both of which I'd be happy with too). That's basically all we have going for us at this point. As I've said previously, I'm nervous about how KOS-MOS would be received after the Byleth fiasco, considering how much more demand characters like Lloyd and Heihachi have behind them. I wish us good fortune in the wars to come.
After seeing how the bayonetta costume go into the 2B-kind of costume, if that is actually a hint, then 2B is almost a certain thing.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I think there is reason to doubt Zippo now, personally. Although he is not a attention seeker, I find it really hard to believe there are going to be two directs now in the remainder of the month. Nintendo has not done a General direct in the later half of the month lately and I dont expect that pattern to break. I think we should also expect no leaks. Nintendo recently called out the sword shield leaker after all and who says they won't do it for their other games?

D

Deleted member

I think there is reason to doubt Zippo now, personally. Although he is not a attention seeker, I find it really hard to believe there are going to be two directs now in the remainder of the month. Nintendo has not done a General direct in the later half of the month lately and I dont expect that pattern to break. I think we should also expect no leaks. Nintendo recently called out the sword shield leaker after all and who says they won't do it for their other games?
I'd say the same. But this dead air...dear me.

Ricksaw

Smash Cadet
Care to elaborate?
Ok have you seen the dress that to 2B is left with when she selfdestruct? Well is basically the same dress that bayo has on that "bug", "glitch" i dont know what to call it. But you can open the link of the error and then go to yt and see the dress of 2B after she selfdestruct.

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice

I'm still in the belief that KOS-MOS would be more unique than another swordie/Fighting game character (Lloyd/heihachi.) and trust me, nothing gets the smash community more livid than the announcement of more fire emblem characters. Though I can't help but feel like prioritizing KOS-MOS over Tekken/Tales is a bit backwards. Both series have yet to be represented in Ultimate even though they are some of the biggest franchises in their respective genres of gaming. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they must have playable characters included. The ideal situation for all of us is that KOS-MOS is confirmed for season 2 and brings the Lloyd and Heihachi mii costumes from smash 4 with her so that all 3 are represented.

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I'm still in the belief that KOS-MOS would be more unique than another swordie/Fighting game character (Lloyd/heihachi.) and trust me, nothing gets the smash community more livid than the announcement of more fire emblem characters. Though I can't help but feel like prioritizing KOS-MOS over Tekken/Tales is a bit backwards. Both series have yet to be represented in Ultimate even though they are some of the biggest franchises in their respective genres of gaming. But that doesn't necessarily mean that they must have playable characters included. The ideal situation for all of us is that KOS-MOS is confirmed for season 2 and brings the Lloyd and Heihachi mii costumes from smash 4 with her so that all 3 are represented.
I mean... Heihachi is in Ultimate lol, Pac-Man taunt. That said I still don't ever expect Heihachi, and yes, Sakurai has gone back on his word before but I believe the Heihachi reasoning was still true, even if the source of that is Sakurai wanting him to use to use the z-axis and cannot get it to work in Smash Bros.

But yeah, I'd prefer KOS-MOS being playable and those two getting their mii costumes back, I also think it makes the most sense as well.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Yeah, I highly doubt that that leak is real.

We've barely had Byleth for about, what, 2 weeks or more? Let's just cool our jets and be patient. They're not speed-developing, after all.
They've been working on it since Terry. Still probably a few months out, but i reckon they're as close to finished as Banjo was at E3 last year.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
There was a GameFAQs post from last year that while incendiary and by a notable anti-KOS-MOS troll, stuck with me:
Can you imagine Sakurai's Kosmos presentation.
"So, where can you play Xenosaga? ...Well, I hope you have an old PS2 somewhere and an ebay account, because you sure aren't going to play those games on any current console you may be in possession of."
This post followed what was pretty much deconfirmation of Xenosaga remasters that would release anytime in the near future, and when you consider that Sakurai places a huge deal of emphasis on a fighter's origin games in their demonstrations (in Terry's, Sakurai even recommends which KoF Switch port he personally thinks newcomers should start with), it would indeed be very strange. If any fighter's games needs a modern way to access them, it needs to be KOS-MOS's whose games simply were never played by Nintendo fans and that applies to every part of the globe. Europe only had the opportunity to play the second game no matter their console affiliation. XSI&II DS was a thing in Japan but didn't sell well at all. Meanwhile, Banjo was a huge part of Nintendo fans' childhoods (including in Japan just to a lesser extent) and enjoys a modern, accessible way to play his games even if not on a Nintendo console. Joker is like a recent version of Cloud in that he had what was likely a total lack of perceived influence on Nintendo fans' lives, but Persona 5 continues to be relevant and again has a modern method of playing it.

A theoretical explanation of Lucas's inclusion would be different for a number of reasons. Lucas makes total sense in Smash in Japan due to Mother 3 being a game from a Nintendo series (one represented in Smash since day one) that sold gangbusters. He's a perfect candidate in the country where Smash is developed, and to western audiences Sakurai could at least emphasize the Mother series as a whole when both America and Europe have had access to 2/3rds of the series for years. In comparison, KOS-MOS is a third-party character from a series which never in any region enjoyed the same success as those of other third-party characters on the roster (for which the bar is much higher compared to first-party characters due to all the negotiation involved), and in an era where so many old games have been re-released even if as barely serviceable ports (see Square's), the entire Xenosaga series in all regions remains enigmatically difficult to obtain.

What I just wrote reaffirms my belief that Sakurai needs to describe KOS-MOS's "legacy" with less Xenosaga and more Monolith Soft. Go into Monolith's history. Show that 20th anniversary poster on their site. Point out her crossover appearances in games more people have played. Mention her infamously low rate of capture in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 where people in the other room then laugh. Basically, do whatever you can to associate her more with Monolith than to a comparatively dead series, and I feel she'll be far more marketable. (And gee, it's not like Monolith is over-represented or something!)

Last edited:

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
I mean... Heihachi is in Ultimate lol, Pac-Man taunt. That said I still don't ever expect Heihachi, and yes, Sakurai has gone back on his word before but I believe the Heihachi reasoning was still true, even if the source of that is Sakurai wanting him to use to use the z-axis and cannot get it to work in Smash Bros.
But yeah, I'd prefer KOS-MOS being playable and those two getting their mii costumes back, I also think it makes the most sense as well.
I completely forgot about the Heihachi easter egg in pac-man's taunt...

Anyways, I came here today to discuss "KOS-MOD". We know DemonSlayer's video is still down, but despite that, there is a video showing off the mod in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryKguYKg_jI&t=110s

as well as this one which is straight up DemonSlayer's original video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN6R9hdfegs&t=11s

You'd think they'd also strike down the first video for showing off gameplay, and the latter's video for literally being the original DS video...yet they haven't...a bit fishy if you ask me...

could this have been an elaborate prank from the trolls all along? it sounds like it when you consider how they often don't cover their tracks very well when they're trying to pose as Nintendo (In this case where they could have taken down one video but leave the others unscathed.) I really hope not, but the fact that DS's original video lives on in another person's channel and BeardBear's gameplay video is still up leads me to believe that this WAS a giant troll. And if this really WAS Nintendo, surely they would take out any videos using KOS-MOD at all.

FYI I have no Idea how copyright takedowns work on YouTube so if i'm wrong someone please correct me on this.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I completely forgot about the Heihachi easter egg in pac-man's taunt...

Anyways, I came here today to discuss "KOS-MOD". We know DemonSlayer's video is still down, but despite that, there is a video showing off the mod in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryKguYKg_jI&t=110s

as well as this one which is straight up DemonSlayer's original video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN6R9hdfegs&t=11s

You'd think they'd also strike down the first video for showing off gameplay, and the latter's video for literally being the original DS video...yet they haven't...a bit fishy if you ask me...

could this have been an elaborate prank from the trolls all along? it sounds like it when you consider how they often don't cover their tracks very well when they're trying to pose as Nintendo (In this case where they could have taken down one video but leave the others unscathed.) I really hope not, but the fact that DS's original video lives on in another person's channel and BeardBear's gameplay video is still up leads me to believe that this WAS a giant troll. And if this really WAS Nintendo, surely they would take out any videos using KOS-MOD at all.

FYI I have no Idea how copyright takedowns work on YouTube so if i'm wrong someone please correct me on this.
Good observation but i'm going to have to really disagree. If it was a hoax by trolls then why is the video STILL down? To my knowledge, fake copyright strikes can easily be tracked. If that's the case then I feel like this is easily another Megalovania situation where Nintendo only took down the original video but not reuploads. Someone can clarify if i'm wrong but that's what I remember. I think the two SMRPG songs that got taken down awhile back also got reuploaded and untouched but then again that channel had a ton of things copyrighted by Nintendo.

We won't know for sure but I find it really weird that KOS-MOD is still down.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
I still guess that it's possible that it simply slipped under the radar till the uptick in KOS-MOS awareness brought it to someones attention.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Chances are 99% it's fake coming from 4chan and like the unholy Grail the unholy Grail said: "Like how the hell does someone already know of not one, not two but THREE F***ING DLC characters already? Not even the top insiders/leakers would say they know that much.". It's fake clear as day. No one should ever put stock into a 4chan leak honestly because that place is a trolls nest.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Lucas makes total sense in Smash in Japan due to Mother 3 being a game from a Nintendo series (one represented in Smash since day one) that sold gangbusters.
Can't let that one slip. The Mother series is far and away the least successful series with playable characters in Smash and Mother 3 sold like 300K copies total. To keep that related to this thread, that's less units sold than Xenosaga 3, a game that was essentially abandoned to die by Namco, and Xenosaga 1 outsells the entire Mother trilogy combined.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Can't let that one slip. The Mother series is far and away the least successful series with playable characters in Smash and Mother 3 sold like 300K copies total. To keep that related to this thread, that's less units sold than Xenosaga 3, a game that was essentially abandoned to die by Namco, and Xenosaga 1 outsells the entire Mother trilogy combined.
You can't denie though that the Mother series has had a huge cultural impact on the RPG genre. Undertale is one of the biggest Indie franchises out there and it borrows heavy influence from the Mother games.

Pringles7745

Smash Rookie
This is all support
1- I support anything xenoblade related
2- Is it just me or is the xenosaga logo the same shape as the conduit from Xeno-1 and Pyra's and Malos' core crystals in Xeno-2
3- I have been in support of KOS-MOS since she was part of one of the original leaks for the base game.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
"Gangbusters" was referring to Mother 3 specifically (I should have had "from a Nintendo series" inside the parentheses since I was simply stressing its first-party status) and that was comparatively speaking. This means it was in the context of Japanese sales for a Japanese-only game (hence "makes total sense in Smash in Japan"), which means Xenosaga's international sales wouldn't be relevant in this case. I'm pretty sure Mother 3 sold better than Xenosaga I in Japan and it definitely sold better than II and III.

EDIT: Mother 3 actually sold closer to 400,000 than 300,000. It sold more in Japan by the end of 2006 (368,000) than Xenosaga III did in all regions (343,000), even if Mother 3 was released a few months prior.

Last edited:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
This is all support
1- I support anything xenoblade related
2- Is it just me or is the xenosaga logo the same shape as the conduit from Xeno-1 and Pyra's and Malos' core crystals in Xeno-2
3- I have been in support of KOS-MOS since she was part of one of the original leaks for the base game.
1- Then we are at one with the battlefield.
2- You catch on quick, boy, these weapons are special!
3- Let's press on, and on, and on!

Seriously though, I'm glad more and more people are recognizing that the Xeno brand and MonolithSoft, in general, need more support. KOS-MOS may be from a dead subseries (let's not kid ourselves, and I love Saga as much as the next guy) but she is Monolith's flagship character. Her legacy alone, in my opinion, earns her this spot on the roster, as her games laid the foundation for all of the incredible work Monolith would go on to do in the following years.

Bakabridget

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bakabridget
Xenosaga 1 sold 450k copies in japan so it beats mother 3 there. Mother 3 might have outsold xenosaga 3 in japan but thats probably because 2 was a disaster and then people didnt want to play 3 since they didnt play 2.

Honestly, I like the characters from xenosaga more than the gameplay. I think it'd be really cool if we did get a remake but it's given the FF7 treatment where it's an action rpg instead of the original. That'd be really cool. Oh and add online play to xenocard.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Xenosaga 1 sold 450k copies in japan so it beats mother 3 there. Mother 3 might have outsold xenosaga 3 in japan but thats probably because 2 was a disaster and then people didnt want to play 3 since they didnt play 2.

Honestly, I like the characters from xenosaga more than the gameplay. I think it'd be really cool if we did get a remake but it's given the FF7 treatment where it's an action rpg instead of the original. That'd be really cool. Oh and add online play to xenocard.
Yeah, the thing with Xenosaga is that you really gotta be into that old school RPG battle system. I grew up playing games with similar systems, like Chrono Cross, so while it doesn't bother me I can see why the Xenosaga games aren't for everyone, especially younger people who mostly play more recent RPGs. God, I feel old discussing this... Anyway, I think Episode I and II, especially, would benefit from an overhauled battle system to make everything a bit faster. Episode III, meanwhile, has aged like fine wine, and really only needs an HD facelift IMO.

Also, it's so funny you brought up the card game because it's something I've largely ignored over the years, but apparently it's really good? It's pretty hard to top Triple Triad IMO, but Xenosaga's card game was mentioned in a PSO stream I was watching the other day and everyone was raving about it. I guess I'll have to give it another shot sometime.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, the thing with Xenosaga is that you really gotta be into that old school RPG battle system. I grew up playing games with similar systems, like Chrono Cross, so while it doesn't bother me I can see why the Xenosaga games aren't for everyone, especially younger people who mostly play more recent RPGs. God, I feel old discussing this... Anyway, I think Episode I and II, especially, would benefit from an overhauled battle system to make everything a bit faster. Episode III, meanwhile, has aged like fine wine, and really only needs an HD facelift IMO.

Also, it's so funny you brought up the card game because it's something I've largely ignored over the years, but apparently it's really good? It's pretty hard to top Triple Triad IMO, but Xenosaga's card game was mentioned in a PSO stream I was watching the other day and everyone was raving about it. I guess I'll have to give it another shot sometime.
I see you mentioned Chrono Cross. CULTURE~
but yeah those kinda games are the kind of rpgs I loved in middle and high school and I guess there’s a sort of generational difference when it comes to games ppl will like

Top Bottom