• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
And while i'm here, what i'm about to say might shock you people, but I actively hope FP5 is one of the deconfirmed characters so Sabi/Vergeben's credibility nosedives. I know this will come off as spiteful, but i"m tired of the leak bullsh*t. Either they will confirm when the character is 100% coming (A la SNK leak.) or they are cryptic and claim they never explicitly said something while still being in the clear. it's getting f*cking annoying

Another thing. Sabi never said ****e about KOS-MOS but now that Zippo is here claiming its not KOS-MOS she pulls up to twitter and says how they are "friends". Now while that could be true, and I don't doubt her, it comes off as piggybacking. Like how the f*ck does that work. you not saying anything for a month just to wait for some other dude to pop up and be like "I haven't disconfirmed KOS-MOS but hey guys you can trust Zippo that did!" 100% piggybacking...Can't she just ask her main source if Zippo is correct?! Can she just come forth and disconfirm her already? :crying: I'm done. So long friends. I let my expectations get the best of me once again. Farewell.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
And while i'm here, what i'm about to say might shock you people, but I actively hope FP5 is one of the deconfirmed characters so Sabi/Vergeben's credibility nosedives. I know this will come off as spiteful, but i"m tired of the leak bullsh*t. Either they will confirm when the character is 100% coming (A la SNK leak.) or they are cryptic and claim they never explicitly said something while still being in the clear. it's getting f*cking annoying

Another thing. Sabi never said ****e about KOS-MOS but now that Zippo is here claiming its not KOS-MOS she pulls up to twitter and says how they are "friends". Now while that could be true, and I don't doubt her, it comes off as piggybacking. Like how the f*ck does that work. you not saying anything for a month just to wait for some other dude to pop up and be like "I haven't disconfirmed KOS-MOS but hey guys you can trust Zippo that did!" can she just come forth and disconfirm her already? :crying: I'm done. So long friends. I let my expectations get the best of me once again. Farewell.
I completely agree with you. I would prefer a giant meteor to come down and crush the credibility of Verge, Sabi, and all the big leakers and insiders so that we will be surprised everytime. I want to be surprise, I wish I didn't know before ahead of time. It use to be like this during the Melee and Brawl days but since Smash 4 almost every character has been leaked. I wish reveals could be kept secret again like in the days of old. I miss unlocking characters in the Smash games, seeing the Challenger Approaching sign knowing or not knowing who's silhouette I'm looking at and not knowing who's in the game at all. I'll never forget the first time me and my sister unlocked Mewtwo in Melee, it's a memory I'll cherish forever.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I completely agree with you. I would prefer a giant meteor to come down and crush the credibility of Verge, Sabi, and all the big leakers and insiders so that we will be surprised everytime. I want to be surprise, I wish I didn't know before ahead of time. It use to be like this during the Melee and Brawl days but since Smash 4 almost every character has been leaked. I wish reveals could be kept secret again like in the days of old. I miss unlocking characters in the Smash games, seeing the Challenger Approaching sign knowing or not knowing who's silhouette I'm looking at and not knowing who's in the game at all. I'll never forget the first time me and my sister unlocked Mewtwo in Melee, it's a memory I'll cherish forever.
Holy crap, you just said what my mentality was before I joined this website.

A part of me hopes that FP5 isn't female because you shouldn't reward an attitude like this.
And what of future DLC?

Last edited by a moderator:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I honestly don't know what to think at the moment. I always go into these events expecting the absolute worst, but I've been in a bright mood as of late. The only fear I have is that I'm having a Hope Spot moment. I really don't need that right now, especially since I've been receiving small acts of kindness and championing moments as of late. Let this be a good sign, please.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
My personal opinion of Sabi and Verge aside, I would assume that Sabi's tweet was less "I am agreeing with this leaker because if they are correct it adds to my reputation" and more "If you trust me and my sources, there is good reason to trust this leaker." So less getting a boost from Zippo and more giving Zippo a boost.

Of course, if you don't trust Sabi, then it doesn't matter who they trust.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Honestly I just want this to be good. If this is someone this'll be nice of a breather from having the reaper's scythe of college over my head. I'm so tired from work already.

Dutch Raikuna

Honestly I just want this to be good. If this is someone this'll be nice of a breather from having the reaper's scythe of college over my head. I'm so tired from work already.
Seeing people liking this while I'm feeling a sense of dread has made me feel a bit better. Not "woohoo likes!" but a sort of more "I feel ya bro." reaction. Let's hope guys for our KOS!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Stopping by to wish you all luck in your favorite robot gal making the cut tomorrow.

Hope for the best for you all.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Hello, so as promised I said I would come back here when a direct was up/character reveal incoming. I haven't read all the missed pages but I will update the support list later so be patient. I realize right now that we are in a tough situation with fighter #5. I've tried my hardest to stay cool about this but quite honestly the speculation really drove me insane enough to just blackout from here after TGA and while it looks like the situation got better, it doesn't seem to have even changed. Once again, the fakest leaks imaginable happened with people saying KOS-MOS is the fighter. I have yet to even track down the culprits of this but I suspect it is some fanbase on this site maybe or gamefaqs that hates her enough to do these sick things. I'm not going to name any names but lots of people on the internet lately make me think that's what happened. Am I saying KOS-MOS is not going to happen? Nope, actually I'm still going to support her forever until she gets in but I wanted to take the time to really show how sick some people can be when it comes to smash brothers. People just take leak speculation far too seriously and hit other people's fanbases where it hurts most. These past couple of weeks i've been away from here was still insane for me. I thought I could have a nicer break but that didn't really happen. Boy, I should have just went off the internet entirely but I still wanted to speculate some stuff. I realize I can be passionate about KOS-MOS so much that I can get angry when people ****e on her for no reason. I fully realize that but with how grueling the Smash fanbase is, it just doesn't even matter how angry I get because nothing can be changed about the way some will see other characters. The newcomer speculation thread over here has some of the worst takes imaginable and yes, I just quit internet life on here after TGA because of that.

Now, let's talk about KOS-MOS's situation as Character #5 or the future. Basically, we had that mod taken down which is still down 5 weeks later. If it was a false flag I think we would have known by now. The problem is though KOS-MOS appears in tons of fake leaks. I saw one saying she would be revealed in a direct this week and while we did get something, it was a Sakurai presents stream instead which significantly reduces the credibility of all those leaks. Moreover, there was a user on twitter named Markomaro who claimed a direct would happen this week which CLEARLY did not happen. Markomaro tweeted about Metroid V, Pikmin 3 switch, Paper mario revival, Metroid prime trilogy HD, some new Nintendo racing game, and he said that the character is from a RPG (unconfirmed until tomorrow) etc. I know that Zippo teased Metroid V (2d), Metroid prime trilogy HD, paper mario on Resetera very recently and his claims about Paper Mario go back a few months too. Of course, Zippo is new to the insider industry and used to be just a smash/Nintendo speculator from what I remember. Recently, he's been verified by moderators at ResetEra and Nintendo has not announced a direct this week. Zippo told us that he would tell us about a direct if he heard something but he heard nothing this week at all. He knew the Pokemon Direct date as early as January 5th and I think that semi makes him credible. Recently, Zippo has taken to smash speculation and confirmed that fighter #5 "definitely isn't KOS-MOS" and he said not Dante for now either. I pursued him further about KOS-MOS and I even mentioned that I am sad about it but I can still remain for season 2. He mentioned that she could probably happen down the line. I don't know if that means anything so don't get your hopes up at all. Other hints Zippo gave is that the character is Nintendo but kinda not Nintendo. Later that night, Sabi claims Zippo is credible and piggybacks off him (that's what it looked like to me). These past few weeks I have been done listening to Sabi and verge, to be honest. Zippo is more honest but I learned last night that Zippo and Sabi talk and share info. That's a little worrying but I will say that ResetEra takes their insider stuff very seriously. If we assume that Zippo is not credible then wouldn't he risk a perma ban? It's very possible that he was brought into the insider business by moderators or something. Lots of reputable insiders reside over there such as King Zell, Emily Rogers, Natedrake, etc and all are verified. What i'm saying is that if Zippo is to be trusted then don't expect KOS-MOS tomorrow at all. Regardless, I am not going to trust anything until there is 100% proof. Zippo hasn't exactly proven that he has smash information and he was vague like any other insider. We either take it or leave it. For context, Sabi mentioned this on gamefaqs: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78331055/932951296 Therefore, I'm not putting blind trust in Zippo. We know how silent Sabi has been and Vergeben. It could be that Zippo has the same sources. I'm not saying that cause he disconfirmed KOS-MOS but rather i'm saying that as a person that doesn't trust Sabi one bit. They've been faking info for months and it is obvious.

Here is where Zippo gave me hope about KOS-MOS still. I CAN'T STRESS ENOUGH that I was really down about it so he could be giving me false hope. And yeah it's no secret that I am on Resetera I guess.

But since I haven't been here in awhile I dont really know where people stand on KOS-MOS. But i'm glad to see the thread has moved without me! However, I received notifications on discord that this thread was being trolled by burner accounts and honestly I wouldn't even be shocked if some of that hatebase is coming from here or gamefaqs. I'm certain those people know who they are and I don't have to name names. I just want to say it is incredibly sad to devote your time to pissing off another fanbase but hey that's just what I believe. By the way, the KOS-MOS discord got a little bit more active lately and we could still use a lot more members. If you haven't gotten the chance to join then it might be a good idea to get on that! It is also easier for me to communicate with people if i'm busy.

Tomorrow is reveal day and whatever happens will in fact happen. It has been a pretty long grueling 4 months for this reveal but if you guys go in expecting KOS-MOS you are probably going to be very disappointed. Think about after tomorrow as a breath of fresh air to start supporting KOS-MOS again if she doesn't happen. Assuming the second pass/season 2 will not be finalized tomorrow, it will be very nice to start supporting her for season 2 again.

I totally get why Zippo coming out of the blue to disconfirm KOS-MOS is nerve wrecking. We could have went into the reveal at least expecting her to be revealed especially given the silence of everyone on her but I think this is a good thing. At least we won't be disappointed when she doesn't show up. There's also the possibility that sources are all getting fake info as well because of the security of the reveal. I'm not going to rule it out until Zippo is actually right with his hint tomorrow though. During the reveal, we should all prepare ourselves for the inevitable characters becoming mii costumes. I'm not saying KOS-MOS will be a mii costume but just remember that Nintendo took down that mod 5 weeks ago and if she's not a character there's always a chance it could be bad like getting a mii costume. Moreover, KOS-MOS leaks have got a few things right and stuff may actually be happening from them. It is possible there could be a mixup about her and she's in the future fighter pass but I doubt it. Even with Zippo telling me she's possible (maybe) down the line I feel like it changes nothing. What I really want is to support KOS-MOS again for season 2 if she's not revealed tomorrow.
And just for a morale boost for the thread, keep your heads up high all of you. I am thankful to have this thread to talk about KOS-MOS with you all and I believe we are strong enough to push KOS-MOS for season 2. She probably has been without a doubt noticed with all the fake leaks about her if anything. Fake leaks can be a good thing sometimes. I hope you have all been well and we will get back right here speculating once fighter #5 is done of course unless KOS-MOS is a spirit or mii costume.

I'm going in with extremely low expectations and I am expecting someone as little as Euden from Draglia lost. Think about it... he fits the situation about Nintendo but not really Nintendo. I know he's 1st party but he still is developed by cygames and Nintendo is the only reason draglia lost is popular. Personally, i'd really hate if it was him but i'm used to being let down right now. Remember how I wanted Fiora, Elma, Jill? All of those got the worst fate. Any Xeno rep is a spirit right now except KOS-MOS but if KOS-MOS is not #5 then I think her chances are still ok but she will be facing lots of competition once again. People say now or never for KOS-MOS but it all depends if they finalize fighter pass 2 if it even is a fighter pass that is. Right now my predictions for tomorrow are Euden, a disconfirmed character like Arle, possibly a Three houses character (but Zippo did say Edelgard isn't happening because it is not a 100% owned Nintendo character) Whoever it is.... at least we can finally stop this guessing game tomorrow. The past few months have been some of the worst smash speculation has ever had, IMO

ps: the KOS-MOS for smash twitter account is getting some more hits. Might be a good idea to promote it more for season 2: https://twitter.com/kosmosforsmash?lang=en

Blackthorne

Smash Cadet
Dropping in one last time before tomorrow happens (though I'll still be on KOScord if anyone wants to chat)

At this point, I'm scared but hopeful. I've compiled a list of around 15 characters I'd be content with just in case, but this whole ordeal is starting to stress me out just a tiny bit. However, I'm not giving up until it's completely over. As usual, good luck everyone, and here's to our girl getting in!

Also, well said, Dinah. Thank you for starting this all.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Guess I've got a lot of reading to do later on. I'll be back in a while. I've got some stuff to take care of behind the scenes. If I'm asleep by then, I wish us all the best of luck.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Dropping in one last time before tomorrow happens (though I'll still be on KOScord if anyone wants to chat)

At this point, I'm scared but hopeful. I've compiled a list of around 15 characters I'd be content with just in case, but this whole ordeal is starting to stress me out just a tiny bit. However, I'm not giving up until it's completely over. As usual, good luck everyone, and here's to our girl getting in!

Also, well said, Dinah. Thank you for starting this all.
Oooh, I'm curious to know the 15 characters you're speaking of?

D

Deleted member

For the record, Zippo isn't a leaker and his status is overblown by people like Sabi.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
By the by, I wouldn't mind joining the KOScord, just to gather some thoughts there whenever necessary. If anyone could DM me the invite link, that would be swell.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
By the by, I wouldn't mind joining the KOScord, just to gather some thoughts there whenever necessary. If anyone could DM me the invite link, that would be swell.
For some reason it feels kind of inactive? Maybe i just havent been receiving notifications but I'll send you it if you still want it

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
For some reason it feels kind of inactive? Maybe i just havent been recieving notifications but I'll send you it if you still want it
Yeah it is a bit inactive, considering it only went live last month.

Mayhaps we should contact whoever runs the KOS-MOS for Smash Twitter and have them assist us.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Yeah it is a bit inactive, considering it only went live last month.

Mayhaps we should contact whoever runs the KOS-MOS for Smash Twitter and have them assist us.
Ah that would be great, it's a bit better to talk there then here where I would have to check to see if I got anything.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Good luck tomorrow, everyone. I'm afraid I won't be around for the reveal, am a bit busy atm, so I wanted to get this out now. I'll be checking around afterwards. Also, thanks for posting again Dinah, that was a nice post.

Dutch Raikuna

I'm probably the only one who does it by like four categories. From hell yeah to damn this.

I'll be watching it live of course. I've pushing through on my redoing of work so I'll be up till 7am. Will be up in time for this.

Last edited:

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
Glad to see you back Dinah

I'm still supporting lady Kos-Mos but i'm still sad and pissed over by Namco, they still want more money instead of the fans of the series, My hope is that if Kos-Mos where to be announced for smash people can look more at the Xenosaga series.

Sigh i don't know man its not gonna be her i think, god dammit i really wish harada and Namco to overlook this decision.

https://www.change.org/p/bandai-namco-save-xenosaga-collection

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/communi...Trilogy_for_Global_Release/?asOmppb&newuser=1

Another idea is to message Harada for Kos-Mos for smash! just a idea https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN!!!!

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Glad to see you back Dinah

I'm still supporting lady Kos-Mos but i'm still sad and pissed over by Namco, they still want more money instead of the fans of the series, My hope is that if Kos-Mos where to be announced for smash people can look more at the Xenosaga series.

Sigh i don't know man its not gonna be her i think, god dammit i really wish harada and Namco to overlook this decision.

https://www.change.org/p/bandai-namco-save-xenosaga-collection

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/communi...Trilogy_for_Global_Release/?asOmppb&newuser=1
Even if she isnt fp5, she could still be in post fp. Perhaps not as likely but the possibility still there.
Y'all it isnt the end of the world if Kos-Mos won't be fp5

Last edited:

Super Bario

Smash Cadet
1579145800423.gif
Here’s hoping for the best tomorrow. I know it’s not do or die for KOS-MOS yet, but I really want someone I like on the fighters pass.

Blackthorne

Smash Cadet
In short, the 15 are (in no particular order): KOS-MOS, Saber, Aigis, Reimu, Cyrus, an Octopath Traveler rep (specifically Cyrus), Frisk, Kratos, Tetromino, Doom Slayer, Dante, and Akechi/T-elos as echoes. I expect basically none of these to happen but I'll still hold out nonetheless.

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
Freaking DAMMIT VERGEBEN :( dammit..... there is still season 2 what can we do? if asking harada will just pissed him off then, siiiiiigh this is depressing

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
I find it REALLY sus how he only decides to speak until AFTER Zippo comes forth and disconfirms her...

He promised he'd look into her like a month ago. Whatever. Just know she has my support guys.

Verge and Sabi are dead to me now. they don't say **** until some dude comes out says no. then they follow suit.

Last edited:

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
So, to make sure I understand: Less than half a day from reveal, a purported leaker is effectively informing us they lack any meaningful information... and we care?

I fail to see why someone effectively saying "yeah I got nothing" in such close proximity to a reveal continues to be treated as an authority.

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
So, to make sure I understand: Less than half a day from reveal, a purported leaker is effectively informing us they lack any meaningful information... and we care?

I fail to see why someone effectively saying "yeah I got nothing" in such close proximity to a reveal continues to be treated as an authority.
I get your point but over the years sadly this leakers whatever they say indeed goes what can we do? :(

God again if only Namco can see how Xenosaga is worth to us fans......

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
Once NAMCO's mii costumes don't return there's hope for KOS-MOS post pass, even if she isnt 5 :)

Top Bottom