• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
You'll never know until Sakurai flips the switch.
Ehh, he kinda has, but in a "time heals all wounds" kinda way. People think he backpedals sometimes when that's not true. He gets new ideas and ways of adding these characters he kept a gate in front of. He's promoted characters slowly over time in the same way that newcomers seem to come with fresh, unique mechanics by the series' standards. It's no simpler than, "Hmmm, fourth time's a charm I suppose. I still don't know how I could add this- Ahh, hold on a moment. Maybe... Yes! Okay, I think I know what to do this time!"

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Let's not read too much into pics Sakurai has stated are just for fun. Even pre-launch examples like the purple and yellow chairs did not mean playable Skull Kid, the picture of Marth/Link/Shulk and Rathalos did not mean playable Isaac etc.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

OUR WAIT IS FINALLY OVER.

Will it be KOS-MOS? Arle? Dante? Elma? someone else entirely? We’re about to find out...

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Very likely to be Dante, considering the 16th was mentioned days ago as a date for DMC news. Bit of a bummer considering I'm not a fan, but it's not a bad pick at all. I can definitely see Sakurai adding him.

My real hope for the presentation is post FP5 DLC news.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Very likely to be Dante, considering the 16th was mentioned days ago as a date for DMC news. Bit of a bummer considering I'm not a fan, but it's not a bad pick at all.

My real hope for the direct is post FP5 DLC news.
If both FP5 and post-pass are male I'MMA RIOT.

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
Well damn. My prayers go out to KOS-MOS for FP5. Here's hoping Sabi/Verges silence on her and the mod takedown mean something. PLEASE.

As for who I think it could be besides her, im leaning towards Dante. He seems to be gaining a lot of traction recently what with some voice actor making a potential half joke that he's coming to smash and supposed "special" content coming to DMC3 on switch. He'd make a fine last character for the fighter's pass especially because I've been memeing him to death to my cousin that he's 100% coming to smash. Also capcom straight up told us to look out for DMC related news on several dates including Thursday...

Another character I can't help but shake off my mind is Travis Touchdown. I don't know why, but I feel like he has been in the shadows and he might surprise us all just like that weird ass trailer for NMH3 from the game awards.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
IMO the 3 most likely based on everything I've heard about and speculated up till now: Dante, Master Chief, Dragonborn.

KOS-MOS is still in a decent spot IMO due to Verge explicitly mentioning as not entirely deconfirmed due to complicated ownership, the mod being taken down, Xenosaga tracks being taken down after being up for years untouched and potentially Daisy pic hinting at female Fighter 5 (although again it can be pointless to speculate on photos just for fun).

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I just had a thought. Does anyone here think it's possible for us to not get a full Nintendo Direct next week, but instead a "Mr. Sakurai Presents" livestream where they just reveal and go over Challenger Pack 5 there? I think that would be pretty cool.
Can I just say that I CALLED IT!!! WHOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Is it really? We already know that there's going to be multiple fighters after the fighters pass.
For KOS-MOS anyway. I still have other characters I want to see as fighters who still aren't in yet (or got disconfirmed already) [sadface]

Xenosaga tracks being taken down after being up for years untouched
Wait hang on, what? Did this actually happen? Why wasn't it ever mentioned here before? If true, then that might provide slight merit to her potential inclusion.

Baalikindred

Smash Cadet
I don't think that the tweet about DMC 3 coming to switch has anything to do with smash. The guy talking about it heavily implies that the extra content it will get involves Vergil and not Dante. I think it's likely the date for news he gave out is a coincidence. Even though Vergil is already playable in the special edition of DMC 3, his story mode is evidently unfinished, as he only has one cutscene and simply goes through Dante's levels. He even fights a red pallet-swapped version of himself as a stand-in for Dante. So I think (and hope as a big fan of DMC) that the news teased in the tweet is a proper and fully fleshed-out campaign for Vergil. As for the VA, yeah that could be something. I guess we have to wait and see for that one.

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
Man I'm so excited! Also i peeped that sakurai tweeted in english as well lol.
I'm assuming he tweeted in both English and Japanese because a fighter was never announced on twitter before, which his not a formal setting.
Every other fighter has been revealed in a Direct or Show that catered to said languages. I don't think it's a hint to a western rep - even if it is one.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
So I logged into the thread later than I usually do because of work and there's bombs dropping left and right. Thursday is going to be crazy.

My brain is saying Dante, since there's so much recent evidence pointing to him, but my heart will forever be with KOS-MOS. Despite my monstrous backlog, I started replaying Episode I this week because I've got a good feeling about her chances. Even if she's not Fighter 5, she can always be added down the line so there's no need to panic! Like we always say, hype responsibly. We're in the endgame now... Again.

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
I'm honestly confused as to why people think Dante is 5. I don't think it's happening - DMC news will be on Thursday for sure though.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I'm honestly confused as to why people think Dante is 5. I don't think it's happening - DMC news will be on Thursday for sure though.
To be fair, he's a popular request. Hell, I back him! It's also worth noting that this Direct/Live Stream/what-have-you is 30+ minutes, so it's probably worth contemplating character choices that he'd realistically want to talk about for so long. Even without the DMC news on Thursday, Dante and his series have a truckload of content and trivia to go over in that time frame. Likewise for Reimu >.> <.<

The only way that I can see Kosy taking it is if the presentation is more than just the Fifth Fighter. Like, a tease for the first Post-Pass character or something. He could probably cram in the time in just the right way if he chooses to do it like that. Personally, I want KOS-MOS out of the three here. Dante not showing up now ain't a death sentence for him. If anything, that bolsters his chances for an amazing potential E3 reveal, and if not that either, he's still a strong Pass opener if Pass 2 is a thing. E3 is also the perfect sort of event to announce Reimu if she ends up being playable after all. Dear lord, the possibilities...

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
I'm assuming he tweeted in both English and Japanese because a fighter was never announced on twitter before, which his not a formal setting.
Every other fighter has been revealed in a Direct or Show that catered to said languages. I don't think it's a hint to a western rep - even if it is one.
I didn't think it hinted to a western rep or whatever, I just thought of it as something he rarely does so I pointed it out.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Who is this Zippo and why should we believe him
I don't know him either, but whether they're sincere are not, they seem really chill and nice based on their comments. A refreshing change of pace from all the awfully cocky "leakers" out there.

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
I don't know him either, but whether they're sincere are not, they seem really chill and nice based on their comments. A refreshing change of pace from all the awfully cocky "leakers" out there.
I think I've heard of him in a papagenos vid(could be mistaken and I just heard their name somewhere else) but yeah I agree the cocky and "know it all" leakers are a bit annoying lol

zumaddy

Smash Ace
From what I remember Zippo has a somewhat good track record (don't know in relation to Smash though).

Anyways leaks are probably going to happen not long before the presentation, so I won't be on here until the presentation is over. See you all soon, hopefully we will have some good post-FP DLC info to speculate on :)

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
The chances have increased for Dante so much like WOW, sigh lady kosy idk if we gona see the day she will make it, as long as Namco says Money is more important than the fans.

Sorry guys Our Lady Kos-Mos might not be FP5 also we don't even know if she will have a chance for season 2 at all, like i said content creators most promote her more. If only we can do something to support Xenosaga better ;( having Kos-Mos in smash is the right answer to promote her series but is not enough.

;( Cries........

D

Deleted member

Now now, Lesley like I told you before let's wait until the character is actually revealed first before getting upset! It can still very well be KOS-MOS, Arle or some other female character, don't lose hope. :)

Come on, KOS-MOS!
I am just thinking in advance. I'm preparing for the worst possible outcome and it's better prepared than sorry.

Such a miserable ****load of asinine ****.

#NintendoIsSexist
#UltimateDLCSoMale

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
I`m too wishing that Fighter #5 will be KOS-MOS,Arle,Shantae, or another Female character but that might not be the case Thursday. I`m on the worried train right now.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I am just thinking in advance. I'm preparing for the worst possible outcome and it's better prepared than sorry.

#NintendoIsSexist
#UltimateDLCSoMale
Look, I didn't exactly want to say anything about it but... that line of thinking is a bit toxic and I can't get behind wanting a character simply cause of what's between their legs or the shape and size and differences of their chest. I prefer the prospect of a character being fun to potentially play as in smash or being fun to play as or just generally liking them from their games.

If you count every instance of a playable female, just them, echo, duo, alt, etc. etc. there's 22 of them out of the whole 75/80 and that's honestly a whole lot more impressive and what can be said for most video games that exist. As I said though, I don't care if a character is a guy or girl or anything of that stuff, I just care that in the end whoever it is is fun to play as and someone is happy even if it's not who I specifically wanted.

So... I wouldn't be calling Nintendo 'sexist' or any of that **** or boycott them just because 5 additions to one game are male, more so when it's confirmed we're getting much more than five characters. It's understandable if you do genuinely like her and the prospect of her being playable but I'm gonna be honest it seems like you only care about KOS-MOS' inclusion because she's female and her inclusion would push some sort of gender politics you got going and I am genuinely sorry if I'm wrong on this. It just sounds as foolish as me potentially getting pissed off none of these DLC characters have been robots and I am only supporting KOS-MOS since she's technically a robot (which obviously isn't the case, I'm actually interested in how she'd play and even though I haven't played Xenosaga myself I've liked her from both Project X Zone Games, Namco x Capcom, Xenoblade 2 and the bit of cutscenes I've seen from the Xenosaga games).

Also, at the risk of even sounding the slightest bit sexist, which I hope those reading this will be able to understand that I'm not... if there is one thing us gamers hate the most besides anti-consumer things like loot boxes and EA and Bethesda's existence these days, even if we got our own views and such, its enforcing a political agenda that would ruin the enjoyment of others or ourselves and as I've said I got no problem with female characters or females in general, but hating, boycotting, etc. etc. and pushing it out there a game many like and the people who like those DLC characters regardless of gender just because out of a group of five none was girl is something we're just not gonna like unless you find some of the minority that thinks just because one DLC character was not female an entire game is sexist or an entire company is. If Nintendo was I'm pretty sure the female options for characters in smash would not exist and Metroid would not have ever allowed Samus to be female in the original Metroid and would've been as a male Boba Fett clone, Peach probably would've never gotten her own game among other things. If you're only here for gender politics, the door is right there behind you so you can go.

I don't believe in all the conspiracy theory crap with the symbols and stuff, but if it ain't KOS-MOS I'm not gonna cry and I'll congratulate the fans of whoever it is, those that aren't toxic to others anyways. Female or Male, animal or human, etc. etc.

Do know though, regardless of gender politics and stuff like that, even if by some small percent of happening none of the post-pass characters are girls either... next Smash Game there probably will be some, that can be confirmed as much. In fact, Smash Bros will continue adding in characters regardless of gender, race, species, body and shape, etc. etc. so potentially throwing a fit over a measly five characters in the bigger picture of things is just something I see as extremely childish.

Could've been worded better, but I just had to say this and I'm sorry for any trouble and feelings I hurt writing this and trouble I may be in with the staff because of it but I just felt like it needed to be said. Anyways, that's all I'm getting some sleep now.

Last edited:

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Look, I didn't exactly want to say anything about it but... that line of thinking is a bit toxic and I can't get behind wanting a character simply cause of what's between their legs or the shape and size and differences of their chest. I prefer the prospect of a character being fun to potentially play as in smash or being fun to play as or just generally liking them from their games.

If you count every instance of a playable female, just them, echo, duo, alt, etc. etc. there's 22 of them out of the whole 75/80 and that's honestly a whole lot more impressive and what can be said for most video games that exist. As I said though, I don't care if a character is a guy or girl or anything of that stuff, I just care that in the end whoever it is is fun to play as and someone is happy even if it's not who I specifically wanted.

So... I wouldn't be calling Nintendo 'sexist' or any of that **** or boycott them just because 5 additions to one game are male, more so when it's confirmed we're getting much more than five characters. It's understandable if you do genuinely like her and the prospect of her being playable but I'm gonna be honest it seems like you only care about KOS-MOS' inclusion because she's female and her inclusion would push some sort of gender politics you got going and I am genuinely sorry if I'm wrong on this. It just sounds as foolish as me potentially getting pissed off none of these DLC characters have been robots and I am only supporting KOS-MOS since she's technically a robot (which obviously isn't the case, I'm actually interested in how she'd play and even though I haven't played Xenosaga myself I've liked her from both Project X Zone Games, Namco x Capcom, Xenoblade 2 and the bit of cutscenes I've seen from the Xenosaga games).

Also, at the risk of even sounding the slightest bit sexist, which I hope those reading this will be able to understand that I'm not... if there is one thing us gamers hate the most besides anti-consumer things like loot boxes and EA and Bethesda's existence these days, even if we got our own views and such, its enforcing a political agenda that would ruin the enjoyment of others or ourselves and as I've said I got no problem with female characters or females in general, but hating, boycotting, etc. etc. and pushing it out there a game many like and the people who like those DLC characters regardless of gender just because out of a group of five none was girl is something we're just not gonna like unless you find some of the minority that thinks just because one DLC character was not female an entire game is sexist or an entire company is. If Nintendo was I'm pretty sure the female options for characters in smash would not exist and Metroid would not have ever allowed Samus to be female in the original Metroid and would've been as a male Boba Fett clone, Peach probably would've never gotten her own game among other things. If you're only here for gender politics, the door is right there behind you so you can go.

I don't believe in all the conspiracy theory crap with the symbols and stuff, but if it ain't KOS-MOS I'm not gonna cry and I'll congratulate the fans of whoever it is, those that aren't toxic to others anyways. Female or Male, animal or human, etc. etc.

Do know though, regardless of gender politics and stuff like that, even if by some small percent of happening none of the post-pass characters are girls either... next Smash Game there probably will be some, that can be confirmed as much. In fact, Smash Bros will continue adding in characters regardless of gender, race, species, body and shape, etc. etc. so potentially throwing a fit over a measly five characters in the bigger picture of things is just something I see as extremely childish.

Could've been worded better, but I just had to say this and I'm sorry for any trouble and feelings I hurt writing this and trouble I may be in with the staff because of it but I just felt like it needed to be said. Anyways, that's all I'm getting some sleep now.
I agree with you! Personally I do want a female(not because theres not enough but just seeing a new one is fun) but even if i dont see one its alright

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
That's it... I'm done... I tried with this page and site, but I think I'm just gonna go now. I'll still support KOS-MOS, but if people are gonna keep giving up so easily and acting like spoiled children if they don't get their way, like threatening to boycott if they don't get the character they want, then I'm just done. At least if I'm wrong about KOS-MOS, then I'll go down a true KOS-MOS fan unlike a lot of people on this page who seem to only want her for gender representation. Politics shouldn't matter for a game like Smash Ultimate. See you guys, it was fun while it lasted...

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
Well, since it’s the final day before the presentation, I might as well place my guesses for Fighter #5:

1. Doomslayer
2. Travis Touchdown
3. Namco character (I’m thinking either Yuri or KOS-MOS)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Last edited:

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
Wait, what?! When did this happen?!

Happened on the day of TGAs. Nintendo took down a mod for KOS-MOS over ZSS made by DemonSlayerX8. Many people disregarded the takedown as they either hate KOS-MOS for some reason or felt that since it said it infringed on MK Tour thought that she would instead be coming to that heaping pile of dogsh*t. But it's important to note that they couldn't outright state it was from smash ultimate without giving up the goose. Also, this mod has been a thing since march of last year and only recently did Nintendo think to strike it. I've also heard that xenosaga music tracks have been striked as well. people also said that since the claimant ID was from "NIntendo." and not "Nintendo of America. co ltd." That is in my opinion her most compelling reason she may arrive as future DLC (Maybe not FP5 but perhaps later down the line.) And no, i'm not taking those frauds sabi and verges "sources" into consideration.
Who knows for sure though. We got megaman in dragalia lost so this wouldn't be the first time something bizarre has happened in the mobile scene.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

#NintendoIsSexist
#UltimateDLCSoMale
A part of me hopes that FP5 isn't female because you shouldn't reward an attitude like this.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
A part of me hopes that FP5 isn't female because you shouldn't reward an attitude like this.
True. But just because one person has a over the top opinion that shouldn't mean we should count out the idea of a female being the next character because a lot of us that are neutral to seeing both genders want to see more females get in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom