• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Haha, we think exactly alike and wow you even have an avatar of Elly who just so happens to be my favourite Xenogears character!
Haha, yeah. Elly may possibly be my favorite heroine in overall fiction to be honest. I played Xenogears for the first time around May-ish back, and to be absolutely frank, I was incredibly surprised by what I witnessed.

Let's just say that a long time ago, I used to think that Final Fantasy IX would be my most favorite PSX JRPG classic because I grew up with it, and nothing would dethrone it. Maybe even favorite video game overall if I wanted to go there. Playing Xenogears in my first playthrough easily changed that significantly.

The combat system both in foot and Gears are solid with the awesome deathblows. The characters (Fei Fong Wong is possibly one of the best video game protagonists I've ever met), party members and villains are written excellently well. The soundtrack for the game still holds up imo.

And the story man... everyone speaking about this games story is true. Disc One was magnificent and I'm just almost done the game. I could go on and on about how the story blew my mind the first time I played through it. I would definitely opt for a remake of this classic.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Alright, so I was on Resetera earlier and it's possible that we aren't getting any Namco rep in the base game which means KOS-MOS's chances might be better for dlc since there's no Namco in base game according to this guy.

So if anyone remembers Imran, he's a pretty credible guy and there was this bizarre Tweet back in August https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1027209332490874883 Well, today in fact... he finally clarified his tweet and said "It has nothing to do with Namco" https://www.resetera.com/posts/13739866/

This guy is previously credible for leaking Ridley and also saying that Sakurai's warning about a small amount of newcomers in the base game should be taken seriously here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...s-and-speculation.48978/page-177#post-9422649 Furthermore, Vergeben has said NOTHING regarding any Namco reps which means Imran MIGHT be correct. Either way guys it looks like we are in for a fight once dlc is announced.

What do you guys make of this?

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
KOS-MOS has always been a pipe dream for me, so this news doesn't surprise me. That said, I don't trust any leakers as a general rule and there's always DLC. With the XC2 DLC putting more eyes on her I really think this is the time she could be in, if not base than as a future downloadable character.

I hope so, at least. I have a friend who would explode if it ever happened and I want her to be happy. KOS-MOS was her ballot pick and her dream never-will.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Alright, so I was on Resetera earlier and it's possible that we aren't getting any Namco rep in the base game which means KOS-MOS's chances might be better for dlc since there's no Namco in base game according to this guy.

So if anyone remembers Imran, he's a pretty credible guy and there was this bizarre Tweet back in August https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1027209332490874883 Well, today in fact... he finally clarified his tweet and said "It has nothing to do with Namco" https://www.resetera.com/posts/13739866/

This guy is previously credible for leaking Ridley and also saying that Sakurai's warning about a small amount of newcomers in the base game should be taken seriously here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/su...s-and-speculation.48978/page-177#post-9422649 Furthermore, Vergeben has said NOTHING regarding any Namco reps which means Imran MIGHT be correct. Either way guys it looks like we are in for a fight once dlc is announced.

"Leaking" Ridley makes him credible? LOL No plus, that tweet is just piggy-backing off of leaks that were already known then. Vergeben and that one NeoGAF leak got all that first.

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice

Well, here are the questions this should raise.

1. Who is this Imran, and why is he considered credible?
(From what I can gather, Imran, or Imran Khan, is the chief editor of Game Informer, and a "known industry insider" who at times gets involved in the leak scene. Of course, having reliable information in one area does not in any way correlate to having reliable information in others, and the extent to what he knows is nebulous at best: He knows what Game Informer knows, and anything beyond that is suspect.)
2. If Imran is credible, how much is he considered to know?

A. If you assume Imran knows the entire roster, then his response here would mean, "There is no Bandai-Namco character coming to the roster."
(I personally find it hard to believe that anyone not directly involved in overseeing Smash development is actually aware of the entire roster, given Sakurai is actively taking measures to prevent and police leaks. So while this isn't at all impossible, it is at least improbable.)
B. If you assume Imran knows only some of the roster, then his response here would mean, "For the record, I do not know of any Bandai-Namco characters coming at this time."
(This is what I find to be the more likely scenario. Were this the case, it would mean no Bandai-Namcos have leaked as of yet. Now, this still isn't exactly great news, as it does somewhat reduce the probability that one is coming, but the important part is that this scenario still leaves those odds relatively healthy, rather than entirely null.)
3. Does Imran, or those behind him, stand to gain anything by obfuscating in this area?
(Simply put, do any circumstances exist that would compel Imran to lie? It's possible his sources could come under heat were it discovered their department had a leaker, and that increased talk about Bandai-Namco after that tweet made said source antsy. I don't personally feel this instance is a lie, but it's always important to not simply assume honesty.)
Either way, given the particular phrasing of his post, I wouldn't take this as a death sentence, only a clarification of intent. If his goal was to proclaim that Bandai-Namco characters absolutely will not be happening, his phrasing here would be out of place.

Last edited:

KingofUSA85

Smash Journeyman
Dont know much about the character but I can already tell she would be a much more interesting fighter than Rex and Elma.

She also seems like a very sakurai pick.

Last edited:

NukeA6

Smash Master
Probably pointless to ask, but has anyone reached out to Caitlin Thornburn about KOS-MOS in Smash?
Probably pointless? It's that and desperate. Nobody who is voicing an unrevealed character is gonna spill the beans unless they want to risk getting fired.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Very true, sorry that thought had just been lingering in my head for a while. :p
No problem. I just don't want the Smash Bros fanbase to be reduced to interrogating the entire videogame industry for reveals.

Last edited:

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
I love KOS-MOS!

I really want her to be playable. :sadeyes:
I support.
And with that, we're at 50! Thank you kindly for the support!

Probably pointless to ask, but has anyone reached out to Caitlin Thornburn about KOS-MOS in Smash?
It wouldn't surprise me if someone has, but it's also worth noting that Caitlin Thornburn only voices KOS-MOS in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Let's just say that, on the English side of things, KOS-MOS's voice has been... inconsistent. It's often hard to convince localization teams to pay anything more than the bare minimum to get things dubbed, and that mentality showed itself in the case of Xenosaga as well.

Assuming Nintendo of America is willing to work with union voice actors/actresses this time around, Bridget Hoffman is arguably KOS-MOS's definitive English Voice Actress, lending her voice for Xenosaga Episodes I and III.

KOS-MOS has also been dubbed by Luci Christian in the Xenosaga anime, and Colleen O'Shaughnessey in Episode II. So even if we were to interrogate voice actresses (which we should not, nor should we condone it), this particular case would be particularly fruitless, as it's hard to say exactly who to ask in the first place.

(Personally, Bridget Hoffman is my favorite, with Luci Christian as a close second.)

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I'll ask a better question: would KOS-MOS bring T-Elos with her in any sort of capacity?
Yes, considering if you look at the latest art (The one in my avatar) and you know that T-ELOS was given as a thank you gift blade for finishing Xenoblade 2, it's certainly possible that she will echo KOS-MOS. Why? Well, they appear in Project X Zone 1 and 2 together, they also are opposites of eachother. I wont go into detail without spoiling but T-ELOS was created to be a stronger KOS-MOS and they have very similar attacks and styles. I would say that since they are featured together in the new art from Torna that they are both very important to MonolithSoft and Namco considering Namco was kind enough to allow both in Xenoblade 2. I hope that answers your question well!

As for the VA of KOS-MOS in smash? I would want Bridget Hoffman the most. She's easily my favourite KOS-MOS voice and the only KOS-MOS voice that tells me she's KOS-MOS when she speaks. I really disliked Caitlin's performance in Xenoblade 2 as it was weak and her name isn't pronounced well. I wonder if they ever reached out to Hoffman though....

Here's a video comparing the voices

Also, a little celebration post because we are now at 50+ supporters. Thank you all very much for your help and it may it continue to grow even if she's not in the game. There's always DLC!

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Yes, considering if you look at the latest art (The one in my avatar) and you know that T-ELOS was given as a thank you gift blade for finishing Xenoblade 2, it's certainly possible that she will echo KOS-MOS. Why? Well, they appear in Project X Zone 1 and 2 together, they also are opposites of eachother. I wont go into detail without spoiling but T-ELOS was created to be a stronger KOS-MOS and they have very similar attacks and styles. I would say that since they are featured together in the new art from Torna that they are both very important to MonolithSoft and Namco considering Namco was kind enough to allow both in Xenoblade 2. I hope that answers your question well!

As for the VA of KOS-MOS in smash? I would want Bridget Hoffman the most. She's easily my favourite KOS-MOS voice and the only KOS-MOS voice that tells me she's KOS-MOS when she speaks. I really disliked Caitlin's performance in Xenoblade 2 as it was weak and her name isn't pronounced well. I wonder if they ever reached out to Hoffman though....

Here's a video comparing the voices

Also, a little celebration post because we are now at 50+ supporters. Thank you all very much for your help and it may it continue to grow even if she's not in the game. There's always DLC!

Echo sounds good for T-Elos, would fit along with Dark Samus I think.
Based on the comparisons, yes I'd say Hoffman would be the best fit for KOS-MOS' Smash voice, I just listed Thornburn because she's the most recent one to carry the torch.
Glad to see we hit 50+ supporters! Let's hope our wish is granted someday.

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
I'll ask a better question: would KOS-MOS bring T-Elos with her in any sort of capacity?
Yes.

If you assume KOS-MOS makes it in as a playable fighter, T-elos would be represented in some fashion.

-Echo: She could appear as an echo fighter with slight variations. Change the down throw to resemble Skylla, swap out Dragon Fang for Echidna, and set U-Teneritas as her Final Smash, and she'd be well represented with minimal adjustment.
-Alt: If they decide to not include her as an echo, she'd absolutely be referenced in one of KOS-MOS's alt colors.
-Assist Trophy
-Story Boss
-Stage Element/Hazard

The only circumstance under which T-elos wouldn't at least be referenced with KOS-MOS getting in would be if they were intentionally leaving her open for DLC. KOS-MOS making no reference to T-elos would be somewhat akin to Bayonetta making no reference to Jeanne. It would be incredibly odd.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Another day.... Another KOS-MOS text leak. I swear it's like Christmas with leaks about her lately! It's like we are being told something. Anyway.... I was bored earlier and came up with a crackpot theory. Keep in mind that the following may not be true but it might have "some" merit to it.

Crazy crackpot theory time: The KOS-MOS website music leak was a ruse to throw people off, her symbol is actually real like that one leak said, and she's going to be representing Namco with the Zohar symbol. Yeah, I know Imran had that tweet verified and there's "no namco" but I was just on 4chan and this very interesting "leak" popped up. Perhaps it could be fake but let's take it with a grain of salt either way. This leak says KOS-MOS is in the game but the leak says it does not KNOW the specifics about why she and Bandanna Dee were chosen. He kind of contradicts himself afterwards and says he does know KOS-MOS was a difficult character to develop in the game because of her "moveset" Keep in mind THOUGH that KOS-MOS can use MANY WEAPONS so this can have some truth to it. Sakurai cited Heihachi would be "difficult" even though he is a fist fighter to have in smash but KOS-MOS seems much easier on the moveset side. The problem comes when you consider her Xenoblade 2 design does do things differently. Namely, she uses laser guns instead of gattling guns, she is much more fit for Nintendo in general and loses a lot of her abilities. So my theory is that they were battling on which design to start with and eventually they chose Re but with her other moves from Xenosaga. Also, keep in mind.... this leak refers to her as "Xenosaga" and not Xenoblade. This leads me to believe that she has to have the Zohar symbol.

*erhem* anyway as for Waddle Dee I can honestly see him in the game. He's a popular Kirby character and requested heavily.

It's a text leak so we cant exactly disprove anything. The bit about Square Enix is something Vergeben alluded too as well but Vergeben hasn't said anything on Namco. For now, I'm taking this leak to be more real than the others but I could be wrong.

The leak is here: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/435548843

Interesting points about the leak: Very few newcomers, not just 2 but four and each and every one of them are very plausible. KOS-MOS appears with Waddle dee in these leaks a lot doesn't she? I can easily see him getting in. Also, this guy claims that he doesn't have the info Sakurai would know such as why KOS-MOS was chosen and waddle dee.

Questionable: We are currently in a info drought and the guy only posted this as a fake to give hope there are more than 2 newcomers.

The other questionable thing is that this guy claims to not know much but he knows of models of subspace enemies returning. This strikes me as a Sakurai only thing.... however, he does state he does not "wish to share anymore info on them"

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Another day.... Another KOS-MOS text leak. I swear it's like Christmas with leaks about her lately! It's like we are being told something. Anyway.... I was bored earlier and came up with a crackpot theory. Keep in mind that the following may not be true but it might have "some" merit to it.

Crazy crackpot theory time: The KOS-MOS website music leak was a ruse to throw people off, her symbol is actually real like that one leak said, and she's going to be representing Namco with the Zohar symbol. Yeah, I know Imran had that tweet verified and there's "no namco" but I was just on 4chan and this very interesting "leak" popped up. Perhaps it could be fake but let's take it with a grain of salt either way. This leak says KOS-MOS is in the game but the leak says it does not KNOW the specifics about why she and Bandanna Dee were chosen. He kind of contradicts himself afterwards and says he does know KOS-MOS was a difficult character to develop in the game because of her "moveset" Keep in mind THOUGH that KOS-MOS can use MANY WEAPONS so this can have some truth to it. Sakurai cited Heihachi would be "difficult" even though he is a fist fighter to have in smash but KOS-MOS seems much easier on the moveset side. The problem comes when you consider her Xenoblade 2 design does do things differently. Namely, she uses laser guns instead of gattling guns, she is much more fit for Nintendo in general and loses a lot of her abilities. So my theory is that they were battling on which design to start with and eventually they chose Re but with her other moves from Xenosaga. Also, keep in mind.... this leak refers to her as "Xenosaga" and not Xenoblade. This leads me to believe that she has to have the Zohar symbol.

*erhem* anyway as for Waddle Dee I can honestly see him in the game. He's a popular Kirby character and requested heavily.

It's a text leak so we cant exactly disprove anything. The bit about Square Enix is something Vergeben alluded too as well but Vergeben hasn't said anything on Namco. For now, I'm taking this leak to be more real than the others but I could be wrong.

The leak is here: http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/435548843

Interesting points about the leak: Very few newcomers, not just 2 but four and each and every one of them are very plausible. KOS-MOS appears with Waddle dee in these leaks a lot doesn't she? I can easily see him getting in. Also, this guy claims that he doesn't have the info Sakurai would know such as why KOS-MOS was chosen and waddle dee.

Questionable: We are currently in a info drought and the guy only posted this as a fake to give hope there are more than 2 newcomers.

The other questionable thing is that this guy claims to not know much but he knows of models of subspace enemies returning. This strikes me as a Sakurai only thing.... however, he does state he does not "wish to share anymore info on them"
Well I always treat all text leaks as false until proven true (though there are a couple I'm watching for various reasons) but the wording here is certainly curious. I like that they said they don't know everything and are just feeding some tidbits.

What has me more perplexed is how easy or hard hiding a new Namco rep would be given their direct involvement. Either they're very good at keeping secrets or Imran's statement is accurate. We only have 50 days left so we'll have our answer sooner than later at least.

Extra Thoughts: I love the idea of the Sakugarne of all things being the Mega Man item (for those who don't know it's literally a pogo stick that causes earthquakes), but any leak that doesn't have Shadow on it scares me (though OP said they don't know everything so *shrug*).

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It's so cool to see fake leaks that really go hard in putting detail towards KOS-MOS. I never would have expected there to be such a nice pocket of Kosy fans here and it makes me happy.

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
Well I always treat all text leaks as false until proven true (though there are a couple I'm watching for various reasons) but the wording here is certainly curious. I like that they said they don't know everything and are just feeding some tidbits.

What has me more perplexed is how easy or hard hiding a new Namco rep would be given their direct involvement. Either they're very good at keeping secrets or Imran's statement is accurate. We only have 50 days left so we'll have our answer sooner than later at least..
Specifically in regards to policing leaks: the less people you have to tell, the less loose ends you have to worry about, the easier it is to keep a secret. Sakurai working so closely with Bandai-Namco on this project (going so far as to work in a Bandai-Namco building) would make it much easier to control the spread of information.

It's so cool to see fake leaks that really go hard in putting detail towards KOS-MOS. I never would have expected there to be such a nice pocket of Kosy fans here and it makes me happy.
It has been accomplished. KOS-MOS has become a part of the greater Smash conversation. This is what we wanted, but now that it is here, we can but watch, as the spread is no longer under our control. The sleeper has awakened.

Kos-Mos V1 Brave New World.gif

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Funny that you say that. While going through 4chan's gold mine of leaks (in massive quotes there) the other day I found a text leak from July. While it should be taken as fake (it says Ashley and Shovel Knight made the roster while the Belmonts did not), it did have the interesting tidbit of KOS-MOS having a "dedicated but quiet" fanbase whose voting for her in the ballot coincided with her being added to Xenoblade 2, convincing Bamco and Nintendo to get her in Smash as well. Like I said it probably means nothing but I'll include said text leak for those curious:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Funny that you say that. While going through 4chan's gold mine of leaks (in massive quotes there) the other day I found a text leak from July. While it should be taken as fake (it says Ashley and Shovel Knight made the roster while the Belmonts did not), it did have the interesting tidbit of KOS-MOS having a "dedicated but quiet" fanbase whose voting for her in the ballot coincided with her being added to Xenoblade 2, convincing Bamco and Nintendo to get her in Smash as well. Like I said it probably means nothing but I'll include said text leak for those curious:
My friend voted for KOS-MOS in the ballot so, hey, I can believe it.

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
Well, here's a bit of fun.

Over on Gamefaqs, on the Smash Ultimate message boards, a poll was created with a fairly simple premise: If you could only have one or the other, Geno or KOS-MOS, who would you pick?

Well, one week and 431 Votes later, these are the current results.

chrome_2018-10-23_15-04-31.png

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

Over on Gamefaqs, on the Smash Ultimate message boards, a poll was created with a fairly simple premise: If you could only have one or the other, Geno or KOS-MOS, who would you pick?

View attachment 171389
Ouch but good job for our girl. It’s interesting how her support has slowly grown in recent times.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

View attachment 171389
Yeah, I was absolutely shocked to see that KOS-MOS has overtaken him. I think the support over there for her seems the biggest compared to other communities though I have to admit there are a lot of KOS-MOS haters on there as well so this poll is kinda refreshing to see. I mean, every character has haters but you know!

Ouch but good job for our girl. It’s interesting how her support has slowly grown in recent times.
I mean it's certainly an ouch for Geno. I expected an overwhelming difference considering he's been part of the suggested frontrunners for Ultimate. The poll has been relatively interesting. Sometimes KOS-MOS is winning one day and then Geno another but it's always very close which I find most interesting. I think that gamefaqs loves Xenoblade so that might have had an effect on her votes, personally.

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
Little bit of an update on that poll, as it amuses me.

chrome_2018-10-24_10-32-23.png

Sweet Validation.

Though, that aside, I hear tell of another matter we might discuss?

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Little bit of an update on that poll, as it amuses me.

View attachment 171594

Sweet Validation.

Though, that aside, I hear tell of another matter we might discuss?
Yeah our girl’s chances for base roster have lowered drastically BUT for DLC I’d say they’re much higher. Bandai Namco is still lacking a second rep and by now they know how popular Xenoblade was on top of the collabs Nintendo, Monolith Soft and Bamco have had in recent time. We’ll keep fighting till the end.

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
Yeah our girl’s chances for base roster have lowered drastically BUT for DLC I’d say they’re much higher. Bandai Namco is still lacking a second rep and by now they know how popular Xenoblade was on top of the collabs Nintendo, Monolith Soft and Bamco have had in recent time. We’ll keep fighting till the end.
Hmm... alright.

Kos-Mos Kos-Nope.png

Suppose we're on break for a bit. Not a whole lot to be accomplished while this is circulating. Discussion will be revolving around this leak until such time as it is proven true or false, meaning non-depicted characters will most likely be dismissed off-hand. Of course, everyone is liable to become right and truly sick of the topic in short order -I'd give it another couple days- so be ready for that.

In the meantime... How's everyone holding up?

I for one was pretty confident we'd be getting some Xeno representation -Odd that NO new Xeno content has been revealed thus far, despite the growth of the franchise- and that Shantae might show up to surprise everyone. Ostensibly getting neither is quite the pill to swallow. Isaac being in is nice though, and while I don't personally care much for many of the others, getting all the community dream-picks out of the way would certainly make DLC season quite interesting.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Hmm... alright.

Suppose we're on break for a bit. Not a whole lot to be accomplished while this is circulating. Discussion will be revolving around this leak until such time as it is proven true or false, meaning non-depicted characters will most likely be dismissed off-hand. Of course, everyone is liable to become right and truly sick of the topic in short order -I'd give it another couple days- so be ready for that.

I for one was pretty confident we'd be getting some Xeno representation -Odd that NO new Xeno content has been revealed thus far, despite the growth of the franchise- and that Shantae might show up to surprise everyone. Ostensibly getting neither is quite the pill to swallow. Isaac being in is nice though, and while I don't personally care much for many of the others, getting all the community dream-picks out of the way would certainly make DLC season quite interesting.
Won’t lie I have this small suspicion that neither the Grinch nor Box leaks are right and the final roster will surprise everyone. Probably wishful thinking but something just feels fishy.

As for lack of new Xeno stuff, my guess (assuming Grinch leak is real) is that it wasn’t considered high enough of a priority (as this was before 2 came along with its amazing sales) and Sakurai wanted to focus on fan requests more. The DLC scene however puts us in a much more favourable position now that Xenoblade has proven to be a successful franchise. I also heard something about Bamco and Monolith talking about doing something with Xenosaga but don’t know if that’s true or not.

Even so assuming she misses out on base roster KOS-MOS wouldn’t be a hard sell as DLC, with her increased exposure thanks to Xeno 2. All we can do is hope.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hmm... alright.

Yeah. The fact that there's been virtually NO new Xeno content (no character, no stage, no music etc.) is very suspicious, with only about a month left to go. The only content we've gotten was getting Mecha-Fiora added to Shulk's Final Smash, along with the changes to his Monado Arts. That's essentially the main reason why I haven't given up on KOS-MOS, Elma, or any other Xeno character.

Worst case scenario, if the leaked roster is the final base roster, KOS-MOS would stand a good chance for DLC. Bandai would be the only 3rd party company without multiple reps (kind of ironic since they're developing the game). She would be the most likely Bandai rep (IMO), since she has the closest ties to Nintendo, especially since the developer of Xenosaga is now under Nintendo. I don't think Bandai would have too much of a problem with that, since they allowed her and T-elos in XC2, a game that they weren't developing.

But on the actual characters leaked, I'm only really excited for Shadow. Isaac and Banjo are nice additions, Chorus Kids and Mach Rider are nice touches,
Ken was obvious, and I still don't care about Geno. Good overall, fan-favorite roster, not so much for me personally (in terms of newcomers).

But only time will tell whether or not this leak is real or not (and a Smash Direct would help too :grin:).

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Hmm... alright.

Yeah, I'm just waiting for the death knell on the leak right now and i'm not even very interested in it since we're just going in circles or discussing a sprout, lol. I'm very disappointed in no Xeno representation if this is the final roster. I would have been happy with Elma at least. Some of the characters in the leak are cool though! Mach Rider is that retro rep Sakurai would put in. I dont care much about Geno but I suppose i'd try him out. I'm neutral on Isaac as I haven't played Golden Sun in a very long time. KOS-MOS has it good now though! I'm only assuming that off the possibility that a namco rep wont make base roster and destroy her chances. KOS-MOS as dlc though? I'm ready to support her for that if it comes to it and let's be honest it probably will end up in us moving on to dlc speculation over here. There are a few things that could get her in that I already mentioned. We have her popularity in Xenoblade 2 after Sakurai finalized his picks for ultimate and Sakurai would know how she was marketed as a very large icon in Xeno history. He is more than likely already aware of KOS-MOS because of this. 2) We could still get a Xenosaga HD collection by the time dlc era happens. Lastly, KOS-MOS is the most relevant Namco character in recent years because of her cameo in Xenoblade 2. As already said in the thread, Monolithsoft considers KOS-MOS very important and even T-ELOS now that they have been in artwork together. Lloyd and Heihachi would have worse chances for dlc than KOS-MOS because of this. As far as I'm concerned, if Lloyd or Heihachi dont make the base game then they aren't very relevant anymore. The mii costumes would not be an argument for them as front runners of dlc given they didn't make the base game.

All this being said.... if we want KOS-MOS in dlc... we are going to have to fight hard. This is the most relevant she's ever been and i'm prepared to keep gathering support for her whatever it takes!

Stay strong everyone!

NukeA6

Smash Master
If there is a ballot, I hope it's not limited to one vote (even though it should) because I don't know who to vote for between KOS-MOS and the Doom guy (and yes, his chances are better than they used to be).

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Last edited:

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
I have been seeing some people suggest that KOS MOS is in the image, but just very hard to make out due to her faded colors and the image being blurry. It does look like a character may be there but it is probably clouds or something else

https://www.techradar.com/news/super-smash-bros-ultimate-full-character-roster-may-have-been-leaked

Wouldn't it be funny if the leak was real and that was actually was KOS MOS, it would be a nice surprise since almost no one could see her in the leak
You know, I thought that spot looked weird to me. I hope it is her there as that would be amazing!

NukeA6

Smash Master
I have been seeing some people suggest that KOS MOS is in the image, but just very hard to make out due to her faded colors and the image being blurry. It does look like a character may be there but it is probably clouds or something else

https://www.techradar.com/news/super-smash-bros-ultimate-full-character-roster-may-have-been-leaked

Wouldn't it be funny if the leak was real and that was actually was KOS MOS, it would be a nice surprise since almost no one could see her in the leak
Isn't that supposed to be R.O.B.?

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord

I've studied that spot many times and sadly I'm about 99% certain it's Luigi's Green Missile smoke and a sideways R.O.B. combined with some clouds. Breaks my heart because getting Shadow and KOS-MOS together would have been phenomenal, but as ES. Dinah ES. Dinah said, the fight's not over yet and she still has a great shot as DLC.

Super Bario

Smash Cadet
Definitely a supporter for KOS-MOS. I recently played through the Xenosaga trilogy (thanks to Xenoblade 2) and she’s quickly jumped high on my want list.

Top Bottom