• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
And to keep this relevant to Smash/KOS-MOS there wasn't a "one more thing before we go" reveal of a Pokemon newcomer. Not saying that it couldn't happen in a hypothetical future direct, but it would be odd to do it outside of a Pokemon-centric one. This could be one challenger to KOS-MOS down, but we'll see.
PapaGenos made a video talking about the gaps between Nintendo Directs and Pokemon Directs, so we should see a Nintendo Direct in 4 days at the least, and close to a week at the most. The implications are amazing here.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
PapaGenos made a video talking about the gaps between Nintendo Directs and Pokemon Directs, so we should see a Nintendo Direct in 4 days at the least, and close to a week at the most. The implications are amazing here.
Please don't give me hope, my fellow acquaintance. I want a Direct and I'm getting excited at the theories (and a State of Play but that's not the point.)

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
The Bad News: KOS-MOS is still in speculation limbo like everyone else, and she seems to attract unwanted attention.

The Good News: The Pokémon Direct was actually really great! Now I'm no Arlo, buuut I think a regular Nintendo Direct has some living up to do if it wants to surpass the comfy feelings I got after looking into the Armor and Crown expansions.

Destinylegend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Destinylegend
3DS FC
2122-6400-3417
The Bad News: KOS-MOS is still in speculation limbo like everyone else, and she seems to attract unwanted attention.

The Good News: The Pokémon Direct was actually really great! Now I'm no Arlo, buuut I think a regular Nintendo Direct has some living up to do if it wants to surpass the comfy feelings I got after looking into the Armor and Crown expansions.
Yeah, I really enjoyed what they showed of Armor and Crown, looking forward to the new Pokemon. And to keep it revelant, hoping for KOS-MOS :)

GolisoPower

Smash Master

I agree with you on that. Urshifu and Calyrex look like fun additions, and the fact that 200+ species are returning makes it all the more fun. I'm also quite curious about the new Regis that they showed off.

As for KOS-MOS, well, if PapaGenos is anything to go by, a Nintendo Direct ain't too far off. That means KOS-MOS, as always, still has a fighting chance!

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Eh, I downloaded SWSH off of an ex-friend of mine and I'll probably just download the DLC off of him too and fight for my right to save.

Otherwise I'm still not buying it myself or supporting it. PMD DX though looks interesting.

Also don't wanna put attention to the troll post of which I don't know why they were just warned and the post wasn't removed... but I'm disappointed in the one person who liked it since they're someone I know from the Monokuma Support thread.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Eh, I downloaded SWSH off of an ex-friend of mine and I'll probably just download the DLC off of him too and fight for my right to save.

Otherwise I'm still not buying it myself or supporting it. PMD DX though looks interesting.

Also don't wanna put attention to the troll post of which I don't know why they were just warned and the post wasn't removed... but I'm disappointed in the one person who liked it since they're someone I know from the Monokuma Support thread.
As a verified owner of Sword, I just have to say... it's fun. It's far from perfect, it deserves its criticisms, and it's totally justified not to want the games for all the controversies behind them... but they're fun. Like it well enough that it's keeping me pre-occupied from this long drag of speculation we're in. I certainly want more out of this though, and the news sounds like a neat treat.

Makes you wonder if Nintendo's next Direct has some hype announcements in store for us. Could you imagine SwSh winning back the crowd and our fifth DLC Fighter announcement somehow manages to disappoint everyone? Wew, that'd be something, eh?

Renmazuo

Smash Cadet
Disappointed? That user ****s on Kosmos literally every chance he gets. If anything I'm surprised he didn't leave his own ****post as well but I suspect he may have accumulated too many warnings from trying to start drama on the Geno thread.

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
I just had a thought. Does anyone here think it's possible for us to not get a full Nintendo Direct next week, but instead a "Mr. Sakurai Presents" livestream where they just reveal and go over Challenger Pack 5 there? I think that would be pretty cool.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just had a thought. Does anyone here think it's possible for us to not get a full Nintendo Direct next week, but instead a "Mr. Sakurai Presents" livestream where they just reveal and go over Challenger Pack 5 there? I think that would be pretty cool.
like they did with the Robin/Lucina reveal?

...doubt it. feel like that was a one time deal only really

D

Deleted member

Mornin' guys!

Here's to an actual Nintendo Direct coming next week!

TDDolphin

Smash Ace
like they did with the Robin/Lucina reveal?

...doubt it. feel like that was a one time deal only really
I was thinking more like what he did with Hero, Banjo and Terry, just that they reveal who Challenger 5 is on top of showing off their gameplay, stage, songs, Mii Fighter Pack and the newest Amiibo in the same presentation.

Last edited:

klutzystanaccount

Banned via Warnings

GOOD MOOOOOOOORNING /v/! Just wanted to remind you that we’re another day closer to Floyd Irving (yes, THE Flop Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia) getting confirmed in Smash Ultimate! Make sure to save your tears for the upcoming Fighter Pass when Floyd tempests into the spotlight!

>H-HAH! KOS-MOS HAS BEEN LEAKED BY JOHN GAMEXPLAIN! NINTENDO TOOK DOWN THE MOD WITH KOS-MOS! KOS-MOS BTFOS FLOYD!
“No!”

Yikes! That’s a large assumption. How can one “questionable” prediction instantly invalidate a history of success? Unlike your “John Gamexplain” KOS-MORONS, Floyd has earned Sakurai’s support. Ever heard of the interview where Sakurai said it would have to be him, and how the Tales team begged him to put Floyd in at some point? And while you’re busy obsessing over a fake mod takedown, care to explain how Floyd got a Mii costume in smash 4, exactly like King K. Rool? Seems a bit suspicious if you ask me, but feel free to continue your denial. Your tears of disappointment will be all the more sweeter!

Ah, Mary, or some say KOS-MOS. Do you hear our baseless speculation? No, we will not abandon the echo chambers. No one can disillusion us, no one can stop our wanton lust now! As you once did for the smashless TGA, grant us delusions, grant us delusions. Plant delusions in our brains, to cleanse our grounded realism.
GOOD MOOOOOOOORNING SmashBoards! Just wanted to remind you that we’re another day closer to Klutzy (yes, THE Klutzy from THE Club Penguin) getting confirmed in Smash Ultimate! Make sure to save your tears for the upcoming Fighter Pass when Klutzy walks into the spotlight!

>”B-BUT MUH KOS-MOS
MUH TOY AND MUH COPYRIGHT!!!!!!”
“No!”

Yikes! That’s a large assumption! Do we not remember that the CHAD Vergeben said no Namco? Unlike your “John Gamexplain”, VERGEBEN has been the most consistent Smash leaker by far! Also KOS-MORONS, Klutzy has earned the support of nearly every 2000s kid! And while you’re busy obsessing over a fake mod takedown, care to explain how Club Penguin will always be more ICONIC than Xenosaga will ever be? You can’t, but feel free to continue your denial. Your tears of disappointment will be all the more sweeter!

Dutch Raikuna

GOOD MOOOOOOOORNING SmashBoards! Just wanted to remind you that we’re another day closer to Klutzy (yes, THE Klutzy from THE Club Penguin) getting confirmed in Smash Ultimate! Make sure to save your tears for the upcoming Fighter Pass when Klutzy walks into the spotlight!
I want you to act like that outside the computer with the trolling behaviour. Go into a random place and act like that with the shouting, the hahas and the whole pickle. See the consequences of acting like that outside of the computer. Keep going like that and you'll get kicked out.
I send apologies for the off topic but I can't stand stuff like this on forums.

Edit: Found out about the Ignore button. Never mind this.

And as always, KOS-MOS for Smash.

Last edited:

Destinylegend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Destinylegend
3DS FC
2122-6400-3417
Second verse, same as the first meaning.

In an attempt at staying on topic, if KOS-MOS did get in Smash what would you think Kirby KOS-MOS would look like? My guess would be her hair and headgear.
I could see that, would make a lot of sense to me, I was thinking the same actually.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Disappointed? That user ****s on Kosmos literally every chance he gets. If anything I'm surprised he didn't leave his own ****post as well but I suspect he may have accumulated too many warnings from trying to start drama on the Geno thread.
Honestly I've just never seen him act like that until now since they're usually well-mannered in the Monokuma thread.

As a verified owner of Sword, I just have to say... it's fun. It's far from perfect, it deserves its criticisms, and it's totally justified not to want the games for all the controversies behind them... but they're fun. Like it well enough that it's keeping me pre-occupied from this long drag of speculation we're in. I certainly want more out of this though, and the news sounds like a neat treat.

Makes you wonder if Nintendo's next Direct has some hype announcements in store for us. Could you imagine SwSh winning back the crowd and our fifth DLC Fighter announcement somehow manages to disappoint everyone? Wew, that'd be something, eh?
Fair, other people can enjoy them and play them, I just have my problems with SWSH. Especially now kinda since while I am glad more pokemon that were confirmed to not coming back even with home are now, BUT... kinda making me think "Why don't you just release the rest for free too?" At least the rest of Gen 1 if we still don't have all of that Gen with all its stuff already done and ready thanks to Let's Go.

Second verse, same as the first.

In an attempt at staying on topic, if KOS-MOS did get in Smash what would you think Kirby KOS-MOS would look like? My guess would be her hair and headgear.
Probably this tbh, I think everyone thought it would be her hair and whatever headgear she has, depends on which Version is the default costume.

Dutch Raikuna

And the eye colour as well I think.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The hair and headgear on Kirby would look cute and awesome.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
BUT... kinda making me think "Why don't you just release the rest for free too?" At least the rest of Gen 1 if we still don't have all of that Gen with all its stuff already done and ready thanks to Let's Go.
I mean, if it’s any consolation, you can actively trade for Pokemon that are part of the Isle of Armor Dex and the Crowned Tundra Dex without purchasing the Expansion Pass, so in a sense, they are being released for free. Unless you’re not the kind of guy who’s into using trades.

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I mean, if it’s any consolation, you can actively trade for Pokemon that are part of the Isle of Armor Dex and the Crowned Tundra Dex without purchasing the Expansion Pass, so in a sense, they are being released for free. Unless you’re not the kind of guy who’s into using trades.
Oh I know, though I do find it difficult to trade with random strangers as communicating is rather... difficult, in my experience anyways, But what I mean is adding the rest of the still missing Pokemon after this next 200 that is once again a mix of old and new for free still (through trading anyways) since they are going back on that "We aren't going to add any missing pokemon in DLC or updates" statement a long time ago already so I see why not. (Also yes, I know about Home but some of the pokemon they showed off in the direct were going to be impossible to get into SWSH Base Game and Via Home).

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Today is my b-day and for my Smash wish I want KOS-MOS, 2B, Arle or some other female to be FP5, but KOS-MOS is the top for me. :)
Happy belated birthday! :seuss:

I want you to act like that outside the computer with the trolling behaviour. Go into a random place and act like that with the shouting, the hahas and the whole pickle. See the consequences of acting like that outside of the computer. Keep going like that and you'll get kicked out.
I send apologies for the off topic but I can't stand stuff like this on forums.

Edit: Found out about the Ignore button. Never mind this.

And as always, KOS-MOS for Smash.
Isn't the ignore button the most beautiful thing you have ever seen on this site? :grin:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Bumping this up just for kicks, but we're still quite near with the Direct...

D

Deleted member

Playing keep up with the thread to continue momentum?
I still don't know about the Direct when. My bet is the transition to February week now.
Maybe Lady Fate doesn't want me to watch it because I'll be at school during that time.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
The Good News: The Pokémon Direct was actually really great! Now I'm no Arlo, buuut I think a regular Nintendo Direct has some living up to do if it wants to surpass the comfy feelings I got after looking into the Armor and Crown expansions
I quite enjoyed the pokemon direct too, it was great having a demo for mystery dungeon so I can get a feel for the game(so far it's really cute.) Also bruh my friends and I couldn't stop laughing at how the direct got cut off at the end so abruptly and how it seemed like it looped at some parts(tbh I feel like this has happened to me quite a bit with youtube livestreams despite the fact)

Destinylegend

Smash Cadet
NNID
Destinylegend
3DS FC
2122-6400-3417
I quite enjoyed the pokemon direct too, it was great having a demo for mystery dungeon so I can get a feel for the game(so far it's really cute.) Also bruh my friends and I couldn't stop laughing at how the direct got cut off at the end so abruptly and how it seemed like it looped at some parts(tbh I feel like this has happened to me quite a bit with youtube livestreams despite the fact)
I didn't get the loop or abrupt cut-off, wonder if it was a difference between Twitch and YouTube, so I was confused when I saw reactions on YouTube, lol, but yeah, really liking what I saw, still haven't tried the demo yet.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Anyone seen the new PapaGenos video about Pic of the Day Theory?

Our gal could be hinted at here with the flowers, but I wouldn't put that much stock into any of these photos at hinting at a character. We always got to remember about the Rathalos picture because at the time people thought it was hinting towards Isaac and it actually wasn't.

Last edited:

Natlo

Smash Cadet
Anyone seen the new PapaGenos video about Pic of the Day Theory?

Our gal could be hinted at here with the flowers, but I wouldn't put that much stock into any of these photos at hinting at a character. We always got to remember about the Rathalos picture because at the time people thought it was hinting towards Isaac and it actually wasn't.
Assuming that flower is already an in game asset, I wouldn't treat it as particularly relevant. Likely Sakurai just chose a random pretty flower.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
Last edited:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I don't put much stock into what PapaGenos (or any other leaker) has to say, but he makes a very good point that the pics of the day Sakurai shares are often intended for internal and developmental purposes as opposed to straight-up marketing for the game. There's a very good chance that these could mean nothing and are just in-jokes for the Ultimate dev staff. Whether or not this applies to his other social media posts, like the mysterious anniversary pictures, is anyone's guess though. Either way, I would say KOS-MOS is still just as likely as any other character at this point.

Last edited:

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I don't put much stock into what PapaGenos (or any other leaker) has to say, but he makes a very good point that the pics of the day Sakurai shares are often intended for internal and developmental purposes as opposed to straight-up marketing for the game. There's a very good chance that these could mean nothing and are just in-jokes for the Ultimate dev staff. Whether or not this applies to his other social media posts, like the mysterious anniversary pictures, is anyone's guess though. Either way, I would say KOS-MOS is still just as likely as any other character at this point.
Actually, they're more likely to mean nothing than actually be "clues".

The idea that Sakurai has been hiding clues in random screenshots has been suggested constantly throughout Smash history. We had an instance of it in Ultimate back in 2018 with Isaac supporters thinking the Rathalos screenshot in the Assist Trophy section of the official website was a clue that Isaac would be playable. The oldest one I can think of was the "villains in the sky" theory from all the way back during Brawl speculation, where people swore they could see the faces of several characters (the most notable being Ridley, who hadn't been disconfirmed at that point) in the sky of a screenshot of a Subspace Emissary cutscene.

Fact of the matter is, there's not much valid reason to take stock in any theories of this nature. They more or less have zero% success rate. The closest thing I can think of to any screenshots actually being a "newcomer clue" was the Palutena statue from Palutena's Temple in SSB4 being a Pic of the Day, and even that's a stretch, since it was months before her actual reveal and was a lot more on the nose than something like "OH MY GOD THAT SCREENSHOT LOOKS VAGUELY LIKE SOMETHING FROM DEVIL MAY CRY AND THERE'S FLOWERS IN THAT ONE, DANTE AND KOS-MOS CONFIRMED!!!1111".

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
The screenshots themselves have all been Sakurai's wonderful ****posts. OK, maybe not just Sakurai himself, but the crew's general sense of humor and crew mates occasionally spitballing funny ideas for images that Sakurai approves. In fact, I'm going to make that a new head-canon right now: Whoever makes Sakurai laugh the hardest for that day gets to see their screenshot posted up on his twitter.

D

Deleted member

Ah...taking in too much details. This is why I'm iffy of this community.

Top Bottom