• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

D

Deleted member

We have yet to see a case where an older character was added after a newblood, but there is no reason for the veteran to assume the newblood's logo.
Perhaps the same could be said of a possible SMT rep now that Persona got repped first.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This reminds me of how almost all the mario characters have blue eyes and theres almost no other eye color used. It's almost as if they don't exist lol.
I never notice until you said it but you're right, literally almost every Mario character has blue eyes lol!

Just wondering.
If KOS-MOS is FP5, will she have the same logo as Shulk?
Both Xeno series, but not both XenoBLADE.
KOS-MOS and the Xenosega brand are owned by Namco so she will have the Xenosega logo, not the Xenoblade logo.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I know we’ve discredited him already but oh my GOD this is so ridiculous I had to show it:
There was a problem fetching the tweet
THAT’S NOT A MECH “FORM”! THAT’S A MECH SUIT SHE CAN PILOT!

Plus if anything it would be Elma that can use a Skell in a potential Final Smash

... aaaand I’m done here.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I was watching a video from LaxChris regarding Jill. Would had mentioned it but I know how you guys are with him and Blocked Content...

andree123

Smash Ace
I know we’ve discredited him already but oh my GOD this is so ridiculous I had to show it:

Plus if anything it would be Elma that can use a Skell in a potential Final Smash

The pose of Sakurai's toy is similar to Dark Samus's pose used in the official diorama.

Zebulun

Smash Rookie

Lol, and that's not even KOS-MOS's ES. The pic is of ES Asher, which is used by chaos and Jr. (and Canaan some years ago). KOS-MOS has zero connection to it.

Baalikindred

Smash Cadet
So i'm curious about a few things. First, i'm wondering at when people think nintendo will announce a direct. Secondly, for people who played xenosaga, what do you think of Albedo's character? He's honestly one of my favorite villians in video games so i'm curious what other people think of him.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
So i'm curious about a few things. First, i'm wondering at when people think nintendo will announce a direct. Secondly, for people who played xenosaga, what do you think of Albedo's character? He's honestly one of my favorite villians in video games so i'm curious what other people think of him.
Seeming as the last time we got a normal direct that wasn't specialized or a mini one in January was about... 5 years ago, maybe. Last time we had a direct in January though of any kind was I think 2-3 years ago with a mini direct.

Could be this month but seeming as they have till the end of February.... I feel like they'll take most of the development time they can get for fighter 5, 6, and 7 since I do believe that 3 characters at a time cycle is true, makes sense to me. So with that I think we might see a direct next month rather than this month at a high chance. That or we get a direct this month and then a Smash Direct the month after to cover Fighter #5 and show off a sneak-peak for Fighter #6 and give details for Fighter Pass #2. Though I do see a small possibility they pull what they initially did with Joker and just show off their back or a small clip from their reveal trailer like Terry in a potential January direct if we do get a normal one this month and a smash direct next month. Though I know a lot of people were pissed off when they showed just Joker's back and nothing else so I don't think they're going to do that and why we've been getting showcases of them the day of their release (or at least a day before their release anyways). So... I think there's a high chance Fighter 5 will be revealed and released next month with a Smash Direct due to wanting to get all the pre-release work on them they can get done, possibly pull a Joker if we are getting a normal direct in January, then Fighter 6 will potentially get a sneak peak in that Smash Direct alongside Fighter Pass #2 getting its details announced, how many characters we're getting, the content, if we can expect some new or returning modes still. (I say that last part since I believe Sakurai said we wouldn't be getting any with every release now, not that we're not getting anymore in general... which I kinda doubt if I am mis-remembering and its the latter due to data-mining consistently finding new work for that new online mode that I forget its name).

Last edited:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Well... we got a Pokemon Direct coming on Thursday. Not what I had in mind when I made that prediction last week, but okay. Lol :laugh:
I'm of two minds with this news. On the one hand, this likely frees up time in the next proper Direct since all of the Pokemon news will be covered here. But it also means that said Direct likely won't be happening later in the month, or perhaps not even until February. The wait continues...

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Sounds like FP5 (whoever it is), is gonna be as close to amiibo release as Hero if we are getting a new Direct a week after this Pokemon Direct. For context, Pokemon Trainer, Pichu, and Isabelle were released 7/26/19 while Hero was released 4 days after. So if a new Direct was coming out exactly 1 week after, then that means Dark Samus and Richter will be released just days before FP5 or exactly on the same day as FP5.

Good fecking gravy, this is getting me excited! Fighter 5 is so close, I can feel it!

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I don't recall ever getting two Directs in one month, at least in the last 5 years. I could be wrong, but the fact that 2019 had a similar formula set up doesn't help matters in the slightest. The last general Direct we had early in a year was in February, so I wouldn't be surprised if we get our character literally on the day of their announcement, as opposed to the Joker tease which existed for different reasons.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
I don't recall ever getting two Directs in one month, at least in the last 5 years. I could be wrong, but the fact that 2019 had a similar formula set up doesn't help matters in the slightest. The last general Direct we had early in a year was in February, so I wouldn't be surprised if we get our character literally on the day of their announcement, as opposed to the Joker tease which existed for different reasons.
We actually had two this past February. A general Direct on the 13th, and then a Pokémon Direct on the 27th.

I’m still holding out hope for a general Direct next week. Would be the perfect birthday present for me if it lands on the 16th.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I can see FP5 revealed next week but being available for download in early February

Grotesque Floyd

Smash Rookie
User was warned for this post

GOOD MOOOOOOOORNING /v/! Just wanted to remind you that we’re another day closer to Floyd Irving (yes, THE Flop Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia) getting confirmed in Smash Ultimate! Make sure to save your tears for the upcoming Fighter Pass when Floyd tempests into the spotlight!

>H-HAH! KOS-MOS HAS BEEN LEAKED BY JOHN GAMEXPLAIN! NINTENDO TOOK DOWN THE MOD WITH KOS-MOS! KOS-MOS BTFOS FLOYD!
“No!”

Yikes! That’s a large assumption. How can one “questionable” prediction instantly invalidate a history of success? Unlike your “John Gamexplain” KOS-MORONS, Floyd has earned Sakurai’s support. Ever heard of the interview where Sakurai said it would have to be him, and how the Tales team begged him to put Floyd in at some point? And while you’re busy obsessing over a fake mod takedown, care to explain how Floyd got a Mii costume in smash 4, exactly like King K. Rool? Seems a bit suspicious if you ask me, but feel free to continue your denial. Your tears of disappointment will be all the more sweeter!

Ah, Mary, or some say KOS-MOS. Do you hear our baseless speculation? No, we will not abandon the echo chambers. No one can disillusion us, no one can stop our wanton lust now! As you once did for the smashless TGA, grant us delusions, grant us delusions. Plant delusions in our brains, to cleanse our grounded realism.

D

Deleted member

GOOD MOOOOOOOORNING /v/! Just wanted to remind you that we’re another day closer to Floyd Irving (yes, THE Flop Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia) getting confirmed in Smash Ultimate! Make sure to save your tears for the upcoming Fighter Pass when Floyd tempests into the spotlight!

>H-HAH! KOS-MOS HAS BEEN LEAKED BY JOHN GAMEXPLAIN! NINTENDO TOOK DOWN THE MOD WITH KOS-MOS! KOS-MOS BTFOS FLOYD!
“No!”

Yikes! That’s a large assumption. How can one “questionable” prediction instantly invalidate a history of success? Unlike your “John Gamexplain” KOS-MORONS, Floyd has earned Sakurai’s support. Ever heard of the interview where Sakurai said it would have to be him, and how the Tales team begged him to put Floyd in at some point? And while you’re busy obsessing over a fake mod takedown, care to explain how Floyd got a Mii costume in smash 4, exactly like King K. Rool? Seems a bit suspicious if you ask me, but feel free to continue your denial. Your tears of disappointment will be all the more sweeter!

Ah, Mary, or some say KOS-MOS. Do you hear our baseless speculation? No, we will not abandon the echo chambers. No one can disillusion us, no one can stop our wanton lust now! As you once did for the smashless TGA, grant us delusions, grant us delusions. Plant delusions in our brains, to cleanse our grounded realism.
Don't pollute this thread with such fruitless ramblings.

Get this guy reported.

Super Bario

Smash Cadet
(Me sees update on the KOS-MOS page)

(only a troll post)

142CADF3-6FAD-438A-8639-996EEC09639D.gif

On a different note, is anyone here going to check out the Pokémon Direct tomorrow?

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160

(only a troll post)

On a different note, is anyone here going to check out the Pokémon Direct tomorrow?
I am.
I love Pokémon. But I HATED Sword and Shield. I hope it's an announcement for a free patch to fix all the bull****.

Super Bario

Smash Cadet
I am.
I love Pokémon. But I HATED Sword and Shield. I hope it's an announcement for a free patch to fix all the bull****.
Yeah, I wasn’t feeling Sword and Shield so I passed on it. I wouldn’t be surprised if they come out and say they’re added other Pokémon tomorrow.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I wasn’t feeling Sword and Shield so I passed on it. I wouldn’t be surprised if they come out and say they’re added other Pokémon tomorrow.
Same.

Had a friend who played Pokemon since Gen 4 and he stuck with ROM Hacks during this era.

Cousin urged me to buy the entire thing but I declined.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Ugly Lloyd is so forced. It's like one guy on gameFAQS who keeps making alt accounts to try and make it a thing.

Pokemon Direct is bumming me out a bit, I overall liked Sword/Shield but it could have been a lot better. Hopefully there's a good spin-off announced, and a general direct not too long afterwards. I really doubt FP5 is getting its very first announcement the month its releasing.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500

(only a troll post)

I am.

What I want to see:
• Kalos add-on for Sword & Shield
• Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game on Switch
• Pokémon Home w/the ability to battle others within the app using stored Pokémon
• Pokémon Snap for Switch

What’ll probably happen:
• Pokémon Home announcement, with a free Gigantamax Poké if you subscribe to the service early
• Pokémon Sleep

To keep this post relevant to KOS-MOS:
• KOS-MOS as the legendary for Pokémon G U N

Last edited:

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
By the way has anyone seen or heard this recent rumor that Travis Touchdown is Fighter 5 this kind of worries me.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
By the way has anyone seen or heard this recent rumor that Travis Touchdown is Fighter 5 this kind of worries me.
It pretty much got deconfirmed as it claimed Pokemon Home would be shown off in a Jan general Nintendo Direct, only for the Pokemon Direct to be revealed a few days later.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Today is my b-day and for my Smash wish I want KOS-MOS, 2B, Arle or some other female to be FP5, but KOS-MOS is the top for me. :)

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Today is my b-day and for my Smash wish I want KOS-MOS, 2B, Arle or some other female to be FP5, but KOS-MOS is the top for me. :)
Happy birthday! In regard to the Pokemon Direct, I'm still meh on Sword/Shield since the DLC seems like content that should have been in the base game. However I am hyped for that Mystery Dungeon remake. That game was my jam back in middle school. And to keep this relevant to Smash/KOS-MOS there wasn't a "one more thing before we go" reveal of a Pokemon newcomer. Not saying that it couldn't happen in a hypothetical future direct, but it would be odd to do it outside of a Pokemon-centric one. This could be one challenger to KOS-MOS down, but we'll see.

Top Bottom