• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
We can't get too negative. For all we know, this could end up being a case of no news is good news. Yes, there isn't a lot of evidence in KOS-MOS' favor, but there also isn't really anything going against her either. I'm just trying to stay positive. I'm more confused than anything after tonight. When the hell are we gonna hear about Fighter 5?
Tbh with you, there isn't evidence for anyone really at the moment. As much as we think theres "evidence" for a character we actually never know who the character is until either someone leaks it, teases heavily, or its straight up shown off to us during a direct or of some sort.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
We can't get too negative. For all we know, this could end up being a case of no news is good news. Yes, there isn't a lot of evidence in KOS-MOS' favor, but there also isn't really anything going against her either. I'm just trying to stay positive. I'm more confused than anything after tonight. When the hell are we gonna hear about Fighter 5?
As stated: January as the current fighter pass is supposed to end by February 2020, whether that's the start or end of February that's up to you.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
This. Sorry for being a depressing **** but I just don't see a reason to be positive anymore. There can be no doubt now that there's a group of mentally-ill weirdos out there hellbent on tarnishing Xenosaga and KOS-MOS for whatever ******** grievance they have. All evidence for her is fabricated as far as I'm concerned. **** the smash fanbase.
Personally, I don't have a problem with the fake leakers teasing KOS-MOS. It's kind of a **** move, but go back and read the thread and count all of the posts of "I actually don't know anything about KOS-MOS or Xenosaga, but I just learned about her from the leaks and looked her up and she's pretty cool, sign me up." The cat leak effectively doubled our support list I'd wager.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Tbh with you, there isn't evidence for anyone really at the moment. As much as we think theres "evidence" for a character we actually never know who the character is until either someone leaks it, teases heavily, or its straight up shown off to us during a direct or of some sort.
This is correct since all the "leaks" were basically saying "at the game awards" only leak I recall ever saying January was the MCC on Switch in a January direct, which looks like it will be happening tbh.

Also dang we have a lot of users and guests watching this tread.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
With all due respect, you're all better off not giving the likes of Sabi OR Vergeben, or even (I'm sorry to say this you're a swell guy and I've seen you for ages all the way back to NSider,) Fatman.

Fatman may not claim to be a leaker/insider, but earlier he raised a rather big ruckus that riled up (and IMO, helped snowball the Geno thread getting closed down) a lot of people about "bad news" coming. If that bad news was just the DLC not showing up at the awards? Then that's pretty damn melodramatic and, sorry to say, pining for attention. Stick to your lanes, and unless you got visual stuff to discuss like the Mallow/Cacodemon Mii "leak", it's not worth the headache and discussion.

You'll spend less time disappointed and more time surprised whenever the team actually does drop the 5th fighter. It's tempting to listen to "leakers" and "insiders", but it's all a big game. And more times than not, we're being played and having our time colossally wasted.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say on that.

As for the awards itself! I thought it was pretty charming. Nothing spectacular, but some of the announcements were neat. The shark game was hilarious, and for a sec I thought we were getting Beaker DLC for the Goose Game for some reason. lol

Best of luck with getting KOS-MOS! At this stage, it's all completely uncertain. Nothing's off the table at this stage.
Love or hate em, they spittin facts.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
To those who are trying to see it, try and take a honest positive spin and not give up, wish I had that. It'll get you far.

zferolie

Smash Hero
With all due respect, you're all better off not giving the likes of Sabi OR Vergeben, or even (I'm sorry to say this you're a swell guy and I've seen you for ages all the way back to NSider,) Fatman.

Fatman may not claim to be a leaker/insider, but earlier he raised a rather big ruckus that riled up (and IMO, helped snowball the Geno thread getting closed down) a lot of people about "bad news" coming. If that bad news was just the DLC not showing up at the awards? Then that's pretty damn melodramatic and, sorry to say, pining for attention. Stick to your lanes, and unless you got visual stuff to discuss like the Mallow/Cacodemon Mii "leak", it's not worth the headache and discussion.

You'll spend less time disappointed and more time surprised whenever the team actually does drop the 5th fighter. It's tempting to listen to "leakers" and "insiders", but it's all a big game. And more times than not, we're being played and having our time colossally wasted.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say on that.

As for the awards itself! I thought it was pretty charming. Nothing spectacular, but some of the announcements were neat. The shark game was hilarious, and for a sec I thought we were getting Beaker DLC for the Goose Game for some reason. lol

Best of luck with getting KOS-MOS! At this stage, it's all completely uncertain. Nothing's off the table at this stage.
I had no idea the geno thread blew up and got closed.... yikes. what the heck happened?!

The Lightning Python

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3196-3471-4788
This may be just a guess, but It's my thoughts on the leak.
It "specifically" said not all the games listed on their are reveals for TGA. Horizon Zero Dawn and Kingdom Hearts III Re: Mind got announced, but where not at TGA. I actually didn't think that KOS-MOS' reveal wouldn't be the type to show there, but in a regular direct instead.
I can agree that the 2019 Game Awards was generic. But still, I have my high hopes for her to be FP5 soon.

Troykv

Smash Master
So... This thread is going into obscurity now? Oh well... It seems we'll have to wait to January.

Last edited:

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
As stated: January as the current fighter pass is supposed to end by February 2020, whether that's the start or end of February that's up to you.
Very true. Sorry, my mind is very blah after tonight. I was expecting a direct in January anyway but now I'm basically convinced one is coming. We had directs/presentations in January 2017 and 2018. The first direct of 2019 was in February but I'm convinced something behind the scenes caused a delay. Maybe the Metroid Prime 4 restart? Either way we're looking at another month of speculation at least.

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion
I had no idea the geno thread blew up and got closed.... yikes. what the heck happened?!
Waaaay to much. Essentially, drama from those in the know, trolls be trolling, people lashing at the trolls, things got calm...then quickly escalated again annnnd it closed.

Being a guy from that thread, it was rough.

EDIT: Still hoping KOS-MOS is in!

Last edited:

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
So... This thread is going into obscurity now? Oh well... It seems we'll have to wait to January.
Nope not at all, i for one will continue to support Kos-Mos is not the end yet i remain positive :)

I do belive that even if she dose not make it to smash we can still show people the Xenosaga series and that will have some impact on maybe poeple petitioning the HD remastered version anything is possible, again let's not rage and find solutions :), il continue moving forward with the support if need be so for me this thread is not DEAD.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Waaaay to much. Essentially, drama from those in the know, trolls be trolling, people lashing at the trolls, things got calm...then quickly escalated again annnnd it closed.

Being a guy from that thread, it was rough.

EDIT: Still hoping KOS-MOS is in!
We had a troll here too trying to say more stuff happening at the game awards but most here ignored them

AugustusB

Smash Champion
We had a troll here too trying to say more stuff happening at the game awards but most here ignored them
Sadly we had some that just did not want to to ignore them. It also didn't help that their was no mods at the time, but it probably didn't help that (I'd imagine) a lot of reports were made and some trying to keep the peace.

Anyhoo, dropping it. If KOS-MOS had a gimmick what would it be? Would she have something a kin to break?

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Sadly we had some that just did not want to to ignore them. It also didn't help that their was no mods at the time, but it probably didn't help that (I'd imagine) a lot of reports were made and some trying to keep the peace.

Anyhoo, dropping it. If KOS-MOS had a gimmick what would it be? Would she have something a kin to break?
break makes sense. I honestly can only go with what I saw in Chronicals 2 as I yet to play saga... I have the first 2 games but don't want to play till I find the third

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well I am going to sleep, but I'll leave this here. I'll post my responces later, but this should help clear everyones mind.

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
No Smash reveal well that`s a total let down guess it was a good thing that i didn`t watch the awards after all. Looks like we`re going to get a reveal either later this month or next month at best. I haven`t given up hope on KOS-MOS yet she still hasn`t been deconfirmed after all. Keep your chin up everyone.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
It could be possible that next week could have a direct but the last time a December direct happened was in 2015. However there is a low chance of that happening and it is best if we got into the mindset that January is when the reveal is going to transpire.

D

Deleted member

It could be possible that next week could have a direct but the last time a December direct happened was in 2015. However there is a low chance of that happening and it is best if we got into the mindset that January is when the reveal is going to transpire.
What I was thinking of earlier.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
Can I just say how ironic the "KOS-MOS is too niche for a Game Awards reveal"-argument is in hindsight now where the only thing Nintendo has announced tonight was Bravely Default 2?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well given no reveal at the VGA yesterday. I'm honestly incline to believe now FP5 is KOS-MOS. Master Chief's chances I feel has dropped.

Nesysli

Smash Apprentice
Hoping KOS-MOS makes it in for ya'll, cause man does she look cool and would be a lot of fun to play as. I usually stay away from theories but I remember in that Stage Builder Direct in April where they had that green witch stage and my mind immediately thought Banjo-Kazooie. I thought it was tad foolish to believe it might be hint towards them but sure enough it was! With that Daisy picture on the 1-year anniversary I have to wonder...sure her and KOS-MOS are both female but is Daisy the only one with a peace sign pose? I always wondered if whenever FP5 get's revealed if the first character of the next batch would be revealed also. BTW what other things does KOS-MOS have goin for her? Was that cat leak ever debunked?

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Well given no reveal at the VGA yesterday. I'm honestly incline to believe now FP5 is KOS-MOS. Master Chief's chances I feel has dropped.
Yeah, I am having serious doubts now FP5 is a big western character like Master Chief or Dragonborn and also megaton "TGA worthy" character like Sora. Hopefully we get KOS-MOS.

D

Deleted member

On the plus side, this shoots down the "KOSMOS wouldn't be revealed at the VGA" crowd. Hey, I guess they were right lol

Last edited by a moderator:

DutchPichu

Smash Journeyman
I see this as KOS-MOS being more likely. It wasn't too big of a character, so it would be a huge letdown for VGA. Master Chief would be someone more up for that.

Right now, I am expecting KOS-MOS and the first post-pass character in a Nintendo Direct (maybe Smash centered) either the end of December (I guess they can still announce it for next week) or January at its latest.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Back to square one in terms of speculation, I guess. I would be very disappointed if FP5 isn't a female rep, especially considering that odd Daisy picture from the anniversary Twitter post. That just seems too weird to not be hinting at something.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Back to square one in terms of speculation, I guess. I would be very disappointed if FP5 isn't a female rep, especially considering that odd Daisy picture from the anniversary Twitter post. That just seems too odd to not be hinting at something.
If that 1 year anniversary picture with Daisy in it is hinting towards who FP5 is, it makes me wonder if not KOS-MOS who else could that female be? Elma? Perhaps. But really, who else?

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Well, I guess it's up in the air now. Though I still think she'd be cool, and honestly, all the stuff that transpired recently inspired me to actually go back and beat the Xenosaga games (I'd only played some of Episode I so far) so that should be fun; even if she doesn't end up getting in.

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
Back to square one in terms of speculation, I guess. I would be very disappointed if FP5 isn't a female rep, especially considering that odd Daisy picture from the anniversary Twitter post. That just seems too odd to not be hinting at something.

It might or not be her at all :(, i am going to wait and no longer trust leakers saying it is her, UNLESS the leaker has some kind of legit information never before seen at all.

Top Bottom