• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
My first exposure to KOS-MOS was through Miiverse. I remember a user I used to follow on there was a huge fan of her. I eventually learned a bit more about her through the Project X Zone games, and then later on would get a copy of Xenosaga Episode I. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to finish it due to my PS2 breaking... I hope she makes it into Smash so that a Xenosaga HD Collection, or hell, maybe even a remake collaboration between Monolith and Namco can happen on modern consoles.

Also, I'd love to be added to the support list if possible... Gotta show my support for one of the OG Xenogirls.

D

Deleted member

Well, I hope you learned a lot about her in the OP! :)

Oh and we are nearly at 100 supporters. Very nice.... I kinda expected it months ago but I underestimated things it seems.
Had it not been for the fake leaks and speculation...but still outstanding nonetheless. The stars do align...

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Had it not been for the fake leaks and speculation...but still outstanding nonetheless. The stars do align...
Yeah, the speculation on Kosmos was surprisingly lacking. I feel like I’m the only one to make some big theory for her possible inclusion by looking into the odd marketing choices for the fighter’s pass. I thought many people at least talked about it in this thread, but it seemed like I was actually the only one who noticed the possible implications of that Rex costume. I should’ve came here earlier.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone, just coming in here to show my support for KOS-MOS! The reason I'm coming in here just now is cause I've seen her a lot in discussion lately, which caught my eye. While admittedly I haven't finished any of the Xenosaga games (yet) I've seen her a lot in the crossover games, like Project X Zone, and the Xeno games (like Xenoblade and Xenogears) are some of my favorite JRPGS. Personally, I feel like she'd be perfect as a second Xeno rep (to go with Shulk), that way there's more repped than just Xenoblade, along with her being a pretty cool character.

I also kind of hope there's an easier way to play Xenosaga down the line, lol

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Yeah, the speculation on Kosmos was surprisingly lacking. I feel like I’m the only one to make some big theory for her possible inclusion by looking into the odd marketing choices for the fighter’s pass. I thought many people at least talked about it in this thread, but it seemed like I was actually the only one who noticed the possible implications of that Rex costume. I should’ve came here earlier.
Most of us aren't speculating because we believe the Rex Mii costume is just that.... a Mii costume. Is it possible it shows that character #5 or the next pass will have KOS-MOS or a Xeno rep? Absolutely possible. But you are making it out to seem guaranteed when nothing shows that right now.

Not entirely sure if I shared this here before but if I did I will delete it. I have some speculation to share regarding KOS-MOS. So a while back I noticed that Xenoblade Definitive edition got a new redesigned logo with feathers. If anyone knows Xenosaga, KOS-MOS has angel wings at times but it happens in her official art mostly.

KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS MIGHT BE NOTHING PLEASE. I'm just seeing some similarities and it might be A HUGE REACH

VS

So is there something here? MAYBE. It could also be a focus on Melia and Telethia since she is forever alone in the original though

Feathers aside, I could see them bringing her back considering how popular she was in Xenoblade 2.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Most of us aren't speculating because we believe the Rex Mii costume is just that.... a Mii costume. Is it possible it shows that character #5 or the next pass will have KOS-MOS or a Xeno rep? Absolutely possible. But you are making it out to seem guaranteed when nothing shows that right now.

Not entirely sure if I shared this here before but if I did I will delete it. I have some speculation to share regarding KOS-MOS. So a while back I noticed that Xenoblade Definitive edition got a new redesigned logo with feathers. If anyone knows Xenosaga, KOS-MOS has angel wings at times but it happens in her official art mostly.

KEEP IN MIND THAT THIS MIGHT BE NOTHING PLEASE. I'm just seeing some similarities and it might be A HUGE REACH

VS

So is there something here? MAYBE. It could also be a focus on Melia and Telethia since she is forever alone in the original though

Feathers aside, I could see them bringing her back considering how popular she was in Xenoblade 2.
Just think about it, would it make more sense if they literally used any popular character that wasn’t Rex as the mii costume exclusive? You know, a character like Geno or an obscure favorite, such as Sans? That would make some sense, since the pass loved to throw in seemingly hopeless smash dreams as dlc fighters. With a pass like this, they should at least portray that with the mii costume to get the people wild over the dlc. The main reason why I know it’s Kosmos is because of the short-sighted marketing choices with Rex. Seriously, how popular is Rex?! He doesn’t carry some cult status thing.

If Nintendo does the fighter’s pass thing, they better not do another stupid smoking gun exclusive or I’m going to give them **** for it. I want them to be smarter with their marketing.

D

Deleted member

Just think about it, would it make more sense if they literally used any popular character that wasn’t Rex as the mii costume exclusive? You know, a character like Geno or an obscure favorite, such as Sans? That would make some sense, since the pass loved to throw in seemingly hopeless smash dreams as dlc fighters. With a pass like this, they should at least portray that with the mii costume to get the people wild over the dlc. The main reason why I know it’s Kosmos is because of the short-sighted marketing choices with Rex. Seriously, how popular is Rex?! He doesn’t carry some cult status thing.

If Nintendo does the fighter’s pass thing, they better not do another stupid smoking gun exclusive or I’m going to give them **** for it. I want them to be smarter with their marketing.
That honest struck me too. Rex, despite being a personal least demand of mine, is quite sttange of a choice to use.

That hopeless Smash dream sentence? You're giving me hope, don't do it...

BlackInk

Smash Lord
That honest struck me too. Rex, despite being a personal least demand of mine, is quite sttange of a choice to use.

That hopeless Smash dream sentence? You're giving me hope, don't do it...
Can you see what I mean? Nintendo is that snarky kid in class who thinks they’re so damn clever when they blurting up red flags without thinking twice. Think of me as that guy who looks over, with disapproval on my face, to quickly understand the “unexpected” scheme. They are that company that legitimately think that foreshadowing the final fighter will blow everyone away once it’s released. They look at their audience, saying, “I didn’t see it coming,” to, “why didn’t I see it coming?”

D

Deleted member

Can you see what I mean? Nintendo is that snarky kid in class who thinks they’re so damn clever when they blurting up red flags without thinking twice. Think of me as that guy who looks over, with disapproval on my face, to quickly understand the “unexpected” scheme. They are that company that legitimately think that foreshadowing the final fighter will blow everyone away once it’s released. They look at their audience, saying, “I didn’t see it coming,” to, “why didn’t I see it coming?”
Nintendo didn't give hints to Joker when they revealed him.

D

Deleted member

Of course they didn’t, they were more focused on making one foreshadowed surprise and being another Rian Johnson.
Geez, I didn't watch Last Jedi enough to understand it...no seriously, I did not see Last Jedi.

But if the Rex costume wasn't put up just for giggles...unless...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don’t think you quite realize how straw-graspy it is to suggest one character’s Mii costume is a foreshadowing tactic indicating the presence of a completely different series and company over a year later.

It’s clearly looking through the lens of assuming KOS-MOS is in and reverse engineering a narrative to validate that assumption. But it’s not how Sakurai works. You’re entirely without precedence in your postulation and it... just makes less sense than them simply choosing Rex because he was a popular choice that otherwise would’ve made the cut, so he works well as incentive.

Why didn’t they choose a third-party for the role Rex had? Well one, because Rex works sufficiently as a lure. But more importantly, it would be significantly less complicated from a logistical standpoint to not have to involve yet another third-party character in the division of revenue for the pass. There’s a reason every bonus offer has only featured first-party characters and there’s a reason no third-party costumes showed up in base.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I don’t think you quite realize how straw-graspy it is to suggest one character’s Mii costume is a foreshadowing tactic indicating the presence of a completely different series and company over a year later.

It’s clearly looking through the lens of assuming KOS-MOS is in and reverse engineering a narrative to validate that assumption. But it’s not how Sakurai works. You’re entirely without precedence in your postulation and it... just makes less sense than them simply choosing Rex because he was a popular choice that otherwise would’ve made the cut, so he works well as incentive.

Why didn’t they choose a third-party for the role Rex had? Well one, because Rex works sufficiently as a lure. But more importantly, it would be significantly less complicated from a logistical standpoint to not have to involve yet another third-party character in the division of revenue for the pass. There’s a reason every bonus offer has only featured first-party characters and there’s a reason no third-party costumes showed up in base.
Using Rex to lure who? A Pokemon costume would do the job way better than him. Seriously, the basis of the argument that it’s ridiculous stupid to do a big event with Rex because he’s not even marketable in the slightest. He’s not even Shulk-tier.

Last edited:

BlackInk

Smash Lord

To lure the fans.
Sir, when did they make some of these polls (the ones without dates)? Before or after the Rex costume? Announcements cause recency bias.

Oh, and if Rex was that popular. I’ll say Sakurai needs to eat a **** if Kos-Mos isn’t in the pass. It’s actually insanely disrespectful that they present a wanted character this way, rub some salt into the wound with some sobby story, put a pay wall on a constitution trophy for a character that would’ve been completely free, and then not put Kosmos into the pass. They’ll have to get some big balls for that stunt.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sir, when did they make these polls? Before or after the Rex costume? Announcements cause recency bias.
Well it varies. You can gauge how old it is by the presence or lack thereof of Ridley and K. Rool. If both are there, it's pre-E3. If only K. Rool, it's post E3, pre August Direct. If neither, it's after that.

But popularity is popularity. Some routes may be seen as more "legitimate" sources than others, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter from where it stemmed.

Also, *ma'am, not sir.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Well it varies. You can gauge how old it is by the presence or lack thereof of Ridley and K. Rool. If both are there, it's pre-E3. If only K. Rool, it's post E3, pre August Direct. If neither, it's after that.

But popularity is popularity. Some routes may be seen as more "legitimate" sources than others, but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter from where it stemmed.

Also, *ma'am, not sir.
I find that polls are often not dependable after taking a statistics class.

Also, I edited my comment to include this:
“Oh, and if Rex was that popular. I’ll say Sakurai needs to eat a **** if Kos-Mos isn’t in the pass. It’s actually insanely disrespectful that they present a wanted character this way, rub some salt into the wound with some sobby story, put a pay wall on a constitution trophy for a character that would’ve been completely free, and then not put Kosmos into the pass. They’ll have to get some big balls for that stunt.”

Yeah, I’m not a big fan of the marketing. It’s actually pretty damn insulting and inhuman the more I look back on it. How did it not **** up their reputation at all is beyond me. I hope to god they put Kosmos in the pass so they would at least have some justification for their bull****. Don’t forget about the stupid Plant with its awful design and exclusive development time.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I find that polls are often not dependable after taking a statistics.
Well anyone who will tell you that Rex wasn't one of the most predicted/demanded characters in the lead up to Ultimate (until Sakurai's statement about choosing the roster in 2015 dampened spirits somewhat) is either very forgetful, wasn't actually around then, or is lying.

Also, I edited my comment to include this:
“Oh, and if Rex was that popular. I’ll say Sakurai needs to eat a **** if Kos-Mos isn’t in the pass. It’s actually insanely disrespectful that they present a wanted character this way, rub some salt into the wound with some sobby story, put a pay wall on a constitution trophy for a character that would’ve been completely free, and then not put Kosmos into the pass. They’ll have to get some big balls for that stunt.”

Yeah, I’m not a big fan of the marketing. It’s actually pretty damn insulting and inhuman the more I look back on it. How did it not **** up their reputation at all is beyond me. I hope to god they put Kosmos in the pass so they would at least have some justification for their bull****. Don’t forget about the stupid Plant with its awful design and exclusive development time.
Rex and KOS-MOS don't even come from the same series; one doesn't, won't and isn't expected to stand as some sort of surrogate for the other. Even most characters from the same series don't work that way. The relationship they have is only because of Monolith, but it's not a factor that is relevant for Smash purposes. If we get Astral Chain content I'm not going to get mad that 2B isn't there.

You roping the two IP together is putting weight on a connection that's immaterial.

And I just have no effort to fight the slap-in-the-face argument again. It's what happens when entitlement and anger coalesce.

Last edited:

Natlo

Smash Cadet
I think I just got whiplash...

Anyways, Rex as a Mii costume: Obviously a Mii costume was added to the Fighters Pass to get people to buy the pass as a whole. It benefits Nintendo to get our money up front, so something to grease the wheels and keep us from buying the different Fighter DLCs individually. As for why Rex? As stated, it could be any reason, it may have been to create a narrative, though that's a relative long shot compared to A: Popularity, B: a off hand admition that Rex would have been in had the development cycles not been off C: They threw a dart at a Mii Costume dart board and it hit Rex.

Unfortunately, no one can prove that Rex wasn't added to create a narrative for KOS-MOS, because of that whole "Can't prove a negative" thing. I could use the same argument to suggest that Fighter # 5 is Pyra or Elma or pretty much anyone with a tangental association with Rex and the Xeno Series because it's a pretty loose theory. Not impossible, just... it's little more than a feeling. Not much more than when I went, so many years ago "OMG, Sakurai name dropped Monolith Soft. KOS-MOS has a shot." ((Note, that wash of whimsy is how I ended up here. Got the idea stuck in my head, Googled "KOS MOS Smash" and lurked for a bit.))

Also, it's perhaps a bit... strange to so viserally insult the game's creator and imply disrespect in the same breath.

This post is getting long. I have more hopeful thoughts but I can get to those later.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Well anyone who will tell you that Rex wasn't one of the most predicted/demanded characters in the lead up to Ultimate (until Sakurai's statement about choosing the roster in 2015 dampened spirits somewhat) is either very forgetful, wasn't actually around then, or is lying.

Rex and KOS-MOS don't even come from the same series; one doesn't, won't and isn't expected to stand as some sort of surrogate for the other. Even most characters from the same series don't work that way. The relationship they have is only because of Monolith, but it's not a factor that is relevant for Smash purposes. If we get Astral Chain content I'm not going to get mad that 2B isn't there.

You roping the two IP together is putting weight on a connection that's immaterial.

And I just have no effort to fight the slap-in-the-face argument again. It's what happens when entitlement and anger coalesce.
You mean ips that are directly related with eachother and are even considered as apart of a series beginning with “Xeno”? The cameo for Kosmos in Xenoblade 2 wasn’t even small and the treatment was the same for other cameo characters in that game (who came from other xeno games). Did you inspect Monolift Soft’s to see Kosmos right in the center? I don’t care if you think I’m being entitled. I don’t for Rex and I don’t care for Kosmos, but I do care when Companies are being assholes to their customers.

I think I just got whiplash...

Anyways, Rex as a Mii costume: Obviously a Mii costume was added to the Fighters Pass to get people to buy the pass as a whole. It benefits Nintendo to get our money up front, so something to grease the wheels and keep us from buying the different Fighter DLCs individually. As for why Rex? As stated, it could be any reason, it may have been to create a narrative, though that's a relative long shot compared to A: Popularity, B: a off hand admition that Rex would have been in had the development cycles not been off C: They threw a dart at a Mii Costume dart board and it hit Rex.

Unfortunately, no one can prove that Rex wasn't added to create a narrative for KOS-MOS, because of that whole "Can't prove a negative" thing. I could use the same argument to suggest that Fighter # 5 is Pyra or Elma or pretty much anyone with a tangental association with Rex and the Xeno Series because it's a pretty loose theory. Not impossible, just... it's little more than a feeling. Not much more than when I went, so many years ago "OMG, Sakurai name dropped Monolith Soft. KOS-MOS has a shot." ((Note, that wash of whimsy is how I ended up here. Got the idea stuck in my head, Googled "KOS MOS Smash" and lurked for a bit.))

Also, it's perhaps a bit... strange to so viserally insult the game's creator and imply disrespect in the same breath.

This post is getting long. I have more hopeful thoughts but I can get to those later.
That rebuttal is pretty weak since the pass is third-party only and doesn’t really align with the current Namco rep speculation, which is why I’m here. Did no one pay attention to the weird Namco stuff (including the lack of Heichi in the fourth mii fighter pack)? Basically, fighter 5 will come with a wave of Namco costumes. The question is about the rep. Kosmos is something that never touches this series and that’s a common theme with the fighters in the pass. Seriously, there has never been any banjo/persona/dragon quest/snk content in any smash games before the dlc. Weirdly, Kosmos falls under that category while Llyod and Heichi don’t. Reagie even states that they are picking fighters that never touch the smash games before, as a way to make a big surprise for their appearance and get the people that never have been interested in smash.

Since that Kosmos is a normal crossover character, even in fighters, Namco can even consider her a potentially “fun” character. We recently learn that Sakurai prioritizes fun over popularity. When we consider Kosmos, her kit has tons of potential mayhem that it’ll be a lie to say “there’s nothing decent to work with.”

What you need to disprove my rumor completely is by gathering at least one piece of evidence of Kosmos being in the smash series in some way.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You mean ips that are directly related with eachother and are even considered as apart of a series beginning with “Xeno”?
"Xeno" isn't a series. Xenogears, Xenosaga, and Xenoblade are all distinct IPs. They share a prefix due to the developers' proclivities, but they're all different series. Now you might disagree, but the only perspective that matters is Sakurai's.

And you know how I know he treats them as separate series? Look at this roster.

Look at the portion of ROB to Shulk. Sakurai, being the weirdo he is, ordered them by when their series were created. If he ordered them by when they were added, Ness and Captain Falcon would've come first. And Olimar before Villager. If he ordered them by character debut, Captain Falcon would've preceded Ness. But he ordered them by series debut. And Shulk comes after WFT. Were "Xeno" a series, he'd come before.

The cameo for Kosmos in Xenoblade 2 wasn’t even small and the treatment was the same for other cameo characters in that game (who came from other xeno games).
The cameo for Link in SoulCalibur wasn't small, it wasn't even a cameo - but appearing in SoulCalibur doesn't make him of SoulCalibur.

Cameos involve you in a series, but they don't change the series you actually belong to.

Did you inspect Monolift Soft’s to see Kosmos right in the center?
And if they were the devs for Smash, and they chose the roster, and the game revolved around them, you'd have a good case for a character getting in "because Monolith Soft". But they aren't, they don't and it doesn't.

I mean this isn't even the first game we've had a Monolith Soft character. If KOS-MOS gets in, it'll be because of her own merit or that of Xenosaga.

I don’t care if you think I’m being entitled. I don’t for Rex and I don’t care for Kosmos, but I do care when Companies are being assholes to their customers.
Uh huh.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
My point was that we don't need to disprove your theory. Literally, we can't, Bar Sakurai popping up in an interview or such outright declaring your point is wrong. And if we follow that all four DLC Fighters are third party, and thus #5 must be third party* and therefore Rex can't point to Nintendo owned characters, I'd present Fei Fong Wong. (("It can't be Fei, Square is Stingy")) or Shion Uzuki, the actual protagonist of Xenosaga. ((Though not it's most iconic character.))

*((Personally I feel that 4 points of data are too few to definitively state that the fifth will be Third party or not be a Mii Costume promotion, but assuming that is all hard evidence is frankly the only way we'll get anywhere.))

BlackInk

Smash Lord
hon
"Xeno" isn't a series. Xenogears, Xenosaga, and Xenoblade are all distinct IPs. They share a prefix due to the developers' proclivities, but they're all different series. Now you might disagree, but the only perspective that matters is Sakurai's.

And you know how I know he treats them as separate series? Look at this roster.

Look at the portion of ROB to Shulk. Sakurai, being the weirdo he is, ordered them by when their series were created. If he ordered them by when they were added, Ness and Captain Falcon would've come first. And Olimar before Villager. If he ordered them by character debut, Captain Falcon would've preceded Ness. But he ordered them by series debut. And Shulk comes after WFT. Were "Xeno" a series, he'd come before.

The cameo for Link in SoulCalibur wasn't small, it wasn't even a cameo - but appearing in SoulCalibur doesn't make him of SoulCalibur.

Cameos involve you in a series, but they don't change the series you actually belong to.

And if they were the devs for Smash, and they chose the roster, and the game revolved around them, you'd have a good case for a character getting in "because Monolith Soft". But they aren't, they don't and it doesn't.

I mean this isn't even the first game we've had a Monolith Soft character. If KOS-MOS gets in, it'll be because of her own merit or that of Xenosaga.

Uh huh.
Snarky attitudes doesn’t really do anything. You need a xenosaga spirit to actually land a mark :)
Also, you’re implying that Sakurai does separates Kosmos from Rex by series... Do you have any idea how ridiculous great it is. It means that Kosmos is not in the old hole with Llyod or Heachi.

The reason it was so important to showcase Joker was really to help the player understand that the net has been cast very wide for the different NEW fighters who will ENTER Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. From that perspective, it’s going to be very exciting. As it gets closer to the launch of the next fighter we’ll reveal that, so stay tuned for that.” -Reggie

If she isn’t considered a part of the series, she’s absolutely safe. And you love to keep doubting the connections Kosmos has with Xenoblade 2. Her thing is way different from being a fighter. Calling her a cameo isn’t exactly accurate, she’s practically Monoloith‘s baby. The xenoblade 2 game also doesn’t feature characters that are not from a xeno game. Also, she’s the most infamous and sought out blade in the game. There is no way Xenoblade players don’t know her.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
*((Personally I feel that 4 points of data are too few to definitively state that the fifth will be Third party or not be a Mii Costume promotion, but assuming that is all hard evidence is frankly the only way we'll get anywhere.))
Personally I think it's a bit ironic to rely so heavily on patterns to assert something with no precedence is, apparently, assured.

hon

Snarky attitudes doesn’t really do anything. You need a xenosaga spirit to actually land a mark :)
Also, you’re implying that Sakurai does separates Kosmos from Rex by series... Do you have any idea how ridiculous great it is. It means that Kosmos is not in the old hole with Llyod or Heachi.

The reason it was so important to showcase Joker was really to help the player understand that the net has been cast very wide for the different NEW fighters who will ENTER Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. From that perspective, it’s going to be very exciting. As it gets closer to the launch of the next fighter we’ll reveal that, so stay tuned for that.” -Reggie

If she isn’t considered a part of the series, she’s absolutely safe. And you love to keep doubting the connections Kosmos has with Xenoblade 2. Her thing is way different from being a fighter. Calling her a cameo isn’t exactly accurate, she’s practically Monoloith‘s baby. The xenoblade 2 game also doesn’t feature characters that are not from a xeno game. Also, she’s the most infamous and sought out blade in the game.
Well good thing I have more than a snarky attitude, I have proof via the CSS...

I'm glad you posted that Reggie quote though, because you seem to be under the impression that he said new series... when clearly he didn't. He said new fighters. They probably will end up being from series that haven't had playable representation before, but that's not what Reggie said. I mean he doesn't even mention the word series. You'll probably also interpret "fighter" as any character in the game, when clearly the context refers to those made playable. But yeah, KOS-MOS is from a series currently absent from Smash, that much is true.

Lastly, it doesn't matter how KOS-MOS was implemented in Xenoblade, and it doesn't matter how much Monolith cares about her, they don't call the shots for Smash. They're not even the party Sakurai would approach to use her, Namco is.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Personally I think it's a bit ironic to rely so heavily on patterns to assert something with no precedence is, apparently, assured.

Well good thing I have more than a snarky attitude, I have proof via the CSS...

I'm glad you posted that Reggie quote though, because you seem to be under the impression that he said new series... when clearly he didn't. He said new fighters. They probably will end up being from series that haven't had playable representation before, but that's not what Reggie said. I mean he doesn't even mention the word series. You'll probably also interpret "fighter" as any character in the game, when clearly the context refers to those made playable. But yeah, KOS-MOS is from a series currently absent from Smash, that much is true.

Lastly, it doesn't matter how KOS-MOS was implemented in Xenoblade, and it doesn't matter how much Monolith cares about her, they don't call the shots for Smash. They're not even the party Sakurai would approach to use her, Namco is.
Reggie is a business man. They’re sneaky assholes that love to hide the harshest realities with the sweetest tasting words. We have the pass characters and we know that the NEW fighters are characters from series that have never touched a smash game. He made it sound nice because he was ridiculously careful enough to avoid saying “new series”. In reality, we have their “unexpected” pattern down pretty easily with confirmation from some “kind” words. We have the pass itself to back up that only new series are allowed.

There is a lot of slimy stuff with Rex and I can tell. They could’ve made him the bonus dlc instead of a dumb plant, but they didn’t. They could put his costume in the base game, but they made only accessible with the ****ing fighter’s pass. You know, after making the Rex situation way worse? (Why Nintendo?) I would honestly not care at all if he was purchasable without the damn pass.

Whatever that last character is, they have to be linked to Rex in some major way to make some sense to grab the pass. Otherwise, it looks way too gross on Nintendo’s part. If a person who wanted Rex in the game didn’t get their wish, who would be that one they didn’t expect to desire? Kosmos of course. That’s the approach Nintendo has, satisfying the consumer with dlc,” but what’s important is that the DLC provide new and additional experiences for the consumer. We think that from a consumer satisfaction, it’s critically important. “ (raggie). Nintendo is a company that pushes that and, lately, are trying to make smash so ridiculously surprising. With these two elements on the table, I was able to find their blind spot with fighter #5. They have to appeal to the Rex buyers in some point in time for this pass. After all, it wouldn’t be satisfying to restrict the Rex costume with a pass that didn’t even have a single playable character from xenoblade 2. That alienates the buyers of the costume.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Whatever that last character is, they have to be linked to Rex in some major way to make some sense to grab the pass. Otherwise, it looks way too gross on Nintendo’s part. If a person who wanted Rex in the game didn’t get their wish, who would be that one they didn’t expect to desire? Kosmos of course. That’s the approach Nintendo has, satisfying the consumer with dlc,” but what’s important is that the DLC provide new and additional experiences for the consumer. We think that from a consumer satisfaction, it’s critically important. “ (raggie). Nintendo is a company that pushes that and, lately, are trying to make smash so ridiculously surprising. With these two elements on the table, I was able to find their blind spot with fighter #5. They have to appeal to the Rex buyers in some point in time for this pass. After all, it wouldn’t be satisfying to restrict the Rex costume with a pass that didn’t even have a single playable character from xenoblade 2. That alienates the buyers of the costume.
If that is the case, then KOS-MOs would be the closest thing to Xeno2 outside of Shulk that is currently playable. IRonic how the Blade got first before the Driver.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
If that is the case, then KOS-MOs would be the closest thing to Xeno2 outside of Shulk that is currently playable. IRonic how the Blade got first before the Driver.
You gotta please the disappointed fans somehow. Also, Shulk was a blade in xenoblade 2.

D

Deleted member

You gotta please the disappointed fans somehow. Also, Shulk was a blade in xenoblade 2.
I said "not counting Shulk", mind you. He's probably the closest thing to Xeno2 that's playable in Smash. I did play the game, y'know.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I do believe FP5 is a Xeno series character for sure, but nobody from 2. It COULD also be Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X, but i'd think Elma is best fit for post pass.
Lloyd, KOS-MOS, or Elma. One of those three I'm putting all of my stock on for FP5. I feel it in my gut it will be one of them for some reason.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What you need to disprove my rumor completely is by gathering at least one piece of evidence of Kosmos being in the smash series in some way.
You haven't even proved your own argument was correct. You've just spouted Nintendo would be assholes if all they gave to the Xeno series was the Rex costume behind the Fighters Pass.

If anything, we have a greater historical basis to debunk your business ideals because you then cite the November direct with Piranha Plant and how a ton of potential newcomers like Shadow, Isaac, and Custom Robo were shafted in some way for a Plant. Everyone got slapped in the face for it. So you have every reason to believe Nintendo will be an "asshole" toward you. At that point, it's not even Nintendo's fault if you fall for basic business wording and marketing. You clearly never learned your lesson.

Last edited by a moderator:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Disappointed_Max.jpg

Do you ever just ask yourself where it all went wrong? What you've done to deserve being put in a situation that shouldn't exist in the first place, but does anyway because some loon decided they want to push an agenda? What's that feeling like, boys and girls and in-between? Cause I know exactly how I cope with situations like this.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
You haven't even proved your own argument was correct. You've just spouted Nintendo would be assholes if all they gave to the Xeno series was the Rex costume behind the Fighters Pass.

If anything, we have a greater historical basis to debunk your business ideals because you then cite the November direct with Piranha Plant and how a ton of potential newcomers like Shadow, Isaac, and Custom Robo were shafted in some way for a Plant. Everyone got slapped in the face for it. So you have every reason to believe Nintendo will be an "asshole" toward you. At that point, it's not even Nintendo's fault if you fall for basic business wording and marketing. You clearly never learned your lesson.
I’m sorry but the argument doesn’t make any damn sense. Unlike those three characters, they confirmed that Rex would’ve been a fighter in the base game. I’m getting sick and tired of explaining this massive difference about several times. Stop pretending that Shadow, Issac, or Chibi Robo actually had a shot of being a fighter when Sakurai never even expressed the idea of them being scrapped fighters. I liked Shadow, but I always knew in my heart they didn’t even consider him in the roster. Rex is the case that’s ridiculously comedic because he has confirmed roster legitimacy, yet has a costume that is blocked off with a 25 dollar pay wall. Out of all of the people, the Rex guys are massively screwed over.

As for the marketing. I’m not the target demographic, I’m the one that’s analyzing it. I pay attention to the marketing decisions and company priorities. I can criticize their marketing decisions and predict them. It’s why I’m expecting Nintendo to actually follow their words about “satisfying” customers by giving them a character they’ll love in Rex’s twenty-five dollar pay wall.

At that point, it's not even Nintendo's fault if you fall for basic business wording and marketing. You clearly never learned your lesson”
What is this crap? Did I ever tell you a story of purchasing loot boxes? I’m cheap as ****, I don’t buy dlc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom