• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Wasn't the entire reason Sakurai picked piranha plant was because it wasn't a hero?
thing is we already had heroes added (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy). it's not likely for the villain to be added before the hero

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Wasn't the entire reason Sakurai picked piranha plant was because it wasn't a hero?
To be fair, Smash already has Mario, that very hero who represents the franchise that's named after him. Meanwhile, Soul Calibur has no representation in the franchise under any such character. That being said, Nightmare fits the bill because he is simultaneously Siegfried and one of the series' MacGuffins. Siegfried alone along with Mitsurugi, Sophitia, Kilik, and Xianghua are just ordinary-ish people with magical weapons.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
I think KOS-MOS has a legitimate chance to be the new Namco rep in Ultimate.
I was also wondering, since I never played any of the Xenosaga games, and since my only exposure to KOS-MOS was Xenoblade Chronicles 2 : Is T-ELOS similar enough to KOS-MOS that she could be an alt costume or an echo fighter?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I think KOS-MOS has a legitimate chance to be the new Namco rep in Ultimate.
I was also wondering, since I never played any of the Xenosaga games, and since my only exposure to KOS-MOS was Xenoblade Chronicles 2 : Is T-ELOS similar enough to KOS-MOS that she could be an alt costume or an echo fighter?
It's complicated, so I'll give you the spoiler-free version: T-elos is to Wolf what KOS-MOS is to Fox if that makes any sense.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
There she is guys! Finally painted <3

also she's in the Nintendo booth so smash confirmed obviously

:p

Last edited:

AugustusB

Smash Champion

That looks awesome! Also I didn't remember how big the statue was. That is huge!

And yes, right with all the other Nintendo peeps...hopefully.

MattX20

Smash Hero
If Kos-Mos does become playable, there's a good chance her Xenoblade Chronicles 2 look will either be her main look or an alt outfit

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
I had a thought, and I probably sound very dumb for saying this since I know nothing about KOS-MOS or her history. But since she's owned by Monolith Soft and she was able to be used in Xenoblade 2 without any problems, wouldn't she technically be a first/second-party character?

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I had a thought, and I probably sound very dumb for saying this since I know nothing about KOS-MOS or her history. But since she's owned by Monolith Soft and she was able to be used in Xenoblade 2 without any problems, wouldn't she technically be a first/second-party character?
The reason there was no problems is because Namco and Monolith Soft have a very healthy friendship. This is why Namco has no problem putting KOS-MOS in crossovers. She is still 3rd party because she is owned by Namco. She is in Xenoblade 2 through them after all and because they know the original creators love her so much. The new design is entirely Monolith though!

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

First there's Koumajou!Sakuya announced for next year, and now we finally get a WonFes announcement for KOS-MOS. My wallet is going to get several dents, that's for certain! I just need to figure out where to display the two once I get them...

Any who, I am in need of assistance from the most knowledgable and savvy members of the Xenosaga franchise here. The guy responsible for her mod in Smash Ultimate is updating her to include a custom Boxing Ring title. Being that I possess too little knowledge of what to go with, I came up with these ideas:

"Princess of First Division"
"Drifter of Lost Jerusalem"
and
"Vector's Magnum Opus"

If any of you have better ideas on what to go with, that would be totes appreciated.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
First there's Koumajou!Sakuya announced for next year, and now we finally get a WonFes announcement for KOS-MOS. My wallet is going to get several dents, that's for certain! I just need to figure out where to display the two once I get them...

Any who, I am in need of assistance from the most knowledgable and savvy members of the Xenosaga franchise here. The guy responsible for her mod in Smash Ultimate is updating her to include a custom Boxing Ring title. Being that I possess too little knowledge of what to go with, I came up with these ideas:

and
"Vector's Magnum Opus"

If any of you have better ideas on what to go with, that would be totes appreciated.
How about her acronym?
“Kosmos Obey Strategical Multiple Operation System”

Wait... that might be too long... :c

MattX20

Smash Hero

and
"Vector's Magnum Opus"

Namco's Queen of Crossovers?

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
How about her acronym?
“Kosmos Obey Strategical Multiple Operation System”

Wait... that might be too long... :c
Definitely too long, lmao. I'm going for practical lengths so it's consistent with the rest of the Boxing Ring titles.

Namco's Queen of Crossovers?
Too broad-strokes of a title. That would be like associating Ryu with crossovers as a male example for Capcom. KOS-MOS deserves something unique like everyone else.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Definitely too long, lmao. I'm going for practical lengths so it's consistent with the rest of the Boxing Ring titles.

Too broad-strokes of a title. That would be like associating Ryu with crossovers as a male example for Capcom. KOS-MOS deserves something unique like everyone else.
Hm...

Well "Destroyer of Gnosis" could work for obvious reasons (being the one that brings them into physical space to be harmed and all that), "Mary Magdalene" could maybe work too since she is technically half of her. Though I do like that third one you said, though you could also replace Vector with Shion in that and it might work even better.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

and
"Vector's Magnum Opus"

Depends what we are going with here. Since it is her Xenoblade 2 appearance perhaps it is best to use Erde Kaiser since that is her Mercenary group title in Xenoblade 2. For Xenosaga i'd use KP-X or maybe even Ye shall be as Gods/The Symbol of Xenosaga. Anti Gnosis weapon could work.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I recently saw this post on a Discord I'm in. Any thoughts on this?
On the one hand, I feel sorry for all the Tales fans wanting Lloyd in Smash but on the other hand, this kind of narrows down KOS-MOS’ competition of potential Namco characters, which is great because she has a better chance.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I recently saw this post on a Discord I'm in. Any thoughts on this?
Assuming the whole female dlc character rumours are true.... I say that this is 100% true that Lloyd will miss smash. They COULD probably give him a Japanese voice or recast the English VA but I just can't see it. The VA would probably know if any Lloyd was cast in smash as he says HE himself knows his character is not in it. But yeah I was always iffy about Lloyd's chances from the very beginning and ever since Hero's reveal it felt for me like he won't make it since Hero is a sword fighter with a very varied moveset and I just don't feel Lloyd would be any exciting after that.

Right now I'll just treat this as possible that the female character rumour is true. Is it KOS-MOS? I dont know but logically if Lloyd is out then the Namco rep is not going to be a male. KOS-MOS is the most popular female Namco character with a huge line of figurines, too many crossover appearances to count, etc. I just can't see it being anyone else.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Assuming the whole female dlc character rumours are true.... I say that this is 100% true that Lloyd will miss smash. They COULD probably give him a Japanese voice or recast the English VA but I just can't see it. The VA would probably know if any Lloyd was cast in smash as he says HE himself knows his character is not in it. But yeah I was always iffy about Lloyd's chances from the very beginning and ever since Hero's reveal it felt for me like he won't make it since Hero is a sword fighter with a very varied moveset and I just don't feel Lloyd would be any exciting after that.

Right now I'll just treat this as possible that the female character rumour is true. Is it KOS-MOS? I dont know but logically if Lloyd is out then the Namco rep is not going to be a male. KOS-MOS is the most popular female Namco character with a huge line of figurines, too many crossover appearances to count, etc. I just can't see it being anyone else.
When a flat no like that gets told I'm one to usually believe the person. Thing is... does Lloyd's English VA have a contract with Namco that says he /has/ to be credited in all works he voices Lloyd? Since that's the reason why Cloud doesn't speak English due to a contract with SE. Since if that's the case, of course the English VA would say he isn't in it, but Lloyd himself very well could, just forced to speak only Japanese. Because for some reason Nintendo hates crediting voice actors or something

That said guys, /clearly/ it's actually Mrs. Pac-Man. Don't judge but I'm actually hoping for Mrs. Pac-Man to become an Echo fighter eventually.

Jokes aside, I agree with if the Namco rep is female it's gotta be her, that's at least a 90% chance in my mind. Unless they go with.. Shion I guess (though I think last time she crossed over in anything that was Namco x Capcom... oh boy I want a Project X Zone 3 still). That said... there is one more character Namco likes shoving into crossover stuff that's Female... being Valkyrie from Valkyrie no Densetsu. Though I believe she crosses over a bit less, and is a bit less relevant than KOS-MOS (though not like relevancy matters, all that does in the end is popularity like K Rool and Banjo has shown us) but that's the only competition I can see KOS-MOS getting from Female Namco reps.

Unless for some reason they actually are doing Mrs. Pac-Man and for some reason she's a unique fighter from Pac-Man.

DrifloonEmpire

Smash Champion
What makes you say that the Namco rep will likely be female if not Lloyd? If this deconfirms Lloyd and Heihachi ends up deconfirmed as well, it's basically anyone's game at Namco.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If Lloyd and Heihachi are out, I could see the following as a potential Bamco rep IF they get one in the pass, which I hope they do:
  • Someone from Soul Calibur. Nightmare is a popular choice, but to me it feels weird to have the villain before the hero gets in, so I'd sooner expect Siegfried or Sophitia. Bonus points that Sophitia is female.
  • Klonoa, but he's kinda obscure
  • Dark Souls character, even though technically Bandai Namco only publishes the series, the devs are From Software
  • Valkyrie (again she's obscure to the west)
  • Digimon (gray area on account of it starting as a digital pet and having an anime before established video games)
  • .hack character (gray area on account on .hack starting as an anime but having some video game spin offs)
  • and of course our girl :awesome:
  • and on a much less likely note, a different Tales rep like Yuri Lowell from Vesperia (most popular Tales Of protag, helps also that ToV Definitive is on Switch) or Velvet Crowe from Berseria (female and I think also has a literal "flying weapon"; her design is a bit problematic though)

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
If Lloyd and Heihachi are out, I could see the following as a potential Bamco rep IF they get one in the pass, which I hope they do:
  • Someone from Soul Calibur. Nightmare is a popular choice, but to me it feels weird to have the villain before the hero gets in, so I'd sooner expect Siegfried or Sophitia. Bonus points that Sophitia is female.
  • Klonoa, but he's kinda obscure
  • Dark Souls character, even though technically Bandai Namco only publishes the series, the devs are From Software
  • Valkyrie (again she's obscure to the west)
  • Digimon (gray area on account of it starting as a digital pet and having an anime before established video games)
  • .hack character (gray area on account on .hack starting as an anime but having some video game spin offs)
  • and of course our girl :awesome:
  • and on a much less likely note, a different Tales rep like Yuri Lowell from Vesperia (most popular Tales Of protag, helps also that ToV Definitive is on Switch) or Velvet Crowe from Berseria (female and I think also has a literal "flying weapon"; her design is a bit problematic though)
Velvet shows as much skin as when Bayonetta uses her smash attacks or those two ZSS alts. It honestly isn't /that/ much of a problem, since I've seen people think because the Mythra spirit got censored anyone like Velvet would have to get in censored when... the reason why Mythra's spirit got censored is because Japan's CERO has a thing, if the possibility of an upskirt is there, even if it's a 2-D image, automatic T rating. Last time I checked Velvet doesn't wear a skirt so she should be good.

Otherwise, the rule is that if they didn't debut as a video game character they're out of the question, so any digimon or .hack character is out of the question. Dark Souls would be a from software rep, that's like saying because SEGA makes FGO Arcade and a few select regions they publish FGO, Artoria would be a SEGA rep instead of a NOTES/TYPE-MOON rep. I think it's fine if the villain gets in first before the hero as long as they're the mascot, this goes for Heihachi as he is usually an antagonistic force for the Tekken series and he is the mascot of the series. Other examples of series that would apply to would also be Danganronpa's Monokuma for being that series mascot yet also the main antagonist.

So... only real thing, in terms of main protagonists, antagonists, and mascot characters Namco has that are video game debut characters that could debut with their crossover queen would be Nightmare, Klonoa, Valkriye, then perhaps someone else from Tales of like Yuri and Velvet among other obscure or older characters that don't have much spotlight these days. That said the amount they rival her varies, I think Nightmare is the only one that actually does, since most of the Tales Of fans put all their baskets into Lloyd and seeming as it seems popularity amongst fans have been a huge factor for most of the newcomers in Ultimate... Yuri and Velvet could've been passed on due to most people wanting Lloyd and then Lloyd has perhaps gotten passed up on as well. That said out of the Tales of series reps, given current circumstances I believe Velvet would make the most sense since last time I checked she's more of a brawler than a swordfighter.

Still though, I do think KOS-MOS probably has the highest chance of any Namco Bandai character atm, especially if the thought process we have of not getting any more new swordfighters is true.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Depends what we are going with here. Since it is her Xenoblade 2 appearance perhaps it is best to use Erde Kaiser since that is her Mercenary group title in Xenoblade 2. For Xenosaga i'd use KP-X or maybe even Ye shall be as Gods/The Symbol of Xenosaga. Anti Gnosis weapon could work.
While it's true the design is based on her Xenoblade 2 appearance, it's only because that's her highest-poly model to date, so it was a practical decision more than anything.

I kinda liked Smasherfan88's suggestion with "Shion's Magnum Opus" too though, since it addresses her directly. I also want to avoid using "Mary Magdalene" since it's quite the in-your-face type of spoiler, even though it's out-of-context for the less-aware.

I'll come to a decision soon, but here's another idea:
Erde Kaiser Emissary
It not only references the mech from the original trilogy, but her Merc title as well, and the apparent connection to her later upgrades.

On the subject of the current Namco-character–talk, there's this supposed rumor going about that Namco themselves don't want/care about having a second rep in general, beyond Pac-Man that is. There is absolutely no confirmation or citation to this claim, which puts my mind at ease a bit, though I can't help but worry that there is truth to it due to the radio silence behind Namco's potential second slot.

Lloyd is an iffy one as we've discussed and seen in the past, and the only one to have gotten any sort of attention, if for a short while at most, was Artorias from Dark Souls. It's ambiguous if he still counts as a Namco rep as much as Joker is a Sega rep, but the point remains that Namco is seemingly MIA in the speculation cycle.

I don't think we'll be hearing anything significant for a while, at least until we close the gap with Banjo's release window where the Fighter's Pass only has a few months left to release the remaining mystery fighters. Alternatively (though not exclusively), there are Vergeben and Sabi, who have been pretty consistent with their news info. Until they say they're absolutely sure about the next unknown fighters, we're left in the dark. All we can do is pray.

Getting KOS-MOS after all would be great, and then there's literally anyone else in my banner, but just her alone is enough to make the rest fair game to me.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
While it's true the design is based on her Xenoblade 2 appearance, it's only because that's her highest-poly model to date, so it was a practical decision more than anything.

I kinda liked Smasherfan88's suggestion with "Shion's Magnum Opus" too though, since it addresses her directly. I also want to avoid using "Mary Magdalene" since it's quite the in-your-face type of spoiler, even though it's out-of-context for the less-aware.

Erde Kaiser Emissary
It not only references the mech from the original trilogy, but her Merc title as well, and the apparent connection to her later upgrades.

On the subject of the current Namco-character–talk, there's this supposed rumor going about that Namco themselves don't want/care about having a second rep in general, beyond Pac-Man that is. There is absolutely no confirmation or citation to this claim, which puts my mind at ease a bit, though I can't help but worry that there is truth to it due to the radio silence behind Namco's potential second slot.

I don't think we'll be hearing anything significant for a while, at least until we close the gap with Banjo's release window where the Fighter's Pass only has a few months left to release the remaining mystery fighters. Alternatively (though not exclusively), there are Vergeben and Sabi, who have been pretty consistent with their news info. Until they say they're absolutely sure about the next unknown fighters, we're left in the dark. All we can do is pray.

Getting KOS-MOS after all would be great, and then there's literally anyone else in my banner, but just her alone is enough to make the rest fair game to me.
I really like that title actually! It does fit very well.

If we don't get a 2nd Namco rep I will be extremely disappointed but where is this rumour coming from? I haven't really been putting full trust into Sabi/verge though.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I really like that title actually! It does fit very well.

If we don't get a 2nd Namco rep I will be extremely disappointed but where is this rumour coming from? I haven't really been putting full trust into Sabi/verge though.
Thankfully, the rumor isn't officially supported by any leaker, at least to my knowledge. At most, they'll say, "Not sure." If they aren't saying anything, that's because there's nothing worth reporting. It's perfectly reasonable to assume it's just a small group calling gloom and doom either to fear-monger, or to just play the pessimist.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Velvet shows as much skin as when Bayonetta uses her smash attacks or those two ZSS alts. It honestly isn't /that/ much of a problem, since I've seen people think because the Mythra spirit got censored anyone like Velvet would have to get in censored when... the reason why Mythra's spirit got censored is because Japan's CERO has a thing, if the possibility of an upskirt is there, even if it's a 2-D image, automatic T rating. Last time I checked Velvet doesn't wear a skirt so she should be good.

Otherwise, the rule is that if they didn't debut as a video game character they're out of the question, so any digimon or .hack character is out of the question. Dark Souls would be a from software rep, that's like saying because SEGA makes FGO Arcade and a few select regions they publish FGO, Artoria would be a SEGA rep instead of a NOTES/TYPE-MOON rep. I think it's fine if the villain gets in first before the hero as long as they're the mascot, this goes for Heihachi as he is usually an antagonistic force for the Tekken series and he is the mascot of the series. Other examples of series that would apply to would also be Danganronpa's Monokuma for being that series mascot yet also the main antagonist.

So... only real thing, in terms of main protagonists, antagonists, and mascot characters Namco has that are video game debut characters that could debut with their crossover queen would be Nightmare, Klonoa, Valkriye, then perhaps someone else from Tales of like Yuri and Velvet among other obscure or older characters that don't have much spotlight these days. That said the amount they rival her varies, I think Nightmare is the only one that actually does, since most of the Tales Of fans put all their baskets into Lloyd and seeming as it seems popularity amongst fans have been a huge factor for most of the newcomers in Ultimate... Yuri and Velvet could've been passed on due to most people wanting Lloyd and then Lloyd has perhaps gotten passed up on as well. That said out of the Tales of series reps, given current circumstances I believe Velvet would make the most sense since last time I checked she's more of a brawler than a swordfighter.

Still though, I do think KOS-MOS probably has the highest chance of any Namco Bandai character atm, especially if the thought process we have of not getting any more new swordfighters is true.
Let's go again.

Digimon started as a LCD Game, a Tamagotchi, in 1997.

Director of Digimon Games Japan:

D75vWg0XYAA0M52.jpg

Digimon have 3 games for the Switch now, and is the second Biggest Bandai Namco franchise.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Let's go again.

View attachment 234337

Digimon have 3 games for the Switch now, and is the second Biggest Bandai Namco franchise.
Regarding the whole "Does that series count?", business, I also consider Agumon just as viable as Saber and anyone else. They're game characters.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Let's go again.

View attachment 234337

Tamagotchi's are technically considered toys, but that didn't stop R.O.B. and while I acknowledge Augumon is a contender... I myself never could get into Digimon so I personally just write them off alongside the fact I've never seen someone say they want Augumon or any digimon besides the supporters they have here on smashboards. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but that's just kind of my take on it and my personal opinion, but I'm not really against the idea, just not exactly... hyped or excited for it at all. Kind of my same reaction with Hero when they were announced, didn't care for it but it's nice people got what they wanted.

That said, last time I checked that was Tekken and Tales, even then... I could literally find 0 information to confirm that Digimon thing being their second biggest franchise, but I assume since the fact it's multi-media... I honestly could believe that without proper evidence.

Erde Kaiser Emissary

Lloyd is an iffy one as we've discussed and seen in the past, and the only one to have gotten any sort of attention, if for a short while at most, was Artorias from Dark Souls. It's ambiguous if he still counts as a Namco rep as much as Joker is a Sega rep, but the point remains that Namco is seemingly MIA in the speculation cycle.

Glad you liked it, but yeah I subtly thought the Mary Magadalene was probably a bit too hard on the head. That could work, but I feel like it might be out of place considering other fighters and their titles, but that's just me. I've never seen rumors such as that anywhere until now, that said I don't think Namco has any reason to act that way unless for whatever unexplained reason they feel like being ultra humble like Sakurai kinda does with deciding not to add a fourth kirby rep because he fears he'll be seen as biased like apparently was during Brawl (which IDK, we know the cut Mario rep for Brawl was supposed to be Geno now, but that was because of legal reasons early in development it didn't happen... I felt like Kirby getting 2 reps was justified after being by himself for 2 games).

That said, Namco Bandai does own the Souls series so... they would be considered a Namco Bandai rep. Also seeming as SEGA 100% owns Atlus... Joker is 100% a SEGA rep.

I feel like its probably because most Namco Bandai games in this modern day didn't really release much on nintendo's last console generation and technically the switch as well when we don't count big multi-media franchises and non-video game debut franchises getting games or at least they don't release that often. Last games I remember that released were the Project X Zone series and those two reboot Pac-Man games, besides Smash Bros. of course. There was only one Tekken game on the Wii U I believe and the WIi U got no Tales games to my knowledge and the Switch has only gotten ports of older games, didn't get ports of the modern ones nor is it getting Tales of Arise either. That said if we count the multi-media and what not, we have some Digimon games and Dragon Ball. First off, no non-video game debuts so that's out of the question, again I haven't heard much hype around the Digimon titles other than the new one is better than sword and shield since it apparently has all the digimon in it. Of course we also have some Pac-Man games out there and well... we already have Pac in smash, and no one is clamoring for the ghosts to get playable status even though they have designs from the Pac-Man world series that could work, only one we really have there is Mrs. Pac-Man as an Echo Fighter or alternatively Pac-Man Jr. as one too (well... that and removing Pac-Land and getting the good Pac-Man stage from the 3DS game). Then I'm pretty sure Dark Souls remastered still hasn't come out on the Switch yet... I think, don't remember its release date. So, with that said... Hard-core Nintendo fans and what not don't really have all that much in terms of characters since well... they aren't really... /there/ besides like... Digimon, but as I said in my personal experience I haven't seen any wanting a Digimon character in smash bros besides this site and I browse a lot of Smash related stuff over the day. That said Tekken, Soulcaliber, and Tales did have previous releases on Nintendo systems (Soulcaliber crossing over with Zelda once) So I believe that's why the discussion is usually limited, since considering everyone considers Pac-Man's taunt to de-confirm the Tekken character everyone wants, no one really talks about it, and now the Tales series rep everyone wanted seemingly got deconfirmed and most of that series was on Playstation and not counting ports, the last mainline Tales Of game that released on a Nintendo home system was during the Wii Era in 2009, even then it seems a good chunk of that series has some japan exclusivity so that hurts it more. Soulcaliber is something I've seen grow in discussion because it's the only one that hasn't been deconfirmed in any shape or form besides the fact /another/ sword fighter would be annoying or something.

That said, I don't really think this is the actual case since if it was, since if it was, no one would've been asking for Cloud back in the day. Then again... I heard way more Sora than Cloud back then, so... maybe it kinda is even though that honestly shouldn't be an issue. I hope people take notice and start discussing extra Namco reps though, since it's not only those three-four series, and of course we also have KOS-MOS... which to be fair... I think most Nintendo fans do only know her for Xenoblade 2 and the Project X Zone games, but that may just be my pessimism talking.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Tamagotchi's are technically considered toys, but that didn't stop R.O.B. and while I acknowledge Augumon is a contender... I myself never could get into Digimon so I personally just write them off alongside the fact I've never seen someone say they want Augumon or any digimon besides the supporters they have here on smashboards. I don't mean to be rude or anything, but that's just kind of my take on it and my personal opinion, but I'm not really against the idea, just not exactly... hyped or excited for it at all. Kind of my same reaction with Hero when they were announced, didn't care for it but it's nice people got what they wanted.

That said, last time I checked that was Tekken and Tales, even then... I could literally find 0 information to confirm that Digimon thing being their second biggest franchise, but I assume since the fact it's multi-media... I honestly could believe that without proper evidence.
Evidence is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises

Virtual Pets are a type of simulation video games.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Evidence is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises

Virtual Pets are a type of simulation video games.
Fair enough, but I don't know if you want to count these since they only own the video game rights and not the entire thing... but they own the game rights to Naruto and JoJo, so that technically makes it the fourth, but in a certain point of view since Digimon is first party to them in its entirety unlike the JoJo and Naruto with just the game rights, it is the second most.

Wikipedia called them toys but whatever, not really looking for an argument here.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Fair enough, but I don't know if you want to count these since they only own the video game rights and not the entire thing... but they own the game rights to Naruto and JoJo, so that technically makes it the fourth, but in a certain point of view since Digimon is first party to them in its entirety unlike the JoJo and Naruto with just the game rights, it is the second most.

Wikipedia called them toys but whatever, not really looking for an argument here.
Bandai called Tamagotchi's "everything", becouse they are games, toys, etc

But a Tamagotchi is more of a Video Game than Game & Watch, thats for sure.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Allow me to dispel something here: As it stands, Digimon is a candidate series for a character rep, and does not break any rules or conventions by competing against other slots. Though Tamagotchi is toy-like in its presentation, as well the company Bandai, bear in mind that Nintendo originally began as a toy company as well. Despite its origins, it did start off as a video game, about as much as we could say for interactive novels. Ergo, Agumon is valid.

That being said, he isn't the star of this topic, and although I lack authoritative power on here and on this site in general, I highly advise we keep the character-talk to a bare-minimum apart from KOS-MOS herself. Or at the least try to balance out the discussions and not veer off in a wild tangent on why "Insert-Namco-Character-Here is the choice for the Namco slot." It's difficult enough staying within the radar without the usual Heihachi and Lloyd talk as it is.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Can you put me on the support list please. I haven't played any of the Xenosaga or Xenoblade games, but KOS-MOS looks like a really cool character that would be fun to play as in Smash.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
YOOOOOOO

Aside from Elma, I think KOS-MOS might fit this bill also... yes I know it’s a 4chan leak but it’s vague enough to just have a possibility of being legit...

Inoj

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-1541-1574-0818
Most likely fake. Then again there was that one leak that proved to be correct (a Wojak post with Ken, Incineroar and Piranha Plant IIRC). Again, most likely fake.

Hoping for Shantae

Edit: Found the screencap.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
YOOOOOOO

Aside from Elma, I think KOS-MOS might fit this bill also... yes I know it’s a 4chan leak but it’s vague enough to just have a possibility of being legit...
I don't believe this leak. But if it is real, my fear is the female character is a Fire Emblem: Three Houses rep. I really would hope it's Elma or KOS-MOS instead though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom