• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Hey all.... sorry I wasn't on to update the thread or anything like that. I took a break from here but I finally have news to report XD

Apologies for the double-post since it's been silent since last year, but I have something really neat to show you all that a friend of mine is working on. Any mods viewing this can merge this post with the previous one if possible. My intention is to revive this topic while we wait for more Fighter's Pass news, that rumored Xenosaga trilogy port, and Goodsmile's KOS-MOS Re: figure. So without further ado, I present a WIP of KOS-MOS over ZSS (if none have already seen it):

In order to drum up hype for our Lady, I have spoken to a talented modder in order to incorporate KOS-MOS so that we get a taste of what she could look like in Smash Ultimate. Modding is at its infancy and it's dangerous to load them up at the moment, but I figured the more attention the scene gets as well as KOS-MOS herself, we can at least bring more awareness to her beyond the occasional Xenoblade Chronicles 2 threads on /v/ and speculative DLC discussions that happen there as well. It's not much given how the real deal is always preferable, but it's still something to digest in the mean time. That's the fun behind "What-If's" after all.

After she's done, I'm gonna revisit getting Kasandra back in Ultimate over Ike this time [cough, cough]
That's incredible. I can't wait to see the final work!!!! Wow!

Also, the LONG AWAITED KOS-MOS figure has finally been shown off at Wonfest! It is not painted yet but it's nice to finally see it!

Here is hoping she sells tons! I can't wait to get my hands on one. I wonder when she will be fully painted.

Edit: Already posted? I had no notifications. Whoops.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The craftsmanship on that is astounding.

Which means I will never be able to afford it.
Ah.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Hey all.... sorry I wasn't on to update the thread or anything like that. I took a break from here but I finally have news to report XD
That's incredible. I can't wait to see the final work!!!! Wow!
Also, the LONG AWAITED KOS-MOS figure has finally been shown off at Wonfest! It is not painted yet but it's nice to finally see it!
Here is hoping she sells tons! I can't wait to get my hands on one. I wonder when she will be fully painted.
Edit: Already posted? I had no notifications. Whoops.
AAAAAAAAAAAAA I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT, I WENT "OOO" AND "AHH" A LOT WITH A COUPLE OF OTHER DORKS

I'M STILL HAVING A NERDGASM, HOLD ME (ACTUALLY, PLEASE DON'T)

THERE ARE OTHER FIGURES THAT CAUGHT MY EYE TOO, GDMI

RIP IN PEPPERONI WALLET

Phew...

The craftsmanship on that is astounding.

Which means I will never be able to afford it.
Ah.
It's an expensive endeavor alright, but you know what's even worse? Limited edition figures that you will never ever ever ever ever see ever again ever. And GK (Garage Kit) figures too. Unless you're a painter supreme, those aren't pre-painted and they're not like the originals at all, so obtaining one of those means needing to assemble everything from the get-go assuming you know what the **** you're doing. For someone who has a simple hobby and saves up their money for these things, some are just too far and away to obtain.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I guarantee you my friend has already found a way to preorder that. She has, like, every KOS-MOS ever made, even the Dollfie Dream one that cost several hundred dollars.

Also, garage kits are the bane of my existence. Every year I see the P3P Heroine garage kit at WonFes and every year my heart gets broken.

Last edited:

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
The craftsmanship is truly beautiful. Breathtaking attention to detail from all angles.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I guarantee you my friend has already found a way to preorder that. She has, like, every KOS-MOS ever made, even the Dollfie Dream one that cost several hundred dollars.

Also, garage kits are the bane of my existence. Every year I see the P3P Heroine garage kit at WonFes and every year my heart gets broken.
I'm not quite sure the figure's available just yet. Pre-orders aren't up, at least not atm. Goodsmileshop, amiami, and play-asia tend to hold them up. I got Pyra and Mythra through Amazon.jp. If I can't pre-order through any of the first three, I'll just get it through amazon.

I was lucky enough to pay the initial price instead of the inflated cost which is, woof, really high for a scale figure. I am also totes jealous of your friend. I'll get a Dollfie Dream one eventually, though I'll need to come back on that when I'm a little mmmm richer.

Speaking of GKs, I was browsing /a/ on Friday and spotted Tenryuu's Remodel and Jeanne in a maid outfit. Both look absolutely gorgeous... up until I saw GK for both and I was like, WELP... I had the same exact reaction toward Yamashiro. Found out there has never been an official high-quality scale figure of her ever. The one I spotted was, you guessed it, another Garage Kit. Such misfortune indeed ;_;

The craftsmanship is truly beautiful. Breathtaking attention to detail from all angles.

Not gonna lie, I'd love to see more of these in the future. I'd be down for a Pneuma figure, as well as T-elos, Nia, and other Blades. I'm tempted to find a good Ver.4 KOS-MOS scale figure in the far future too. Here's to hoping she won't be bull****-hard to pre-order for some reason. I never had that problem with the Aegisis.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

It's absolutely gorgeous..... I dont care if it's 200 bucks it's going to be mine. On a side note... I'm very happy to see you back again! I took a break myself but for some reason I really thought we lost you lol.

There's a Nintendo direct tomorrow so I'm expecting them to finally move on and reveal Joker. Hopefully we can speculate more on Namco soon too. I still believe this dlc will entirely be 3rd party based on Joker, Erdrick (he's more or less 100% confirmed). Support for KOS-MOS seems very strong still on 4chan and gamefaqs at least.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
KOS-MOS and T-ELOS pages from the new Xenoblade 2 Alrest artbook!

Based CHOCO and Tanaka.

Play-Asia finally notified me that my order shipped, so I'll be getting that art book very soon as well! I should have made a second order though, to keep one in pristine condition. Ah well...

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Hey, that's pretty neat.
Can't wait for the translation on these.
It is really neat. Those details show that she was most definitely inspired by Episode I KOS-MOS. It's also very interesting that Vector industries and Shion and Allen are mentioned at the bottom. Could this mean this is the very same KOS-MOS? I mean, it's a possibility with the spoilers we learn at the end of Xenoblade 2 and also the new Siren figurine had details about a
multiverse

Maybe Shion and Allen will finally love eachother in a future Xeno game

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I finally got the artbook btw. Long ago in fact, but I wanted to wait until something substantial hit this thread as to not clutter it with my own responses. To keep it short and fair, I hope we get fullres scans online cause there's a ton of neat stuff on here.

Other than that, I have some news to share, however minor it seems. As it turns out, the KOS-MOS commission I ordered a while ago got in-game screenshots. It's still a WIP, but look closely at the number of likes and shares, then compare it to another Ultimate mod that's being worked side-by-side:
and then...

Honestly, I am shocked. Is it because she's winning against a dying meme? Is it a silent crowd of fans? It's hard to tell with twitter since damn near everyone is super secretive about what they share, but it's still worth considering. I was even told by my friend that some people mistook her screenshots as the real deal. Quite a reception for a character, eh?

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Wow, that looks incredible! It's almost like the real thing.

And considering my previous post pretty much confirms KOS-MOS is the same KOS-MOS from Xenosaga in Xenoblade 2 or another version of her after she
gets destroyed at the end of Episode III and only her torso is left floating towards Lost Jerusalem.
I was thinking that KOS-MOS could be a major character and not an easter egg in the next xeno/xenoblade game. I mean... in the game they even have Astelle to remind her of Shion. I'm sure in Xenoblade 2 she knows Shion and Allen are her meisters otherwise they wouldnt have gone through the trouble of having Astelle look just like Shion. So I am treating this artbook as a huge reveal about KOS-MOS even though people might think it's minor, hehe. There's a future for her... maybe in smash or maybe not in smash but we will be seeing more of her either way.

In comparison here is KOS-MOS from Xenosaga's specifics VS Xenoblade 2

Xenosaga: Her development codename is "KP-X", and she is self classified as a "Special Humanoid Anti-Gnosis Annihilation Weapon".
Her serial number is "000000001".

Xenoblade 2: KOS-MOS Refrain's serial number is the same but with 1.2. KP-X codename is the same but 1.2 makes her seem like a new model. Both were developed at Vector industries by Allen and Shion (major characters in Xenosaga) Classified as "Human type body"

Just some interesting stuff for Xeno freaks like myself.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Wow, that looks incredible! It's almost like the real thing.

And considering my previous post pretty much confirms KOS-MOS is the same KOS-MOS from Xenosaga in Xenoblade 2 or another version of her after she
gets destroyed at the end of Episode III and only her torso is left floating towards Lost Jerusalem.
I was thinking that KOS-MOS could be a major character and not an easter egg in the next xeno/xenoblade game. I mean... in the game they even have Astelle to remind her of Shion. I'm sure in Xenoblade 2 she knows Shion and Allen are her meisters otherwise they wouldnt have gone through the trouble of having Astelle look just like Shion. So I am treating this artbook as a huge reveal about KOS-MOS even though people might think it's minor, hehe. There's a future for her... maybe in smash or maybe not in smash but we will be seeing more of her either way.
Real quick note I oughta mention in support of this idea, but beware of spoilers for those who don't have the art book nor played the game:

ONTOS may or may not have been teased in the book. HINT: It's not Alvis. Namely, they appear in a section that shows off designs for a sword and a Blade that's absent from the game. It's obviously orange in color, which would complete the secondary-color triad with PNEUMA (Green) and LOGOS (Purple). Assuming Klaus' comment on ONTOS vanishing isn't cessation of existence, this could potentially hint at Xenoblade 3 telling the story of ONTOS while continuing the Blade/Driver relationship (the Blade seems to be female while having a Driver who looks to be around Zeke's age in terms of appearance). If it isn't just scrapped content outright, I can see KOS-MOS make a return-to-form in this setting.

Someone on /a/ pointed out the logistics of Elysium at the end of 2, and how the lack of Ether or even a proper Titan life cycle is a problem in the long-run. Personally, I just think that the end of the cycle effectively made Blades immortal/not shackled to Drivers anymore, but that's just my mileage. Assuming the plot of the third game kicks off this way, however, I can see voluntary dimensional-traveling at work as a means of finding ONTOS, who is the only Aegis who might have some kind of link to the Conduit. This is while acknowledging that PNEUMA used up her powers to stop the Orbital Station from collapsing entirely on Alrest, and we know that Alvis and the Monado are still plenty powerful MacGuffins even without the Conduit's presence in Shulk's world. Going by that, I feel like KOS-MOS could play a major role in this game, dare I say their ticket to learning about how to access different universes? Bonus points for our third Aegis friend forming an Orange/Blue contrast with KOS-MOS.

In comparison here is KOS-MOS from Xenosaga's specifics VS Xenoblade 2

Xenosaga: Her development codename is "KP-X", and she is self classified as a "Special Humanoid Anti-Gnosis Annihilation Weapon".
Her serial number is "000000001".

Xenoblade 2: KOS-MOS Refrain's serial number is the same but with 1.2. KP-X codename is the same but 1.2 makes her seem like a new model. Both were developed at Vector industries by Allen and Shion (major characters in Xenosaga) Classified as "Human type body"

Just some interesting stuff for Xeno freaks like myself.
Here's an alternative:
There were Xenoblade counterparts of Allen and Shion that created a version of KOS-MOS, much in the sense that Mega Man.EXE is analogous to the classic Mega Man, but of different-yet-similar time-lines. If we work on that logic, it's possible that KOS-MOS Re:'s data was used in the creation of one of Klaus' first core crystals, by converting her data into one as memorabilia for the scientists who created her. Perhaps Klaus knew these alternate versions and KOS-MOS is in ways an epitaph to them? Could be some pretty-neat world-building, although I'd love it if the flavor text is more text than flavor. The implications of her being the original and not an alternate version could pave the doorway to new possibilities.

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Real quick note I oughta mention in support of this idea, but beware of spoilers for those who don't have the art book nor played the game:

ONTOS may or may not have been teased in the book. HINT: It's not Alvis. Namely, they appear in a section that shows off designs for a sword and a Blade that's absent from the game. It's obviously orange in color, which would complete the secondary-color triad with PNEUMA (Green) and LOGOS (Purple). Assuming Klaus' comment on ONTOS vanishing isn't cessation of existence, this could potentially hint at Xenoblade 3 telling the story of ONTOS while continuing the Blade/Driver relationship (the Blade seems to be female while having a Driver who looks to be around Zeke's age in terms of appearance). If it isn't just scrapped content outright, I can see KOS-MOS make a return-to-form in this setting.

Someone on /a/ pointed out the logistics of Elysium at the end of 2, and how the lack of Ether or even a proper Titan life cycle is a problem in the long-run. Personally, I just think that the end of the cycle effectively made Blades immortal/not shackled to Drivers anymore, but that's just my mileage. Assuming the plot of the third game kicks off this way, however, I can see voluntary dimensional-traveling at work as a means of finding ONTOS, who is the only Aegis who might have some kind of link to the Conduit. This is while acknowledging that PNEUMA used up her powers to stop the Orbital Station from collapsing entirely on Alrest, and we know that Alvis and the Monado are still plenty powerful MacGuffins even without the Conduit's presence in Shulk's world. Going by that, I feel like KOS-MOS could play a major role in this game, dare I say their ticket to learning about how to access different universes? Bonus points for our third Aegis friend forming an Orange/Blue contrast with KOS-MOS.

Here's an alternative:
There were Xenoblade counterparts of Allen and Shion that created a version of KOS-MOS, much in the sense that Mega Man.EXE is analogous to the classic Mega Man, but of different-yet-similar time-lines. If we work on that logic, it's possible that KOS-MOS Re:'s data was used in the creation of one of Klaus' first core crystals, by converting her data into one as memorabilia for the scientists who created her. Perhaps Klaus knew these alternate versions and KOS-MOS is in ways an epitaph to them? Could be some pretty-neat world-building, although I'd love it if the flavor text is more text than flavor. The implications of her being the original and not an alternate version could pave the doorway to new possibilities.[/SPOILER]
First off

Would you mind maybe sending a screenshot of the sword and blade design you've said went unused? I'm simply just curious since I've never seen or heard of it before

Now secondly: Personally seeming as Vector is still invoked due to KOS-MOS awakening (then again, T-elos one ****s a bunch of Gargoyle Artifices with a pistol in hers...) I've always imagined KOS-MOS and T-elos in XBC2 were some sort of amalgamation of different broken core crystals put together through science and machinery and thus end up cybernetic and Vector in Alrest is either a government science team to one of the countries or reside on their own secret Titan. That way Poppi is still technically the first artificial blade while KOS-MOS and T-elos are still cybernetic and artificial but also mostly genuine blades that just so happen to be a cluster of other broken core crystals put back together, kind of being... Zombie Blades I guess? As we do know from early on in XBC2 Bana and Dughall we're talking about shattered core crystals and selling them off, as I honestly can't think of any other way why people would buy that unless it was for some sort of experiment like I'm suggesting KOS-MOS and T-elos were, then again I believe that was spoken about as it was a scam and even then seeming as they specifically mentioned "The blunderheads in Mor Adrain" quite sure some sort of government force from Mor Ardain would start looking into it regardless if they knew they were scammed or not. But I still think it's a neat idea regardless.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
First off

Would you mind maybe sending a screenshot of the sword and blade design you've said went unused? I'm simply just curious since I've never seen or heard of it before

"That way Poppi is still technically the first artificial blade while KOS-MOS and T-elos are still cybernetic and artificial but also mostly genuine blades that just so happen to be a cluster of other broken core crystals put back together, kind of being... Zombie Blades I guess?"
I believe "Franken-Blades" is a more appropriate term based on how you're describing them. Personally, I think it's weird that they're part of the Blade-and-Titan life-cycle (or at least these versions because Multiverse shenanigans).

Ontos_1.jpg

Ontos_2.jpg

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

Here's an alternative:
There were Xenoblade counterparts of Allen and Shion that created a version of KOS-MOS, much in the sense that Mega Man.EXE is analogous to the classic Mega Man, but of different-yet-similar time-lines. If we work on that logic, it's possible that KOS-MOS Re:'s data was used in the creation of one of Klaus' first core crystals, by converting her data into one as memorabilia for the scientists who created her. Perhaps Klaus knew these alternate versions and KOS-MOS is in ways an epitaph to them? Could be some pretty-neat world-building, although I'd love it if the flavor text is more text than flavor. The implications of her being the original and not an alternate version could pave the doorway to new possibilities.
So I looked at the pictures you provided and now I'm extremely interested if it's not
Alvis
and I really do like both these ideas. If there are counterparts of Allen and Shion that exist in Xenoblade how would we explain Astelle since she looks exactly like Shion but is Zeke's cousin lol. Anyway, I really do appreciate the insight on this as like I said I am treating it like a huge reveal. I'm just incredibly excited for the future of Xeno in general.

Also, I dont have a twitter account but .... googling smash KOS-MOS made me come across what appears to be a huge fan https://twitter.com/KyubeyGAIka

I just thought it was nice to see!

can someone recruit him here please

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
So I looked at the pictures you provided and now I'm extremely interested if it's not
Alvis
and I really do like both these ideas. If there are counterparts of Allen and Shion that exist in Xenoblade how would we explain Astelle since she looks exactly like Shion but is Zeke's cousin lol. Anyway, I really do appreciate the insight on this as like I said I am treating it like a huge reveal. I'm just incredibly excited for the future of Xeno in general.

Also, I dont have a twitter account but .... googling smash KOS-MOS made me come across what appears to be a huge fan https://twitter.com/KyubeyGAIka

I just thought it was nice to see!

can someone recruit him here please
To be fair, Astelle uses one of the generic Tantalese girl models, but with a pair of glasses. Likewise, Lora uses the same exact model in her flashbacks with Jin and Gort. Astelle is obviously a dead-ringer for Shion, but Occam's Razor suggests we should think of her as a version of the character if the side-quest treats itself as seriously as the main story. Besides, The Legend of Zelda has done far more absurd things with their mini-multiverse.

I'll contact 'em and see if they're interested.

Also, I hear Mythra is coming out on the 18th for some people. Meanwhile, I need to wait til the end of March. Boo! Boo, I say!

Rdt.Squid KPX

Smash Rookie
Hi, i was messaged via twitter a few hours ago to comment under this thread and join the KOS-MOS support group :3
So, here i am.
And yea, i want her :D

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Hi, i was messaged via twitter a few hours ago to comment under this thread and join the KOS-MOS support group :3
So, here i am.

It's so great of you to join us!!! Your twitter is amazing and it is very nice to see another huge fan.

I've been supporting KOS-MOS in smash for years and trying to gather as many fans that want her in smash as I can or just fans in general. Recently, I feel KOS-MOS is mentioned a lot more in smash speculation, especially on 4chan, gamefaqs, and even ResetEra and other popular sites. It's nice to see people recognizing that she's a great character. I am hoping that within the conversation she's been considered for smash by Nintendo but if she's not I know she will get in someday. KOS-MOS in general is becoming more popular and i'm sure her new figurine will be a huge hit.

Also, thanks to KarneraMythos KarneraMythos for getting another KOS-MOS fan to join the family.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

It's so great of you to join us!!! Your twitter is amazing and it is very nice to see another huge fan.

I've been supporting KOS-MOS in smash for years and trying to gather as many fans that want her in smash as I can or just fans in general. Recently, I feel KOS-MOS is mentioned a lot more in smash speculation, especially on 4chan, gamefaqs, and even ResetEra and other popular sites. It's nice to see people recognizing that she's a great character. I am hoping that within the conversation she's been considered for smash by Nintendo but if she's not I know she will get in someday. KOS-MOS in general is becoming more popular and i'm sure her new figurine will be a huge hit.

Also, thanks to KarneraMythos KarneraMythos for getting another KOS-MOS fan to join the family.
Not a problem! Feel free to let me know if you find anyone else outside of the forums that warrants adding. We already tried that with AceMos, but that doesn't mean we can't recruit others.

So, here i am.
Radiant Squid, if I may assume... Enjoy your stay here at the forums. Plenty of friendly people around here. Remember to have fun and don't be a stranger, kay? :D

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Not a problem! Feel free to let me know if you find anyone else outside of the forums that warrants adding. We already tried that with AceMos, but that doesn't mean we can't recruit others.

Yeah, I know quite a few people on gamefaqs are KOS-MOS fans. Also if we could get some kind of promotion on twitter for the thread I think that would be nice. I'm sadly not very good with social media stuff lol.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Yeah, I know quite a few people on gamefaqs are KOS-MOS fans. Also if we could get some kind of promotion on twitter for the thread I think that would be nice. I'm sadly not very good with social media stuff lol.
Welcome to my world, where getting any sort of attention of social media makes me feel like this image here:
0elKZSC.jpg

I'll ask my friend if I can promote this page on his KOS-post. He recently worked up a render with another modder and it looks crisp like Lynn's render.

Sites like these, ironically, are the best places to garner support anyway, unless you're some super popular twitter e-celeb. Even then, most of the e-celebs were the ones who were trying so hard to write off Xenoblade 2 to begin with, which is KOS-MOS' latest appearance and we all know how that goes.

There's reddit as well though, so that would be another place to garner support, although I'm unsure of how this site views that one. Hmmm...

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Welcome to my world, where getting any sort of attention of social media makes me feel like this image here:
View attachment 197280
I'll ask my friend if I can promote this page on his KOS-post. He recently worked up a render with another modder and it looks crisp like Lynn's render.

Sites like these, ironically, are the best places to garner support anyway, unless you're some super popular twitter e-celeb. Even then, most of the e-celebs were the ones who were trying so hard to write off Xenoblade 2 to begin with, which is KOS-MOS' latest appearance and we all know how that goes.

There's reddit as well though, so that would be another place to garner support, although I'm unsure of how this site views that one. Hmmm...
Nah, no need to feel that way haha. I just blame the fact that Nintendo already chose the fighters so there's not as much speculation anymore. It's not really exclusive to our thread but many people are bored out of their minds on gamefaqs, resetera, and much more. I do think your idea would be welcome for more promotion though! I tried a few places myself awhile back. I made a KOS-MOS poll on 4 chan and quite a few over gamefaqs. Sometimes KOS-MOS is brought up in the official smash Resetera thread too so I make arguments and points over there. We have quite a few supporters over there and the smash resetera discord too.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Alright, let's get crackin' with support then, shall we? First thing's first~ The guy I commissioned for KOS-MOS released a gameplay compilation. A fair reminder that the model is technically a "beta" as the modding community is waiting for a special MacGuffin that will allow for bone physics, material edits, single costume slots, proper voice and sfx edits, and more.

We now have a better idea of how our lady would like look in action. This is the closest approximation in Smash Bros yet! I hope you all enjoy the mod as much as I do, and hopefully Ultimate will become safe to tamper with in the near future, without worrying about bans!

I have linked this thread to both the screenshot post and the video in order to advertise and gather more support to our group. Let's hope for the best and see where this takes us. Impressively enough, she still remains ahead of the Shaggy mod I shared earlier, despite the latter's massive meme status.

EDIT: I figured posting the tweet would be enough, but I think it's equally appropriate to post the video included as well:

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Alright, let's get crackin' with support then, shall we? First thing's first~ The guy I commissioned for KOS-MOS released a gameplay compilation. A fair reminder that the model is technically a "beta" as the modding community is waiting for a special MacGuffin that will allow for bone physics, material edits, single costume slots, proper voice and sfx edits, and more.

We now have a better idea of how our lady would like look in action. This is the closest approximation in Smash Bros yet! I hope you all enjoy the mod as much as I do, and hopefully Ultimate will become safe to tamper with in the near future, without worrying about bans!

I have linked this thread to both the screenshot post and the video in order to advertise and gather more support to our group. Let's hope for the best and see where this takes us. Impressively enough, she still remains ahead of the Shaggy mod I shared earlier, despite the latter's massive meme status.

EDIT: I figured posting the tweet would be enough, but I think it's equally appropriate to post the video included as well:
That Render is indeed very fantastic. I'm just incredibly impressed how well done it is and if anything I really do hope the mod is popular! Honestly, I'd play the mod myself if I could but sadly I dont think I would know how haha. Anyway, this is actually fantastic news that the KOS-MOS mod has been received well! Seeing her modded with Zero Suit Samus's movement makes her look great, especially with the gun the modder gave her. I do envision her playing something like ZSS in smash at least.

Also, another thing I saw earlier was that 15 additional slots were discovered in world of light after Plant. I guess this can give us hope if there are more than 5 characters! https://twitter.com/_Mizumi/status/1105556358781419524 This definitely seems more realistic than the 30 slots we got as "placeholder"

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I believe "Franken-Blades" is a more appropriate term based on how you're describing them. Personally, I think it's weird that they're part of the Blade-and-Titan life-cycle (or at least these versions because Multiverse shenanigans).

Yeah, Franken-blade would be a way better description and name, makes it come off clearer than what I was saying.

Anyways, probably should've commented when I first actually saw you responded with them but I'm busy with a school life so it slipped my mind, looks great if you ask me. Hopefully Ontos will be shown in the future one day

As for that mod, looks really cool and I hope Ultimate's modding community only gets to increase in quality and with what they can do. Though I gotta say with the video perhaps editing her theme from one of the Xenosaga games or a track from Xenoblade 2 would've been more appropriate from Melee's intro but... who am I to judge?

That Render is indeed very fantastic. I'm just incredibly impressed how well done it is and if anything I really do hope the mod is popular! Honestly, I'd play the mod myself if I could but sadly I dont think I would know how haha. Anyway, this is actually fantastic news that the KOS-MOS mod has been received well! Seeing her modded with Zero Suit Samus's movement makes her look great, especially with the gun the modder gave her. I do envision her playing something like ZSS in smash at least.

Also, another thing I saw earlier was that 15 additional slots were discovered in world of light after Plant. I guess this can give us hope if there are more than 5 characters! https://twitter.com/_Mizumi/status/1105556358781419524 This definitely seems more realistic than the 30 slots we got as "placeholder"
So basically ten slots were removed, since as I think we could all guess fighter pass 1 will be taking slots 1-5 which would've left us with 25 but seeming as 10 were removed (only I think we could've actually realistically could've gotten since the switch's estimated support until the next console released/started to get worked on by the time Ultimate released wasn't/isn't for 8-9 years from now assuming one DLC wave takes one year and a few months (3-4) to finish and release) which means we're then left with only ten more fighters, assuming we don't get any more non-fighter pass fighters like plant, two more fighter passes, leaving us with a grand total, including echo fighters: 88 fighters in total. We would've gotten about a hundred if they didn't remove those extra slots but... all is fine. Though of course that is assuming we don't get any multi-fighters like Pokémon trainer and they're all considered one Fighter Pack despite being like... numbers #72-74 and we still get three more seperste fighters after them.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Damn, I might actually main ZSS if I had this skin.

(Well, if I ever get the motivation to figure out how to mod my Switch)

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Damn, I might actually main ZSS if I had this skin.

(Well, if I ever get the motivation to figure out how to mod my Switch)
Don't bother. Not yet, at least. Part of what makes Smash modding a product in its infancy are the consequences of getting caught, and how selective the hardware-modding process is compared to the Wii U. Back then, you just needed an SD card and loadiine to rev up those custom mods. On the Wii U's last legs, we had to block off the last firmware update and play our mods offline just to enjoy them. Doing something like that with the Switch hasn't been figured out yet, but if an exploit is ever found along with a hand tutorial, it may as well be worth your time checking out.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Don't bother. Not yet, at least. Part of what makes Smash modding a product in its infancy are the consequences of getting caught, and how selective the hardware-modding process is compared to the Wii U. Back then, you just needed an SD card and loadiine to rev up those custom mods. On the Wii U's last legs, we had to block off the last firmware update and play our mods offline just to enjoy them. Doing something like that with the Switch hasn't been figured out yet, but if an exploit is ever found along with a hand tutorial, it may as well be worth your time checking out.
Hmm, those are some fair points.

Yeah currently seems far more logical to just admire it from a safe distance. A very safe distance.

Dannio

Smash Cadet
NNID
Dannio0426
3DS FC
3239-8498-1348
Switch FC
SW 5897 9391 2885
KOS-MOS looks badass. I support.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533

That's one awesome looking mod ! I don't know how any of this works but i wish i did now ^^'

By the way, i'm in full support of KOS-MOS !

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

Hey, I'm still here! Just been updating the support list every chance I get.

I hope you all enjoyed the Joker reveal! Now we wait for the rest of the fighters. Sakurai really went all out in support of Joker. Like, HE REALLY wanted Joker in. Look at the number of songs Persona has.... and given that he loves persona so much... I've been thinking. Sakurai has nothing but praise for Xenoblade 2 but since Xenoblade 2 is already represented by spirits and it was too late for Rex to get in (mii costume)... there is really only one character Sakurai could possibly have rep Xeno and that's KOS-MOS. As the rarest blade in Xenoblade 2 and mascot of Xenosaga I think this is the best way because as we know, KOS-MOS was a big part of marketing Xenoblade 2. Her reveal got fans very interested even though it was a spoiler. The cameo made her very popular and enough to get T-ELOS relevant again and another possible line of KOS-MOS figurines.

Yeah, I'm mostly repeating the same points I always do but I think I can now envision it as realistic. If Sakurai thinks something is cool then he will get that character in smash. Given that he has nothing but praise for XB2.... maybe just maybe KOS-MOS will be chosen as the Xeno/Namco rep.

Until then... let's just remain hopeful!

Deleted User

Smash Rookie
KOS-MOS would be an awesome pick for DLC, and she has a real chance to make it in too! I absolutely support.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I don't think my heart would be able to handle KOS-MOS getting in especially if it means the Song of Nephilim or the Elsa could be in as stages. If it means she gets her classic costume too?? Oh baby. My friend would be over the moon.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
KOS-MOS looks badass. I support.
That's one awesome looking mod ! I don't know how any of this works but i wish i did now ^^'

By the way, i'm in full support of KOS-MOS !
KOS-MOS would be an awesome pick for DLC, and she has a real chance to make it in too! I absolutely support.
Eyyy new recruits! Pardon for the late response, but I am glad we have more supporters on the rise.

Hey, I'm still here! Just been updating the support list every chance I get.

I hope you all enjoyed the Joker reveal! Now we wait for the rest of the fighters. Sakurai really went all out in support of Joker. Like, HE REALLY wanted Joker in. Look at the number of songs Persona has.... and given that he loves persona so much... I've been thinking. Sakurai has nothing but praise for Xenoblade 2 but since Xenoblade 2 is already represented by spirits and it was too late for Rex to get in (mii costume)... there is really only one character Sakurai could possibly have rep Xeno and that's KOS-MOS. As the rarest blade in Xenoblade 2 and mascot of Xenosaga I think this is the best way because as we know, KOS-MOS was a big part of marketing Xenoblade 2. Her reveal got fans very interested even though it was a spoiler. The cameo made her very popular and enough to get T-ELOS relevant again and another possible line of KOS-MOS figurines.

Yeah, I'm mostly repeating the same points I always do but I think I can now envision it as realistic. If Sakurai thinks something is cool then he will get that character in smash. Given that he has nothing but praise for XB2.... maybe just maybe KOS-MOS will be chosen as the Xeno/Namco rep.

Until then... let's just remain hopeful!
Arrrrrg, the love and attention to detail in Joker's character pack is phenomenal. I was in cloud 9 when Mass Destruction was playing. Seeing stuff like that makes me super-hopeful that we see this level of passion and vigor for other fighters, in particular KOS-MOS. I can't imagine her not having anything...god-like.

[the crowd boos loudly]

I don't think my heart would be able to handle KOS-MOS getting in especially if it means the Song of Nephilim or the Elsa could be in as stages. If it means she gets her classic costume too?? Oh baby. My friend would be over the moon.
I'd be way past Pluto if that happens!

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
So, Sakurai's figure collection!

What are the chances Sakurai DOES NOT have one of these? https://myfigurecollection.net/entry/1871

Point is that KOS-MOS has many figures and also let's not forget KOS-MOS RE is getting a figure as well.

What could this mean? Anything really... it's just speculation but I know KOS-MOS is really popular figurines wise. Sakurai works at Bamco.... i'd really be shocked if he did not have one laying around. But..... Pyra/Mythra also have released figurines but they are spirits... hmmmm

Top Bottom