• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
The more I like at the Grinch leak I think see Kos Mos between above Pit and Diddy Kong. But maybe its Corrin but I dont know the character has long white hair. Kos Mos Im down for Kos Mos in smash ultimate she'll be radical I support her. Oh theres a rumor about Xenosaga coming to the Nintendo Switch and we'll have 2 echo's and 6 unique fighters the more I see Smash Ultimate Im happy even know I dont have Takamaru or Rayman but thats in the past.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Alright guys. I'm about to post about something I'd never though I would post on: a 4chan text leak that LaxChris covered (as you can see, I'm pretty desperate for Smash news).

But since the Chadendorf leak got all 7 of the banner characters, I guess there is a SMALL possibility.

Here's the basic rundown of the leak (In case you don't want to go to 4chan):
-This Thursday there will a 100 fact extravaganza
-9 characters will be revealed: the 7 in the Grinch leak, Skull Kid, and KOS-MOS
-5 stages (none for KOS-MOS)
-Boss Rush, Break The Targets (each character has their own stage), Smash Tour, and Smash Run all return
-2 story modes:
1. Spirits: Spirits is a streamlined way to unlock characters. You will fight against every single fighter and after defeating them, you unlock them.
2. World’s Collide: This is basically SSE Part 2. You start from where you left off in Brawl’s SSE, and you have all of the characters you have already unlocked on your team. From there, you continue the story, basically, Tabuu is back, and you fight all of the villains. This mode unlocks when you unlock all of the characters.

As "proof" the leaker says that:
-Lucas will be tomorrow's blog post (Monday)
-There will be an announcement Tuesday for the 100 facts on Thursday.

Take it with a HUGE grain of salt.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Alright guys. I'm about to post about something I'd never though I would post on: a 4chan text leak that LaxChris covered (as you can see, I'm pretty desperate for Smash news).

But since the Chadendorf leak got all 7 of the banner characters, I guess there is a SMALL possibility.

Here's the basic rundown of the leak (In case you don't want to go to 4chan):
-This Thursday there will a 100 fact extravaganza
-9 characters will be revealed: the 7 in the Grinch leak, Skull Kid, and KOS-MOS
-5 stages (none for KOS-MOS)
-Boss Rush, Break The Targets (each character has their own stage), Smash Tour, and Smash Run all return
-2 story modes:
1. Spirits: Spirits is a streamlined way to unlock characters. You will fight against every single fighter and after defeating them, you unlock them.
2. World’s Collide: This is basically SSE Part 2. You start from where you left off in Brawl’s SSE, and you have all of the characters you have already unlocked on your team. From there, you continue the story, basically, Tabuu is back, and you fight all of the villains. This mode unlocks when you unlock all of the characters.

As "proof" the leaker says that:
-Lucas will be tomorrow's blog post (Monday)
-There will be an announcement Tuesday for the 100 facts on Thursday.

Take it with a HUGE grain of salt.
Well tonight's post was Zero Suit Samus so toss another one into the trash. Also two story modes sounds completely unrealistic lmao.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Well tonight's post was Zero Suit Samus so toss another one into the trash. Also two story modes sounds completely unrealistic lmao.
Actually... not quite. The leak meant tomorrow night's (as in Monday night's) blog was Lucas.
The leak was posted today, so tomorrow does refer to... well tomorrow.
So we gotta wait another day to see if it's worth anything.
It's probably not, but hey you never know.

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Actually... not quite. The leak meant tomorrow night's (as in Monday night's) blog was Lucas.
The leak was posted today, so tomorrow does refer to... well tomorrow.
So we gotta wait another day to see if it's worth anything.
It's probably not, but hey you never know.
Ah yeah seems I jumped the gun, but I still wouldn't put any stock in it. Much as I would cry over seeing Shadow and KOS-MOS announced together, 9 newcomers in one Direct is beyond ridiculous.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Ah yeah seems I jumped the gun, but I still wouldn't put any stock in it. Much as I would cry over seeing Shadow and KOS-MOS announced together, 9 newcomers in one Direct is beyond ridiculous.
I mean the August direct was able to reveal 5 characters in about a half an hour, just double the time and you can fit double the characters! :bee:
If only it worked like that.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
I mean the August direct was able to reveal 5 characters in about a half an hour, just double the time and you can fit double the characters! :bee:
If only it worked like that.
A good point, I've observed how two Smash 4 presentations were almost 40 minutes long each and Nintendo knows damn well people always watch these things in full regardless of length.

Takasmash

Smash Ace
I could see Sakurai doing a hour long Smash Direct I mean c mon if the Grinch leak is real there so much stuff to talk about we know the confirm fighters but we need to know about the Spirits Mode and all the rest of the smash stuff including stages. And the 100 fact extravaganza makes so much sense to me.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
Practically made this account to support KOS-MOS (though I do have plans to enter other discussions) so add me to the list.

I HAD a personal pet theory that IF both the Xenosaga remake was coming and KOS MOS was in Smash, that they'd announce both in a General Direct, likely the former then the latter. Assuming the remake is on the Switch. If the Grinch leak turns out to be true, that somewhat puts a damper on it, bar it happening when and if she is announced as DLC.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Practically made this account to support KOS-MOS (though I do have plans to enter other discussions) so add me to the list.

I HAD a personal pet theory that IF both the Xenosaga remake was coming and KOS MOS was in Smash, that they'd announce both in a General Direct, likely the former then the latter. Assuming the remake is on the Switch. If the Grinch leak turns out to be true, that somewhat puts a damper on it, bar it happening when and if she is announced as DLC.
Yeah this is the most likely scenario. KOS-MOS has gotten extra exposure now thanks to the PZX games and of course Xenoblade 2, and I did read rumours about Xenosaga HD which would be a good way to get her games out again for the audience XC2 has created. Adding her in Smash would just be icing on the cake.

Wurmple for smash

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-3427-9374-2996
For anyone that cares, today's blog post was the living room stage, the 4chan leak is fake, sadly.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!
So does T-elos fight like KOS-MOS Xenosaga III? My only familiarity with the two are in Xenoblade 2 and neither one share a weapon type.

Super Bario

Smash Cadet
So does T-elos fight like KOS-MOS Xenosaga III? My only familiarity with the two are in Xenoblade 2 and neither one share a weapon type.
Short answer is yes. Or at the very least they have more in common then Samus and Dark Samus do.

T-elos and KOS-MOS both have pistols, gatlin guns and super strength among other similarities. The only thing I'm not sure about is if T-elos can turn her arms into weapons like KOS-MOS can.
(I've only played it recently though and I don't remember everything.)

Last edited:

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
As Super Bario stated above, the answer is "Yes, more or less."

KOS-MOS and T-elos have very similar arsenals in Xenosaga by design, as T-elos is presented as ostensibly KOS-MOS 2.0: The same but better. The primary difference lies in how they choose to act and fight. T-elos is exceptionally vain, and her fighting style displays this, preferring to engage in the "dialogue" of combat by asserting her superiority, favoring an extremely aggressive style intent on utterly crushing her foes, rather than merely defeating them. Meanwhile, KOS-MOS's style is more matter-of-fact, with a priority on defense/protection, and she aims to finish fights as efficiently as possible, very much like the unfeeling machine she's purported to be.

As to whether or not T-elos can change her limbs into weapons like KOS-MOS can... I don't believe it is ever explicitly stated or shown that she can, and I'm inclined to believe she does not have that capacity. The main reason being that KOS-MOS is physically of an entirely synthetic make, while T-elos is primarily organic.

Things do change a fair bit in the crossover games though, as they were intentionally given more visually distinct styles, as well as two unique weapons: Dragon Fang for KOS-MOS, and Echidna for T-elos. Technically, Dragon Fang did exist within the Xenosaga series, though it was only used in Episode II by KOS-MOS v2, making the variant shown in crossover games new additions, while T-elos's scythe Echidna does not appear in Xenosaga.

Now, if your question is in regards to whether or not T-elos could be made as a KOS-MOS echo? Definitely. They have enough similarities that you can largely gloss over the aspects of KOS-MOS's skills that T-elos wouldn't have access to. And if you wanted her to be an echo while *also* being faithful, the adjustments necessary for that would be quite minimal: Swap out Dragon Fang for Echidna (similar to Dark Pit's different side B), set T-elos's Final Smash to U-Teneritas, and if you really wanted to go that little extra, change the down-throw animation to resemble T-Scylla, and adjust her idle animation to something more haughty. At that point, she'd still be an echo, still be 85-90% KOS-MOS abilities, but feel distinctly like T-elos.

Last edited:

Natlo

Smash Cadet
I'm somewhat reminded of something I noticed during the cutscenes way back when I played Xenosaga III. Anytime KOS-MOS v3 (and sometimes v4) clashed in the air, it ended poorly for her, but she actually got some good hits in when she could use the ground for leverage. I kept shouting "stop jumping, it does not help" at the screen. Perhaps, give T-elos some property changes to give her more air dominance.

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
So, we found some last minute stuff on the banner leak, for those that don't want potential spoilers don't look inside

image0.jpg

KOS-MOS has potentially been found on the banner leak! Don't know why it took so long but it did, she's right above Ken, Diddy Kong and Pit have been moved diagonally left behind Ken and Shiek has been moved diagonally down left to Yoshi, so she's right next to Yoshi who was moved in front of Ken and under KOS-MOS, and KOS-MOS is above Yoshi and Ken. Of course though there is a possibility our eyes are being tricked and it's just the cloud formation, but there's a higher chance its KOS-MOS since why would those characters need to be moved from their top positions?

Further more this lines up with the OG corocoro leak of 108 stages in total.

As we have seen with Simon and Richter echos and original fighters can share home stages, so no new Street Fighter stage.

Shadow will get Windy Hill Zone, so no new Sonic stage.

So far with the echo fighters we have 103 stages still.

Now with the original fighters...

Seeming as there are plenty of Mario stages without characters tied with them yet and this one stage is tied heavily with the RPG spin-offs of Mario, Geno will probably get the Paper Mario stage, so no Super Mario RPG inspired stage so we're still at 103.

Thus we're left with the unrepresented series: Banjo and Kazooie = 1 new stage, Mach Rider = 1 new stage, Rythm Heaven (Chorus Kids) = 1 new Stage, Golden Sun (Issac) = 1 new stage, and Xenosaga (KOS-MOS) = 1 new stage. Even then if KOS-MOS was counted as Xenoblade rep she'd get a new stage regardless as we haven't seen same unique fighters sharing the same stage.

With all this information... we have the five characters needed to bump that 103 stage count to the 108 corocoro leaked to us, it makes sense as well as of course, unrepresented series require brand new stages than existing ones that don't tie to their series.

This is the end of these spoilers, feel free to spread and share it around if you want just don't go too crazy and ruin the direct tomorrow for people.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
DLC it is. No namco rep in base game is big for her chances. Also, Rex & Pyra are destroyed and are a Mii outfit. This is KOS-MOS's best timeline. Please support her everyone. I aim to work hard for this no matter what it takes.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Well Elma still is competition though.
If we look at it like this though: Elma was more likely for the base game. Her cameo in XB2 was too late for considered dlc, IMO. Elma was speculated ever since Sakurai bought that gundam for his work but she's not here. I didn't see her as a spirit or assist trophy but I think that's the only good thing going for her right now. While I certainly think Elma can still get in, I feel that if they didn't include Rex & Pyra as a fighter then Elma's chances might be very low. The reason I feel KOS-MOS has it over Elma is because she was launch Xenoblade 2 content, marketed as Xenoblade 2 content, and she even has new artwork in Torna which means she's still relevant. We have that scale figure releasing, and now we know that there is no Namco newcomer in the base launch roster. If we put things together then I think Elma isn't competition and neither is Lloyd. My main worry is not all spirits were shown and KOS-MOS and Elma are probably spirits. It's a cruel fate.. I mean look at Geno. We are going to have to see but I think Elma's chances have been lowered significantly.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
My main worry is not all spirits were shown and KOS-MOS and Elma are probably spirits. It's a cruel fate.. I mean look at Geno. We are going to have to see but I think Elma's chances have been lowered significantly.
I believe someone found Spirits of Kirby and Wii Fit Trainer somewhere, so it’s not all that bad. :)

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Y'know, now I feel like an idiot for believing that banner leak stuff.

Though I gotta wonder... HOW did they do it?

Graizen

Smash Champion
Never lose Hope! Your character can be a DLC! Fight for it!

Im fighting for Agumon as well!

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
If he cut out Elma out of this, Kos-Mos now srsly has a chance to make the cut as DLC :D

I am hoping that at least she makes it in since Isaac couldn't. I will keep supporting her until we finally see what will happen to her!

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... that direct was... I'ma go with disappointing. Incineroar looks far more interesting than I expected, and World of Light was a definite highlight that I'm looking forward to... but Spirits in general kinda fell flat. Maybe I'll like them more when I'm playing the game, I suppose.

I also feel a little offended on behalf of the Isaac/Skull Kid/Shadow fans as well; there was no reason to string them along right up to the end. Seemed much like they were being maliciously pranked for the heck of it... but that's a bit off topic.

In any case, Lynn did a thing again, this time to channel some of that energy into those DLC cards making the rounds. Hopefully it becomes of use in our campaign.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Hmm... that direct was... I'ma go with disappointing. Incineroar looks far more interesting than I expected, and World of Light was a definite highlight that I'm looking forward to... but Spirits in general kinda fell flat. Maybe I'll like them more when I'm playing the game, I suppose.

I also feel a little offended on behalf of the Isaac/Skull Kid/Shadow fans as well; there was no reason to string them along right up to the end. Seemed much like they were being maliciously pranked for the heck of it... but that's a bit off topic.

In any case, Lynn did a thing again, this time to channel some of that energy into those DLC cards making the rounds. Hopefully it becomes of use in our campaign.

You're really good at this. Of course we will make use of this for the campaign! Thanks for making this. I think the blend of colours is very nice and the artwork is very eye catching, not to mention the glow effect you used for her eye. Fantastic work!

Edit: added to the OP

Last edited:

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
Our girl has a good shot at DLC, with her still being a top candidate for a new Namco rep and the obvious desire for more Xeno content. Keep those fingers crossed my friends.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Kinda-sorta new to the site [clears throat and points to info beneath avatar] but I am definitely not new to forum communities. I've been around since the Brawl days, particularly in IGN, Smashpower, and recently gamefaqs (though I'm in a similar situation there as I am here). I recognize Dinah from Gamefaqs. You're not gonna know me here, but if you recall a user by the name of "TomorrowsArchon" over there, then I am that guy.

Now that I got through my introduction, I figured I would make my presence here like I do in gamefaqs, so what better way to start than to sign up for the list of KOS-MOS supporters? I was certain Rex would make it as a DLC character, hence why I didn't bother focusing on him as much. Now that he's basically dead for Smash for...literally ever, I figured my attention stays exclusively to KOS-MOS. What better way to rep the Xeno name than Namco's favorite daughter?

Aside from wanting her in the DLC line-up, I hope the rumors of a Xenosaga trilogy remaster are real, because I'd love to get into the series. I grew up with barely any library of games aside from the occasional garbage that are licensed games. Even with the introduction of the Devil May Cry series and Shin Megami Tensei, I never got to play those games until much later. As such, I not only want KOS-MOS in Smash to celebrate her history in gaming, but also to push interest in those remasters.

As I have said on gamefaqs once, I have an affinity toward robots. I grew up on Mega Man III and it remains my favorite childhood video game of all time.

Last edited:

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
TomorrowsArchon you say? Though I myself merely lurk Gamefaqs, I do try to keep tabs on the growing KOS-MOS support there, and can say that I for one recognize the name. I actually had been contemplating reaching out to you and a few others through DMs, but have neglected to do so primarily to not make a nuisance of myself.

I may have to bite the bullet on that (miss every shot you don't take, as it were), but in the meantime, the support is much appreciated.

(Artwork by Jinnimala)

In other news, though they have not posted here as of yet, NineS has declared support for KOS-MOS in the Smash Ultimate Discussion thread.

Our numbers grow.

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
TomorrowsArchon you say? Though I myself merely lurk Gamefaqs, I do try to keep tabs on the growing KOS-MOS support there, and can say that I for one recognize the name. I actually had been contemplating reaching out to you and a few others through DMs, but have neglected to do so primarily to not make a nuisance of myself.

I may have to bite the bullet on that (miss every shot you don't take, as it were), but in the meantime, the support is much appreciated.

In other news, though they have not posted here as of yet, NineS has declared support for KOS-MOS in the Smash Ultimate Discussion thread.

Our numbers grow.
I just came to say that this artwork of KOS-MOS made my jaw drop the first second I glanced at it. Mad props to the artist that drew this. This is just breathtakingly amazing quality here.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

(Artwork by Jinnimala)

Our numbers grow.
Why is KOS-MOS art so based?

Heh, not to worry. DMs are actually a welcome surprise. Not because they're rare, but because they often signify that the recipient is worth another person's time. Plus, it's a neat way to make friends too. Everyone has to start somewhere after all!...

(Sayeth the introvert here...)

In other news, as I'm sure there's at least a handful of people who lurk in /v/ as well, I've seen KOS-MOS support over there too. Being relatively new to the bandwagon though, I'm not sure if it was always this big, or if it's grown since the Brawl days. Worst-case scenario, I'll settle for commissioning someone to mod her over a character if she's completely absent from the player roster, but let's not dabble on that, eh? I have a personal prediction of what she might look like if she were to make it into Smash. Take what Sakurai did with Roy and do the same with KOS-MOS by combining features from her V1 look and the RE version in Xenoblade 2. Do away with the core crystal in her chest so that she isn't her Blade incarnation in Smash, but keep enough from the aesthetics that you can tie in both the Xenosaga trilogy and Xenoblade 2. A way of killing two birds with one stone, really.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Kinda-sorta new to the site [clears throat and points to info beneath avatar] but I am definitely not new to forum communities. I've been around since the Brawl days, particularly in IGN, Smashpower, and recently gamefaqs (though I'm in a similar situation there as I am here). I recognize Dinah from Gamefaqs. You're not gonna know me here, but if you recall a user by the name of "TomorrowsArchon" over there, then I am that guy.

Now that I got through my introduction, I figured I would make my presence here like I do in gamefaqs, so what better way to start than to sign up for the list of KOS-MOS supporters? I was certain Rex would make it as a DLC character, hence why I didn't bother focusing on him as much. Now that he's basically dead for Smash for...literally ever, I figured my attention stays exclusively to KOS-MOS. What better way to rep the Xeno name than Namco's favorite daughter?

Aside from wanting her in the DLC line-up, I hope the rumors of a Xenosaga trilogy remaster are real, because I'd love to get into the series. I grew up with barely any library of games aside from the occasional garbage that are licensed games. Even with the introduction of the Devil May Cry series and Shin Megami Tensei, I never got to play those games until much later. As such, I not only want KOS-MOS in Smash to celebrate her history in gaming, but also to push interest in those remasters.

As I have said on gamefaqs once, I have an affinity toward robots. I grew up on Mega Man III and it remains my favorite childhood video game of all time.
Hey! Thanks for supporting on here as well! I'm glad that this support thread made you find a reason to support KOS-MOS! I have considered messaging you about this on gamefaqs but totally forgot haha. Glad to have you with us.

And yes, to address your second point, KOS-MOS has a fanbase on 4chan for sure. I think during the whole smash discussion era she's become popular on there and there were a bunch of fake leaks about her. Sadly, none of those leaks are likely real but it was still good for her promotion. Sometimes I think I'm the only KOS-MOS diehard fan on the planet but clearly I was wrong.

In other news, Sakurai has stated the dlc roster is complete and Nintendo picked every character and forwarded them to Sakurai. How should we feel about this regarding KOS-MOS's chances? I wont lie that it is a little discouraging but KOS-MOS still has a chance, imo. If we look at how she was marketed for Xenoblade 2, for example she definitely became popular and we know Rex is a mii costume. However, there is one thing that's bothering me. Would Nintendo suggest KOS-MOS as a Namco representative or Xenoblade representative? We have no Namco reps that are new in the base game and maybe one Xenoblade spot for dlc based on Sakurai's love for the franchise. It's a bit rough to think about. If Rex is a mii costume because XB2 was released too late in time for dlc then would KOS-MOS suffer the same fate? Would she even be relevant if Xenoblade 2 was late? I mean there are her crossovers for sure but now that Nintendo had the say and Sakurai the final say.... it's looking a bit grim.

But to not lose hope, Soraya Saga did retweet Sakurai's tweet. It's PROBABLY nothing but I'm desperately trying to hang on to the hopes I have left. Since the dlc roster is finished already then we can only pray that KOS-MOS gets a spot.

Source (s): https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1059958604818657282 https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1059958663316615168

Saga's retweet: https://twitter.com/sorayasaga?lang=en

Also, that art of KOS-MOS above is beautiful.

TyrantLizardKing

Smash Lord
However, there is one thing that's bothering me. Would Nintendo suggest KOS-MOS as a Namco representative or Xenoblade representative?
I don't see why she can't act as both, being more well-known now thanks to games like Xeno 2 and the PXZ series, on top of the rumoured Xenosaga HD Trilogy. Even if she is classified as a Xenosaga rep with the Zohar series logo she is still tied to Xenoblade at the end of the day.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Hey! Thanks for supporting on here as well! I'm glad that this support thread made you find a reason to support KOS-MOS! I have considered messaging you about this on gamefaqs but totally forgot haha. Glad to have you with us.
Honestly, I think I'm getting tired of Gamefaqs...Not that there isn't some negativity here either, but every day it's some stupid thread over there along with a ton of virtue-signaling and it's tiring (plus, the interface over here is much nicer).

And yes, to address your second point, KOS-MOS has a fanbase on 4chan for sure. I think during the whole smash discussion era she's become popular on there and there were a bunch of fake leaks about her. Sadly, none of those leaks are likely real but it was still good for her promotion. Sometimes I think I'm the only KOS-MOS diehard fan on the planet but clearly I was wrong.
Half of me thinks her support over there is genuine, but the other half thinks that all of the recent posts involving her are secretly placed to mock her supporters. Then again, given 4chan's contrarian attitude, it isn't inherently malicious either. Case in point, /vp/ (and /v/ as well?) adores Poke'mon Black & White while the rest of the world seems to hate the fifth generation with the burning passion of a thousand suns. I stand firmly on their side in that regard, because **** the contrarian argument! Gen 5 was and STILL IS the best!

The best part about KOS-MOS supporters over there? Haven't ran into one that's insufferable and elitist about their picks either. Most other supporters act like snooty relevancy-snobs who berate others for making any kind of court case for their most-wanted. If you still recall, I was on #TeamFence during the Grinch Leak and wanted other people's characters to be playable because seeing people happy getting what they want is a great thing, rather than getting something because it's known by grandma and grandpa, or because it's cash-money. There are cases where cool characters overlap with being mainstream, but they're either in Smash already, deconfirmed, or just not in the cards.

In other news, Sakurai has stated the dlc roster is complete and Nintendo picked every character and forwarded them to Sakurai. How should we feel about this regarding KOS-MOS's chances? I wont lie that it is a little discouraging but KOS-MOS still has a chance, imo. If we look at how she was marketed for Xenoblade 2, for example she definitely became popular and we know Rex is a mii costume. However, there is one thing that's bothering me. Would Nintendo suggest KOS-MOS as a Namco representative or Xenoblade representative? We have no Namco reps that are new in the base game and maybe one Xenoblade spot for dlc based on Sakurai's love for the franchise. It's a bit rough to think about. If Rex is a mii costume because XB2 was released too late in time for dlc then would KOS-MOS suffer the same fate? Would she even be relevant if Xenoblade 2 was late? I mean there are her crossovers for sure but now that Nintendo had the say and Sakurai the final say.... it's looking a bit grim.
KOS-MOS would likely appear with her V1 look and her V4 appearance as an alternate outfit. Those are her most iconic looks imo. As I've said before though, they could incorporate a bit of her Xenoblade look as well. The key advantage she has over Rex is that she's an established gaming icon already, so promo art of her could have been done way earlier given how she's essentially his senior. I think her odds are better than Rex and Elma's at the moment because she's kind of an undying mascot at this point. Some detractors would call her The Artifact given that she hasn't had a major role in anything outside of two crossovers in the past decade, but that's hardly even a strike against her. If we were to act even a little like she's shilled to some extent, we'd be nitpicking way too hard. She's a very modest example of a guest character in terms of how often she appears and just the sort of character design that she is. She's extremely easy on the eyes, whether it's for her beauty, her aesthetics, her "Ghost in the Shell" esque feel, how nostalgic her designs feel despite being a character from the 00's and up, etc. She hits all the right notes, which makes her hardly offensive.

But to not lose hope, Soraya Saga did retweet Sakurai's tweet. It's PROBABLY nothing but I'm desperately trying to hang on to the hopes I have left. Since the dlc roster is finished already then we can only pray that KOS-MOS gets a spot.
If her games are ported to the Switch, I can see it tie in with her inclusion to push support for the re-release of her games. People argue about sales and what have you, but there are plenty of "LITERALLY WHO?"s throughout Smash that people bought into eventually at some point in their lives. Niche characters and cult favorites are beneficial to the market. Hell, how else did Fire Emblem become big (and notorious) to this day? Sometimes, people forget that, and I'm well aware of Xenosaga's status with detractors who've played the games, but those games and by extension KOS-MOS still mean something. Hopefully, they will mean more if both things happen, and not have the opposite effect with newer players. Let's keep an eye out on Choco too, since they're one of the key artists responsible for Xenosaga.

NavoMan

Smash Rookie
I made a Smashboards account just to support this thread. For me, Kos-Mos was kinda in the back of my mind as a possible Smash character. She was always there, but I never thought it was possible. Today I watched a video by the YouTuber, PapaGenos, and it was about some leak news regarding Hitagi. For those who don't keep up with this, Hitagi is one of the more creditable leakers who seems to have sources in high places. According to Hitagi, one of the five DLC characters is a Bandai x Namco rep. While this could mean any character from the company, I'm holding onto the possibility that it could be Kos-Mos. Also, has anyone found any interesting news regarding Kos-Mos? I would like to hear about it even if it's fake news honestly.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I made a Smashboards account just to support this thread. For me, Kos-Mos was kinda in the back of my mind as a possible Smash character. She was always there, but I never thought it was possible. Today I watched a video by the YouTuber, PapaGenos, and it was about some leak news regarding Hitagi. For those who don't keep up with this, Hitagi is one of the more creditable leakers who seems to have sources in high places. According to Hitagi, one of the five DLC characters is a Bandai x Namco rep. While this could mean any character from the company, I'm holding onto the possibility that it could be Kos-Mos. Also, has anyone found any interesting news regarding Kos-Mos? I would like to hear about it even if it's fake news honestly.
If I had any news, I'd post it here. You even beat me to one of them: the Bandai-Namco rep.

Top Bottom