• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well...considering the fact that he only recently made a twitter (start of the new decade.) and the fact that we don't know if he's gotten past information correct I'm starting to believe this dude is full of **** and is just another fake KOS-MOS leaker troll/hater to try and pull is into his sick joke... :/
it says he joined in April 2018 tho... which is suspicious in itself

maybe he deleted his tweets from before the 1st?

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I had a dream last night that Saber from Fate was datamined to be Fighter 5 and that the entire fandom was debating whether she was a good pick or not. Weirdly in the dream she was also a real person and we were going on holiday together??

Regarding the leak I'm very wary of Twitter users without a trusted history, there's been 'leakers' in the past where it's turned out they just deleted wrong predictions and kept correct ones to look like an insider.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I had a dream last night that Saber from Fate was datamined to be Fighter 5 and that the entire fandom was debating whether she was a good pick or not. Weirdly in the dream she was also a real person and we were going on holiday together?
*drinks from her cup of milk tea*

Not wanting to hope "JUST LIKE THAT"or anything....

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I had a dream last night that Saber from Fate was datamined to be Fighter 5 and that the entire fandom was debating whether she was a good pick or not. Weirdly in the dream she was also a real person and we were going on holiday together??

Regarding the leak I'm very wary of Twitter users without a trusted history, there's been 'leakers' in the past where it's turned out they just deleted wrong predictions and kept correct ones to look like an insider.
Oh boy... I'd pop off really hard if we get Artoria as a playable character some time in the future, whether she's Fighter #5 or not. The idea of Type-Moon in Smash with the likes of Mario, Link, Ryu, Mega Man, Sonic, Terry, Joker, Snake, etc. is just so ****ing bonkers. Plus, I love Takeuchi's art style, which is an extremely unpopular opinion as of late, at least in terms of his recent stuff.

Any who... This dude didn't technically hint at KOS-MOS because we don't know who "Abel" is referring to, but the moment he mentions her as the next fighter is the moment we report his ass to twitter and get his account removed for trying to pull the same stupid stunt that every troll leaker has done so far. I'm sick of this Boy-Who-Cried-Wolf charade. Maybe that'll get the message across.

Last edited:

the unholy Grail

Smash Apprentice
Oh boy... I'd pop off really hard if we get Artoria as a playable character some time in the future, whether she's Fighter #5 or not. The idea of Type-Moon in Smash with the likes of Mario, Link, Ryu, Mega Man, Sonic, Terry, Joker, Snake, etc. is just so ****ing bonkers. Plus, I love Takeuchi's art style, which is an extremely unpopular opinion as of late, at least in terms of his recent stuff.

Any who... This dude didn't technically hint at KOS-MOS because we don't know who "Abel" is referring to, but the moment he mentions her as the next fighter is the moment we report his ass to twitter and get his account removed for trying to pull the same stupid stunt that every troll leaker has done so far. I'm sick of this Boy-Who-Cried-Wolf charade. Maybe that'll get the message across.
His twitter has been nothing but "its KOS-MOS." talk lately.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There was a problem fetching the tweet
24 hours later...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
yeah im starting to doubt this

Natlo

Smash Cadet
A: I call bull.

B: Abel is a semi important character in saga. I think the name comes up in gears, but that's not quite as relevant to KOS-MOS. He's introduced in the third game. He makes a brief appearance in the first game, but he, and Abel's Ark (which you may remember as one of the recurrent suggestions for a Xeno stage) are primarily relevant in 3.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
And here I was about to start watching Fate and I see this. Also the characters being in your dreams as real people is also crazy having had them so many times.
I swear I think those dreams are secretly insults from higher planes of existence, mocking us all.

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
I...think so? I've mentioned beforehand that I have not played through the series before, so don't take my word as gospel for anything. I'll always put up a disclaimer for those things. As far as the name familiarity goes, the only character that comes to mind is Albedo, which sounds sorta like Abel. Or maybe there is an Abel. I can't remember.
I don't believe that "leak" but there is actually an Xenosaga character named Abel. Who in all tenses and purposes: is a work-around so Monolith could kinda use Fei in Xenosaga. Since the kid has the same exact design as kid Fei from Xenogears. Similar case with Nephilim Verum basically being Elly aka Elehayym Van Houten from Xenogears... just also as a kid.

That said I repeat myself: I don't believe that, don't believe much leaks anymore seeming as now Fake Leakers are attacking Metroid Prime 4... and well, as a Metroid and fan of Sylux... kinda hate that. That said I saw support for Saber Artoria and... I see like-minded people who also probably enjoy the Saber Support Thread if only it were more active that said I'm still laughing that we're getting a visual novel cooking game switch exclusive of Cooking With The Emiya Family.

Shirou about to do the impossible and have Saber cook her own food.

Also

When you can buy gears digitally but not any of the saga games... although its limited to the PS3, PSP, and PSVita

Last edited:

PurpleXCompleX

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PurpleXCompleX
Some of you are acting like as if every Smash DLC needs to have the requirement that its going to be included for the sole purpose of advertising a product or franchise.

I think KOS-MOS is a great candidate for adding something rather unique and fresh to Smash. (More Sci-Fi themes and her great moveset potential)
At its core, thats what DLC is for anyways, ... to enhance and expand a game. (well and for monetary reasons).

And who knows, maybe it will traction a lot of interest and demand for the Xenosaga franchise and could possibly lead to ports and sequels.
(It worked for Fire Emblem. It got people to get introduced to a variety of Franchises they werent aware of. People found out about King of Fighters.
You get the idea.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Some of you are acting like as if every Smash DLC needs to have the requirement that its going to be included for the sole purpose of advertising a product or franchise.

I think KOS-MOS is a great candidate for adding something rather unique and fresh to Smash. (More Sci-Fi themes and her great moveset potential)
At its core, thats what DLC is for anyways, ... to enhance and expand a game. (well and for monetary reasons).

And who knows, maybe it will traction a lot of interest and demand for the Xenosaga franchise and could possibly lead to ports and sequels.
(It worked for Fire Emblem. It got people to get introduced to a variety of Franchises they werent aware of. People found out about King of Fighters.
You get the idea.)
Then again, adding a character for the sake of advertisement isn't always a good point; case in point, PSABR.

Perhaps the same could be said of other franchises in the game (Persona, Xenoblade, Dragon Quest, etc.)

D

Deleted member

So people are listening to a random Twitter now? Even I could have made that twitter.

Prince777

REIMU AND KOS-MOS FOR SMASH!
NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722
Why bother giving him the time of day then?
We weren't giving that Twitter Leaker any time of day. We we're simply having a brief discussion about it to see what it might lead to. Be mindful that there was a stigma of skepticism that crowded us as we shared and discussed his posts.

Also, I've noticed that you've been very pessimistic towards us and KOS-MOS's inclusion since I've noticed you on this board a few weeks back.
Why are you so negative on this thread?

D

Deleted member

We weren't giving that Twitter Leaker any time of day. We we're simply having a brief discussion about it to see what it might lead to. Be mindful that there was a stigma of skepticism that crowded us as we shared and discussed his posts.

Also, I've noticed that you've been very pessimistic towards us and KOS-MOS's inclusion since I've noticed you on this board a few weeks back.
Why are you so negative on this thread?
I think it’s a lost cause but it’s entertaining seeing what pops up, besides I don’t take it seriously at all.

Prince777

REIMU AND KOS-MOS FOR SMASH!
NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722
I think it’s a lost cause but it’s entertaining seeing what pops up, besides I don’t take it seriously at all.
But your posts have been very immature and blatantly against KOS-MOS.
And how exactly is it loss cause? Her inclusion is justified through a myriad of reasons shared daily here.
Even in spite of some minor "drawbacks", her chances are greater than most.

Better yet, if she's a loss cause according to you, I'm surprised to see you stalk and reply to the thread at all.

Ironically, you're more active than some of her supporters.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
I still feel Kos-Mos could be possible at the long term.
This is super important to keep in mind. Fighter 5 isn't make or break, guys. I'm done with listening to leakers, but as far as I'm concerned, there's no such thing as bad exposure. The more people are talking about KOS-MOS, the more demand for her will rise. We need to play the long game.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
This is super important to keep in mind. Fighter 5 isn't make or break, guys. I'm done with listening to leakers, but as far as I'm concerned, there's no such thing as bad exposure. The more people are talking about KOS-MOS, the more demand for her will rise. We need to play the long game.
Exactly! All fanbases of the characters who has not yet been deconfirmed need to play the long game.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Just wondering.
If KOS-MOS is FP5, will she have the same logo as Shulk?
Both Xeno series, but not both XenoBLADE.

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering.
If KOS-MOS is FP5, will she have the same logo as Shulk?
Both Xeno series, but not both XenoBLADE.
Given Shulk is part of the "Xenoblade" series in Smash, KOS-MOS would have a separate one purely for being part of "Xenosaga" since sure, they're both from the "Xeno" games, but they're separate franchises outright. That is, unless they count her as a Xenoblade character for whatever reason, but that'd be out there, IMO.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Given Shulk is part of the "Xenoblade" series in Smash, KOS-MOS would have a separate one purely for being part of "Xenosaga" since sure, they're both from the "Xeno" games, but they're separate franchises outright. That is, unless they count her as a Xenoblade character for whatever reason, but that'd be out there, IMO.
That puts me in a pickle, as I said that I'd crush an egg on my forehead if a Nintendo character is FP5.
KOS-MOS is in the same half-Nintendo boat as Geno.
Since Geno has the mushroom logo, I doubt KOS-MOS would be granted a special logo.
Mario is just such a huge series that DK, Yoshi, and WarioWare all get separate logos.

Edit: Probably more comparable, the Persona costumes use the P5 logo despite not being from Persona 5.
So likewise, I don't think Nintendo will separate the Xenoblade and Xenosaga subseries like the Mario universe is. It's simply too small of a series.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Here's to a Direct getting announced tomorrow (in my time at least)

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
That puts me in a pickle, as I said that I'd crush an egg on my forehead if a Nintendo character is FP5.
KOS-MOS is in the same half-Nintendo boat as Geno.
Since Geno has the mushroom logo, I doubt KOS-MOS would be granted a special logo.
Mario is just such a huge series that DK, Yoshi, and WarioWare all get separate logos.

Edit: Probably more comparable, the Persona costumes use the P5 logo despite not being from Persona 5.
So likewise, I don't think Nintendo will separate the Xenoblade and Xenosaga subseries like the Mario universe is. It's simply too small of a series.
Except that your example doesn't apply to KOS-MOS in the least. It's false equivalency my guy. Things to consider:
- She has seniority over Shulk, and represents an older subset of the "Xeno" franchise. They're not even from the same setting.
- Characters like Donkey Kong, Wario, and Yoshi have their own unique symbols despite sharing a universe with Mario and friends.
- Joker's insignia is irrelevant in the context of Persona, since they all have unique symbolism in each one. For example, Aigis would have a S.E.E.S. logo.

We have yet to see a case where an older character was added after a newblood, but there is no reason for the veteran to assume the newblood's logo. That would be like introducing Mario after Rosalina and giving him the Luma logo just because she (hypothetically speaking) had it since her introduction. Another thing you're wrong about as well: Bandai-Namco owns KOS-MOS, not Monolith Soft. It's not a joint ownership deal like with Geno.

Last edited:

scoobymcsnack

Smash Journeyman
Hardly know anything about Xenosaga other than KOS-MOS and it's loose connection to Xenoblade, but KOS-MOS seems pretty cool, especially with those gigantic guns lol.

She has my support!

Top Bottom