• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Vengar

Smash Rookie
I also called Hero and Banjo many months in advance but people didn't believe me then. But thats ok, Doom Slayer will shut them up once and for all when he becomes 6th.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
As much as I would love Xenosaga HD to be announced tonight, I keeping my expectations tempered to non-existent given that as I understand it they do limited reveals during TGA. Nintendo having one for Smash, hypothetically BotW 2 AND Xenosaga might be a bit much.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I mean, a real leaker with actual info wouldn't say "oh it is either this or this" for the final Smash. C'mon.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
also what is a stance character?
Typically, when a person refers to stances in a game, typically a fighting game, it refers to a character with multiple states from which they can pull off different moves. Technically the morphing characters are stance swappers, which is a hit against this claim of her being the first stance character, though some may imply that a stance needs to be swapped by an offensive move.

Think like if you were holding a sword. If you held it high, you could perform an overhead strike, if you held it low, you couldn't do that, but you could more easily thrust for a person's belly.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
Removing that KOS-MOS mod now of all times is the strangest thing. Even if it means nothing the timing of it certainly makes it feel like something. I'll just wait and see. Getting too excited and it ending up being someone else is a very easy way to ruin your day and post angry comments on the internet.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Removing that KOS-MOS mod now of all times is the strangest thing. Even if it means nothing the timing of it certainly makes it feel like something. I'll just wait and see. Getting too excited and it ending up being someone else is a very easy way to ruin your day and post angry comments on the internet.
I'm used to having my dreams and expectations for Smash crushed at this point, so I'll be fine even if it's not KOS-MOS.

Hopefully fighter #5 looks cool and is fun to play.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
I also called Hero and Banjo many months in advance but people didn't believe me then. But thats ok, Doom Slayer will shut them up once and for all when he becomes 6th.
Damn, that sounds just like my prediction for tonight lmao
Talked about the possibility of a dual reveal at the VGAs yesterday, which can still happen btw although I won't put my money on it unless FP5 is revealed very early in the show...

Zebulun

Smash Rookie
Ughh, all these possible leaks are making me nauseous with excitement. MUST. HYPE. RESPONSIBLY!
Luckily(?) I'm going out today, so maybe I'll be distracted enough to calm down. I just hope I'll be back in time for the VGAs >_<

Also, since the cat leaker proved to be a false God, I say we direct our prayers to the REAL God:
U-DO!

...Just uh, maybe don't pray too hard?

Genoa x Charlotte

Smash Rookie
So, how are we all feeling about the chances of a Smah reveal tonight at the Kojima- I mean, TGA’s? And how are we feeling so far about KOS-MOS? Has anything happened with her chances so far?

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
Hello everyone I came over from gamefaqs to tell you something you all may or may not know about Kos-Mos.

Also Sprach Zarathustra - was trademarked by Namco back in Apirl of 2018, So I am expecting Kos-Mos in her XBC2 along with her 3 other looks, a alt color for 3 looks and T-elos skin as her 8th color. She will be the first stance character in Smash as well. Her final smash is gonna be X-Buster or a Blade Combo to rep XBC2. Her FS animation opening is probably going to be her doing a flash kick like she does in Namco x Capcom that leads into X-Buster.

Xenosaga HD remaster should be announced tonight, it usually takes about a year to do a remaster these days and with "Also Sprach Zarathustra" being trademarked its happening, believe it
alright
1. i thought we figured the trademarking was just for putting T-elos in XB2 which came months prior to that
2. Smash technically already had stance characters since Melee and Brawl before Sheik and Zero Suit were put as full separate characters. Disregard those two, the stance characters we already have in is Pokemon Trainer, Shulk and his Monado Arts, Joker w/ Arsene, Cloud's Limit Break, and any transformation Final Smash before Ultimate.

If they were to add like Nightmare, Dante, a MvC3-inspired Phoenix, or officiate that one Triforce Ganondorf mod, they wouldn't be the first for Smash.
3. anyone posting false rumors or leakposting tend to get into huge trouble with the moderation team. so if you think this was a funny joke to bring up our hopes like that, its better for you to stay in that dumpster. we already had a lot of trouble with that fake second Cat Leak, its better to not deal with any more.

You speak about all of this like it's a fact xD,
also what is a stance character?
another FGC term for "alternated/stylish movesets"
you get additional and switchable moves for a basic moveset instead of having just plain one

like, imagine if Mario was able to use his other powerups in his moveset. like Ice Flower or Hammer Suit.
or PM Samus in general, haha.

He’s a new user, created under an hour ago... idk if he’s a leaker or not
yeah, i wouldn't put stock to a GameFAQS poster trying to possibly troll here as a fresh user

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
So, how are we all feeling about the chances of a Smah reveal tonight at the Kojima- I mean, TGA’s? And how are we feeling so far about KOS-MOS? Has anything happened with her chances so far?
I'm unsure. She hasn't been deconfirmed, which compared to several others is a plus, but that's not really saying much because the list of potential fighters is probably huge. The closest thing to a potential chance is a mod showing her in Smash was recently taken down by Nintendo, but who knows if that means anything. So just go in with no expectations.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Hello everyone I came over from gamefaqs to tell you something you all may or may not know about Kos-Mos.

Also Sprach Zarathustra - was trademarked by Namco back in April of 2018, So I am expecting Kos-Mos in her XBC2 along with her 3 other looks, a alt color for 3 looks and T-elos skin as her 8th color. She will be the first stance character in Smash as well. Her final smash is gonna be X-Buster or a Blade Combo to rep XBC2. Her FS animation opening is probably going to be her doing a flash kick like she does in Namco x Capcom that leads into X-Buster.

Xenosaga HD remaster should be announced tonight, it usually takes about a year to do a remaster these days and with "Also Sprach Zarathustra" being trademarked its happening, believe it
I'll believe it when I see it. I do think the stars are in KOS's favour but I'm a before else, be armed stance for text leaks.

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
I would love to have KOS-MOS as FP5, but everything in my body is telling me she's not. Things just line up too good.
Unfortunately. Hope i am wrong.

Last edited:

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
in the youtube's official VGA chat we are already waring for characters i'm team Kos-Mos and maybe Dante and already seeing people with GENO COME HOME, STEVE4SMASH, Sora4Smash, even the freaking fortnite Jonesy, sigh i hate this guys : 3

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice

Also Sprach Zarathustra - was trademarked by Namco back in Apirl of 2018, So I am expecting Kos-Mos in her XBC2 along with her 3 other looks, a alt color for 3 looks and T-elos skin as her 8th color. She will be the first stance character in Smash as well. Her final smash is gonna be X-Buster or a Blade Combo to rep XBC2. Her FS animation opening is probably going to be her doing a flash kick like she does in Namco x Capcom that leads into X-Buster.

FALSE............. The HD thins is more False than ever i have not seen any confirmation at all.

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
GameFAQs is super mad and taking a hard no stance on KOS-MOS.

Which means it's time for the early congratulations. I have no stake in this character on a personal level and I can't rule out the possibility that this is somebody mimicking Nintendo in order to troll people into thinking KOS-MOS is in (the takedowns), but regardless I see no reason to believe she's not in.

I dunno if it’s today or tomorrow, but I’m gradually losing any doubt that she’s in.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Potentially huge. KOS-MOS tripguy that said T-ELOS is a echo said he might have been mistaken her for a alt

"I might be mistaken about T-elos and she might just be a palette and not any kind of echo/half clone (she uses different weapons)"

From here: https://arch.b4k.co/v/search/tripcode/ !!uJXykp1iZGF /#

Apparently the alt uses different weapons. I can believe that
Stop, stop, I can only get so hyped. I'm beyond torn, but I'm starting to get more confident about seeing KOS-MOS tonight. Either way, I'll need a drink.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Potentially huge. KOS-MOS tripguy that said T-ELOS is a echo said he might have been mistaken her for a alt

"I might be mistaken about T-elos and she might just be a palette and not any kind of echo/half clone (she uses different weapons)"

From here: https://arch.b4k.co/v/search/tripcode/ !!uJXykp1iZGF /#

Apparently the alt uses different weapons. I can believe that
Echo or alt i would just use telos as she is so.... nice

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I was very close to joining GameFaqs over here as I wanted to join the speculation scene. Really feels toxic over there. Has it always been that bad?
I go by the username TomorrowsArchon over there and used to post for a while, but then I left because it takes the worst parts of /v/ and condenses it into hundreds of pointless threads that are usually half bait and half stupid, sometimes both. It's a cesspool of idiocy and insecurity.

Dutch Raikuna

I go by the username TomorrowsArchon over there and used to post for a while, but then I left because it takes the worst parts of /v/ and condenses it into hundreds of pointless threads that are usually half bait and half stupid, sometimes both. It's a cesspool of idiocy and insecurity.
I've been familiar with the GameFaqs name for about 10 years but never made an account. I've took dives over the past year and my god does is descend into madness quickly. Its so bad. I've avoided 4chan like the plague because of how it is.
Known the name of this site as far back as 2011, baffles me why I only just joined now.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I was very close to joining GameFaqs over here as I wanted to join the speculation scene. Really feels toxic over there. Has it always been that bad?
To put it bluntly, yes. They hate on whoever happens to be a potential front runner, and the hate is amplified whenever the character is: unfamiliar (to them at least), anime-designed, niche, and a 3rd party darkhorse. Since KOS-MOS happens to check out on all of them, you can see where this is going.

Zebulun

Smash Rookie
Could T-elos really work as an alt/echo to KOS-MOS, since she canonically wouldn't be able to use moves that involve transforming limbs like R-Blade or R-Cannon? Maybe her Magdalene-16 and wrist knife could replace the respective moves, but what about moves like R-Drill or R-Hammer?

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Could T-elos really work as an alt/echo to KOS-MOS, since she canonically wouldn't be able to use moves that involve transforming limbs like R-Blade or R-Cannon? Maybe her Magdalene-16 and wrist knife could replace the respective moves, but what about moves like R-Drill or R-Hammer?
I'm assuming it is the T-ELOS Re version here tbh and it could really work.

MysteryNoire

Smash Rookie
I'm honestly still a bit skeptical. The mod takedown definitely increases her chances but after seeing some points brought up questioning it, I could see it being a mistake or even a false flag. Still I'd say Kos Mos has a pretty solid chance, but I wouldn't say she's 100% going to be in. There are many characters with about the same solid chance as her, so it could be any one of those characters. I guess we'll see in a few hours.

Dutch Raikuna

Sabi is starting to leak game awards stuff on twitter. Will they leak the character?
Aw damn. I want to keep on here. Please no, but yes, but no. Anyway I can know if its male or female, indie/non-indie, Western/Eastern. I would want those answered and nothing else. The rough range and thats all.

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Seeming as T-elos is technically "better KOS-MOS" it isn't that hard to imagine. Plus, Daisy never has floated like Peach, Some moves Simon and Ritcher never preformed that the other does, etc, etc. It isn't that hard of a stretch to say they'd allow her to pull some stuff she never did for her to be an alt/echo fighter.

Kinda also like how Olimar never used Winged Pikmin yet there they are in his UP-B thanks to that Alph alt.

Top Bottom