• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
THIS IS REAL GUYS THIS IS REAL

FAMOUS KOS-MOS MODDER GOT HIS KOS-MOS MOD TAKEN DOWN BY NINTENDO

https://twitter.com/Demonslayerx8/status/1205029531624431618

OMG GUYS
OMG still CONTROL THE HYPE!, we sadly don't know if she will be here at all! XD, omfg this is insane that NINTENDO did reply to this Mod holy SH.T, if she in tomorrow i'm gonna lose my mind and it will shut the living CRAP out of steve fans, Doomguy and Jonesy fortnite guys.

And if she's in the final character to get in is DANTE!

Last edited:

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Wow, it's difficult not get hyped now.
She could really be coming to smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

OMG GUYS
i don’t wanna ruin the party but

they just do that randomly
Hype responsibly

D

Deleted member

i don’t wanna ruin the party but

they just do that randomly
Hype responsibly
But then again, why was it the KOS-MOS video?

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman

OMG GUYS

Holy crap. Here's the thing, I knew that the Grinch Leak and the recent Mallow/Cacodemon leaks were a bunch of bull when they were up for a couple of days and the Nintendo Ninjas sat idly by. My personal rule of thumb is that the only time leaks have any validity is when there is legal action by Nintendo. Another personal rule of mine is to never call something 100% just yet because life is unpredictable, but as far as I'm concerned, I'm now 99% certain KOS MOS is gonna come. If not tomorrow than at some point in the future.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
Side note: This just screams SNK copyright mess up to me. Copyright/legal stuff is a little tricky to keep them "in sync" with things like marketing, trailers, etc.
Example: Banjo and Sans fan-made Smash remixes being taken down.

This could be legit.
This was my first thought too. Nintendo obviously ain't gonna want a KOS-MOS Smash mod vid getting hits from the mass "who the **** is KOS-MOS" searches that begin later tonight, and someone/something pushed "the button" too early.

D

Deleted member

This was my first thought too. Nintendo obviously ain't gonna want a KOS-MOS Smash mod vid getting hits from the mass "who the **** is KOS-MOS" searches that begin later tonight, and someone/something pushed "the button" too early.
And now everyone's hot on their heels right now.

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
And now everyone's hot on their heels right now.
Umm i sadly still cannot say but god dammit i want Kos-Mos so bad now siiiigh this is too insane but again it might not be her, UGH why NAMCO WHY JUST CONFIRMED HER TO BE NAMCO'S 2ND REP

also if she is the one this can also BRING BACK XENOSAGA HD even for switch!

Last edited:

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Goddamn, what a thing to wake up to. I'll admit, the takedown does feel a little fishy-- but part of me wants to think it's a slip-up (what's been mentioned) like the SNK trademark a couple months back. I guess we have to wait and see, it'll be in a few hours.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Interesting stuff happened while I slept. Remember guys Jon is not a leaker and doesn't like leakers, so he is just going with his gut., doesn't mean too much. And that video pull could mean something or nothing. We shall see tonight

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It sucks I'll be at work when the VGAs are live tonight. I'll probably see KOS-MOS in the thumbnail when searching the VGAs on Youtube during lunch tonight at work. I'll just save the VGA video on my favorites if it's on there already and watch it from there so I don't get spoiled by anybody. I'm absolutely avoiding any cert of social media during lunch tonight.

Last edited:

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
It sucks I'll be at work when the VGAs are live tonight. I'll probably see KOS-MOS in the thumbnail when searching the VGAs on Youtube during lunch tonight at work. I'll just save the VGA video on my favorites if it's on there already and watch it from there so I don't get spoiled by anybody. I'm absolutely avoiding any cert of social media during lunch tonight.
Honestly just go to the stream and then close your phone/laptop, then open it again when you can watch it.
The minute you go to a new YT page post-stream, you're probably gonna be greeted by 20 videos from everyone and their mother with whatever was at the show

D

Deleted member

The schedule for the Game Awards is at like, 9:30 AM tomorrow, so I get to see the full show, though I'm dubious if I'm even going to watch in the hopes of getting dropped.

Neverx

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
Really hope she gets in tonight, it'll be nice to have another Xeno series rep in the game.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Good lordy, I just woke up and found this mod video takedown stuff!

Holy crap, I cannot wait until about 12 hours from now!

Last edited:

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Here in europe it will be very late in the night...but I'm thinking about staying awake, just to see that lol

Of course I'm aware that everything could mean nothing, I wanted Isaac from Golden Sun before and his inclusion seemed almost safe, then he was shown as an assist.

Anyway, I'm a little hyped, I hope our wish comes true :)

D

Deleted member

Here in europe it will be very late in the night...but I'm thinking about staying awake, just to see that lol

Of course I'm aware that everything could mean nothing, I wanted Isaac from Golden Sun before and his inclusion seemed almost safe, then he was shown as an assist.

Anyway, I'm a little hyped, I hope our wish comes true :)
Yeah.,..same.

D

Deleted member

KOSMOS could be either-or in terms of chances. I've heard arguments from both sides and I'm not sure where to lean.

I'm just gonna hyoe responsibly and focus more on whether there will be a Smash announcement.

D

Deleted member

KOSMOS could be either-or in terms of chances. I've heard arguments from both sides and I'm not sure where to lean.

I'm just gonna hyoe responsibly and focus more on whether there will be a Smash announcement.
The very Smash announcement itself will decide the fate of this community. Do we wander aimlessly into nothing or do we reach for the stars and find our dreams?

D

Deleted member

The very Smash announcement itself will decide the fate of this community. Do we wander aimlessly into nothing or do we reach for the stars and find our dreams?
That's on you. I have a winter break that I'll focus on more if there's nothing at the VGA...

But I want an announcement noooooow

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So slow class day and yep, tick tock slowly. I'm gonna sleep and wake up to see about the changing of the chances.

My money is still on KOS-MOS. If not Master Chief, Travis and..... a not deconfirmed Sega or Capcom rep.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I have this same feeling in my gut about KOS-MOS' chances right now as I did for K. Rool before the August 8th Direct or Banjo & Kazooie before the Nintendo E3 Direct. I think KOS-MOS is happening folks, I'M REALLY FEELING IT!!!

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
So slow class day and yep, tick tock slowly. I'm gonna sleep and wake up to see about the changing of the chances.

My money is still on KOS-MOS. If not Master Chief, Travis and..... a not deconfirmed Sega or Capcom rep.
I've been so focused on KOS-MOS that I hadn't really considered the possibilities about simultaneous reveals. Getting Master Chief, Travis, and Phoenix Wright along with her would be unreal.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The idea of being in a timeline where KOS-MOS and Xenosaga representation is even possible is...well, kind of nuts. My best friend voted for KOS-MOS on the ballot because Xenosaga means everything to her and I admit I never expected her to ever have a chance despite supporting it myself.

Like, I can't even get hype at the possibility because it just sounds so...out there. But my god, if she gets revealed tonight with her XSI or XSIII look or even just Xenosaga HD Trilogy I'll lose it. Or, you know, whenever the reveal is. It might not even be tonight, it might be in a week and we just get a direct date announcement tonight or something.

Wild times we live in, that's for sure.

D

Deleted member

The idea of being in a timeline where KOS-MOS and Xenosaga representation is even possible is...well, kind of nuts. My best friend voted for KOS-MOS on the ballot because Xenosaga means everything to her and I admit I never expected her to ever have a chance despite supporting it myself.

Like, I can't even get hype at the possibility because it just sounds so...out there. But my god, if she gets revealed tonight with her XSI or XSIII look or even just Xenosaga HD Trilogy I'll lose it. Or, you know, whenever the reveal is. It might not even be tonight, it might be in a week and we just get a direct date announcement tonight or something.

Wild times we live in, that's for sure.
Anything is possible in today's Smash speculation except 4th Party Characters.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey guys. Stopping in to wish you all luck tonight in your favorite robot gals inclusion in the game. Evidence seems to be leaning towards her so if she gets in congrats.

I myself will welcome her given how unique she is and another female rep getting in.

Good luck!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
If KOS-MOS gets announced (or even if she doesn't - I'm a fan of RPGs in general, and I've enjoyed the Xenoblade games), is there any way to play the Xenosaga games outside of a PS2? I have a PS3, but I don't know if that's backwards compatible or not, and a quick Google search says that the games aren't available on the PS3.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
If KOS-MOS gets announced (or even if she doesn't - I'm a fan of RPGs in general, and I've enjoyed the Xenoblade games), is there any way to play the Xenosaga games outside of a PS2? I have a PS3, but I don't know if that's backwards compatible or not, and a quick Google search says that the games aren't available on the PS3.
I think it depends on what model PS3 you have.

If it’s early, then yes, otherwise no.

NixF

Smash Cadet
Your best bet right now is emulating them assuming you have a good PC (not really high-end or something).
...Unless by some miracle they announce HD re-release on modern consoles.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think it depends on what model PS3 you have.

If it’s early, then yes, otherwise no.
I have no idea, but seeing as it's a used one that I only got a year and a half ago, it's probably not backwards compatible.
Your best bet right now is emulating them assuming you have a good PC (not really high-end or something).
...Unless by some miracle they announce HD re-release on modern consoles.
That's a shame. I usually prefer playing RPGs on consoles/handhelds over PC for whatever reason - I tried that with Earthbound (back when cartridges on their own were in the $200 range and the Virtual Console wasn't a thing), and I was never able to get through it or find the motivation to stick with it, whereas I beat the game when it came out on the Wii U.

Last edited:

Neverx

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
If you have a decent enough PC try emulating, played through all three on the PS2 emulator.

Vengar

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone I came over from gamefaqs to tell you something you all may or may not know about Kos-Mos.

Also Sprach Zarathustra - was trademarked by Namco back in Apirl of 2018, So I am expecting Kos-Mos in her XBC2 along with her 3 other looks, a alt color for 3 looks and T-elos skin as her 8th color. She will be the first stance character in Smash as well. Her final smash is gonna be X-Buster or a Blade Combo to rep XBC2. Her FS animation opening is probably going to be her doing a flash kick like she does in Namco x Capcom that leads into X-Buster.

Xenosaga HD remaster should be announced tonight, it usually takes about a year to do a remaster these days and with "Also Sprach Zarathustra" being trademarked its happening, believe it

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone I came over from gamefaqs to tell you something you all may or may not know about Kos-Mos.

Also Sprach Zarathustra - was trademarked by Namco back in Apirl of 2018, So I am expecting Kos-Mos in her XBC2 along with her 3 other looks, a alt color for 3 looks and T-elos skin as her 8th color. She will be the first stance character in Smash as well. Her final smash is gonna be X-Buster or a Blade Combo to rep XBC2. Her FS animation opening is probably going to be her doing a flash kick like she does in Namco x Capcom that leads into X-Buster.

Xenosaga HD remaster should be announced tonight, it usually takes about a year to do a remaster these days and with "Also Sprach Zarathustra" being trademarked its happening, believe it
You speak about all of this like it's a fact xD,
also what is a stance character?

Last edited:
Top Bottom