• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
What will your reactions be like if FP5 isn't revealed at the VGAs? I'm kind of expecting that outcome.
This is lowkey my biggest fear. I don't think enough people have considered that the reason for all the uncertainty surrounding this reveal might be that there isn't one. Then nobody's happy. We're then left speculating for another month or two, making everyone even more bitter and divisive.

D

Deleted member

This is lowkey my biggest fear. I don't think enough people have considered that the reason for all the uncertainty surrounding this reveal might be that there isn't one. Then nobody's happy. We're then left speculating for another month or two, making everyone even more bitter and divisive.
Even worse, it'll just be a continuation of the deconfirmation cycle over and over.

D

Deleted member

Terry is not only FP4 but also FP5 and Sakurai will just have another Terry presentation again but it will be 2 hours instead of 40 minutes lol!
He'll probably cover the movelist, Classic Mode, and even FRAME DATA of all things!

BlackInk

Smash Lord
At this point we have the character. Jon said Sabi and Vergeben were both full of **** before vergeben announced Kosmos wasn’t actually deconfirmed. After the call out, Jon predicts Kosmos as fighter #5.

D

Deleted member

At this point we have the character. Jon said Sabi and Vergeben were both full of **** before vergeben announced Kosmos wasn’t actually deconfirmed. After the call out, Jon predicts Kosmos as fighter #5.
Woah...seriously?

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Oh I made that post because I used to just post fake leaks/predictions on /v/ when I got bored (stopped doing that and probably won’t anymore after this fiasco). I would usually use images from other potential leaks (or guesses as I call them, smash “leakers” on /v/ are like monkeys on a typewriter) to make it more believable. This time I just downloaded the drunk cat image off of the 4chan archives and made a post about it later. I really did this because of the papageno coverage on it a few days before and thought “yeah might as well get it while it’s hot.” I was actually going to originally include Nightmare instead of Kos-Mos just because I like him more but someone I talked to in a discord kept saying that Kos-Mos would be in before Nightmare so I relent and decided to play with that idea here. I included Ryu because I think he’s inevitable at some point and Reimu because of personal bias. I haven’t really kept up with roster speculation and leak nonsense as of late so I thought that it’d deconfirm itself as of Game Awards but here we are. I think Kos Mos is pretty likely for TGA all things considered so I might as well do this now rather than wait later. No hard feelings.
While there is definitely not enough evidence for your claim.... I just want to say that while you certainly helped KOS-MOS grow bigger on places like 4chan, gamefaqs, here and all over the internet.... I personally just have to say you put us through hell in speculation. Many of us thought the rules of 3 was very convincing to link with your leak and i'm downright very disappointed if you truly made it. Just the fact Papagenos covered it made me skeptical but I kept seeing more and more evidence for KOS-MOS as time went by and I was convinced she's more than just the cat leak.... people genuinely want her. Over here I would love to believe that the majority of us are true fans and not bandwagoners and trust me I can identify bandwagoners on 4chan and stuff very easily. The people that post stupid wojak crap, oh no no no oh no memes, etc are only faking their support for KOS-MOS in order to bait the true fans. It is downright disgusting but I suppose it happens with every character yeah? But anyway if you TRULY HONEST TO GOD MADE THE CAT LEAK then I am glad you admitted to it but I believe the rules of 3 evidence still stands in the future but I will be incredibly skeptical of leaks that say 3 more characters now as you have somewhat proven you baited tons of people. It is a scummy thing to do though but i'm glad it means I can identify who is a faker or not and who truly likes KOS-MOS and wants her in smash. Nightmare at first huh? lol you think you'd have put Reimu as fighter #5. Anyway, I'm glad we can put this aside if your claims are true.

I'd also like to ask though from the actual true fans of Xenosaga and KOS MOS on this board, what's the appeal for you about her character and why she deserves to be in Smash? I always like to hear it straight from the mouths of the real fans.
Well, personally to me she's my favourite video game character EVER. I played the trilogy right on every release and 100% every xeno game. KOS-MOS just really felt amazing to me. She can conjure weapons such as cannons, drills, gattling guns, shoot a huge laser from her abdomen (x buster is so amazing) that it even got cameos in other games such as tales, etc. She can do more such as you swords, hammers, she has a laser sword saber called Dragon Tooth that basically sweeps the floor and is incredibly badass. She can use pistols, powerful magic, and she's a extremely powerful weapon. In the Xenosaga games the enemies are a huge threat and without KOS-MOS to save them, everyone would have died. It's pretty crazy... in fact Shion almost dies in Xenosaga Episode I on the Woglinde to the first Gnosis attack. Other things I like about KOS-MOS are her amazing designs. My personal favourite is version 1 cause well it is classic KOS-MOS but i'm also a huge fan of version 4 since that is where all her most badass moments come from. Version 3 and 2 and Re are also fine but V3 just gets trashed early game in Episode III so I dont really find it much of a good design. I can write a whole essay about this but i'm going to keep it short and sweet before I write for hours on end. For smash, KOS-MOS would bring tons of unique options to the game. She can play rush down, zoner, defensive, and aggressive playstyles. She's not as fast as Sonic but she's really fast. Her blinding speed would allow her to perform amazing combos and coupled with her zoning capabilities with laser guns and cannons or hell anything really, she would be an incredibly powerful force to be reckoned with. Maybe she'll debuff you with Hilbert effect, or keep her cannon charged and bet the crap out of you, etc. She's great at doing that! So yeah, i'm just a really huge Xeno fan. I like so many of the characters but KOS-MOS is definitely my favourite. I'd write more as I said but it's late and well i'd go on forever.

What will your reactions be like if FP5 isn't revealed at the VGAs? I'm kind of expecting that outcome.
I am 95% sure we will get a reveal but if it doesn't happen it would mean the leak is dead and I'll have to go for possibly 4 more rounds of speculation. I'd rather pull my hair out or something along that.... because the smash fanbase is just incredibly toxic at times. Not just 4chan... but everywhere.

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
I feel bad for the Kos-Mos fanbase having to put up with so much toxicity from detractors.

I’m also part of the people requesting her but I avoid arguments with people, they’re always circular and nothing is ever settled.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
I feel bad for the Kos-Mos fanbase having to put up with so much toxicity from detractors.

I’m also part of the people requesting her but I avoid arguments with people, they’re always circular and nothing is ever settled.
I’m surprised as **** that they face this crap.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
So ZevBenjamin sent me this on discord. It's real

I dont know what to think guys but this sounds like she is confirmed. Thoughts?

I really really DONT WANT TO GET MY HOPES UP but this looks good.

Last edited:

Prince777

REIMU AND KOS-MOS FOR SMASH!
NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722

THIS IS JUICY! So if this is legitimate, then that confirms the Mallowdemon leak, along with other highly requested favorites. Still, it seems to beat around the bush when referring to KOS-MOS since it doesn't seem to give a direct answer as to whether or not it's KOS-MOS.

I think this could mean Kosy is in, but they won't directly assert it.

BlackInk

Smash Lord

Okay **** it! She’s the last fighter and it makes sense from Sakurai’s bias towards Monolith Soft (which is why Rex is the only mii Sakurai feels really bad about), Nintendo’s consumer-friendly policy on their switch dlc (which is why they’ll address the Rex guys with a playable blade), and Namco’s lack of mii costumes are because they are selected as the last company in the pre-planned fighter’s pack (which means their final fighter status is meant as “a thank you” from Nintendo for Ultimate’s existence.

I did say Kosmos made the most sense because she filled in so many spots than many other characters could have. She was the only fighter I struggled to argue against since the circumstances were in her favor.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
Dutonix Dutonix is a treasure if his scheme and subsequent Why I Did It help educate people on why no one should assign meaning to a non-OC drunk cat pic popping up elsewhere on 4chan and when PapaGenos had recently spent a video talking about it.

If this is to be believed...that's both leakers implying they've tried their hardest to get KOS-MOS deconfirmed only for her to be where their wrecking ball path ends. Sounds promising. :ness:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
THIS IS JUICY! So if this is legitimate, then that confirms the Mallowdemon leak, along with other highly requested favorites. Still, it seems to beat around the bush when referring to KOS-MOS since it doesn't seem to give a direct answer as to whether or not it's KOS-MOS.

I think this could mean Kosy is in, but they won't directly assert it.
Nah, the source just answered about Mallowdemon saying they are not #5 and dont know if they are real. That's all that was. It is just recapping everything the source answered about but they wont answer about KOS-MOS WTF

Asancu

Smash Rookie
NNID
Asancu
Hi! I'm also rooting for KOS-MOS in Smash since I beated the whole trilogy, four years ago. I think it's a character with a lot of potential.
So... good luck everyone!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guys...don't get jumpy to conclusions....

It could be wrong for all we know...

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Nah, the source just answered about Mallowdemon saying they are not #5 and dont know if they are real. That's all that was. It is just recapping everything the source answered about but they wont answer about KOS-MOS WTF
What is the first sentence’s proof?

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Assuming it is legitimate, both Vergeben AND Sabi are having confusion with KOS-MOS? I am not sure what to make of it..

Last edited:

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
Well, personally to me she's my favourite video game character EVER. I played the trilogy right on every release and 100% every xeno game. KOS-MOS just really felt amazing to me. She can conjure weapons such as cannons, drills, gattling guns, shoot a huge laser from her abdomen (x buster is so amazing) that it even got cameos in other games such as tales, etc. She can do more such as you swords, hammers, she has a laser sword saber called Dragon Tooth that basically sweeps the floor and is incredibly badass. She can use pistols, powerful magic, and she's a extremely powerful weapon. In the Xenosaga games the enemies are a huge threat and without KOS-MOS to save them, everyone would have died. It's pretty crazy... in fact Shion almost dies in Xenosaga Episode I on the Woglinde to the first Gnosis attack. Other things I like about KOS-MOS are her amazing designs. My personal favourite is version 1 cause well it is classic KOS-MOS but i'm also a huge fan of version 4 since that is where all her most badass moments come from. Version 3 and 2 and Re are also fine but V3 just gets trashed early game in Episode III so I dont really find it much of a good design. I can write a whole essay about this but i'm going to keep it short and sweet before I write for hours on end. For smash, KOS-MOS would bring tons of unique options to the game. She can play rush down, zoner, defensive, and aggressive playstyles. She's not as fast as Sonic but she's really fast. Her blinding speed would allow her to perform amazing combos and coupled with her zoning capabilities with laser guns and cannons or hell anything really, she would be an incredibly powerful force to be reckoned with. Maybe she'll debuff you with Hilbert effect, or keep her cannon charged and bet the crap out of you, etc. She's great at doing that! So yeah, i'm just a really huge Xeno fan. I like so many of the characters but KOS-MOS is definitely my favourite. I'd write more as I said but it's late and well i'd go on forever.
Thank you for the answer friend, I appreciate that you took your time to help me understand where her base of support comes from. I genuinely hope that tomorrow will pull through for you and the rest of the Xeno fans out there. :)

Wrathful_Scythe

Smash Journeyman
So, should KOS-MOS get in and someone like me wants to check the games out, I guess Xenosaga for the PS2 would be a good place to start?

D

Deleted member

So, should KOS-MOS get in and someone like me wants to check the games out, I guess Xenosaga for the PS2 would be a good place to start?
Most definitely. You should start with the first entry, Xeno Episode 1. It's quite available at used game stores...

D

Deleted member

Hey so um I was wondering if I could join the support thread? I also wanna say that im sorry because Some may know I was against her at the time in the newcomer thread but it was because of that cat leak but I’ve noticed that if I keep doing this I would get embarrassed that I did this all for nothing. So I just wanna know that is it too late for me to apologize my additiude against kos-mos?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Hey so um I was wondering if I could join the support thread? I also wanna say that im sorry because Some may know I was against her at the time in the newcomer thread but it was because of that cat leak but I’ve noticed that if I keep doing this I would get embarrassed that I did this all for nothing. So I just wanna know that is it too late for me to apologize my additiude against kos-mos?
Connor old buddy it's never too late to start anew. Welcome to the KOS-MOS support thread.

Last edited:

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Oh course you are welcome here!

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
We will see tomorrow night.
But i HIGHLY doubt any of the sources will answer about KOS-MOS,
they've been quiet for 2-3 days now after the oopsie.
Nothing is 100% confirmed but this stuff is pretty spicy people.

Natlo

Smash Cadet
Most definitely. You should start with the first entry, Xeno Episode 1. It's quite available at used game stores...
Though that availability might drop if enough people want to know who this new Smash character is. (On the understanding that she is FP5.)

⛧Lord Metallium⛧

Smash Apprentice
I almost certain as of now that KOS-MOS is FP5. I sure hope it stays that way for her.
We just have to wait and see....

FOR NOW DON'T BE HYPED EVERYONE, remember that at the last Moment we can get dissapointed if its not her, i really really wish Kos-Mos to be FP5 but i have a bad feeling it might not be her........ don't get hyped just yet wait and see but DON'T get HYPED!

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
We just have to wait and see....

FOR NOW DON'T BE HYPED EVERYONE, remember that at the last Moment we can get dissapointed if its not her, i really really wish Kos-Mos to be FP5 but i have a bad feeling it might not be her........ don't get hyped just yet wait and see but DON'T get HYPED!
You're right, we have to:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I won't be able to see what happens Live tomorrow since I'll be attending my sister's concert in school. I don't know how long it'll last, but I'm assuming things like an after-party event and a celebratory late-night dinner. If anything disappointing happens, y'all know where to contact me. If it's a surprise worth the excitement, don't touch that dial.

Top Bottom