• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I Know you guys are talking about Rumor mill right now, but i need to ask something

For those that played the Xenosaga Games, You know about this character named Albedo? When I Saw Topics about KOS-MOS in Smash Before she started gaining traction, i thought I only rcongized her, but Then i Remembered that there was this Albedo character too. I remember someone talking about him on a Countdown video WAY Back when I really liked to watch Video game countdown videos.. The whole thing about him is that he's kinda creepy, talks really weird, and can Dismember himself? What's the Deal with him, and if KOS-MOS were to get in would he be a Spirit perhaps?

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
I Know you guys are talking about Rumor mill right now, but i need to ask something

For those that played the Xenosaga Games, You know about this character named Albedo? When I Saw Topics about KOS-MOS in Smash Before she started gaining traction, i thought I only rcongized her, but Then i Remembered that there was this Albedo character too. I remember someone talking about him on a Countdown video WAY Back when I really liked to watch Video game countdown videos.. The whole thing about him is that he's kinda creepy, talks really weird, and can Dismember himself? What's the Deal with him, and if KOS-MOS were to get in would he be a Spirit perhaps?
He is one of the antagonists of the Xenosaga games and he has an excellent regeneration ability that he can even reform his head in a short amount of time. I hope he has a spirit battle though. Albedo is my favorite Xenosaga character.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
He is one of the antagonists of the Xenosaga games and he has an excellent regeneration ability that he can even reform his head in a short amount of time. I hope he has a spirit battle though. Albedo is my favorite Xenosaga character.
So is he one of those characters where you have to Destory all of their cells to Kill

Also do you fight him as a boss battle?

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
So is he one of those characters where you have to Destory all of their cells to Kill

Also do you fight him as a boss battle?
Yeah he's the final boss ish of Xenosaga 1 and 2. Technically Episode 1 has two final battles. One with Albedo and then Sophie Peithos right after.

Only time you dont fight him is in III

Last edited:

Natlo

Smash Cadet
He'd definitely have a spirit. I'd say male robin that restores from high damage or some such.

D

Deleted member

He'd definitely have a spirit. I'd say male robin that restores from high damage or some such.
And most likely a Legend Spirit since he fits with the villain aesthetic of the last 2 spirits (Gruntilda, Geese)

No word from Verge, so it's safe to assume that it's literally anyone, though I'm still banking on KOS-MOS.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I actually kinda like how we dont know exactly who it is. It will be a nice surprise for sure. I think its going to be her for sure, but not knowing for sure is fun.

D

Deleted member

I actually kinda like how we dont know exactly who it is. It will be a nice surprise for sure. I think its going to be her for sure, but not knowing for sure is fun.
IT's not fun sometimes, especially for those who have speculating ever since the whole deconfirmation fiasco started.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
A Namco character closing out the Fighters Pass and reintroducing the Namco Mii costumes makes way too much sense. Only when Namco got mass-deconfirmed did people begin disregarding a Namco character as one of the most likely #5 scenarios...except now KOS-MOS is the one Namco character Vergeben/his source can't seem to deconfirm and possibly out of a desire to backpedal on KOS-MOS specifically but without them being on the same page about it.

My prediction that it's KOS-MOS likely won't be changing in the next 48 hours. Made sense from the beginning and I don't think the damn venue is a "popularity gate" when Sakurai just recently talked about how unimportant that was to him.

D

Deleted member

My prediction that it's KOS-MOS likely won't be changing in the next 48 hours. Made sense from the beginning and I don't think the damn venue is a "popularity gate" when Sakurai just recently talked about how unimportant that was to him.
I just hope so. Should Verge come out with his statement sooner or later...

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I just want to say to those who are discouraged by the KOS-MOS bashing and dismissals out there:

EVERY prospective newcomer gets bashed by a segment of the fanbase whenever they're rumored to be playable. It's not some unnatural phenomenon that only affects so-and-so character, every fanbase goes through the same routine prior to the character's potential confirmation (or not): seemingly credible leaks or leakers supporting a character, the fanbase reacts to this through varying amounts of disbelief, some of it positive, some of it negative, the ones reacting negatively to it raise a stink over it by addressing concerns that range from seemingly valid (overrepresentation, lack of popularity), opinionated but well within their own rights (indifference towards the genre they're from), to just plain ridiculous ("they'd just be a clone of X character", "ew anime", etc.)

Think of some of the past newcomers for this game to have gotten in: Isabelle, Incineroar, Hero, and Terry. They've all gotten these arguments hurled against them to at least some extent, and yet nowadays they're treated as if they were irreplaceable parts of the roster by the fanbase. It happened before in SSB4 as well with characters like Ryu ("not a fighting game character!"), Shulk ("literal who weeb character"), Little Mac ("all he can do is punch" or "not popular in Japan"). Cloud himself was brushed off and treated as a Goku or Shrek-tier character and was widely ridiculed until he got in, yet you wouldn't hear that from most people nowadays.

If KOS-MOS gets in, I guarantee that months from now most people will actually treat her as someone who fully deserved her right to be playable in Smash.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I just want to say to those who are discouraged by the KOS-MOS bashing and dismissals out there:

EVERY prospective newcomer gets bashed by a segment of the fanbase whenever they're rumored to be playable. It's not some unnatural phenomenon that only affects so-and-so character, every fanbase goes through the same routine prior to the character's potential confirmation (or not): seemingly credible leaks or leakers supporting a character, the fanbase reacts to this through varying amounts of disbelief, some of it positive, some of it negative, the ones reacting negatively to it raise a stink over it by addressing concerns that range from seemingly valid (overrepresentation, lack of popularity), opinionated but well within their own rights (indifference towards the genre they're from), to just plain ridiculous ("they'd just be a clone of X character", "ew anime", etc.)

Think of some of the past newcomers for this game to have gotten in: Isabelle, Incineroar, Hero, and Terry. They've all gotten these arguments hurled against them to at least some extent, and yet nowadays they're treated as if they were irreplaceable parts of the roster by the fanbase. It happened before in SSB4 as well with characters like Ryu ("not a fighting game character!"), Shulk ("literal who weeb character"), Little Mac ("all he can do is punch" or "not popular in Japan"). Cloud himself was brushed off and treated as a Goku or Shrek-tier character and was widely ridiculed until he got in, yet you wouldn't hear that from most people nowadays.

If KOS-MOS gets in, I guarantee that months from now most people will actually treat her as someone who fully deserved her right to be playable in Smash.
That's honestly the biggest problem. They NEED to be thought the value of open-mindedness. It's not like what they want HAS to be the main priority.

I do hope that this Fighters Pass, should we get KOS-MOS, will teach them that value. That they should also take into consideration the little ones who can be just as interesting as the big ones. They're just blinded by the stigmas, fanrules, etc. and they need to open their eyes that the reality they want won't be easily achieved, as some seek different realities.

Dutonix

Smash Rookie
Man this takes me back to when PErsona hype was everywhere and everyone is saying that Hitler is a canonical thing in the Smash multiverse.
I had really high hopes for that penis persona being a spirit but hey you win some you lose some ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Red Dead Redeemed

Smash Journeyman
At the risk of sounding like a Johnny-Come-Lately fad chaser, I'd actually be really excited for KOS MOS despite knowing practically nothing about her. If I'm spouting stuff that's bull, feel free to call me out.

I think because of the far more obvious connections to Nintendo everyone has had their eyes on Xenoblade (Lord knows I'm still in Elma's corner), but if one switches their frame of mind from "Xenoblade Rep" to "Monolith Soft Rep," KOS MOS becomes a far more obvious pick. I think of her as akin to Monolith's version of Micky Mouse. Oh sure, Frozen or whatever new movie coming out is the new hotness that gets all the marketing, but what is the first thing you think of when someone says Disney? Mickey friggin Mouse. He's the mascot and that how it'll always be. Same deal for KOS MOS and her company.

Plus this Fighter's Pass has been a total sausage fest (except for Kazooie, only one half of one fighter). It'd be nice to have at least one female fighter for this season's pass. Also I just think she looks cool, I really dig the sci-fi anime aesthetic. (as a side note, I actually came around partly thanks to BlunZ's ****posting on Twitter. I didn't even know about these "leaks" until just now lol)

So yeah, sign me up as a supporter. I'd be genuinely hype if she actually comes on the 12th (or anytime after that).

I'd also like to ask though from the actual true fans of Xenosaga and KOS MOS on this board, what's the appeal for you about her character and why she deserves to be in Smash? I always like to hear it straight from the mouths of the real fans.

Last edited:

Dutonix

Smash Rookie
Didn’t you make the cat leak with kos-mos? If so why? I’m genuinely curious.
Oh yeah...wait.

Dutonix Dutonix I DEMAND AN EXPLANATION FOR ALL THIS! WHAT'S WITH THE CAT JESUS PICTURE?
Oh I made that post because I used to just post fake leaks/predictions on /v/ when I got bored (stopped doing that and probably won’t anymore after this fiasco). I would usually use images from other potential leaks (or guesses as I call them, smash “leakers” on /v/ are like monkeys on a typewriter) to make it more believable. This time I just downloaded the drunk cat image off of the 4chan archives and made a post about it later. I really did this because of the papageno coverage on it a few days before and thought “yeah might as well get it while it’s hot.” I was actually going to originally include Nightmare instead of Kos-Mos just because I like him more but someone I talked to in a discord kept saying that Kos-Mos would be in before Nightmare so I relent and decided to play with that idea here. I included Ryu because I think he’s inevitable at some point and Reimu because of personal bias. I haven’t really kept up with roster speculation and leak nonsense as of late so I thought that it’d deconfirm itself as of Game Awards but here we are. I think Kos Mos is pretty likely for TGA all things considered so I might as well do this now rather than wait later. No hard feelings.

Prince777

REIMU AND KOS-MOS FOR SMASH!
NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722
Oh I made that post because I used to just post fake leaks/predictions on /v/ when I got bored (stopped doing that and probably won’t anymore after this fiasco). I would usually use images from other potential leaks (or guesses as I call them, smash “leakers” on /v/ are like monkeys on a typewriter) to make it more believable. This time I just downloaded the drunk cat image off of the 4chan archives and made a post about it later. I really did this because of the papageno coverage on it a few days before and thought “yeah might as well get it while it’s hot.” I was actually going to originally include Nightmare instead of Kos-Mos just because I like him more but someone I talked to in a discord kept saying that Kos-Mos would be in before Nightmare so I relent and decided to play with that idea here. I included Ryu because I think he’s inevitable at some point and Reimu because of personal bias. I haven’t really kept up with roster speculation and leak nonsense as of late so I thought that it’d deconfirm itself as of Game Awards but here we are. I think Kos Mos is pretty likely for TGA all things considered so I might as well do this now rather than wait later. No hard feelings.
I see. That's very interesting honestly. Did you think your leak would garner as much traction as it did? Not gonna lie, I thought it was legitimate given how the initial Cat Leaker was right on the money with Hero (and his costumes) and Banjo being revealed at E3. It also sounded very promising and legitimate since those three seem like Sakurai picks (Reimu is also justified through the ZUN interview and Doujin leak).

Knowing now that it was fabricated made me a bit weary, but it's good to see the person admit to it and come forth instead of hiding in the shadows like most fake leakers.
I'm sure i can speak for all of us when I say that no offense taken. We're simply amazed to see KOS-MOS getting as much attention as she is. Even if she did not make it as a playable character in this game (God forbid), she will be better known among the Smash community and may have a shot in a future installment.

Dutonix

Smash Rookie
I see. That's very interesting honestly. Did you think your leak would garner as much traction as it did? Not gonna lie, I thought it was legitimate given how the initial Cat Leaker was right on the money with Hero (and his costumes) and Banjo being revealed at E3. It also sounded very promising and legitimate since those three seem like Sakurai picks (Reimu is also justified through the ZUN interview and Doujin leak).

Knowing now that it was fabricated made me a bit weary, but it's good to see the person admit to it and come forth instead of hiding in the shadows like most fake leakers.
I'm sure i can speak for all of us when I say that no offense taken. We're simply amazed to see KOS-MOS getting as much attention as she is. Even if she did not make it as a playable character in this game (God forbid), she will be better known among the Smash community and may have a shot in a future installment.
Yeah, I didn't expect some random post I made on 4chan to get this much attention like at all. Like I said I mostly did those as jokes and only really put effort into them in terms of the way the original posts speak themselves. I mean another one I made that I'm not as proud of is this one https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/460144750/#460144750 (offensive language if you're concerned). The fact about things like this is that people can easily just reuse the same calling card or images, including filenames, of someone before them. The only posts I'd take as fact on someplace like 4chan are ones protected under a tripcode which has happened and been true like... twice. (Even then I remember one guy with a trip saying that DK Jr. was in during base game speculation being completely wrong, figures haha). Right now I think Kos-Mos has a pretty good chance so I wouldn't be phased by this much at all and even if this were true it's still not as credible as Gamexplain's comments on her and others' comments.

Last edited:

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I didn't expect some random post I made on 4chan to get this much attention like at all. Like I said I mostly did those as jokes and only really put effort into them in terms of the way the original posts speak themselves. I mean another one I made that I'm not as proud of is this one https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/460144750/#460144750 (offensive language if you're concerned). The fact about things like this is that people can easily just reuse the same calling card or images, including filenames, of someone before them. The only posts I'd take as fact on someplace like 4chan are ones protected under a tripcode which has happened and been true like... twice. (Even then I remember one guy with a trip saying that DK Jr. was in during base game speculation being completely wrong, figures haha). Right now I think Kos-Mos has a pretty good chance so I wouldn't be phased by this much at all and even if this were true it's still not as credible as Gamexplain's comments on her and others' comments.
I guess i don't understand the point of making a fake leak. Kinda scummy for my taste.
And you haven't really provided much evidence to your claim but i suppose i really don't see why you'd be lying about it. That or you are just trolling and taking credit for the cat leak.
Either way i don't necessarily care. She has multiple other predictions / leaks going for her (if you believe in them).
Still no hard feelings, though i must thank you for helping KOS-MOS's name get out there i guess.
If she's FP5 all the people that supported her and put in their work for years to get KOS-MOS in smash would've been paid off and that's what im interested in seeing.
I just feel bad for the Reimu cord if you are telling the truth (although im sure cat leak isnt the only thing going for them either).

Last edited:

Prince777

NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722
I feel you man, haha. At least you were technically right about Erdrick there.

KOS-MOS does have a lot going for herself at this point, specifically with the TGA leak and that Sakurai is a big fan of the Xeno series. I have this feeling that Verge and Sabi's sources know it's her, but they aren't allowed to give confirmation (yet). At this point, it doesn't really matter anymore since the VGA's are tomorrow.

I wouldn't get my hopes up either considering that there may not even be anything Smash-related to begin with, but if there is (which there likely will be), I'm just hoping that she was chosen to be a DLC character. Xenosaga is a hidden gem and I wish more audiences knew about it. Smash would be the best possible way to bolster Kosy's popularity on the international scale.

Dutonix

Smash Rookie
I guess i don't understand the point of making a fake leak. Kinda scummy for my taste.
And you haven't really provided much evidence to your claim but i suppose i really don't see why you'd be lying about it. That or you are just trolling and taking credit for the cat leak.
Either way i don't necessarily care. She has multiple other predictions / leaks going for her (if you believe in them).
Still no hard feelings, though i must thank you for helping KOS-MOS's name get out there i guess.
If she's FP5 all the people that supported her and put in their work for years to get KOS-MOS in smash would've been paid off and that's what im interested in seeing.
I just feel bad for the Reimu cord if you are telling the truth (although im sure cat leak isnt the only thing going for them either).
Yeah if I knew that all of this would've happened because of a random post I made then I definitely would have never made it in the first place. The worse thing is that I really can't find or show any other ways besides the times of the image (which I just discovered are actually pretty easy to edit) that I did make it. I'm hearing that reimu cord is apparently discussing stuff surrounding the doujin rumor and the twitter owner contacting some of the groups involved so I think they can put a lot more stock into that than some random 4chan post thankfully.

Last edited:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I made a fake leak once before Isabelle was announced, just to see how people reacted, most people just called me **** and that was it

Prince777

NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722
What will your reactions be like if FP5 isn't revealed at the VGAs? I'm kind of expecting that outcome.
To be fair, I would be a bit disappointed since mostly everyone is banking on the VGA's for a reveal. Speculation would become even more chaotic (and more leaks could result in further distortion and confusion).

At the same time, I can also view the possibility of a no VGA reveal optimistically since it would be at the next Nintendo Direct where they could discuss everything about Fighter 5's content and possibly info on the other fighters immediately. The post-pass fighters won't be affiliated with the pass, so we should no longer be blind as to who the next character(s) could be.

Still hoping for a VGA reveal tho :dizzy:

Teedy15

Smash Rookie
Jeeze I hope this works this is my first post. Jon posted this today and I know he’s “not a leaker” but let’s be honest... with his track record I’ll take anything, also him just sharing music is kind of out of the blue lol Link to tweet

D

Deleted member

Jeeze I hope this works this is my first post. Jon posted this today and I know he’s “not a leaker” but let’s be honest... with his track record I’ll take anything, also him just sharing music is kind of out of the blue lol Link to tweet
If anything, why exactly was it Xeno2, when it could have just been any other track?

Top Bottom