• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

D

Deleted member

Not really anything yet. Sabi and Verge haven't posted.
Yeah...

Heard about the MC rumors and..it's vague. I mean, it could be anything; post-pass, or just a new game on the Switch.

God I hate confirmation bias...

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Quick reminder that Soraya Saga is still away from Twitter from what I last remember, which I find strange. Unless she's been getting harassed by Japanese twitter users long before any Xeno information blew up, it seems suspect that she'd keep out of social media around this time.

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
Hard to be positive when literally everyone hates her for no reason.
Oh, they have reasons. They may not be particularly good reasons, or have much of anything to do with KOS-MOS specifically... but there are reasons. The announcement of more DLC moving forward softens the blow, but petty grievances are amplified when one nears the "end."

Why, I personally found myself quite cross when Bandai Namco was blanket de-confirmed. I can -and did, in private- argue several different points to justify that anger... but ultimately, regardless of how compelling the reasons, the past remains immutable... leaving me with little but my own indignation.

Many people are so toxic because they get too close to their desired outcome. When something else makes a splash, they feel threatened. Then, when another character drops, they feel hurt, let down, even heartbroken. Problem is that they are, unfortunately, HORRIBLE at processing it, and instead lash out indiscriminately.

I suppose my point is: Try not to let it bother you overmuch. The attacks are hollow and impersonal. The people do not care about who you are, or what you want. They only care about protecting themselves, with little regard for how.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
Oh, they have reasons. They may not be particularly good reasons, or have much of anything to do with KOS-MOS specifically... but there are reasons. The announcement of more DLC moving forward softens the blow, but petty grievances are amplified when one nears the "end."

Why, I personally found myself quite cross when Bandai Namco was blanket de-confirmed. I can -and did, in private- argue several different points to justify that anger... but ultimately, regardless of how compelling the reasons, the past remains immutable... leaving me with little but my own indignation.

Many people are so toxic because they get too close to their desired outcome. When something else makes a splash, they feel threatened. Then, when another character drops, because they feel hurt, let down, heartbroken. Problem is that they are, unfortunately, HORRIBLE at processing it, and instead lash out indiscriminately.

I suppose my point is: Try not to let it bother you overmuch. The attacks are hollow and impersonal. The people do not care about who you are, or what you want. They only care about protecting themselves, with little regard for how.
Well said. Any potential wild fire will fuse out once enough time passes, but in the mean time, I think I'll go incognito in places. It just feels like the practical thing to do, for now anyway.

D

Deleted member

Well said. Any potential wild fire will fuse out once enough time passes, but in the mean time, I think I'll go incognito in places. It just feels like the practical thing to do, for now anyway.
Sigh...if only I had much faith..

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice

Many people are so toxic because they get too close to their desired outcome. When something else makes a splash, they feel threatened. Then, when another character drops, they feel hurt, let down, even heartbroken. Problem is that they are, unfortunately, HORRIBLE at processing it, and instead lash out indiscriminately.

Thank you Lynn :) I'll remember that.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
So that game called Predator Sony announced today at State of Play has a PC exclusive Epic games store version. Just something to keep in mind cause the leak said Horizon on Epic games store at the game awards. Much more believable when you look at this. I dont want to give anyone hope but hey we will see.

D

Deleted member

So that game called Predator Sony announced today at State of Play has a PC exclusive Epic games store version. Just something to keep in mind cause the leak said Horizon on Epic games store at the game awards. Much more believable when you look at this. I dont want to give anyone hope but hey we will see.
If anything, Horizon Zero Dawn is pretty much bigger in audience than this Predator game. I kinda think yeah, it'll be at the Game Awards.

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888
Quick reminder that Soraya Saga is still away from Twitter from what I last remember, which I find strange. Unless she's been getting harassed by Japanese twitter users long before any Xeno information blew up, it seems suspect that she'd keep out of social media around this time.
She posted Gorg art three hours ago.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Graizen

Smash Champion
KOS-MOS and Master Chief meet in space, both are fighting together and are announced to Smash.
KOS-MOS ends first FP
Master Chief starts the second

mc.jpg

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
She posted Gorg art three hours ago.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
Huh... Well how about that! Glad she's doing okay!

KOS-MOS and Master Chief meet in space, both are fighting together and are announced to Smash.
KOS-MOS ends first FP
Master Chief starts the second

View attachment 251999
Gotta say, this scenario would probably grab a lot of interest on both sides! They're thematically similar enough that they can work off each other in the same trailer. That's definitely a segue I can get behind! Let's just hope we get a tease for the first post-Pass character at TGA, because then we'd have two characters to be excited for.

D

Deleted member

Gotta say, this scenario would probably grab a lot of interest on both sides! They're thematically similar enough that they can work off each other in the same trailer. That's definitely a segue I can get behind! Let's just hope we get a tease for the first post-Pass character at TGA, because then we'd have two characters to be excited for.
This would work perfectly to set the tone for Season 2. Just like how Joker set up Pass 1, he could definitely bring the hype.

AmphabulouSnake

Smash Journeyman
well uh....actually I'm currently expecting there to be a dual reveal at the VGAs, but instead of Master Chief it's Doom Slayer lol
Either way KOS-MOS and one of them fits in really...

D

Deleted member

well uh....actually I'm currently expecting there to be a dual reveal at the VGAs, but instead of Master Chief it's Doom Slayer lol
Either way KOS-MOS and one of them fits in really...
That is also a viable option as well, considering that the Mallowdemon leak is still in the running.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
An East and West back-to-back reveal is a welcome concept to be honest. They can announce KOS-MOS and Master Chief or Doomguy for instance, then announce Reimu and Ryu at E3 2020, and anything beyond that if it's in the plans. It helps to reinforce the idea that no one is left out and it certainly works as a way to make fanbases far less hostile toward each other when they accomplish a common goal.

D

Deleted member

An East and West back-to-back reveal is a welcome concept to be honest. They can announce KOS-MOS and Master Chief or Doomguy for instance, then announce Reimu and Ryu at E3 2020, and anything beyond that if it's in the plans. It helps to reinforce the idea that no one is left out and it certainly works as a way to make fanbases far less hostile toward each other when they accomplish a common goal.
To be honest, everything has pros and cons. Both regions may be happy, but however, it's quite refreshing to see someone that even the West did not consider.

Giving chance to others is a virtue.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Still nothing from Sabi or Verge is weird. You would think either person would have said no KOS-MOS or KOS-MOS is in right now. Well, they have 1 day left to leak whoever fp5 is.

D

Deleted member

Still nothing from Sabi or Verge is weird. You would think either person would have said no KOS-MOS or KOS-MOS is in right now. Well, they have 1 day left to leak whoever fp5 is.
We'll know around mid-day or so for me.

BlackInk

Smash Lord
When the leaker stuggles to say anything about a potential fighter. It most likely means that character is the one in dlc.

D

Deleted member

When the leaker stuggles to say anything about a potential fighter. It most likely means that character is the one in dlc.
Best case scenario: okay she's in
Worst case: she isn't in
Most probable: I'm still confused and I don't know

ZevBenjamin

Smash Apprentice
Best case scenario: okay she's in
Worst case: she isn't in
Most probable: I'm still confused and I don't know
How would his source be confused if he has a name.
Should be comparing apples to oranges at this point.
Unless it''s her and he doesnt want to reveal it so he's playing the idk game.
It's 2 days before TGA. The name should be known now among credible insiders.
Just strange imo - all of it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How would his source be confused if he has a name.
Should be comparing apples to oranges at this point.
Unless it''s her and he doesnt want to reveal it so he's playing the idk game.
Just strange imo - all of it.
Heheheh. Maybe the source is doing too much of his best to not get exposed by the Game Awards leak police, so he's saying IDK over and over.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I saw a video about it from Red that made the argument KOS-MOS Re (Xenoblade 2) redesign might be owned by Monolith like how Bayonetta's design in Bayonetta 2 is owned by Nintendo. I just dont get it.... that's not possible. You need Namco's permission to redesign their character. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Blackthorne

Smash Cadet
I really hope that's the case. I don't know what I'd do If this was all for naught.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I saw a video about it from Red that made the argument KOS-MOS Re (Xenoblade 2) redesign might be owned by Monolith like how Bayonetta's design in Bayonetta 2 is owned by Nintendo. I just dont get it.... that's not possible. You need Namco's permission to redesign their character. Makes no sense whatsoever.
Dear God, probably that's what is taking Vergeben so ****ing long XD

BlackInk

Smash Lord
Vergeben’s leaker is obviously cornered.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Verge and Sabi are just messengers. Until they know for sure who the fifth fighter is, they won't say a single word.

Or they know, but don't say anything anyway because they'd rather we find out for ourselves in TGA.
I'd believe that but both of them said they were looking into KOS-MOS and we have heard nothing.

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion
I'd believe that but both of them said they were looking into KOS-MOS and we have heard nothing.
Then it reinforces the idea that neither of them know who it is at all, lmao. If they already knew who the fifth fighter is, why not just call her out altogether? And strangely enough, no disconfirmations for other characters/companies yet, so it feels weird that she'd be such a beefgate for them. Surely they would have gotten info on them by now, which leads to the possibility that their sources no longer have access indoors, so there isn't much they can relay.

Mrs.Milky

Smash Ace
Not really but someone in her squad on gamefaqs did.
You know, I'm never gonna be able to know if sabi is female or male. I see one group of people call sabi female and then another call them male. I mean I guess it doesn't matter but Its something that keeps sticking in my mind.

Top Bottom