• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Remember, Geoff said that the game awards will cover existing games also so SMT V is extremely possible given that the EU PR manager of Atlus is teasing it. Atlus USUALLY does not do western reveals but... this is specifically the EU PR manager.

We just need to see clocktower to seal it. And I get the feeling she is not leakbait at all since Sabi and Verge are struggling to disconfirm her.
So we are still getting new game reveals right. I don't understand what you mean by that.

I think KOS still has a good chance now.

Dutch Raikuna

I never said we weren't getting any new ones. lol
I think I misinterpreted then.

Also to the supporters here, what remixes would you want to see? I personally wouldn't mind Battle of your Soul. It was that theme that got me into the character in the first place.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace

Also to the supporters here, what remixes would you want to see? I personally wouldn't mind Battle of your Soul. It was that theme that got me into the character in the first place.
Godsibb, Promised Pain, She's coming back, Battling KOS-MOS, Last battle (Xenosaga), Fatal Fight, Battle of your Soul, Hepatica #3, Hepatica KOS-MOS would be my top picks for OST.

Last edited:

KarneraMythos

Smash Champion

Kinda rough to be honest. The composer of most of the music was done by Yuki Kajiura, who produces phenomenal music for anything she touches. It's to a point that none of the music needs remixing. They're already perfect as they are. That being said, if Beneath the Mask proves anything, remixes of already-great songs are more than welcome provided they're executed really well.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I'm stopping by to wish you guys luck on getting KOS-MOS. She's looking very likely given Bandai Namco's prominence.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
He wouldn't say what the reveals were let's be real. And just the fact he killed Waluigi and not the character he probably knows is... just evidence of that. If he said KOS-MOS is not showing up then i'd believe him.

Also tons of the VGA leaked last year... sorry Geoff but this Ain't it chief.
Trust me, I want to believe he's just bull****ting because there are legit leaks out there.

I'm just concerned about her chances with all this back and forth nonsense between multiple sources.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
I'm also coming to wish you guys best of luck (I'm mostly on the Rhythm heaven and the Porky thread). I never played Xenosaga, the only reason I know a little bit about Kos-mos is through Xenoblade chronicles 2. I'm not gonna lie, I don't care that much about her, but if her presence make other people happy I'm happy for you.

That being said, I also want to point that it's okay to be hype, but not too much just in case she's not in. Even if she seems likely right now, tables can turn very fast (we know in the past some leak that we thought was legit and end up being false). But still good luck for Thursday!

RawkHawk2010

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5576-5912-4888

I want this to play during Shion's Spirit Battle just to see how many people make the connection.

MissingGlitch

Smash Master
I figured I would also drop by and give you all my support. I don't know a thing about KOS-MOS but any cute girl that is basically a swiss army knife with deadly weapons is ok in my book.

D

Deleted member

Forgive me man i'm kind Hyped :D
We still have like, two days here in my country. There's syill a good amount of time for Verge or Sabi to give the final call. Remember, Verge still doesn't know about KOS-MOS' situation and will be looking into it.

Unotheninja

Smash Rookie
Hey longtime lurker, finally made an account to send my support! I think it'd be great to see the crossover queen in the mother of all crossovers.

Also something I've been curious about, if Kos-mos does get in, what category would her music and stage fall under?

Xenoblade Chronicles, Namco, or Xenosaga?

Thanks!

D

Deleted member

Hey longtime lurker, finally made an account to send my support! I think it'd be great to see the crossover queen in the mother of all crossovers.

Also something I've been curious about, if Kos-mos does get in, what category would her music and stage fall under?

Thanks!
Most likely Xenosaga. As it's suppose to be about "new worlds and stuff". Completely void of Xenoblade content.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Thanks!
Definitely Xenosaga.

Dutch Raikuna

Most likely Xenosaga. As it's suppose to be about "new worlds and stuff". Completely void of Xenoblade content.
Saying that I am kinda hoping that a modified version of her Xenoblade 2 design makes it in as an alt. Still her Project X Zone design that I recognise is hopefully her main appearance. Haven't played Xenosaga so still unfamiliar with it.

D

Deleted member

Saying that I am kinda hoping that a modified version of her Xenoblade 2 design makes it in as an alt. Still her Project X Zone design that I recognise is hopefully her main appearance. Haven't played Xenosaga so still unfamiliar with it.
FYI Xenosaga was basically series developed my Monolith Soft yet published by Bamco. This was BEFORE they were sold to Nintendo.

If you're aiming for Project X Zone design, do you mean this:

Blackthorne

Smash Cadet
Three days left, guys (for me, at least). Thursday can't come sooner!

On another note, I've seen some people bring up Geno and how some apply fanrules to KOS, and not him. What are your thoughts on that?

D

Deleted member

Three days left, guys (for me, at least). Thursday can't come sooner!

On another note, I've seen some people bring up Geno and how some apply fanrules to KOS, and not him. What are your thoughts on that?
It's mostly due to the fanbase in particular. They love to gatekeep characters that are not what they want, because they have the mentality that their pick should go first.

When the Mallowdemon leak hit everyone in the Geno community jumped thebgun and said he was inevitable, yet some of the fans who aren't supporting the character didn't make a good effort to gatekeep him.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
It's mostly due to the fanbase in particular. They love to gatekeep characters that are not what they want, because they have the mentality that their pick should go first.

When the Mallowdemon leak hit everyone in the Geno community jumped thebgun and said he was inevitable, yet some of the fans who aren't supporting the character didn't make a good effort to gatekeep him.
It becomes funny when those fan rules fall apart when a character they were complaining about gets in. Time and time again I see people whine about a character, it either gets broken or they have double standards.

Won't stop me from gushing over who I want, KOS-MOS included.

Dutch Raikuna

FYI Xenosaga was basically series developed my Monolith Soft yet published by Bamco. This was BEFORE they were sold to Nintendo.

If you're aiming for Project X Zone design, do you mean this:
With Fiora? Hell yeah. Xenosaga is very high on my to play list so I'm still unfamiliar with what versions of her are what.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
With Fiora? Hell yeah. Xenosaga is very high on my to play list so I'm still unfamiliar with what versions of her are what.
Chrom and Lucina are in PXZ2 too.

we COULD have had Bayonetta too but nooooooooooo...

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I was looking at the Geoff video and he mentions new partners never on the show before. Has Atlus or Monolith ever been at any game awards? I dont really remember. He just says the announcements will be very different compared to old years.... so Japanese games are bound to show up, imo.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I was looking at the Geoff video and he mentions new partners never on the show before. Has Atlus or Monolith ever been at any game awards? I dont really remember. He just says the announcements will be very different compared to old years.... so Japanese games are bound to show up, imo.
Not counting Atlus having Joker in Smash and both companies having a game nominated, not to sure.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Visiting from the Geno thread.

Wishing you guys the best of luck with The Game Awards. KOS-MOS' name has been floating around for months as the 5th character and I would hate it if you guys were let down after all this waiting. I wouldn't mind seeing your girl as FP5.

Take care!

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Visiting from the Geno thread.

Wishing you guys the best of luck with The Game Awards. KOS-MOS' name has been floating around for months as the 5th character and I would hate it if you guys were let down after all this waiting. I wouldn't mind seeing your girl as FP5.

Take care!
We thank you, and keep the hope alive for Geno!

Top Bottom