• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KOS-MOS Returning to Battle: DLC Season 2.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
The good thing however is that Namco and Ninty have a friendly relationship, and Capcom got two of their characters so Namco can get another which hopefully can be KOS-MOS.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My dream scenario at E3 is a Xenosaga trilogy remaster announcement for the Switch followed by a KOS-MOS Smash reveal. Hopefully we at least get the former, as things might be lining up for it already. If a Xenosaga remaster is in the cards, I could see Namco asking for KOS-MOS in Smash (possibly as DLC) especially since they love throwing her in lots of games regardless.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
SorrowOfAcheron SorrowOfAcheron really nice work on that Xeno art!

I thought my thread was good but this insight on KOS-MOS in smash and these movesets are very detailed. Really well done. It's also really great to see another huge fan like myself. I commented on his blog a few months ago but just thought i'd link them here for you guys to read!

https://aminoapps.com/c/smash/page/...moveset-edited/8Kfm_u8Ld7XnZE2NwlgX7Xkj33eRpr

https://aminoapps.com/c/smash/page/...moveset-edited/xLf2_u6rLxmPme1RQmVRmblmXnjk1v

Warning: Contains spoilers for Xenosaga

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
With T-elos appearing in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as DLC, I'm starting to wonder... Does this mean something for the Xenosaga series? Yes, I know both series were done by Monolith, and this could very well just be a celebration of Xenosaga, but frankly, the inclusion of KOS-MOS and T-elos in Xenoblade 2 does draw attention to the Xenosaga series. And since Xenoblade 2 seems to be fairly popular, this is a great way to promote a theoretical Xenosaga 1-3 Switch remaster.

Like I said before, I have always been fascinated by the Xenosaga games, so a Switch remaster would be a dream come true.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
With T-elos appearing in Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as DLC, I'm starting to wonder... Does this mean something for the Xenosaga series? Yes, I know both series were done by Monolith, and this could very well just be a celebration of Xenosaga, but frankly, the inclusion of KOS-MOS and T-elos in Xenoblade 2 does draw attention to the Xenosaga series. And since Xenoblade 2 seems to be fairly popular, this is a great way to promote a theoretical Xenosaga 1-3 Switch remaster.

Like I said before, I have always been fascinated by the Xenosaga games, so a Switch remaster would be a dream come true.
Yes, I think they really are going to announce a Xenosaga HD collection since we got the trademark renewed for the 3rd game and now T-ELOS and KOS-MOS in Xenoblade 2 like old times in Saga 3 which does mean it's very likely we will see something at E3. Harada has been gathering support for years from fans for it but just remember he said it would take a lot of work and well here we are with Xenosaga getting more popular because of Xenoblade 2!

D

Deleted member

So this got taken down:

Apparently Namco is working on Smash Switch. Maybe they want another character for their troubles? And maybe it's KOS-MOS? I need this in my life.

Last edited by a moderator:

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
I have to be honest: I've never played Xenosaga. But, definitely add me to the support list.

Amazon Pandora

Smash Rookie
I have four characters I've always wanted, Lyn, Midna, Kos-mos, and Krystal. After what has happened today I feel as if there might be a chance for Kos-Mos, so add me to the support list! I hope this time around I can get at least 2-3 in instead of none.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
So this got taken down:

Apparently Namco is working on Smash Switch. Maybe they want another character for their troubles? And maybe it's KOS-MOS? I need this in my life.
That is really good news! I can't see them just keeping Pac Man as one representative when KOS-MOS's popularity has increased so we'll see at e3. We still need to look forward to what the trademark for Xenosaga Episode III was renewed for. Some speculate it was authorization to use T-ELOS in XB2 but that cant be true in the slightest considering they never had to renew the Xenosaga trademark for KOS-MOS's appearance.

Also, support list has now been updated!

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
It is KOS-MOS' day in the RTC thread, please come show your support and rate her in chance and want.

Also I support, though my favorite character in Xenosaga is Jr.

Dr. Jojo Phantasma

The Chessmaster
Quite honestly other than KOS-MOS I am not interested in seeing anyone else as a second Namco rep except maybe Nightmare from SC.

My favorite character is Albedo. He makes Kefka look sane in comparison.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I haven't had the time to be on here but I just wanted to express that with the new smash game now it is hard to say if KOS-MOS has a chance now or not as every single character is returning and Sakurai is going to have only a few newcomers. I predict 6 at best and therefore I will not be on this thread as much as before cause I think her chances are lower now especially with Fiora only getting in as part of Shulk's final smash. There's always hope with dlc but I fear she'll just be an assist trophy as they took a perfectly good fighter in Fiora to be just a final smash. KOS-MOS still has Xenoblade 2 and namco affiliations to help her out but I dont think we will get her if we get Rex and Pyra now unless namco gets another representative.

It's disappointing that we are getting only some newcomers so yeah I will be in this thread when I have news to post but until then seeya around guys!

MattX20

Smash Hero
It would be cool to see her in Smash, and she would be a much better Bandai Namco rep than Heihachi.

kool2419

Smash Apprentice
I completely forgot about KOS-MOS. She has my support she will be a great newcomer for Smash Ultimate, plus she`s a beauty.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I haven't played any of the Xenosaga series so I can't give my full support but she would be an awesome assist trophy if Namco want to step outside their arcade comfort zone.

I'd be down for her to be playable too of course.

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
I had never before been so excited about speculation in gaming than upon realizing KOS-MOS had been made plausible for Smash. The possibility has quickly became an obsession that is, perhaps, unhealthy... but I shouldn't mind.

Of course, I am aware of many hurdles which threaten to bar her path, such as...

• Heihachi - Having a character model very similar to Ryu's would greatly reduce the strain of development for Tekken's King of the Iron Fist, and I imagine "ease of creation" is the primary currency Sakurai will be dealing in this time around, bolstering his chances. If Heihachi is included, his status as a BANDO-NAMCO character would drastically reduce KOS-MOS's chances.
  • Elma, Rex, Pyra - Honestly, the more I think about it, the less I feel getting any of these characters actually hurt KOS-MOS's chances. Xenoblade has been doing extremely well of late, which makes them a front-runner for multiple newcomers this time around. Still, there is an argument to be made that the limited number of slots make multiple entries far less tenable in Ultimate. (Disclaimer: While I recognize that KOS-MOS is a property of Namco-Bandai, not Nintendo, this argument was made under the assumption that the overall community would perceive KOS-MOS as a Xeno representative.)
  • Timing/Relevance - We know that Sakurai tends to finalize his roster very early into development, and that Ultimate started development in winter 2015-2016. KOS-MOS's most recent appearance would have been in Project X Zone 2, released November 12, 2015 in Japan, which potentially puts her on the radar, if minimally so. Of much more importance, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was in development starting in July of 2014, though it would not be released until December 2017. Given that Sakurai's sensibilities would likely deter him from the somewhat risque design of KOS-MOS V4, factors such as what point KOS-MOS RE was developed, and whether or not Sakurai was made aware of it, are crucial when weighing her odds.
...yet these stand only as potential problems. At current, none have been confirmed, so none presently serve to impede her. As such, the poison of hope continues its course to the heart, and likewise, KOS-MOS continues to hold my ardent support.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
And even if KOS-MOS isn't in the base roster, she could very well be a DLC frontrunner.

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Most of my friends keep telling me Lloyd would sit better as a second Namco rep than KOS-MOS would, but that's their opinion and my opinion is mine, I personally would like to see KOS-MOS get into smash one day, and even though it'd be weird lore-wise, possibly T-elos as alt skins for her. So add me to that support list.

Also one of my friends cooked this up for me (though a better tag-line probably could've been thought of?):
IMG_8336.JPG

Last edited:

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
Went on ahead and made up some Zohar emblems in the various smash colors, as a bit of fun.

Last edited:

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
As a bit of an update on the KOS-MOS situation:

Friday, July 27th saw the release of a new KOS-MOS specific quest in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Given her appearance being a cameo, and that any further usage of her character would require clearance by Namco-Bandai (Though we know they have a track record of essentially loaning Monolith the license whenever asked, so that in and of itself isn't terribly consequential), it in the very least suggests that she's popular enough within the community to merit additional content.

And then there's this, which was announced just yesterday (Saturday, July 28th):

So someone is certainly expected to be in high-demand.

MattX20

Smash Hero
It kinda tells that if any additional Bandai Namco character gets in, KOS-MOS is one of the, if not the, front runners.

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
As a bit of an update on the KOS-MOS situation:

Friday, July 27th saw the release of a new KOS-MOS specific quest in Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Given her appearance being a cameo, and that any further usage of her character would require clearance by Namco-Bandai (Though we know they have a track record of essentially loaning Monolith the license whenever asked, so that in and of itself isn't terribly consequential), it in the very least suggests that she's popular enough within the community to merit additional content.

And then there's this, which was announced just yesterday (Saturday, July 28th):

So someone is certainly expected to be in high-demand.

Ah yes, another KOS-MOS figure. Even though her appearance in Xenoblade 2 is a cameo, I believe she is still canon. But nonetheless I kind of hope that means we'll be seeing her as a second Bandai Namco rep... rather than some others I've seen in recent leaks (even though I believe all of those to be fake... even the one that had KOS-MOS and my other robo-boy besides R.O.B., Chibi-robo in it). Gonna admit though it'll be kind of weird seeing KOS-MOS and Pac-Man in the same game, but like a good kind of weird.

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
Just a bit of conjecture:

Heihachi was not revealed during EVO, nor the Direct shortly thereafter. While that doesn't completely remove him from the running, his failure to appear at perhaps the most optimal venue do reduce his odds a fair degree, or so I feel. This in turn increases the odds for other Namco-Bandai characters/franchises. So...

KOS-MOS
Tales (Likely Lloyd Irving)
Digimon
Soul Calibur
Klanoa
Dig Dug
iDOLM@STER

...of which my [admittedly bias] mind considers Lloyd and KOS-MOS the most probable. Either way, even if it is not exclusively in her favor, it remains to her potential benefit.

In other news, finished a small project of mine. Took some doing, but managed to put together a full[?] set of alts for KOS-MOS Re: based on characters from the Xenosaga series.

(Credit to Kinishan for the render)

What are your favorites, and can you tell which characters are being referenced?

Last edited:

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
Just a bit of conjecture:

(Credit to Kinishan for the render)
What are your favorites, and can you tell which characters are being referenced?
I'm gonna start from the top left to bottom right.

- I have no idea what that would be sorry. Probably the alternate colors from her Trilogy series? That's me assuming her Default is her Xenoblade color.
- Shion Uzuki I think?
- Ziggy
- MOMO
- Looks like either chaos or Albedo. I think I'm gonna go with chaos on this one.
- Jin Uzuki
- TELOS

I really like the Ziggy, MOMO, chaos/Albedo and Jin ones. My favorite is probably Jin since that's also the color of one of my current favorite Xenogears character, Citan Uzuki!

Last edited:

Smasherfan88

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasher06
Switch FC
8416-9167-6989
Personally seeming as Konami has three reps with Snake and the Belmonts I think KOS-MOS' chances only increased if Namco gets two more as well, obviously one being KOS-MOS and the other being whoever they pick, probably Lloyd since the Tales Of... series is a ongoing thing still.

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna start from the top left to bottom right.

- I have no idea what that would be sorry. Probably the alternate colors from her Trilogy series? That's me assuming her Default is her Xenoblade color.
- Shion Uzuki I think?
- Ziggy
- MOMO
- Looks like either chaos or Albedo. I think I'm gonna go with chaos on this one.
- Jin Uzuki
- TELOS

I really like the Ziggy, MOMO, chaos/Albedo and Jin ones. My favorite is probably Jin since that's also the color of one of my current favorite Xenogears character, Citan Uzuki!
Quite happy they ended up being readable! Was rather concerned.
-KOS-MOS V2
-Shion Uzuki (Episode 1)
-Ziggurat 8
-MOMO Mizrahi (Episode 3)
-Albedo Piazzolla
-Jin Uzuki (Episode 3)
-T-ELOS Re:
This being my original chart

Though I ended up swapping out V1's slot with the more visually distinct V2.

V2 is personally my least favorite KOS-MOS model, but thought the overall color scheme would be interesting on the KOS-MOS RE: model.
Of course, in regards to the recolors, feedback is appreciated!

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Compiled a Support List for KOS-MOS
  1. ES. Dinah ES. Dinah
  2. Tyrant Tenebris
  3. Aussie the Naturist
  4. Altais
  5. Pallex
  6. Yomi's Biggest Fan
  7. Xeno VII
  8. Troykv
  9. fogbadge
  10. GolisoPower
  11. ForwardArrow
  12. CynthWave
  13. Abade
  14. Bebe Mignon
  15. PrinceGal3n
  16. SorrowOfAcheron
  17. Dr. Jojo Phantasma
  18. Pikablu Pikachu
  19. SEGAGameBoy
  20. Amazon Pandora
  21. TCT~Phantom
  22. MattX20
  23. kool2419
  24. Lynn Eslie
  25. Hydra of Chaos
  26. Smasherfan88
  27. NSSKG151
Possible Supporters
  1. RosaPeach
  2. Guybrush20X6

Last edited:

Lynn Eslie

Smash Apprentice
Compiled a Support List for KOS-MOS
  1. ES. Dinah ES. Dinah
  2. Tyrant Tenebris
  3. Aussie the Naturist
  4. Altais
  5. Pallex
  6. Yomi's Biggest Fan
  7. Xeno VII
  8. Troykv
  9. fogbadge
  10. GolisoPower
  11. ForwardArrow
  12. CynthWave
  13. Abade
  14. Bebe Mignon
  15. PrinceGal3n
  16. SorrowOfAcheron
  17. RosaPeach
  18. Dr. Jojo Phantasma
  19. Pikablu Pikachu
  20. SEGAGameBoy
  21. Amazon Pandora
  22. TCT~Phantom
  23. MattX20
  24. kool2419
  25. Guybrush20X6
  26. Lynn Eslie
  27. Hydra of Chaos
  28. Smasherfan88
In the interest of accuracy, as I presume you're collecting information for your Most Supported Characters list:
RosaPeach asked a question in this thread, but has not vocalized support.​
Guybrush20X6 expressed an opinion on KOS-MOS somewhat North of ambivalence, but otherwise openly stated, "I can't give my full support."​
NSSKG151 has not posted in this thread, but did vote for KOS-MOS in Smashboard's Top 10 Most Wanted Characters poll.​
Which would make the current total 27, rather than 28.

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
In the interest of accuracy:
RosaPeach asked a question in this thread, but has not vocalized support.​
Guybrush20X6 expressed an opinion on KOS-MOS somewhat North of ambivalence, but otherwise openly stated, "I can't give my full support."​
NSSKG151 has not posted in this thread, but did vote for KOS-MOS in Smashboard's Top 10 Most Wanted Characters poll.​
Which would make the current total 27, rather than 28.
Thanks for the corrections.

Top Bottom