• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa Troopa Hierarchy

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Amid the time of quarantine I have too much time on my hands and have tried to devise the Koopa Troopa hierarchy among Bowser's troops.

I figure it is by shell color.

A green koopa/para troopa seems to be able to eventually work their way into becoming a Hammer Bros. or Lakitu (they got green shells).

Whereas a red one seems to have the options of Boom Booms/Pom Poms or FIre Bros. (red shells ahoy).

Dark Blue Shells seem to have the options of Charge n chucks or Boomerang Bros. (Lookit those blue shells)

Light Blue Shells seem to be the few, the proud, the ice bros, I can't think of any other minion to use these.

I don't know what becomes of Purple Shelled Koopas, perhaps Magikoopas?

I don't know what becomes of Yellow Shelled Koopas, perhaps Sumo Bros? (Though sumo bros seem to have buzzy beetle shells, the yellow koopa was the one that used to give Yoshi the ground stomp ability in Mario World).

Occasionally they seem to go shell-less when a power up works for them. Like cape feather koopas (mario world) or kart-koopas (mario maker 2 3d world style).

This all originated because I was thinking of a fan-game concept for "Super Hammer Bros" where a koopa troopa would be able to get power ups to transform into the different types of Hammer Bros (Fire, Boomerang, Ice). I figured they could use wings as their analogue to Mario flight items (and become paratroopas). And ride Wigglers as alternate Yoshis. As I said, too much time on my hands.

Top Bottom