• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Koopa king in Texas

vathekid

Smash Apprentice
Hello all. Im Val Zechta, or little val, and im a Bowser main here in the rio grande valley in texas
So far ive been doing well in my locals, but i need advice on two matchups
Donkey kong and Falco
all help would be apprectiatedö

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
The easiest way to give you tips(and the most productive) would be for you to provide vods of you playing said matchups

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
Vs Falco you want to really work on your punish game, since a lot of the time you will be losing neutral. Try to clip him with nair, fair, utilt, dsmash. Edgegaurding is super easy, and always deflect lasers back to him.

Vs DK keep your dashdancing on point and respect him especially when you don't have stage control. go in and out and use a lot of koopa claw pillars and uthrow > follow up. Pay attention to his recovery because its a great opportunity to get him but it's very frustrating if you drop the edgegaurd because he lives forever.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
Vs falco fair offstage at 30 or more percent is deadly.
Vs DK recover under the stage. Throw out lots of shuffled nairs. punish his smash attacks with grabs. Outspace him with flame

Last edited:

Sn0wman

Smash Rookie
Only recently started playing around with bowers (fantastic fun), my friend plays DK but doesn't do any advanced stuff which if fine, but I may not be much help here... I can seem to get Koopa Claw Neutral Throw like 3 or 4 times in a row, kind of like a chain grab but looks weird as hell. And as previously mentioned here, respect him when you don't have stage control. Another thing that sometimes works for me at low ish % is Koopa Claw Neutral Throw to dash grab up throw to follow up.

Like I said, only recently been playing around with bowser but dam that koopa claw is addictive!

Top Bottom