• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kool-Aid Combinations

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Alright, Midwest. So I just bought a whole lotta Kool-Aid packets and feel like doing some testing. Last time I made Kool-Aid, like a month ago, I mixed two grape packets and an orange and it was AMAZING. So now I'm thinking "why just two??". I'm thinking about mixing three different Kool-Aid flavors for the ultimate experience. But I don't know which.

Here are the flavors I have:

Orange
Cherry
Black Cherry
Grape
Tropical Punch
Ice Blue Rasberry Lemonade
Berry Blue

3 Packets make up a gallon, so I can either do two or three different flavors. So I wanna take requests. When I'm done with this gallon (SHOULDN'T BE LONG) I'm planning on making another so I want ideas! Also should be getting more flavors next time I go to the store.

Discuss.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Black Cherry, the Lemonade and Tropical Punch.

Trust me, I am a doctor. There is a side effect of getting the ****ing pants blown off of you though. So watch out for that.

:phone:

Life

Smash Hero
Unrelated, but lemonade is the secret 24th flavor in Dr Pepper. Dead srs. (Why am I here? I'm not even in this region)

Related: I'm thinking 1 Blue Raspberry, 1 Grape, 1 something.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Black Cherry, the Lemonade and Tropical Punch.

Trust me, I am a doctor. There is a side effect of getting the ****ing pants blown off of you though. So watch out for that.

This was my first test, and I just finished the pitcher. Tasted like... a mixture of Rasberry and Cranberry Juice. Not too strong, but not too bland. The wild cherry was definitely the strongest flavor, but the lemonade gave it a great after taste.

8.5/10

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
A thread for black people?

They don't sell the good kool-aid packages anymore. Strawberry Kiwi, Lemonade, and Blueberry used to be so unique to me.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
A thread for black people?
You're damn right this is.

They don't sell the good kool-aid packages anymore. Strawberry Kiwi, Lemonade, and Blueberry used to be so unique to me.
I know :(

On that note, got a new flavor, Berry Blue which I actually haven't had before.

Tried Oreo's kool-aid combination and it's ****ING INCREDIBLE. It looks like mud but tastes like sex. So like... muddy sex? Flavor's officially named Double the Dirty. Unlike Juu's combination, which was like a smooth calm drink (which is also good), DD is like "yeah flavor yeah flavor yeah fl-WHOA AFTER TASTE YEAHHH FLAVOR". Incredible drink but probably not something I could drink all the time.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Lol. And yeah, I like smooth drinks but man will I have to try Oreo's now.

It's ****ing game time. By the way, Squid/Composer/restofIN. When you come to Columbus (hopefully) and stay at Keister's we're totally doing this.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
You're damn right this is.

I know :(

On that note, got a new flavor, Berry Blue which I actually haven't had before.

Tried Oreo's kool-aid combination and it's ****ING INCREDIBLE. It looks like mud but tastes like sex. So like... muddy sex? Flavor's officially named Double the Dirty. Unlike Juu's combination, which was like a smooth calm drink (which is also good), DD is like "yeah flavor yeah flavor yeah fl-WHOA AFTER TASTE YEAHHH FLAVOR". Incredible drink but probably not something I could drink all the time.
Lol. And yeah, I like smooth drinks but man will I have to try Oreo's now.

It's ****ing game time. By the way, Squid/Composer/restofIN. When you come to Columbus (hopefully) and stay at Keister's we're totally doing this.

So yeah, like I said...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFY2kJ96jNY

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
So apparently when you mix Cherry, Black Cherry, Tropical Punch, Orange, Berry Blue, and Grape, IT JUST TASTES LIKE GRAPE.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Well yeah, but to completely nullify five other different flavors is a task I wouldn't even expect the king of flavors to accomplish. Looks like I'm drinking purple for the next few days. Hell yeah.

Sweetserenity74

Smash Rookie
I love black cherry and tropical punch now i wanted to get some ideas for best 3 combos i have only done cherry black cherry and berry cherry surprisingly it was my favorite yet....i love lime i will try the lemonade with the black cherry and tropical...i was just wondering what would go with strawberry and black cherry...i wish they had raspberry ive never seen it

Dr.AwkwA.rD

Smash Rookie
Alright, Midwest. So I just bought a whole lotta Kool-Aid packets and feel like doing some testing. Last time I made Kool-Aid, like a month ago, I mixed two grape packets and an orange and it was AMAZING. So now I'm thinking "why just two??". I'm thinking about mixing three different Kool-Aid flavors for the ultimate experience. But I don't know which.

Here are the flavors I have:

Orange
Cherry
Black Cherry
Grape
Tropical Punch
Ice Blue Rasberry Lemonade
Berry Blue

3 Packets make up a gallon, so I can either do two or three different flavors. So I wanna take requests. When I'm done with this gallon (SHOULDN'T BE LONG) I'm planning on making another so I want ideas! Also should be getting more flavors next time I go to the store.

Discuss.
Oh Yeah™
Fashionably a decade or so late hehe

I've been down this rabbit hole or so for this last decade so here's what I got. First of all I always use three packets when I make Kool-Aid but never three of the same kind. 2 packets of a single flavor is ok, of course hehe.
And Yes, early on i realized i needed to keep an accurate list of all of the combinations as well as the results because there are a lot of 3 packet combinations.

My general recipe is 3 parts packet, 2 parts (64oz each) water and 1-1/2-2 parts (1 cup each) sugar.

The extra .25¢ is money well spent on the final flavor.

If I am going tart like lemonade or black cherry I only use 1-1/2 cups sugar with those three packets in one gallon because it lets the tartness stand out everything else is sweet so i use 1 3/4-2 cups sugar.

Lastly, and most importantly of all. I get ALL the koolaid.

This stuff is concentrated and thusly that residue that stains your fingers contributes more flavor to the final product than you think.

Trust me I'm a retired Pharmacist who specialized in compounding.

So after I dump it I very slowly fill the packet with hot water 2-3x (until its clear) and add that.

How can you truly experience the Kool-Aid if you don't use ALL the kool-aid? Cuz that's with everything it's all about conservation and responsible utilization of resources. Hehe

Thats all the "secrets" I'm sharing. Message me privately for my other idiosyncrasies regarding glass vs plastic. Refrigeration vs Ice. Etc. Hehe

In closing. My all time favorite combination is:
Lemonade
Pink Lemonade
Blue Raspberry Lemonade

1 gal water
1-1/2 cup sugar to let the lemon tartness shine through.

I call it Zombie Blood.

You'll know why when (not if WHEN! :) you make it.
Its sooooo delicious ✓

I've experimented with substituting the other lemonade flavors for the pink lemonade. But the lemonade is the base and the Blue Raspberry is essential for the final presentation. But pink is the bestest 3rd wheel.

I'd truly like to know what you think if you try it. I've never thrown anything out like this (I'm introverted :) but everyone who tries it loves it.

But honestly I can say I've only found one or two mixes that I actually disliked.

So far all of my experiments and results have supported my original hypothesis which is: "It is Statistically Undeniably Possibly Plausible That Every Combination of Kool-Aid Rocks!"
Oh Yeah ™

p.s. I'm actually here right now because I did not have a packet of blue raspberry lemonade tonight and so after throwing a big fit and being upset with my significant other for allowing that to happen. Hehe

I decided I'm going to try:
Orange
Black Cherry
Watermelon

I mean on the surface
It Really shouldn't taste that good Right?
But everytime i think that, which is every time that I use black cherry as an ingredient, guess what? Im always wrong and its tasty.
Black Cherry shouldn't mix with sweet. But it does!
Because, Kool-aid!

I hope everybody's life is better because of this but also I hope everybody's life is betterer even without this!

Have the betterest life you can!

Sincerely,
Dr. AwkwA.rD

Last edited:
Top Bottom