• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Konami's Most Influential Video-Game Mascot: Frogger Leaps into Smash Ultimate?!?! (In Search of New Thread Owner)

Oddball

Smash Lord
If Frogger does get in, his trailer needs to start with either the F-Zero cars or Mario Kart characters racing around the track before showing the frog trying to dodge them in the road.

0danmaster0

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 1773 3199 8400
It's just a fake 4chan post that managed to realize that all characters are released on wednesdays but it is pretty funny to see frogger mentioned.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
It could definitely be fake, but I wouldn't be so dismissive. I'm waiting for Wednesday to see if any of this is true:
1572934107630.png

I never even anticipated Frogger in the slightest, but the NES version was the first video game I ever played and he was my most wanted Brawl newcomer, so this would actually make me teary eyed.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

yep at 9:15 your 4chan thing

but this is easy to determine fake or real

if the costumes and stage and online mode is correct we may want to hold on to are hats

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
I'm shocked this thread hasn't gotten more traffic after all the discussion lately. Frogger gang rise up!

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
Honestly I don't buy the leak, but I think Frogger would be a fantastic addition to the roster.
Smash could really use more Arcade icons, besides Pacman (like Dig-Dug, Q*Bert, Paperboy, and of course, Frogger).
I'd love if he could somehow transform into his original self in some of his moves, like Pacman.
Tho I really don't see what kind of moveset would the little fella get, but I'm sure a creative guy like Sakurai would certainly figure it out.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I was surprised to see Frogger's name be brought up into the discussion. When reflecting onto it, I do see Frogger and Pac-Man being a fun team for Smash. However the moveset sounds like a probability, but not an impossibility.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Moveset wouldn't be a problem. Frogger has about as much to work with as Pac Man did and far more than Duck Hunt. I don't know why this is such a niche idea. I'm sure the leak is fake, but Frogger would actually be a really cool addition.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Add me to the supporters list. Frogger is the classic character that I did not know that I wanted. He would be a great fit! Far better than Joker or Terry.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
Call me a supporter. The only Frogger games I've played was from the classic Frogger era when I was a kid, but I've been aware of the more bipedal Anthro version but never tried his games out. Frogger's definitely a character from grandpa Pac-Man's era that would fit pretty well in Smash Bros. Idk what moves he could take from the anthro/modern frogger but I can see Frogger as a Belmont type character by using his tongue like a whip and for his tether recovery. Also having a speeding car for his down special, spawning out of nowhere and running into anyone on the stage would be pretty cool to see.

I would be down to see the bipedal Frogger from the OP, but personally I would love to see this version of Frogger with the tire tracks tie and suitcase. The briefcase could even been used for tilts or aerial attacks.

1572988823363.jpg Frogger-is-late.png Lottery shill Frogger.jpg

Itty Bit

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Itty Bit♪
3DS FC
2878-9679-6999
As a frog enthusiast, Frogger was a character that I've kind of kept in the back of my mind as a character that would be pretty cool if he made it in, but I wouldn't let my hopes up.
But the more I think of it, the more I realize how iconic this little dude is, and this rumor is giving me hope... Consider me a supporter! I would totally pick him up as a secondary to go with my Greninja, lol

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I can't believe I havent seen this thread, I'm a HUGE Frogger advocate. Honestly I think it would be one of the best additions (that would also make the game even more relatable to a casual and older fanbase.... the ones who have spare cash to buy things...and a good balance off of Steve).

I think he would have a moveset based heavily around evasion.

Suggestions:
  • An Up Special where he actually jumps high, out of the way, but a car is summoned and attacks the opponent
  • A Down Special where he hides in water and a crocodile comes out of the water and eats your opponent.

Frogger was in part known at the time for having a record number of death animations. I would need to see this implemented, in tribute.

Mr. Stevenson

Smash Ace
I’m really curious as to how Frogger would actually look like in Smash.
Probably his most obvious choice is this one:
1602983077626.jpeg

Even tho his most iconic version is his original form as an actual frog, but then again, I guess you could say the same about Pac-Man being best known as a just a yellow pizza without one slice.
All I can say is as long as it’s not the terrible redesign after this one, I’m good.

Oddball

Smash Lord
One idea I had for Frogger's stage is that there would be no actual solid ground. It would just be a series of moving platforms, some you could jump through, so you can't that go across the screen at different heights and speeds.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Say, has anybody here watched Nitro Rad's retrospective on the 3D Frogger games? The ones that made him anthropomorphic? I remember watching those reviews, and they had made me warm up to the idea of that version of Frogger being used more, instead of the normal frog design.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It's almost time for this section to close, so...rest easy, Frogger thread. Hopefully the cards will be in his favor next time. I'll still be supporting him.

Top Bottom