• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Knight Artorias: Ascends from the Abyss (Artorias for SSBU)

Amon O

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 7305 3643 0520
I wish wholeheartedly dark souls gets a rep, and artorias would be a fantastic edition

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
BillybobK or whoever made a video saying Artorias won't happen because "body horror" over the limp arm.

....does a broken arm REALLY count as "body horror"?
It's an overreaction imo
Artorias is no more creepier than Dark Samus and Ridley

D

Deleted member

It's an overreaction imo
Artorias is no more creepier than Dark Samus and Ridley
Though sad thing is I can see one move where he basically pimpslaps the opponent by swinging his limp arm at them. XD

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Though sad thing is I can see one move where he basically pimpslaps the opponent by swinging his limp arm at them. XD
That move exists, but it also spews out some abyss slime from the arm too.

It's actually pretty fast and a pain in the ass to dodgeroll in time.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
That move exists, but it also spews out some abyss slime from the arm too.

It's actually pretty fast and a pain in the *** to dodgeroll in time.
I imagine this move might be his back air. Artorias flaps his arms and swings abyss garbage from behind him.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
BillybobK or whoever made a video saying Artorias won't happen because "body horror" over the limp arm.

....does a broken arm REALLY count as "body horror"?
That's not even close to being body horror. Body horror is stuff like The Fly or The Thing. It's not even the kind of broken arm where you see the bone or gore, it's just limp.
Argument denied, show your work.

D

Deleted member

That's not even close to being body horror. Body horror is stuff like The Fly or The Thing. It's not even the kind of broken arm where you see the bone or gore, it's just limp.
Argument denied, show your work.
Yeah, tbe comment section tore into him on that, lol.

Venclaire

Smash Apprentice
That video was kind of yikes, since his entire argument was based around "it's not family friendly"

I understand the concern, but after getting Bayonetta and Snake, I believe in anything

Last edited:

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
That video was kind of yikes, since his entire argument was based around "it's not family friendly"

I understand the concern, but after getting Bayonetta and Snake, I believe in anything
Daily reminder that the first couple newcomer trailers involve the Mario Brothers (and Mega Man) getting brutally murdered

D

Deleted member

So what do you guys think Artorias’ Classic Mode would be like, thematically speaking? I’m thinking of doing one for him.
Against other "knights" maybe? With the final opponent being Dark Samus to reflect the Abyss and final boss being Rathalos or Ganon because giant monster?

Cruelcumber

Smash Cadet
Against other "knights" maybe? With the final opponent being Dark Samus to reflect the Abyss and final boss being Rathalos or Ganon because giant monster?
I wouldn't be surprised if Wolf was somehow included in his theoretical classic mode thanks to Sif. Perhaps it would be like how in DK's classic mode, Diddy Kong joins up with him after defeat. So unless someone else is Player 2, he always has Wolf with him as an ally, at least for most of it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Still would like to see that 4chan thing that talked about Artorias and Doom Slayer right before the Google thing popped up.

I tried looking for it in the Archive and I found nothing.

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Artorias seems so random as a playable Dark Souls rep, but what if he's actually a stage boss?
To me, that makes far more sense.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Artorias seems so random as a playable Dark Souls rep, but what if he's actually a stage boss?
To me, that makes far more sense.
The only way he'd be a stage boss is if the arena we fight him in the game is the stage chosen for the DLC. And that's extremely unlikely since Anor Londo is the most likely stage for DLC, and Artorias doesn't appear in that place.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
The only way he'd be a stage boss is if the arena we fight him in the game is the stage chosen for the DLC. And that's extremely unlikely since Anor Londo is the most likely stage for DLC, and Artorias doesn't appear in that place.
Ornstein and Smough bossfight let's goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Pillsbury_Soyboy

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5792-6987-8671
Never played Dark Souls, but I'm absolutely for this character (add me to the list, por favor). Seems badass, and I'd love him as a "wildcard" DLC character.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Ornstein and Smough bossfight let's goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Plot twist: When you get O&S to half health, Artorias jumps in through the window as phase 2.
Then when you beat him, Ciaran teleports behind you (nuthen personel kid) and you fight her while Gough fires arrows from the background.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I don't exactly believe in the Google leak, but it has made me curious of Artorias. Seeing him really made me realize how much I have been wanting a character of his style.

D

Deleted member

Venclaire Venclaire
Do you happen to remember what details the 4chan post gave other than Artorias being the next DLC?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Honestly, Google Leak seems relatively legit, im about 70% real on it.

My reaction to Artorias?

Definately an out there choice for a DS rep. I would have gone with Chosen Undead or Solaire, but representing Dark Souls with a boss makes sense. When I think of Dark Souls, I think of the gothic aesthetic and the boss fights and their crushing difficulty. I could see Artorias being chosen due to his visual uniqueness, with his limp arm and all. Overall, a character I did not think I would be happy for but one I would enjoy.

D

Deleted member

How big do you guys think he'd be? Like Ganondorf height when upright or as tall as Ridley is when both are upright, but Artorias is hunched over just like Ridley?

Cruelcumber

Smash Cadet
How big do you guys think he'd be? Like Ganondorf height when upright or as tall as Ridley is when both are upright, but Artorias is hunched over just like Ridley?
I can imagine Artorias being hunched over a bit like he is in the games, but not as tall as Ridley stretched out either. To my knowledge, based on some parameters from the game Artorias is taller than Ornstein when fully straightened. SSBU would probably adjust his height to still make him one of the top five tallest characters in the game however, and I could see him being at least being Bowser's height to get as accurate as possible.

Artorias and Sif.gif

Keep rockin' Artorias supporters. E3 draws closer every day, we will see news about Ultimate's DLC soon.

D

Deleted member

Here's a neat thing I found. But I'm sure the tagline would be something different than this.

EDIT: It won't show up unless you quote.

I also solved the item issue.
Have the item held replace his sword.
For any attacks that aren't Jab, Ftilt, or FSmash that use the sword, the sword appears while the item disappears until he's back in idle stance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Here's a neat thing I found. But I'm sure the tagline would be something different than this.

EDIT: It won't show up unless you quote.

I also solved the item issue.
Have the item held replace his sword.
For any attacks that aren't Jab, Ftilt, or FSmash that use the sword, the sword appears while the item disappears until he's back in idle stance.
That's neat, but I think I'd prefer "Ascends from the Abyss". By the way, here is a Classic Mode I created for Artorias, called Knights of the Abyss. Wolf is an ally the whole way through, and nearly every single stage is Anor Londo in some form.

Stage 1::ultmetaknight: (Meta Knight's Revenge)
Stage 2::ultcorrin: (Road Taken (Roar))
Stage 3: Black :ultike: with :ultsonic: as an ally (Knight of the Wind)
Stage 4::ultsimon: (Aquarius)
Stage 5::ultridley: (King of the Storm)
Stage 6::ultdarksamus: on Brinstar (Abyss Watchers (New Remix))
Boss: Ganon

Last edited:

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Obviously, when Artorias wins a match, instead of the announcer shouting "Game" or "Game Set", you get the famous "You Died" message, complete with the iconic echo of chains.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Obviously, when Artorias wins a match, instead of the announcer shouting "Game" or "Game Set", you get the famous "You Died" message, complete with the iconic echo of chains.
Nah, that should be an addition to the stock pop-up whenever someone loses a stock to him 1v1. If he loses a stock instead it's "YOU DEFEATED."

D

Deleted member

Because of the Google "leak" being most likely fake, I get the feeling supporters of Artorias are going to take heavy fire.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
Imagine being angry at people for wanting a fictional character in a video game.
Yeah, I mean what's wrong with wanting certain characters? I can see pointing out why a character would not be in but there is no reason for one to be an asshole about it.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
add me to that support list babyyyyyyy I hope this rumor is real just for Artorias. Would be so incredible seeing him there.

D

Deleted member

Google leak or not, we still have a shot.

Even if the 4chan post from back in February that says Artorias is the next DLC is false, we still have a shot.

It won't be over until we know all the DLC or we get a different Bamco character, whichever comes first.

But at least now we have our foot in the door speculation-wise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lycan Rex

Smash Ace
Add me to the support list. I feel iffy about the Google theory now, but I would be ecstatic to see artorias in smash.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Add me to the support list. I really want a Dark Souls character in Smash and fake or not the Google leak really got me to like the idea of Artorias in Smash.

D

Deleted member

Add me to the support list. I really want a Dark Souls character in Smash and fake or not the Google leak really got me to like the idea of Artorias in Smash.
I know, right?
Wouldn't have even thought about it if it weren't for the leak. And now that the leak put the idea in my head, I can't help but want it even without having played Dark Souls or any plans to do so.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I know, right?
Wouldn't have even thought about it if it weren't for the leak. And now that the leak put the idea in my head, I can't help but want it even without having played Dark Souls or any plans to do so.
It's a really good game though. I recommend you give it a shot.

Top Bottom