• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Klonoa - The Dream Traveler enters the ring!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I don't know why, but I can't shake the feeling Klonoa will find a way into Ultimate. Maybe not as a playable character, but maybe a deluxe Mii costume or even a Spirit event. It's weird because I never get these feelings.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Just dropping by to give my support. <3 Would be a dream to have Klonoa in the final Fighter's Pass.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Oh, I was wondering if there was a Klonoa thread. Howdy!

He's probably my #1 pipe dream character. Someone I don't expect, but would lose my marbles over.

Emelie

Smash Cadet
I love the ending of Klonoa. It is like a mix between Link's Awakening and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. Very emotional.

Maybe Joka could appear as a boss. Or does he look too similar to Marx in terms of aesthetics? They both have this whole evil clown thing going on...

Last edited:

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Klonoa would really be an interesting deep cut. We haven't really had a deep cut third party character pick yet. Banjo was at least popular in his time and Terry is very popular in Latin America. I can't think of a time or region Klonoa was remotely popular.

OnyanRings

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4662-0014-5533
Even if we consider Heihachi out of the running, Klonoa still has a lot of competition within Bandai Namco.
Capture.PNG

But i'm suprised to see so much support for Klonoa, even outside of smashboards, i see him being mentioned quite a bit.
Still holding out for my Boi in Blue !

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Yeah he's in a bit of a weird state where he's not super likely, but not impossible either. I'm aware most people would go 'literal who' during his trailer lol but that doesn't really bother me.

I wish Nintendo would rerelease Klonoa Wii in some fashion, but they seem deadset on avoiding proper virtual console for some silly reason.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Klonoa is my second hope besides Lloyd. So count me in!

Here I'm wondering when that Klonoa encore new trademark will manifest itself as a game of some sort…

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Support! Klonoa needs all the help he can get!
And besides, we've already gotten three Encore titles so far. I'm sure another wouldn't hurt, right?

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
Well, Sakurai did go on recond saying popularity and relevance aren't the only deciding factors in making it in. If they want unique characters like Min-Min you can't get more unique than Klonoa.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Here's to hoping either Lloyd or Klonoa makes it in, while it's unfortunate about Heihachi and their fans, I'm glad that's an obstacle out of the way. Now we just pray we don't get a mii or spirited away as we wait…

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Here's to hoping either Lloyd or Klonoa makes it in, while it's unfortunate about Heihachi and their fans, I'm glad that's an obstacle out of the way. Now we just pray we don't get a mii or spirited away as we wait…
Lloyd could get his costume back too.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
If we ever get Klonoa, I think he should have his alts change his hat change to reference other Bandai-Namco characters and series. For example, one could have the Soul Edge, another would be a ghost like Nightmare Klonoa from the webcomic, one would have a Digivice, etc. I think it would be a nice little nod to Bamco characters that didn't get their chance.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I know this is moreso based on NiGHTS than it is Klonoa (heck, it's being made by NiGHTS's original creators), but I noticed that there seems to be a bit of overlap between their fanbase and Klonoa's (likely due to similar themes), so I figured I would show this trailer here for anybody interested.

Like I said, it's more based on NiGHTS, but that makes me think we might get some Klonoa vibes as well. I have noticed a few Klonoa fans excited for this, after all.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I support Klonoa!

I wish they made a new game or at least a remake of the first game, like with the Wii game. Heck they could port that over and I would be happy. I get that Klonoa isn't their biggest character but he still makes cameos occasionally so they still keep him in mind. With the success of the Switch, they could honestly port Klonoa Wii to it and it would probably do well with some marketing.

Man, I have some good memories playing the second game. I need to get back into this series sometime soon.

On another side note, I think Bandai Namco should collaborate with another company(ies) like another Project X Zone type game or a fighting game since they have a decent selection of characters to choose from. As a supporter of not just Klonoa, but also Agumon and Nightmare, it would be real nice to see all these characters get the spotlight and crossover with each other since we will only get up to one more Bandai Namco character in Smash and that isn't even guaranteed.

Maybe a Bandai Namco vs Capcom crossover game if Capcom tries to do a Marvel Vs Capcom game but with a different company. I looked it up and found out this game exists:

B x C.jpg

But it was only made in Japan. But I guess Project X Zone could be considered the spiritual successor of it.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm dying for another Klonoa game. I have been watching ebay for weeks now looking for a decent price for one of the games.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
" Starting September 27 at 14:00 JST, Bandai Namco will host “TGS 2020 Online Bandai Namco Eight-Hour TV,” an eight-hour live stream featuring the latest information on the company’s upcoming titles. Specific contents, scheduling, and campaigns will be announced at a later date. "

Surely in that 8 hours, they can show us a little Klonoa trailer or two? ;)

zumaddy

Smash Ace
"On Sept. 25th 2020, the Klonoa Encore trademark has once again updated stating, "Record of Registration - Registration Certificate (登録記録 登録証)" For most trademarks with Bandai Namco this is typically the final step. Announcement is unknown"

We could see something related to Klonoa before the year is out!

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team

SharkLord

Smash Hero
"On Sept. 25th 2020, the Klonoa Encore trademark has once again updated stating, "Record of Registration - Registration Certificate (登録記録 登録証)" For most trademarks with Bandai Namco this is typically the final step. Announcement is unknown"

We could see something related to Klonoa before the year is out!
Oh boy oh boy oh boy

Something interesting to note is that according to one reply there, Mr. Driller got a European registry four months after the Japanese one, followed by a reveal two months later. I think our last checkpoint here would be an American/European certificate, and then it's only a matter of time.

Clumsyzephyr

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, I just finished replaying both console games and thought I'd come here to support. Regardless of how small a chance he has, I'd love to see him make it into smash, it'd certainly help put a spotlight on this underrated gem of a series that deserves it.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Between waiting for Klonoa encore's trademark to manifest already into an announcement of a game… and no news of Tales Of series after the promise they made for upcoming news back in July… I have to say… Namco knows how to test my goddamned patience, lol

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Between waiting for Klonoa encore's trademark to manifest already into an announcement of a game… and no news of Tales Of series after the promise they made for upcoming news back in July… I have to say… Namco knows how to test my goddamned patience, lol
Aren't you that one guy who helped bring those Golden Sun trademarks to light? I figured this'd be nothing compared to that. Then again, different people have different priorities.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Aren't you that one guy who helped bring those Golden Sun trademarks to light? I figured this'd be nothing compared to that. Then again, different people have different priorities.
There are people already covering klonoa's trademark, like tumblr or some place I think I saw, so I figured I didn't have to, I'm just expecting results from it like everyone else 🤷‍♂️

Top Bottom