• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Klonoa - The Dream Traveler enters the ring!

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Between waiting for Klonoa encore's trademark to manifest already into an announcement of a game… and no news of Tales Of series after the promise they made for upcoming news back in July… I have to say… Namco knows how to test my goddamned patience, lol
I can relate. Over three years of waiting and Sonic Twitter chooses to post self-aware Sonic memes rather than give us any details for the next mainline game.

kaithehedgefox

Smash Lord
Not upset nor complaining, but one things I've wondered about Klonoa, is why does Klonoa look like a Sonic character?

Fruthermore, Klonoa could also be a deluxe mii costume, with a headgear that covers the entire mii's head.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Hey, uh...
Guys?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Hey, uh...
Guys?
Let's see what the new year has to offer, eh?

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Not upset nor complaining, but one things I've wondered about Klonoa, is why does Klonoa look like a Sonic character?

Fruthermore, Klonoa could also be a deluxe mii costume, with a headgear that covers the entire mii's head.
I can't ever unsee that now.....

Also, Klonoa does have the proportions to be a Mii Costume. The only problem would be the floppy ears.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Hey, uh...
Guys?
Is it safe to get hyped yet? Next year, we might get to see our boi get revived.

Last edited:

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully we get a Klonoa revival this year. And Klonoa in Smash too!

Also, Klonoa is my favorite potential-NAMCO rep, I just like him.

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Happy 20th anniversary to my fave game in the series, Klonoa 2 Lunatea's Veil. Sounds like an excellent excuse for a remake to me ;) Here's hoping the 10 year drought finally ends this year.

klonoa.jpg

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
Maybe the reason why we've yet to see a Lloyd's Mii costume is that he's packed with a playable Namco character. Klonoa is left-field yet relevant enough to make it in.

Klonoa may be obscure, but we can simply just discount that fact.
So is Duck Hunt Dog yet he made the cut as the retro representative for Smash Bros Wii U/3DS.

TheThingamajigRayman

Smash Journeyman
Could be. Who knows?
Only Sakurai and Nintendo, iirc.

Seriously though, I can see the Lloyd Mii costume coming with another NAMCO fighter, whether it be Klonoa, someone else, or a character that has nothing to do with NAMCO, perhaps becoming a fighter himself, or just the costume not returning at all, though this is the least likely of the bunch to me, since I can't see them having every other costume return besides Lloyd. So far, every SSB4 DLC Mii (Not including the few from base roster) has kicked the can, except for Lloyd. I personally just see him suffering the same fate that Monster Hunter and Geno did, but that's just me. It wouldn't bother me at all if it did happen, considering I've never played a Tales Of game in my entire life, but at the same time I would feel sympathy towards the countless Lloyd supporters who have hoped for him for years.
image (1) (3) (1).png

I hope for Klonoa, but at the same time I know he doesn't stand a dream of a chance, unless those rumoured Klonoa ENCORE re-makes come soon, but even then he still has to compete with Lloyd, literally every Tales Of protagonist, Heihachi, Agumon, Chosen Undead and others. At this point, I'd be completely satisfied with just the franchise getting revived by a re-make, and preferably more after said re-make, but hey. You take what you can get.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I man, we dodged a bullet there. Actually posted on my birthday too, funnily enough.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
I man, we dodged a bullet there. Actually posted on my birthday too, funnily enough.
Props to Namco for trying to keep Klonoa relevant when they don't have much financial incentive to do so.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Here's hoping we see something at E3? At the same time I find it hard to hope after a few Klonoa related entries through the years got cancelled or discontinued.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
This is not a drill: Klonoa has recieved acknowledgement.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
This is not a drill: Klonoa has recieved acknowledgement.

Ok that's it, they really need to stop fiddling fans' balls with Klonoa and just announce whatever they got. Hopefully this E3 the mystery of Encore is finally over. 😩 Bamco surely knows how to give fans blue balls, they kept us waiting on Tales of Arise news for like what it felt forever as it is.

Glad to see that 80+ % out of 7.5k votes are people craving for more.

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Ok that's it, they really need to stop fiddling fans' balls with Klonoa and just announce whatever they got. Hopefully this E3 the mystery of Encore is finally over. 😩 Bamco surely knows how to give fans blue balls, they kept us waiting on Tales of Arise news for like what it felt forever as it is.

Glad to see that 80+ % out of 7.5k votes are people craving for more.
I actually have a very good feeling that Encore might be at E3. I was back and forth on it until I checked something today and it pushed me over the edge and convinced me that it might actually be happening.

See, Ship To Shore Media is a company that does vinyl records and last Christmas they opened pre-orders for an album of Door to Phantomile's soundtrack and it later released in January. (I remember because my birthday is in Jan and I got it as an early birthday gift to myself)

At the end of April they opened pre-orders for the album to Lunatea's Veil and I expected a similar turnaround time when I put my order down, but after three weeks I checked to see where it was and I was stunned to see it's launching in OCTOBER

1621384285308.png

It's such a long way away considering how fast the first one released. It's almost as if it were launching to coincide with something. An E3 reveal of Encore for an October release doesn't sound unreasonable to assume, especially if it's been developed behind the scenes all this time.

Sooo... yeah, I'm actually going into this with a decent bit of hope

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Interesting. You think it might be a new game or...?
The previous Encore titles Bamco has put out - Namely the Mr. Driller Land remaster and what is called titled Katamari Demacy Reroll in the West - Are all remasters, so general consensus is that Klonoa Encore is a remaster. Jury's still out on what game(s), exactly, though I think the first game is what people look towards the most.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
It's not likely but I'm REALLY hoping the game being remastered is 2. The original already had a Wii remake which is good (I think some fans don't like it, but I generally do) and 2 has a ton of problems with emulation.

MorbidMiraj

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait for the Encore release. It's been teased for what feels like years through these trademark filings. It's exciting that the Encore release will in-fact have two games. I wonder if they'll go with the Wii Remake or the original Door to Phantomile in addition to Lunatea's Veil. Maybe the Wii Remake would be the default, and the PS1 original would be an unlockable?

Also the timing of this might suggest Klonoa could be the final fighter. He's a Namco mascot, and they do most of the development of the Smash series...

zumaddy

Smash Ace
I'm really REALLY hoping 2 gets the remaster treatment alongside 1. It's my favourite of the series, hard to get a hold of physically (my old copy can't be read anymore) and a pain to emulate properly.

Marvel-Otaku-Man

Smash Apprentice
Huh, what are the odds? I was having my yearly play through of Klonoa 2 just last week. I hope its a sign for some good news soon.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Did anyone else hear the "collections" part of the Nintendo Direct and expect Klonoa? :')

Top Bottom