• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KKR Buffs in 8.0.0!

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Taken from here and translated: https://www.nintendo.co.jp/support/switch/software_support/aaab/detail/800_fighter.html

King Krull (lol)

Dash attack
I've increased the distance. Increased the time that the attack judgment of a high attack power lasts.

Over Smash Attack
Increased attack power. I've increased the distance.

Post-throw
I changed the angle.

Yoko-Dead-killing Waza
When throwing the crown, it was difficult to flinch by the opponent's attack.

Others
I increased the durability of the tummy.

EDIT: English update:

King K. Rool Dash Attack Extended launch distance.
Increased the amount of time hit detection lasts for the high-damage range.

King K. Rool Up Smash Attack Increased power.
Extended launch distance.

King K. Rool Backward Throw Adjusted launch angle.

King K. Rool Side Special Made it hard to flinch from opponent's attacks while throwing the crown.

King K. Rool Other Increased durability of the belly.

Last edited:

Dε√ilj∦o

Smash Journeyman
I would've taken less lag after throwing the Krown but it's ok. Hopefully the amount of armor they added is significant.

Dash attack kills Jigglypuff at 100% near the center of FD.

I've read somebody say that Belly can take a warlock punch and not break.

I've read somebody else mention that the patch notes are wrong and that it's his Blunderbuss back throw that was buffed ; seems still pitifully weak above 100%.

I'm pretty sure it's back throw that was buffed ; i killed a level 9, DIing Donkey Kong at 126% at the edge, WITH NO RAGE, which is really low. The new angle is stupid ; it kills better than Incineroar's back throw FFS..

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I would've taken less lag after throwing the Krown but it's ok. Hopefully the amount of armor they added is significant.

Dash attack kills Jigglypuff at 100% near the center of FD.

I've read somebody say that Belly can take a warlock punch and not break.

I've read somebody else mention that the patch notes are wrong and that it's his Blunderbuss back throw that was buffed ; seems still pitifully weak above 100%.

I'm pretty sure it's back throw that was buffed ; i killed a level 9, DIing Donkey Kong at 126% at the edge, WITH NO RAGE, which is really low. The new angle is stupid ; it kills better than Incineroar's back throw FFS..
Just confirmed that it can take a warlock punch but not a reverse warlock punch, so it's absorption is now somewhere between 36 and 44%.

Dε√ilj∦o

Smash Journeyman
Just confirmed that it can take a warlock punch but not a reverse warlock punch, so it's absorption is now somewhere between 36 and 44%.
Ooooh boy that is huge. That means K. Rool can win new interactions with more belly health, such has taking two Piranha Plant ptooies in the belly and not break, taking up smashes, resisting even more aerial attacks when landing with nair... This is actually a big buff.

According to smash wiki, heavy armor threshold of Krown has been DOUBLED, from 6% to 12%.
If this is true, that is HUGE in zoning matchups, as it will actually allow K. Rool to contest and tank opposite projectiles with Krown! Think of Snake's grenades, that do 10%! It also means tanking a good portion of aerial attacks in the game, although you can still get grabbed.

And back throw is a ridiculous kill throw at ledge now, as I said the new angle is really NASTY. It can kill dummy early.

EDIT: was fighting a CPU Rool in training mode with Min Min. Her Megawatt Nair does 14.4% and he tanked it while throwing Krown ; so the 20% 1v1 is taken into account increasing Krown's heavy armor. That confirms it is now 12% since 12+20%= 14.4. I love this buff.

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Looks like Smash Wiki has the full list:

https://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_updates_(SSBU)/8.0.0_changelog#King_K._Rool

Buff Belly Super Armor has more durability (28.02% → 36.02%), allowing it to tank attacks like Ganondorf's forward smash at max durability.
Dash attack:
Buff The move has more knockback scaling (57 → 61 (clean), 48 → 55 (late)).
Buff The clean hit has a longer duration, with the late hit's duration reduced accordingly (frames 7-11 (clean)/12-25 (late) → 7-14/15-25).
Buff Up smash's first hit deals more damage (15% → 17%) without full compensation on knockback (32 base/95 scaling → 31/90), improving its KO potential.
Buff Pummel has a larger hitbox (7u → 8u), allowing it to connect more consistently.
Buff Back throw launches at a lower angle (45° → 35°), allowing it to KO around 20% earlier.
Buff Crownerang has an increased armor threshold (6% → 12%).

Didn't know about the pummel hitbox increase, nor that it was even an issue...?

Last edited:

KingDoop

Smash Cadet
After a few days my thoughts are that this patch has been a godsend. For two reason:

The new crown toss heavy armor allows k.rool to harass zoners as there aren't many projectiles going over 12% damage. Being able to tank pk fire has been amazing. Havent played a pacman yet but I assume its similarly satisfying.

Back throw...the first time I was standing at the ledge and my opponent was at 0% and my back throw placed them perfectly for a dair spike, i thought it was cool. Then I kept happening, on different people using different characters. Soooo thats a thing apparently.

Not claiming its a combo or anything, but its been happening consistently enough to warrant some attention

Dε√ilj∦o

Smash Journeyman
Not a combo but let's actually talk about wha back throw does for sure. Killing only 9% later than Ness' back throw at the ledge. 103% on Mario to exact. It's stupid.

Top Bottom