• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kiryu Kazuma: The Dragon Of Dojima

ChiefGamers

Smash Cadet
After finally finishing Yakuza Kiwami for the first time tonight (with all the substories to boot), I think it's safe to say count me as a supporter for Kiryu and Majima. I try to avoid being the type of person to play a game once and suddenly want the character in Smash, but I absolutely adored my time with this game and it was about halfway through I realized Kiryu would be genuinely perfect for Smash. About to start 0, seriously looking forward to getting deeper into this series, I can already tell it's going to be one of my favorites.

Now we just gotta see Kiryu unleash the dragon in Smash!

D

Deleted member

Just gotta have Kiryu kill Wario and someone else kill Waluigi once they add him and we're set
Well Spring Man appeared in Min Min's trailer despite being an Assist Trophy. Also, I would assume Majima would kill Waluigi if they too added Majima as a playable character.

ChiefGamers

Smash Cadet
Well Spring Man appeared in Min Min's trailer despite being an Assist Trophy. Also, I would assume Majima would kill Waluigi if they too added Majima as a playable character.
Tough buff macho man with a bike gets killed by tough buff macho man with a bike, skinny weirdo with a thing for dance kills skinny weirdo with a thing for dance

It's too perfect to not do it

Last edited:

ChiefGamers

Smash Cadet
Question for you guys: What Mii costumes would you like to see Kiryu bring? Personally I'm feeling Haruka (Similar to Aerith, Tifa and Barret where it's just her outfit), Ono Michi, Majima (I'd love him as a character too but if we're only getting Kiryu I'll take a Majima swordfighter with a bat), and maybe Ichiban.

I'm still a bit new to the series so are there any other characters you guys could see working as mii costumes?

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Question for you guys: What Mii costumes would you like to see Kiryu bring? Personally I'm feeling Haruka (Similar to Aerith, Tifa and Barret where it's just her outfit), Ono Michi, Majima (I'd love him as a character too but if we're only getting Kiryu I'll take a Majima swordfighter with a bat), and maybe Ichiban.

I'm still a bit new to the series so are there any other characters you guys could see working as mii costumes?
If Ichiban isn't playable, I need him as a swordfighter. He'd be perfect.

D

Deleted member

If Ichiban isn't playable, I need him as a swordfighter. He'd be perfect.
Obviously I don't hate Ichiban (only because I never play Yakuza, I want to though) but isn't he too new?

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace

Easily Shun Akiyama's outfit and Saejima's Jacket for that proper Yakuza 4/5 representation. Haruka is way too iconic as well so I can see her getting Mii'd too, though I don't know if they'd go with her popstar clothes or regular ones. Majima is 100% a given, it'd be cool if the Mii included his hair and eyepatch.

If they somehow would be able to pull off Yakuza 7's Hell Stew face paint as a Mii Hat with the Mii Outfit being the outfit Ichiban wears in that karaoke song, that would be absolutely amazing. Making it a Mii Swordfighter exclusive and making the Sword a Mic Stand would be the icing on the cake.

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
I feel Majima and Ichiban are the must costumes set, with stuff like Haruka, Akiyama and Saejima being possibilities, maybe something like Daigo or Kazama?

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman

Shirtless alt, Akiyama alt, Judgement alt, Taxi Driver alt, Coatless alt (Just the red shirt), and so many more. Also, I can see Ichiban and Majima working as swordfigthers, and Saejima as a Brawler. Other than that, costumes from other Sega games.

Obviously I don't hate Ichiban (only because I never play Yakuza, I want to though) but isn't he too new?
Like a Dragon wasn't actually his first appearance; he first appeared in Ryu ga Gotoku Online back in 2018, so I wouldn't say he's too new.

D

Deleted member

Like a Dragon wasn't actually his first appearance; he first appeared in Ryu ga Gotoku Online back in 2018, so I wouldn't say he's too new.
Odd, I thought they add Ichiban in Ryu ga Gotoku Online to promote Yakuza 7. Anyways, I'm just gonna assume Ichiban would be Yakuza's Nero.

D

Deleted member

Alternate Costumes
  1. Default
  2. Hell Stew
  3. Janitor
  4. Dancer
  5. Bodyguard
  6. Shirtless
  7. Kazuma Kiryu
  8. Goro Majima
Fighter Spirit
Ichiban_Kasuga_-_YLAD_-_Render_(2019).png

Spirit: Ichiban Kasuga

Yakuza-Like-A-Dragon_DLC_Demon.jpg
Spirit: Ichiban Kasuga (Hell Stew)

Yakuza-Like-A-Dragon_CleanerKasuga.jpg
Spirit: Ichiban Kasuga (Janitor)

Ichiban_Kasuga_(Dancer).jpg
Spirit: Ichiban Kasuga (Dancer)

Ichiban_Kasuga_(Bodyguard).jpg
Spirit: Ichiban Kasuga (Bodyguard)

Yakuza-7-1.jpg
Spirit: Ichiban Kasuga (Kazuma Kiryu)

Ichiban_Kasuga_(Gorō_Majima).jpg
Spirit: Ichiban Kasuga (Goro Majima)

Boxing Ring: The Rock-Bottom Dragon
Classic Title: The Only Way Forward is Up

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I'd say him being Mark Hamil was the actual obstacle into bringing him back. Even if he doesn't remember voicing Majima, I'm guessing he would be okay with reprising the role if the money is enough. I'd imagine he's not cheap at all, so I can see why Sega would decide going with another VA.
I should've said this earlier, but you have George Takei in the game.

Handy Man

Smash Ace
I got into the Yakuza series in January thanks to Xbox Game Pass. I have beaten 0, Kiwami, and Kiwami 2, and am currently on 3 right now. The Yakuza games have been a pleasant surprise, and I would go as far to say that they are some of the greatest games I have ever played. Kiryu is not high on my most wanted characters list, and I think a second Sonic character is more deserving in my opinion, but I would pop off hard if Kiryu was added as a Smash fighter regardless. Sign me up for the supporters list!

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I got into the Yakuza series in January thanks to Xbox Game Pass. I have beaten 0, Kiwami, and Kiwami 2, and am currently on 3 right now. The Yakuza games have been a pleasant surprise, and I would go as far to say that they are some of the greatest games I have ever played. Kiryu is not high on my most wanted characters list, and I think a second Sonic character is more deserving in my opinion, but I would pop off hard if Kiryu was added as a Smash fighter regardless. Sign me up for the supporters list!
Glad to see you're enjoying your time with the series.
Yakuza games being on Xbox/Gamepass has been helping as well, a lot of hesitant people have tried the games thanks to Gamepass and ended loving the franchise, which is very cool.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the series as well!

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
welp, I'm finally up to date with the mainline games. I feel the one highlight from the stuff between 0 and 7 (as far as the series continuity goes anyhow) was 5, if it weren't for the insufferable encounter rates I'd hold it in the same high regard as those two, 6 wasn't a bad closure for Kiryu's saga as well imo.
Everything else gave me fairly indifferent feelings overall, 4 was probably my least favorite if I had to choose one, but none were bad or anything close to that.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Yeah the encounter rate in 5 was high. It was also high in 3 or 4 but 5 was kinda more noticeable.
Not that I was mad about it, I really enjoyed the combat in 5 (gameplay wise, the peak of the series alongside 0 IMO) so I didn't really have a problem.

As for 4, I personally liked it a lot. Better than 1-3 for me.

And kinda random, but...
IMG_20210328_175928.jpg

I recently 100% Yakuza 5 lol. It was fun. Probably the ''easiest'' game in the series before 6 to 100%.

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Yeah the encounter rate in 5 was high. It was also high in 3 or 4 but 5 was kinda more noticeable.
Not that I was mad about it, I really enjoyed the combat in 5 (gameplay wise, the peak of the series alongside 0 IMO) so I didn't really have a problem.

As for 4, I personally liked it a lot. Better than 1-3 for me.

And kinda random, but...
View attachment 309015
I recently 100% Yakuza 5 lol. It was fun. Probably the ''easiest'' game in the series before 6 to 100%.
Yooo, that's amazing. That reminds me that I've actually been trying to platinum Yakuza Kiwami! Got all the trophies down except for the Legend Difficulty one, and well, that car chase hits like a brick I can tell you that much....

I'm planning to platinum the entire series at one point. I've already got 0 behind me. It's been a good while since I've played the Yakuza series so I'm excited to see those familiar faces again. (Akiyama-San, my love)

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Yooo, that's amazing. That reminds me that I've actually been trying to platinum Yakuza Kiwami! Got all the trophies down except for the Legend Difficulty one, and well, that car chase hits like a brick I can tell you that much....

I'm planning to platinum the entire series at one point. I've already got 0 behind me. It's been a good while since I've played the Yakuza series so I'm excited to see those familiar faces again. (Akiyama-San, my love)
Good luck with the car chase then. That is certainly hard in Legend difficulty lol

I'd like to get the platinum for 0 as well but the minigame requirements for the 100% are harder. 5 is longer game with more content but for that reason most of the minigame completion things were not as demanding as they usually are in the series.
Tho I finished 0 in Legend difficulty back then, and it was fun.

D

Deleted member

Classic Mode: The Future I Dreamed of (Ichiban)
1. :ultpikachu:, :ultjigglypuff:, :ultpichu:, :ultmewtwo:, :ultsquirtle:, :ultivysaur:, :ultcharizard:, :ultlucario:, :ultgreninja:, :ultincineroar:, Bulbasaur, Charmeleon, Blastoise
Stage: Pokémon Stadium
Music: Main Theme-Pokémon Red & Blue (Brawl)

2. :ultness:, :ultlucas:
Stage: Magicant
Music: Onett Theme/Winters Theme

3. :ultjoker:, :ultswordfighter:(Persona 1 Protagonist Wig, Persona 1 Protagonist Outfit), :ultswordfighter:(Persona 2 Protagonist Wig, Persona 2 Protagonist Outfit) :ultswordfighter:(Persona 3 Protagonist Wig, Persona 3 Protagonist Outfit):ultswordfighter:(Persona 4 Protagonist Wig, Persona 4 Protagonist Outfit)
Stage: Mementos
Music: Last Surprise

4.:ultcloud:, :ultsephiroth:, Tifa, Terra, :ultgunner:(Barrett Outfit), :ultswordfighter:(Aerith Outfit)
Stage: Midgar
Music: Let the Battles Begin!

5. Majima, 30x :ultbrawler:(Builder Mario Hat, Business Suit), 30x :ultswordfighter:(Builder Mario Helmet, Business Suit)
Stage: Fourside
Music: 24-Hour Cinderella

6. Kiryu
Stage: Kamurocho (Ω)
Music: Judgment -Shinpan- (Kazuma Kiryu)

Bonus Stage

Final: :ulthero:, :ulthero3:, Heroine (DQ3), :ulthero4:, Sofia, :ulthero2:, Slime
Stage: Yggdrasil's Altar
Music: Adventure-Dragon Quest III

References:
1-4: Yakuza shifting from an action game to a turn-based RPG.
5.:ultbrawler: and :ultswordfighter: wearing a Builder Mario Helmet in reference to Majima's company "Majima Construction".
6. The battle between the new protagonist and the longstanding protagonist.
Final: Referencing Ichiban's love for the Dragon Quest series.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Classic Mode: The Future I Dreamed of (Ichiban)
1. :ultpikachu:, :ultjigglypuff:, :ultpichu:, :ultmewtwo:, :ultsquirtle:, :ultivysaur:, :ultcharizard:, :ultlucario:, :ultgreninja:, :ultincineroar:
Stage: Pokémon Stadium
Music: Main Theme-Pokémon Red & Blue (Brawl)

2. :ultness:, :ultlucas:
Stage: Magicant
Music: Onett Theme/Winters Theme

3. :ultjoker:, :ultswordfighter:(Persona 1 Protagonist Wig, Persona 1 Protagonist Outfit), :ultswordfighter:(Persona 2 Protagonist Wig, Persona 2 Protagonist Outfit) :ultswordfighter:(Persona 3 Protagonist Wig, Persona 3 Protagonist Outfit):ultswordfighter:(Persona 4 Protagonist Wig, Persona 4 Protagonist Outfit)
Stage: Mementos
Music: Last Surprise

4.:ultcloud:, :ultsephiroth:, Tifa, :ultgunner:(Barrett Outfit), :ultswordfighter:(Aerith Outfit)
Stage: Midgar
Music: Let the Battles Begin!

5. Majima, 30x :ultbrawler:(Builder Mario Hat, Business Suit), 30x :ultswordfighter:(Builder Mario Helmet, Business Suit)
Stage: Fourside
Music: 24-Hour Cinderella

6. Kiryu
Stage: Kamurocho (Ω)
Music: Judgment -Shinpan- (Kazuma Kiryu)

Bonus Stage

Final: :ulthero:, :ulthero3:, Heroine (DQ3), :ulthero4:, Sofia, :ulthero2:, Slime
Stage: Yggdrasil's Altar
Music: Adventure-Dragon Quest III

References:
1-4: Yakuza shifting from an action game to a turn-based RPG.
5.:ultbrawler: and :ultswordfighter: wearing a Builder Mario Helmet in reference to Majima's company "Majima Construction".
6. The battle between the new protagonist and the longstanding protagonist.
Final: Referencing Ichiban's love for the Dragon Quest franchise.
Really digging your Ichiban stuff! If you check my signature, I've made an Ichiban support thread and would love to see you in it!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I've come in here to say even though you guys didn't get him, given how similar they look and supposedly have, Kazuya has been revealed as the next fighter.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I've come in here to say even though you guys didn't get him, given how similar they look and supposedly have, Kazuya has been revealed as the next fighter.
One of my big wants with a character this pass was a heavy-handed martial artist. Maybe Kiryu didn't make it, but I'm happy we got someone from another series I absolutely love that also fulfills this wish.

But hey, there's still one fighter left. Who knows?

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Now the thought of a female Tekken rep getting over Kazuya and Kiryu following came to mind, that'd have been pretty funny given the directors stance of Kiryu in Tekken.

D

Deleted member

To commemorate the 5th anniversary of the anime movie "Your Name", I found an interesting fact about the main character Taki Tachibana. In the original Japanese, Taki has a different name in Japanese. Not only that but in the original, Taki often refer to Mitsuha as "MITSUHA-CHAN!" while yelling.
untitled (3).png

D

Deleted member

To commemorate the 5th anniversary of the anime movie "Your Name", I found an interesting fact about the main character Taki Tachibana. In the original Japanese, Taki has a different name in Japanese. Not only that but in the original, Taki often refer to Mitsuha as "MITSUHA-CHAN!" while yelling.View attachment 331332
"MITSUHA MIYAMIZU
EX-TOJO CLAN FOURTH CHAIRWOMAN"

"TAKI TACHIBANA
EX-TOJO CLAN LIEUTENANT ADVISOR
TACHIBANA FAMILY PATRIARCH"

Top Bottom