• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirk's Everything Ike Guide **New** Update: New Wifi Matches Added

Kirk

Smash Champion
Kirk's Everything Ike Guide
Incomplete! A Work in Progress

---------------------------------------------------------

Table of Contents

1. Introduction
2. Ike in Brawl
3. Complete Moveset Impressions
4. General Strategies
5. Character Specific Match-ups
6. Ike Videos
7. Current Projects and Updates
8. Closing and Comments

1. Introduction

First I would like to say thank you for checking out my guide!

This guide is a work in progress, so please bear with me on that fact. I will add the rest when I have more time to spend and write on this.

If you have any more questions, just ASK! I'm always willing to help. My knowledge of Ike is at your disposal! You can post it here or you can PM me.

Any suggestions for the guide? Let me know!! Like I said, this is a work in progress, so really anything helps :D

So...

This guide a result from my many hours of Ike play, the questions that people have asked around these and other boards, and the various tests that people have asked me to do. Thank you all for the praise and the support of my findings. I put a lot of time and effort into this and I hope you like it.

2. Ike in Brawl

Coming soon...

3. Complete Moveset Impressions

Here I will go through Ike's entire moveset. I will describe what each attack in a number of ways:

--What the attack is
--What is unique about the attack
--Special uses for the attack
--Other interesting facts worth noting

This section is a long, in-depth read, and I hope you can learn at least one new thing about Ike from it.

Also, I apologize in advance if a technique was already discovered and I called it something else. I would like to say I created all of my own techniques, but it is inevitable that there is at least one thing that has been done already. I've tried to include names that I knew if they were already there.

Ground Attacks

Neutral A Combo

What is it? --Hold A to repeatedly jab. Tapping A in quick succession will perform his standard 3 hit combo (Jab, Kick, Sword). This move is very important for Ike, as it is his fastest attack. It can disrupt your opponent’s combos, and the last hit has decent knockback to it. Little lag afterwards also helps when you chase after your opponent.

Uses:

Single/Double Jabs: --Intentionally use the first hit or first 2 hits, excluding the last hit of the combo. You can combo his jabs into grabs or other attacks with this. Basically this is a mindgame, as it keeps your opponent guessing and it may screw up their timing.

Dash Cancel into Jabs: --While dashing, cancel your dash by tapping the shield, follow immediately with the Neutral A combo. If you don’t cancel your dash, you will slide first, or do a dash attack instead if you miss time it. This is a very quick attack strategy and can catch your opponent off guard.

Dash Attack

What is it? --Ike lunges forward with his sword, thrusting it far ahead of him. It has a deceptive range to it, as Ike moves forward during the start up lag before the attack actually comes out. Ike gets more knockback and damage with this attack if he hits with the center of his sword. If he hits with the base of his sword, it doesn’t quite go as far.

Uses:

Range: --As I said before, this attack has a deceptive range. It can hit farther than you think it can. It can catch people if you see them roll away from you. But use this sparingly, as it has a decent amount of lag afterwards.

Forward Tilt

What is it? --Ike swings his sword horizontally in front of him. It has a decent amount of lag before and after the attack. But the damage and knockback are great. This move can kill below 100%.

Uses:

??? --This move isn’t the best of Ike’s arsenal, as it has a slow startup time. It comes out twice as fast as his forward smash however. If anyone has ideas please feel free to tell me :D

Up Tilt

What is it? --Ike takes his sword and rises it up parallel to the ground. This move comes out quick and lasts for a long time, with great priority to boot. A great move to catch people coming from above. The range is pretty awesome too, as it can hit people close to the ground. The sword starts at Ike’s feet and goes to well above his head.

Uses:

Juggle Potential: --At lower percents, Ike can juggle with this attack. At least two times, more if your opponent is silly and doesn’t DI away from you :p

Grand Viper: --At the request of BearsAreScary, I must include this combo in my guide :D Basically, you use the Quick Draw approach (explained later) and follow up with the Up Tilt. With the low ending lag from the Quick Draw, you can follow up with this attack pretty well. It also sets your opponent up for more attacks in the air.

Down Tilt

What is it? --Ike crouches down and does a sword swipe across the ground. This has about as much start up time as the Forward Tilt, and slightly less power (it can kill at around 130% upwards). It has pretty decent range, and can sometimes hit under your opponent’s shield, but this move isn’t the best option of Ike’s attacks, as it generally has too much lag beforehand. This attack also counts as a spike, as it rockets people downward when there is no ground below them.

Uses:

Edgeguarding: --There is some potential for edgeguarding. It’s true that it sends people downward at a very fast speed, but with the new edge sweetspot mechanics of Brawl, this is way less viable of an option. If your opponent knows what he is doing, the Down Tilt won’t reach far enough to spike him. That’s not to say it’s not possible. It CAN be done, but it is just more difficult to execute properly.

Forward Smash

What is it? --What do you think it is? Ike takes his massive sword, swings it overhead behind him, and delivers massive ownage right to your face! In all seriousness, this move IS very powerful. It does 22% damage uncharged, and has fantastic knockback. The startup time is very large, but the power more than makes up for it. It can actually hit behind/above him if you time it right, as his sword starts over his head. The range is pretty superb as well. It also eats your opponent’s shield and pushes them away from you a good distance. This attack is the embodiment of what Ike is: slow, but powerful as hell.

Uses:

Anticipation/Prediction: --This move was made to be used to punish your opponent when you anticipate correctly. Let’s be honest here, there is NO WAY anyone would stand around for almost a full second waiting to be smashed into oblivion by this attack. The key is to know what your opponent will do and/or where he will be. That is the most effective way to use this attack. If you’re lucky enough, your opponent may be in the habit of standing and shielding the attack because he is afraid of what is coming…and I don’t blame him! This is better for you as it eats their shield and puts massive pressure on them.

Up Smash

What is it? --Ike takes his massive sword once again and makes a mighty swing above and all around him. Yep, it hits on ALL sides of him. He starts from swinging in front, follows through overhead, and ends when the sword hits the ground on the other side of him. It does have a nice range to it. But as we all know, the starting and end lag to this attack is very noticeable. The knockback sends them high into the air, allowing Ike plenty of time to follow up with his next attack.

Uses:

Platform Punish: --Is your opponent on a platform above you? Is he on his back/front, waiting to stand up? UP SMASH!! This attack has a wide range and if you can catch your opponent in a vulnerable state, like the aforementioned, you can time it right to punish him big for it.

Hyphen Smash: --I’ve seen this term throughout the boards so let’s keep it consistent eh? Basically, you can hit the C-Stick upwards while dashing to immediately go into the Up Smash. This is more or less useful for Ike, as it may catch your opponent off guard if he doesn’t see it coming.

Down Smash

What is it? --Ike takes his sword and swings it hard in front of him, then back around to the other side. This is easily the quickest of his smash attacks, coming out faster than some of his tilts. It covers a lot of ground as well, as it hits on both sides of him. This attack will always send them in an upwards trajectory and has pretty good knockback, however less than his other smashes. The second hit behind him does more damage and knockback than the first hit. For example, it can kill a Mario at 130% with the front hit, but he only needs to be at 103% to be killed with the second hit. The lag after the attack is there, but it is bearable.

Uses:

??? --I personally do not use this move as much. Therefore I do not think I have enough experience with it to give an accurate usage section for it. All I can say that it is one of his quicker attacks, but it has that lag afterwards once again. If anyone has any ideas I’ll be glad to add them here.

Aerials

Neutral Air

What is it? --Ike swings his sword around his body, hitting in front, below, and behind him. The startup time is a bit quicker than most, but still on the slow side. The landing lag is the key point for this attack. NEXT TO NOTHING. That’s right, this move as virtually no landing lag. Combined with the range and priority it has, this attack is one of his best IMO. It can be used as a combo starter in a variety of ways, as well as providing cover if you are being pursued in the air.

Uses:

Combo Starter: --When short hopped, this can be used as a combo starter at lower percents. Follow ups I have found to be useful are the Ground Neutral A Combo, Up Tilt, Aether, another Nair, or any other Aerial for that matter. With the low landing lag, there are many possibilities to follow up with.

Chain Nairs: --I’ve tested this and indeed you CAN chain Nairs with each other. I’ve managed to do two in one match, but I easily could have done another if I didn’t mess up the button timing. Your timing has to be above average in skill, as you need to short hop and fast fall all of your Nairs. You can then follow up with another attack depending on which way your opponent flies, such as Fair, Uair, or an Aether. This only works starting around 20%-30%, but I think it is worth mentioning.

Forward Air

What is it? --Ike takes his sword in both hands and wings it vertically in a wide angle in front of him. This attack has a very nice range to it. It can hit someone from behind/below even if they are close enough, as the sword ends right below his body. The knockback is very good, and the startup time is pretty decent. The landing lag kills Ike here. If you space incorrectly and get shielded you WILL be punished for it. Just be careful when using it. Use the range of this attack to your advantage. Space it out!

Uses:

Aerial Pursuit: --The wide range of this attack makes it good to use on airborne opponents. You can pressure your opponents with use of this attack, as it sends them pretty far when it connects. Sometimes it can be used as an edgeguard, but generally not the best option for Ike.

Back Air

What is it? --Ike performs a quick, backhanded twirl with his body and sword. This attack has the fastest startup of his aerials, and one of his better knockback attacks. Yep, it can kill things pretty well alright. The range is small however, and the time the hit connects is small as well. It is a very good attack nonetheless, and can be greatly improved when combined with other techniques.

Uses:

Reverse Aerial Rush: --I believe this was the term coined for this technique? Basically, you’re dashing forward toward your opponent. Then, quickly push the control stick in the opposite direction, jump, then move the control stick back towards your opponent to keep the momentum you had going beforehand. In the middle of this, you can perform your Bair while moving toward your opponent. It’s a very useful technique for Ike, as the Bair comes out very fast, and can surprise your opponent. I’d suggest using it often, but don’t become too predictable!

Edgeguarding: --This can be an effective edgeguard if your opponent is recovering back to the stage from above. With it’s great knockback, this attack can send them right back where they came from. Combined with the Reverse Aerial Rush, this can be used even more effectively. Overall, the Bair is a nice move in Ike’s arsenal.

Up Air

What is it? --Ike takes his sword and swings it above his head in a helicopter-like fashion. This move has crazy priority to it. If your opponent is coming down at you with an attack, the Uair will almost always hit them first. The startup time for the actual hit is a bit slow, but after that the attack last for a long time. It has potential to kill at a high enough percent as well. The landing lag isn’t too bad either, probably the second fastest land lag recovery of all his aerials.

Uses:

Aerial Intercept: --This attack, like I’ve said before, has crazy priority. If you can master the timing, it will be well worth it. It also has potential to combo into more Uairs and other aerials, or Aether even. Granted they need to be at a lower percent, but it is still possible.

Down Air

What is it? --Ike takes his sword(how many times have I used that phrase already? >.>) and thrusts it downward between his legs. This attack is a meteor, NOT a spike. It has been proven able to be canceled, so therefore it is a meteor, if hit with the bottom part of the sword that is. There is another part of the attack that sends your opponent upwards rather than downwards, and is a little bit weaker. The spiking property is very potent, but the attack has some startup time. The landing lag is about the same as his slower aerials.

Uses:

Recovery Intercept: --I got tired of saying edgeguarding :p Obviously, one of the uses is to try and spike people with it when they are trying to recover. This can be done in a few ways: Jumping off the stage to intercept or staying by the edge and timing a short hopped Dair. The first one is riskier, obviously, but it eliminates the possibility of your opponent saving themselves with an auto sweetspot. The latter has the converse to be true: It’s harder to hit because of the auto sweetspot, but safer for Ike as he stays on the stage.

Falling From Above: --If you get sent up high in the air, this attack is an option to intercept your opponent with. The attack has it’s hitbox below Ike a decent amount, but the main issue is you just have to time it right. If you use it and miss, you’ll be left wide open thanks to the lag of the attack.

Throws

Grab / Pummel

What is it? --Ike can grab, although not very far. His grab range is a bit on the short side, which can potentially make it harder to shield grab your opponent. The pummel is your standard A attack when you have your opponent grabbed. Nothing special there.

Uses:

Dash Canceled Grab: --This is pretty useful. What you do his run up to your opponent, tap the shield button, then press A or Z to grab. It is useful as it eliminates the use of his dashing grab, which is much slower than his other grabs. You keep the momentum you had from running too, increasing the range of the grab. Overall it is just a faster grab with more range to it.

Pivot Grab: --Straight from Sakurai himself! You run one direction, start dashing the other direction then immediately grab your opponent! This grab increases the range of his standard grab even more, and is quick which can surprise your opponent, e.g. running past your opponent and grabbing them from behind. Good stuff :D

Forward Throw

What is it? --Basically Ike kicks his opponent out of his clutches. Low knockback and 6% damage, not a lot of lag either. It’s mainly used to get your opponent off the stage to set them up for an edgeguard, or to better set up spacing between yourself and your opponent. I won’t bother with uses, because that’s about all there is to it.

Back Throw

What is it? --Ike takes his opponent and does a turnaround kick to send them backwards. See Forward Throw…nothing special.

Up Throw

What is it? --Ike takes his opponent with one hand, switches to the other as he throws his sword into the ground, then uppercuts him with his free hand. This is the coolest throw animation for Ike in my opinion. This can set your opponent up for some follow up attacks, namely Aether and Uair. The lag after this attack is a bit more than the other throws, as he has to pick up his sword again. It is for this reason I opt for the Down Throw to perform these combos. Which brings us to…

Down Throw

What is it? --Ike throws is opponent on the ground, does a small hop then stomps on top of him, sending him upwards. This attack sends your opponent flying farther than the Up Throw, and has the least lag afterwards of all his throws. This makes it a good combo throw at lower percents. Ike’s best throw in my opinion.

Special Moves

Neutral B -- Eruption

What is it? --Ike takes his sword, holding it above his head, and spontaneously starts to generate smoke and flames! This move is very cool. It can be charged for greater strength and knockback upwards. A full charge takes about 5 seconds or so. The hitbox for this bad boy is pretty large, it can hit a good distance in front of him and even more so above him. It also hits below and behind him, but not as far a distance as above and in front. The lag is very long for this attack. The startup time is decent, but once you have it charging there is not much worry for timing the release. The ending lag, on the other hand, is just atrocious. That doesn’t make this a bad attack. You just have to know when and how to use it. Oh, and did I forget to mention that this attack has Super Armor? I’d like to take some time to share some of my analysis on this move:

Firstly, I’ll explain the Super Armor this move has. Right after you release the attack, when Ike is rears back to put his sword into the ground, he has Super Armor Frames active. These frames end just before he puts his sword into the ground. It may not be a lot, but at least he HAS it, and if there were any more Super Armor Frames, Ike would clearly be broken. But I digress…on to the actual analysis.

There are 4 different “states,” if you will, to this attack:

Tapped Eruption: --This is when you just tap the B button without the charging involved. This can kill upwards of 120%, depending on the character of course. One will most likely not use this part as much, as it isn’t as useful as the Charging Eruption.

Charging Eruption: --This is where you hold the B button and let the move charge. You can let go of the B button at anytime to unleash the attack. The damage and knockback varies depending on how long you charge. This is by far the most useful, as you can time the attack whenever you’d like. One example is timing so that when your opponent is about to hit you, you unleash the attack while you have your Super Armor frames.

Flash Eruption: --As I like to call it :D There is a brief moment right before the attack is fully charged, where Ike will flash an orange/red color. Releasing the attack at this point gives you the most powerful part of Eruption. You will know you did it right when you see your opponent receive 34% damage as opposed to the 37% damage when it is fully charged. It can KO as low as 10% upwards. The window of flashing is very small, however, and chances are you won’t be able to charge for this long and land it successfully on your opponent during an actual match.

Full Charged Eruption: --This is when you go all the way to the end of the charge. Ike will create a small explosion in front of himself, which will also damage Ike for 10% damage. This gives your opponent 37% worth of damage when used, and the trajectory of this attack is far more horizontal compared to the rest of Eruption’s states. Again, it is not practical for use as it takes a long time to charge. But I will commend anyone who manages to charge for 5 seconds and land it on their opponent :D

Uses:

Falling From Above: --You will see me use this many a time in my videos. Why? Super Armor. If timed right, you can send your opponent upwards with this attack while preventing yourself from being hit back up. This is a VERY useful tactic. The only thing I advise against is overusing it. Your opponent will catch on, and just wait until you release the attack, rushing in to punish you for it.

Edgeguarding: --In some cases, this CAN be used for edgeguarding. Basically you can just go up to the edge and time when to start charging your attack. It is best to start late, as to not give away what your plan of action is. As I’ve stated before, Eruption hits below Ike as well. So when you’re opponent is coming back from under the stage, there’s a chance you will come in contact with them. I say there is a chance simply because it’s hard to time with the auto sweespotting and all of that. And if they decide to come into you, that’s even better! Just activate Eruption when you have your Super Armor!

Forward B -- Quick Draw

What is it? --Holy crap this attack is amazing. USE IT! Ike basically dashes across the stage very quickly, hitting and stopping at anything in his path. This move can be charged also. You will hear a *ping* sound when the attack is fully charged. You can still hold the charge for as long as you like after that if you desire. The longer the charge, the more damage, knockback, and the longer the attack travels across the stage. If you miss your opponent, there is next to no lag after the attack. Rather if you hit, there is a lot of lag afterwards. Worst case you hit their shield, which counts as hitting them, thus the uber lag, and you’ll get punished more often than not. This attack is so fast and so versatile, it is just amazing. I think you should use this attack. Really, I do. It has so many uses for it...in fact…let’s go over them, shall we?

Uses:

Mindgames: --Quick Draw mindgames! Oh what fun it is. Since Quick Draw is so fast, it can surprise your opponent more often than not, leaving him vulnerable to attack. It can be simply Quick Drawing away and toward your opponent, or mixing it up with short hopped Quick Draws or clever uses of baiting. Or even hold a Quick Draw in front of your opponent deliberately to make them drain their shield, and once they let their guard down…well you know…they get hit :D There are countless ways you can go about this. I won’t get too detailed, as I believe you guys get the general idea.

Quick Approach: --Quick Draw can be used for some fast approaches. This is the main use of it when conducting the ‘Grand Viper.’ All you do is time and space your Quick Draw so that it falls just short of your opponent and doesn’t hit them. With this, you get no lag from your attack and can follow up with any other attack. What I find most useful is following with his Ground Neutral A Combo, as it is the fastest of his attacks. Another useful attack to combo into is the Up Tilt. That’s right. The Grand Viper! This can be useful to get someone quickly into the air and lead into some possible juggle combos. Grabbing is also an option. If your opponent gets into the habit of shielding your follow up attacks you can switch over to a grab instead. There’s many possibilities with this technique, and that’s what make Quick Draw such a good and versatile attack.

Recovery: --Aether not enough to get you back to the stage? Extend you’re recovery using Quick Draw for more horizontal distance. You can charge it in midair while falling as well. This is a quick recovery move that adds to the limited capabilities of Ike’s recovery. But be careful, if you hit anything on the way back, you’ll fall to your doom. Unless you’re nearby the ledge, like for instance if someone is waiting at the ledge for an edgeguard and you connect with Quick Draw, you should still be able to grab onto the ledge.

Quick Draw Hog: **Updated** -- Changing this whole section. Found a MUCH easier and MUCH safer way to accomplish this. Basically, just Quick Draw to the edge of the stage so the stage stops your forward progress. After the QD, hold the control stick away from the stage, and you will fall off the edge. Once you do, just hold the control towards the stage and you'll grab on! It takes a few tries to get the timing down, but overall it's not that hard to accomplish. This can make for a surprise edge hog that your opponent may not see coming. It's gotten me a few K.O.'s already, and it's a very useful technique.

Quick Draw Edge Stall: --While hanging on the ledge, you can drop away or by pressing the opposite direction on the control stick or drop down by tapping down on the control stick, jump, then charge Quick Draw for a moment and release it to grab back onto the ledge. This is more of a mindgame then anything else. Instead of waiting on the charge, you can release it immediately and you can Quick Draw back onto the stage. Mix it up like that to keep your opponent guessing. Don’t do it for too long, as it can leave you open for attack.

Surprise Ledge Attack: --This is one of my favorite things to do. If you knock your opponent off the stage, you can just hang out in the middle for awhile. When he gets closer and the timing is right, use Quick Draw to get to the ledge for a surprise edgeguard. This is basically just a variation of the Quick Draw approach. I just thought I’d point it out in its own section, since it can be particularly useful.

Up B -- Aether

What is it? --Ike throws his sword into the air. As it spins around out of his hands, Ike quickly jumps up to catch it, coming back down to the ground, giving a slice of the sword on the way down. This attack rocks, plain and simple. Ike has Super Armor during the time he is on the ground without the sword in his hand. This is his main recovery move, and it is VERY hard to edgeguard against if used correctly, as the sword will disrupt your opponent’s advance. It’s trajectory is almost all vertical, but there is some for horizontal distance, but not much. It is also a decent damage dealer and can combo with airborne opponents. There are many things you can do with this move.

Uses:

Recovery: --This is pretty self-explanatory. Ike can recover to the ledge with this move, and is reasonably safe to use. Almost no horizontal distance is gained with this, so be careful with that.

Combo Ender: --This move can be used as a basic combo ender for Ike’s attacks. Up Throw, Down Throw, Up Tilt, some aerials, and anything else you can think of :D It’s very versatile and difficult to dodge, especially when your opponent doesn’t see it coming. A lot of the time they don’t see it because his sword goes up into the air so fast.

Aether Hogging: --This entails grabbing the edge with Aether, ledge canceling the attack if you will. This can remove the lag from the ending attack, and has other uses for it, which will be explained later. Just be careful about the spacing. Holding toward the edge on the way down is a must to grab the ledge. No one likes a suicide!

Ledge Hopped Aethers: --If you feel pressured on the ledge, just drop down and use another Aether to keep them at bay! It’s a simple and incredibly useful technique to use. Just keep doing it until they back off. Then you can safely get back on the stage.

Aether Spiking: --Get your opponent to just off the ledge, then perform a ledge canceled Aether. If you do it right, the downward hit from the Aether will send them downwards into the abyss. And since you ledge canceled the attack, the last hit from Aether that sends them upwards will be canceled out. In case they were at a low enough percent to get back to the stage, you will be on ledge waiting and you can follow up with other attacks to keep them off. You can counter, do a ledge hopped Dair, or even another Aether.

Aethercide --The basic result of a failed Aetherhog, or a technique you do purposely. The intent is to take down the opponent with you, similar to the effect that Bowser's Flying Slam attack has. You basically just take the downward hit of Aether and follow your opponent all the way down into the abyss, effectively killing yourself. I suppose it has some uses...but it IS killing yourself...I personally prefer the Aether spike, as it has basically the same effect and you live from it too.

Down B -- Counter

What is it? --Ike performs the standard Counter, similar to Marth’s. Ike will counterattack any attack that hits him during the time he flashes. Ike will do 1.2x the damage that would have been dealt to him back to his opponent, with a minimum of 10% damage (courtesy of the Dojo). The attack has pretty good knockback for a counter move. The only bad thing really is it is a little slow to start up the counter period. And it has lag afterwards if no one attacks you, naturally. I haven’t experimented with Counter all that much, so I don’t have a specific uses section for this move just yet.

Taunts

Up Taunt

What is it? --Ike takes his sword in two hands and holds it in front of him, letting out a fierce Ike grunt, all while the wind blows his cape behind him.

Uses: --Best used after you own some noobs.

Left/Right Taunt

What is it? --Ike takes his sword and swings it to his side coolly, while speaking something in Japanese.

Uses:--Best used after owning some more noobs.

Down Taunt

What is it? --Ike throws his sword down into the ground, crosses his arms and looks completely satisfied with his awesomeness, like any Ike would. Oh, and that wind blows his cape again…it must really like him.

Uses: --Best used after you JUST OWNED SOME CHARIZARD!

This marks the end of my Ike moveset impressions.

There are more things to add, I know, but don't hesitate to ask me about something or give me something I could add to my guide. Anything at all can be useful.

4. General Strategies

Coming soon...

5. Character Specific Match-ups

Coming soon...

6. Ike Videos

This is my Ike video section. I record most of my matches to help provide a visual demonstration of how Ike plays in a competitive match. There is also a section of demonstration/tutorial videos, showcasing his moveset and different tecniques of Ike. More will be added periodically when I have time so please check this often!

Note: New videos are marked with **New**

My Ike Matches (1v1, Team, etc.)

Check out this thread to see some of my Ike matches:

Captain Sa10's Power of Ragnell Video Thread

You can also check out all the videos I have on my Youtube channel:

Kirk's Youtube Channel

Ike Demonstration Videos

Complete Moveset (Close-up)
Notes:--Shows off Ike's entire arsenal of moves and attacks in a close up view. Very clear and easy to see demonstration. Added better description in the Youtube description box.

Movement Demonstration
Notes:--Demonstrates Ike's movement using some various techniques. Or rather...me making Ike run around like crazy on Final D :p

Tricks/Techniques
Notes:--Shows off various techniques that Ike can do. Not much else to say here.

Moveset Percentages/Ranges
Notes:--Walks through the whole moveset, demonstrating how much percent each attack inflicts and how much range most of his attacks have.

Moveset Kill Percents
Notes:--How much percent is needed on Mario for one of Ike's attacks to K.O. him from middle of Final Destination? Watch this and find out! Mostly just gives a general idea of how strong Ike's attacks are.

Ike Super Armor Demonstration
Notes:--Visually demonstrates the super armor Ike has for his moves. Hope you enjoy :D

Misc. Ike Videos

Ike's Great Aether (Slow Motion)
Notes:--Shows Ike's Final Smash, the Great Aether, in slow motion.

Ike Just Owned Some Charizard!!
Notes:--Just a quickie video I threw together. Inspired by that photoshopped image of Ike...owning some Charizard. Sorry I forget who created it.

7. Current Projects and Updates

Here I will be updating on what I'm currently working on right now, whether it be video ideas, updates to the guide, or anything else really. I'll try and keep this up to date as much as possible.

Current Projects

-Video showing what Final Smashes Ike's Super Armor can stop....hopefully gonna have this one up soon :D

Updates

--Altered the Videos section.
--Added Wifi Matches vs. Ghey and Crrrr to the Videos section.
--Added Wifi Matches vs. Mike Hawk to the Videos section.
--Added 'Wifi Matches' sub-section to the Videos section.
--Added vs. Robot 1v1s to the Videos section.
--Added two misc. videos to the Videos section.
--Added a "Misc. Ike Videos" sub-section under Videos.
--Beginning of a visual and structural overhaul for my guide.
--Added new 2v2 videos to the Videos section.
--Added the "Complete Ike Moveset Impressions" section.
--Added more 1v1s to the Videos section.

8. Closing and Comments

As I've said before, this guide is by no means complete. I will be updating as much as possible, filling in, editing, and most likely adding new sections all together. For now this is my rough layout.

I hope you enjoyed my guide as much as I did writing it :D

dragon574444

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the vids. They're great quality and will allow us to analyze how Ike plays easier. Plus, Ike is just plain cool!

JeremyKelly

Smash Rookie
Wow, you've really got the hang of Ike. Some nice recoveries you did in those videos.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Thanks for the comments guys :D

If there are any requests for match ups or any other suggestion, let me know and I'll see if I can make a vid. I never get tired of playing as Ike lol

Hostility

Smash Ace
You need to work on your spacing. Your opponent wasn't that great and just ran into a lot of your attacks. You also need to be more patient. You just kept attacking even when it really left you open, and a better player would have punished it.

Blazer

Smash Ace
I'd like to see you play that Marth on a bit bigger of a stage. He didn't seem like he had much of a chance at such close range.

RAQU

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the comments guys :D

If there are any requests for match ups or any other suggestion, let me know and I'll see if I can make a vid. I never get tired of playing as Ike lol
i really ant to see some ike vs wolf matches

Hellbeing

Smash Journeyman
Can you do some vids of projectile/ranged people such as wolf/falco/fox or link/toonlink. I want to see how Ike compares against them

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Good **** man. Definitely gonna' have to play you once I get it. There has been a couple of things I've been curious about, and your videos have been verifying them, so thanks a bunch.

Edit: The charged Quick Draw to AAA against Pokemon Trainer was awesome. Lovin' the ultilt's hitbox as well.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Out of all the players that have been posting their Ike videos lately, you're easily the best.
*blush*

I really appreciate the responses :D

I took some more videos today and i should have time to encode/upload them tomorrow. I guess I'll just edit the first post later on.

So, so far I have requests for Ike vs. Ranged People....and against Wolf...also I had my own idea of showing some vids of Ike's super armor moves.

Any ideas? Feel free to share.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Not sure if it's been requested or not, but I'd really like to see a match between Ike and Link, especially because of Link and the other characters that can do stuff like aerial hook shot/grapple beam/Lucas' snake(lulz?) into a grounded hook shot and so on and so forth.

All in all, it really doesn't matter what you upload to me. I'll watch it either way.

Edit: Lol, this is probably my 5th time asking, but I'd really like to see a demonstration of a variety of things that Ike's jab cancel can lead into.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Not sure if it's been requested or not, but I'd really like to see a match between Ike and Link, especially because of Link and the other characters that can do stuff like aerial hook shot/grapple beam/Lucas' snake(lulz?) into a grounded hook shot and so on and so forth.

All in all, it really doesn't matter what you upload to me. I'll watch it either way.
*noted* now time for sleep...ill try and get some more vids up in the morning...

Goodnight Ike fans :D

OperationJonny

Smash Cadet
Under your bed, making the face in my icon.
Wow, these Ike videos really changed my entire outlook on the whole prospect of Ike being somewhat 'slow'. Because I was a Marth main before, and I figured Marth wasn't returning, I was going to choose Ike.

Now that I'm choosing Marth, these videos make me want to main Ike again. XD

HeroXL

Smash Journeyman
Nice vids man, your pretty good, but that guy your playing against wasnt that great :-/ . Anywho, MK vs. Ike Snake vs Ike would be cool. Maybe against a different player tho...

methinkso

Smash Apprentice
Wow. Nice to see the potential of Quick Draw put to good use. Some really nice approaches in that first video (haven't watched the rest yet).

I'd say you need some more RAR bairs though, especially to edgeguard. But still, it's been the best video for showing off Ike's potential so far, so awesome work.

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
Thanks for the vids.
Really liked 1 and 5. Great Job.

Could you post a match of Ike and Sonic? Ike and Pit would also be appreciated.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Please forgive me....having some difficulties with my next 1v1 matches...I will get to them ASAP.

But in the mean time, I am almost finished with some extra vids of Ike.

They include:

-Complete Ike moveset demonstration.
-Percentages dealt by entire moveset, also shows range of some attacks.
-Killing percents for entire moveset.
-Misc. movement/tricks/etc. demonstrations.

I hope to have these up real soon.

Stay tuned :D

EDIT: Accidentally upgraded my flash player...and thus i can't upload to youtube atm...i would fix it now...but I'm leaving for work in 10 minutes :/ They are all done encoding so as soon as I get back from work they will be up! I'll edit the first post.

ikeuser9720

Smash Cadet
On Tellius, fighting alongside Ike in an epic batt
*blush*

I really appreciate the responses :D

I took some more videos today and i should have time to encode/upload them tomorrow. I guess I'll just edit the first post later on.

So, so far I have requests for Ike vs. Ranged People....and against Wolf...also I had my own idea of showing some vids of Ike's super armor moves.

Any ideas? Feel free to share.
Another Ike vs Marth vid on a bigger stage, Ike vs ranged people, and Ike vs Olimar, please. Great videos. Your really good at Ike! Also nice quick draw approaches!

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
holy sh** kirk i luv u for these can i put this in my thread plz?

id appriciate it and put ur name in the contributers section.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Wow, I learned a lot from watching those videos! Interesting that Ike's final smash range reaches past the tip.

Ike's kill move range is...
0-50% - Only Ike's fully charged eruption can KO here. EDIT: and his fully charged F-smash
50-100% - This is where his F-smash can start to kill.
100%+ - Ike's tilts and aerials begin to be able to knock off the stage.
Ike's best kill throw is actually his down-throw starting at 180%.
His final smash kills at above 30%.

I saw that Ike essentially has three combo starters at low percents, they're his down-tilt, up-tilt, and neutral-air. I wonder what the best moves to follow-up on each of those are.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
yea i loved everyone of this i asked for his permission to put them in my guide of ike

Top Bottom