• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Toy Box - Kirby Moveset/AT/Competitive Discussion

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl

This thread will be a collection of information regarding Kirby in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS, including his moveset, special moves, alternate costumes, and more.

Alternate Colors:

Kirby's Colors

Pink: Original
Yellow: Resembles Keeby from Kirby's Dream Course and Beam Kirby (from Kirby: Super Star), used for Player 2 in Kirby titles
Blue: Resembles Ice Kirby (from Kirby: Super Star), used for Player 3 in Kirby's Return to Dream Land
Red: Resembles Fire Kirby (from Kirby: Super Star), used for Player 3 in older Kirby titles
Green: Resembles Plasma Kirby (from Kirby: Super Star), used for Player 4 in Kirby titles
White: Resembles Kirby's monochrome appearance from Kirby's Dream Land and the North American box art
Orange: Resembles Kirby's orange Spray Paint from Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Purple: Resembles Meta Knight's unmasked appearance after being defeated, used in Kirby Fighters as a palette swap

General Information:

Kirby using one of his mid-air jumps in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Walking Speed: 0.93 (41st)
Running Speed: 1.5 (34th - 39th)
Air Speed: 0.8 (52nd)
Fall Speed: 1.23 (52nd)
Fast Fall Speed: 1.968 (52nd)
# of jumps: 6
Weight: 77 (52nd)
Air Acceleration: 0.065
Gravity: 0.06405
SH Air Time: 39 frames
FH Air Time: 58 frames
Jump Squat: 4 frames
Soft Landing: 2 frames
Hard Landing: 4 frames

Standard Attacks & Tilts:

Kirby punching Mario using Vulcan Jab in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Neutral Attack - Vulcan Jab
Frame Data: S
tarts on f3, ends on f16. Finisher ends on f51.
Damage: 2%, 3%, 1% (Multi-Hit), 2% (Finisher)
Kirby does two quick punches, followed directly with a rapid flurry of punches. When finished, Kirby slams his hand downward.

Dash Attack - Break Spin
Frame Data:
Starts on f12, ends on f54.
Damage: 1%, 1%, 1%, 1%, 1%, 4%
Kirby quickly flips onto his hands, starts spinning, and kicks his feet.

Forward Tilt
Frame Data:
Starts on f5, ends on f28.
Damage: 8%
Kirby kicks his foot out, then spins around before landing back on both feet, essentially doing a roundhouse kick.

Up Tilt
Frame Data:
Starts on f4, ends on f21.
Damage: 5%
Kirby raises one foot upwards from behind himself.

Down Tilt
Frame Data:
Starts on f4, ends on f21.
Damage: 6%
Kirby crouches down low, then quickly kicks forward, possibly tripping opponents.

Smash Attacks:
Forward Smash
Frame Data:
Starts on f13, ends on f48.
Damage: 15%
Kirby swiftly spins around, then lunges himself forward while kicking.

Up Smash
Frame Data:
Starts on f14, ends on f48.
Damage: 15%
Kirby jumps up and does a backflip while kicking his feet upwards.

Down Smash
Frame Data:
Starts on f10, ends on f54.
Damage: 14%
Kirby quickly splits his feet apart and spins around.

Aerial Attacks:
Neutral Aerial
Frame Data:
Starts on f10, ends on f73.
Damage: 10%
Landing Lag: 10
Kirby spins around in the air.

Forward Aerial
Frame Data:
Starts on f10, ends on 48.
Landing Lag: 13
Damage: 4%, 3%, 5%
Kirby spins around in the air three times, kicking his feet out each time.

Back Aerial
Frame Data:
Starts on f6, ends on f14.
Landing Lag: 17
Damage: 13%
Kirby crouches in mid-air and kicks both of his feet behind him.

Up Aerial
Frame Data:
Starts on f10, ends on 40.
Damage: 9%
Landing Lag: 12
Kirby does a flip in the air while kicking both of his feet upwards.

Down Aerial
Frame Data:
Starts on f18, ends on f55.
Landing Lag: 17
Damage: 1%, 1%, 1%, 1%, 1%, 2%, 2%
Kirby brings his feet together, kicks downward, and starts spinning rapidly.

Grabs & Throws:
Grab
Kirby throws his hand forward, grabbing any opponent near him.

Pummel
Damage:
1%, 2%, 1%
Kirby quickly punches anybody he's holding.

Forward Throw - Pile Driver
Damage:
7%
Kirby jumps in the air doing a front flip, then slams the opponent into the ground.

Back Throw - Big Suplex
Damage: 8%

Kirby jumps into the air doing a back flip, then slams the opponent into the ground.

Up Throw - Air Drop
Damage:
10%
Kirby jumps up high while holding the opponent, then comes flying down, smashing the opponent onto the ground.

Down Throw - Fury Stomp
Damage:
0%, 0%, 1%, 0%, 1%, 0%, 0%, 1%, 0%, 1%, 2%
Kirby throws the opponent under him, then stomps on them several times.

Special Moves:
Custom Moves: Default

Neutral Special - Inhale
Damage:
0% | Copy: 10% | Star Shot: 6%
Standing on his toes, Kirby starts inhaling any opponents that are near him! Once inhaled, Kirby has two option - his signature move, Copy, where he can copy the opponents ability, or he can shoot them out as a star.

Side Special - Hammer Flip
Damage:
19% ~ 35% | Aerial: 15% ~ 27%
Kirby has a new move in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS that replaces his old side special, Hammer, called Hammer Flip! When used, Kirby pulls out his Hammer and swings it forward, dealing massive damage and knockback. Kirby can charge this move in the air or on the ground, with a longer charge dealing more damage. However, if he charges the move for too long, he starts to take recoil damage.

Up Special - Final Cutter
Damage:
5%, 2%, 3%
Kirby pulls out a silver blade, flings it upwards while jumping, and then holds it out while flies down. When reaching the ground, Kirby slams the blade down and creates a shock wave that goes forward, which can damage opponents it hits.

Down Special - Stone
Damage:
14% | Aerial: 18%
Kirby transforms into a rock-solid stone that varies in shape, size, and appearance. Kirby becomes impervious to all damage and knockback while he is a stone. When used in the air, Kirby falls down faster than usual, slamming into anybody on the way down. When used on the ground, Kirby jumps up a little, then slams down as a stone, dealing damage to anybody around him.

Custom Moves: Set 2

Neutral Special - Ice Breath
Damage:
1.5%, 3%, 6%
Replacing Inhale, along with Copy Abilities, Kirby fires an icy cold breath, freezing opponents! The damage this move does increases the further away it goes from Kirby, with the furthest part of the move freezing opponents.

Side Special - Hammer Bash
Damage:
18%, 21% | Aerial: 4%, 17%
Replacing Hammer Flip, along with the ability to charge it, Kirby uses Hammer Bash! Kirby immediately brings out his Hammer to swing, sending opponents vertically when struck. Kirby also gains a bit of momentum when he uses it while airborne.

Up Special - Ground Wave
Damage:
10% ~ 15%
Replacing Final Cutter, Kirby can create a powerful shockwave, sending rocks upwards! The silver blade no longer does damage while rising or falling, and instead has rocks erupt from the ground, damaging opponents that they touch. The rocks go forward double the distance of Final Cutter's shock wave.

Down Special - Burying Stone
Damage:
6%, 10% | Aerial: 12%
Replacing Stone, Kirby can bury opponents as he plummets downwards! Kirby takes longer to transform into a Stone, but buries any grounded opponent he comes in contact with.

Custom Moves: Set 3

Neutral Special - Jumping Inhale
Damage:
0% | Copy: 8% | Star Shot: 5%
Replacing Inhale, Kirby lunges forward with his mouth open, devouring everything in his path! The vacuum-effect that Inhale has is removed.

Side Special - Giant Hammer
Damage:
22% ~ 40% | Aerial: 20% ~ 32%
Replacing Hammer Flip, Kirby pulls out an enormous Hammer, swinging it forward without mercy! Kirby takes significantly longer to pull out and swing his Hammer, but can still charge it, similar to Hammer Flip. He gains Super Armor while swinging this Hammer.

Up Special - Upper Cutter
Damage:
10%
Replacing Final Cutter, Kirby flies upwards, slashing his blade as he goes! Kirby doesn't lunge his sword down in this variation, and instead falls down helplessly.

Down Special - Meteor Stone
Damage:
10% | Aerial: 10% ~ 12%
Replacing Stone, Kirby plummets downwards, meteor smashing opponents down as he falls! Kirby takes longer to transform back out of Stone, though.

Miscellaneous:
Misc Attacks:
Ledge Attack
Damage:
7%
Kirby quickly hops up from the ledge and kicks forward.

Get-Up Attack
Damage:
7% | Down: 7%
Up: Kirby quickly jumps up and spins around, kicking his feet out.
Down: Kirby quickly jumps up and kicks his foot out on one side, then the other.

Taunts:
Up Taunt
Kirby does his favorite dance, the Kirby dance! He's been practicing this one for years, actually.

Side Taunt
Kirby twirls around before eventually stopping, quickly hopping on one foot, then sticking out the other.

Down Taunt
Kirby looks forward, waving his hands around, saying his signature "Hi!".

Final Smash - Ultra Sword
Damage:
40%
Kirby has gained a new Final Smash this time around - the Ultra Sword, from Kirby's Return to Dream Land! Once used, Kirby strikes a pose, grabs his sword, and is ready to strike. He lifts his sword up, then swings it down on the opponent, followed by a flurry of slashes. As Kirby prepares for the finishing blow, he lifts the Ultra Sword up high, making it grow even bigger, then swings it down, sending the opponent flying away.

Special thanks to @t!MmY for supplying damage data, and @ NinjaLink NinjaLink for Custom Move data! For a more in-depth look at Kirby in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS, check out t!MmY's guide here.

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
First things first. A glimpse from the commercial. You don't do this in the previous 3.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
What'm I looking at? All I see is an aerial hammer being used to dodge attacks and punish Charizard after his flaredash connects with Mario. Infact, it looks like it's only the knockback and hitstun from Mario's attack that lets Kirby get the hammer in, showing that flaredash has a transient hitbox and essentially works like a better version of Kirby's Melee dash attack.

Or is this simply about how Kirby can jump out of the downed position?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
What'm I looking at? All I see is an aerial hammer being used to dodge attacks and punish Charizard after his flaredash connects with Mario. Infact, it looks like it's only the knockback and hitstun from Mario's attack that lets Kirby get the hammer in, showing that flaredash has a transient hitbox and essentially works like a better version of Kirby's Melee dash attack.

Or is this simply about how Kirby can jump out of the downed position?
While it's completely situational and really not useful, I think he was talking about how, after Kirby finished u-throwing Mega Man, he jumped up from it (which, if I am correct, is automatic), dodged Charizard's Flare Blitz, and when he flew into Mario and took the recoil damage, Kirby punished it with his Hammer. It's not really useful, as I doubt anybody is gonna be landing those in FFAs. It's cool, though!

If that's not right, it may be on the fact that Kirby was able to punish Charizard because he can start his Hammer in the air and take it to the ground, which is going to be ****ing amazing.

Last edited:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Oh, the fact that he's hitting with the grounded version and not the air one? I see.
That's not something I'd picked up on initially but it's a logical extension of the new hammer charging ability and kinda nice too.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I have uploaded Kirby's Custom Moves. Hope it helps.

Thank you so muuucchhh!

This really helps... and I mean, like, REALLY helps.

Anyways, I have one request for you! Could you possibly take screenshots (take the screenshots in-game, save them to SD card, plug SD card into computer, upload pictures) of his Custom Moves? I'm working on a few projects for Kirby, as to help for his development, and I'd really love some pictures of his custom moves. We have that chart from that Japanese preview of the game, but those aren't really... good looking. Like, if you screen cap those, they're grainy, mainly cause it's a video.

I'll add this to the OP soon!

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Thank you so muuucchhh!

This really helps... and I mean, like, REALLY helps.

Anyways, I have one request for you! Could you possibly take screenshots (take the screenshots in-game, save them to SD card, plug SD card into computer, upload pictures) of his Custom Moves? I'm working on a few projects for Kirby, as to help for his development, and I'd really love some pictures of his custom moves. We have that chart from that Japanese preview of the game, but those aren't really... good looking. Like, if you screen cap those, they're grainy, mainly cause it's a video.

I'll add this to the OP soon!
I'll try to do that before I head to bed.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Okay, here's what I gathered from @ NinjaLink NinjaLink 's fantastic video. This was just a quick skim over, so some of it may potentially be wrong:

Custom Move Set 2 - Ice Breath, Hammer Bash, Ground Wave, Burying Stone

Neutral Special - Ice Breath
Damage:
6%
Details: Replacing Kirby's inhale, and ability to copy opponents abilities, you can use Ice Breath from the Ice Ability. This move does 6% on each hit, and freezes the opponent. Two hits can easily be connected, gaining 12% (so you'll most likely get 12% with it). The freeze duration is quite low, but freezing opponents has never been that useful. This will most likely excel in match-ups where the opponents ability doesn't do Kirby justice, as it does more damage than Inhale does, and freezes the opponent (although actually following up on the freeze is pretty hard).

Side Special - Hammer Bash
Damage:
21% (details on damage in-between not specified, presumably 21% on no charge/barely any charge) Aerial: 4% on first hit, 17% on second (aerial version hits two times, damage in-between charge not known [does charge even add extra damage in the air?])
Details: Replacing Kirby's standard Hammer, you can use Hammer Bash instead. While the grounded details are not fully known, it seems to retain the same properties as the regular hammer in terms of speed (not sure about damage yet). The aerial version is where it gets interesting, though. Instead of only one swing, Kirby does two full swings, same as in Brawl. They connect into each other, so it's a lot easier to get both hits in. Also, while details are vague (shine light on this, based @NinjaLink!), he also seems to gain some upwards momentum (actually, quite a lot) when using it in the air. It only happens sometimes, though, so hopefully we can learn more about this. Also, this variation of Hammer, whether grounded or in the air, seems to send the opponent in a more vertical direction.

Up Special - Ground Wave
Damage:
10%
Details: Replacing Kirby's standard Final Cutter, we have Ground Wave. This move removes the hitbox that Final Cutter's blade has, and instead does damage when coming down, through a new "projectile". Replacing the blue shock wave that appears when you hit the ground, you now have a wave of dirt that erupts from the ground, with significant distance (around the same distance as the old Final Cutter shock wave). It seems to go the same distance as the regular Final Cutter.

Down Special - Burying Stone
Damage:
16%
Details: Replacing our default Stone, we got Burying Stone. It buries opponents in the ground, such as ZSS's down special. It also seems to have a shorter start up and ending time than the regular Stone, which is a bit odd, being that Burying Stone is upgraded compared the regular version.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Also, while details are vague (shine light on this, based @NinjaLink!), he also seems to gain some upwards momentum (actually, quite a lot) when using it in the air. It only happens sometimes, though, so hopefully we can learn more about this. Also, this variation of Hammer, whether grounded or in the air, seems to send the opponent in a more vertical direction.
The momenutm carries into whichever way hes drifting. So if you SH into it, you'll go up a bit. If you're falling, you'll go down a bit.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Okay, I updated the OP again!

Changelog:

-
"Custom Moves: Set 2" added in, with both descriptions and pictures. (Thanks, @NinjaLink!)

- Added in Ledge Attack damage and description.

- Added in both Get-Up Attack damage and descriptions!

- Added in "Final Smash" description, with a new .gif!

- Added in "Taunts" descriptions, with .gifs included!

Any other suggestions that anybody has, please tell me via PM!

Right now, I'm planning to add in Copy Ability data (wow, this'll take a while!) along with the rest of his custom moves. After that, while I'll still be adding more stuff to this thread, I'm going to focus on the other threads.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
If that's not right, it may be on the fact that Kirby was able to punish Charizard because he can start his Hammer in the air and take it to the ground, which is going to be ****ing amazing.
This was what I meant. There was no reason to overspeculate on this, but I appreciate it. Gave me quite a chuckle.

Also, a marth-like up special sounds really neat. Not as powerful, but being quick to the point sounds like my kind of deal. I might not have to be edgehog'd countered so often.

Last edited:

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
B-air feels laggier when you land cancel it. It doesn't auto cancel out of a short hop either =\

You can't jump before hitting the ground out I a short hopped b-air. Even if buffered.

It feels harder to combo off of at low percents but I reeeeally hope I'm wrong.

F-throw>f-air1>f-air2>reverse u-tilt>b-air>reads feels like a replacement for gonzo combo but the opponent can just shield after the f-throw and you can't regrab.

I was playing the Japanese release at crossfire 4 here in NY and those are the things that I caught.

Oh and the hit on f-air 2 seems like it can spike. .-.

It doesn't work like MK's jab lock thing but I gotta test some more.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
B-air feels laggier when you land cancel it. It doesn't auto cancel out of a short hop either =\

You can't jump before hitting the ground out I a short hopped b-air. Even if buffered.

It feels harder to combo off of at low percents but I reeeeally hope I'm wrong.

F-throw>f-air1>f-air2>reverse u-tilt>b-air>reads feels like a replacement for gonzo combo but the opponent can just shield after the f-throw and you can't regrab.

I was playing the Japanese release at crossfire 4 here in NY and those are the things that I caught.

Oh and the hit on f-air 2 seems like it can spike. .-.

It doesn't work like MK's jab lock thing but I gotta test some more.
If the opponent can shield after the F-Throw, which is the starting move for that "combo", then I'd say it's pretty useless. I don't think B-Air having a bit of ending lag is that big of a problem, since it'll mostly be used for edgeguarding and as a kill move. You don't want it to go stale!

Also, don't worry about Kirby combos, since you only got to play a little bit. Once we can all play the full game, I'm sure we'll find some good combos!

Also, isn't an F-Air spike actually pretty nice?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm just gonna say that first impression of Up Special 3: Upper Cutter is fantastic. It's a kill move at high percents (like 150+) from the middle of Final Destination, but if you use it high in the air or offstage, it's a strong kill move like Marth's Dolphin Slash. It has higher and faster vertical recovery, and much more horizontal recovery. Default up B travels roughly 20% of FD, while this version travels half. You'll be missing the projectile part, but the projectile is going to be useful less often than the KO power of this. It's nice having an instant KO power when facing forward offstage, or being high in the air.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I'm just gonna say that first impression of Up Special 3: Upper Cutter is fantastic. It's a kill move at high percents (like 150+) from the middle of Final Destination, but if you use it high in the air or offstage, it's a strong kill move like Marth's Dolphin Slash. It has higher and faster vertical recovery, and much more horizontal recovery. Default up B travels roughly 20% of FD, while this version travels half. You'll be missing the projectile part, but the projectile is going to be useful less often than the KO power of this. It's nice having an instant KO power when facing forward offstage, or being high in the air.
Dang, that's really nice to hear. Also, the projectile isn't really useful unless you're using Ground Wave, since it's distance was halved.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
And then first impressions from playing roughly 25 For Glory matches and a bunch of games with friends:
Kirby's at least as good as Brawl, hopefully better. After a few matches, all my Brawl experience was coming back to me and I was really getting into it. Dair->footstool is definitely more attainable than before. Uptilt combos like crazy at low %, ftilt is still a fantastic spacing and poking move, same with dtilt. Up B's projectile is actually usable for edgeguarding, if you time it right and know roughly where they'll be when trying to recover. Bair is still pretty good, can't do anything after SH bair anymore though. Nair is amazing, comes out very quickly and is good for combos or "combo breaking" if you can call it that. Definitely better than it was in Brawl. Upair is pretty mediocre, can be used with uptilt combos or when chasing people in the air, but it's nothing special.

Smashes are basically the same as brawl, you punish read rolls with Dsmash, try to get kills with Fsmash (dair->fsmash might be a combo, hard to tell because I kept doing Ftilts by accident because of 3ds controls) and Upsmash is still good. Inhale may or may not be easier to use than before, either way it's still a decent move and I haven't noticed (yet) myself losing Copied abilities easily. Actually I don't remember losing them at all o_o

Some notes:
-Seems some characters can still punish Copy with their falling moves like in Brawl. My friend's Greninja was able to consistently Dair me after I took his ability. Thanks Sakurai?
-Speaking of Greninja, first impression of that matchup is that it is hard for Kirby. His moves all come out fast and he seems to outprioritize the hell out of Kirby, those limbs are so long. I could be wrong but for example his Ftilt seems to clearly beat Bair, and jabs beat Kirby's jab etc. Greninja's definitely going to be a good character.
-Kirby's ability to grab remains good, but his throws aren't anything special. No guaranteed followups from any of them, but at least they give you the ability to get reads and followup that way. I also can't tell if Bthrow or Upthrow is the better KO move, they both have KO power but your opponent needs to be at 150+
-A lot of people seemed able to react ridiculously quickly after I fall on them with Dairs. I often found myself getting jabbed.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
So is it just me, or is dsmash stupidly good for edgeguarding?

On battlefield at the tourney I went to today, I got a lot of kills on battlefield by literally just dsmashing on the ledge, it hits people trying to recover from below or to the side

Works great in the kirby ditto

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
So is it just me, or is dsmash stupidly good for edgeguarding?

On battlefield at the tourney I went to today, I got a lot of kills on battlefield by literally just dsmashing on the ledge, it hits people trying to recover from below or to the side

Works great in the kirby ditto
I'll try this out, but I'd honestly recommend using B-Air and F-Air off the stage, along with a few Neutral Airs.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Huh, I know it was great in Melee for edgeguarding! I haven't really tried it much to edgeguard in this game, I've mostly been using it to punish landings or rolls, and using aerials for edgeguarding. It's definitely a very good move, all his smashes are solid. Actually, every single one of Kirby's moves is solid, his only weakness is having to approach and having mediocre ground speed/poor air speed.

I've been wrecking nubs in For Glory, Kirby's flow feels amazing in this game. I'm going to start saving replays soon, and possibly upload them (in not-high quality since I don't have a capture card) and show some combos/strings. Fthrow and Dthrow don't seem to have true combos (I've been able to Fthrow-UpB before, probably depends on DI though) but they're amazing for forcing an advantageous position and then starting legit combos. A lot of people like to jump after Fthrow, in which case double jump Fair usually catches them. Nair is still ridiculously good, fastfall it into jabs/grabs.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
Huh, I know it was great in Melee for edgeguarding! I haven't really tried it much to edgeguard in this game, I've mostly been using it to punish landings or rolls, and using aerials for edgeguarding. It's definitely a very good move, all his smashes are solid. Actually, every single one of Kirby's moves is solid, his only weakness is having to approach and having mediocre ground speed/poor air speed.

I've been wrecking nubs in For Glory, Kirby's flow feels amazing in this game. I'm going to start saving replays soon, and possibly upload them (in not-high quality since I don't have a capture card) and show some combos/strings. Fthrow and Dthrow don't seem to have true combos (I've been able to Fthrow-UpB before, probably depends on DI though) but they're amazing for forcing an advantageous position and then starting legit combos. A lot of people like to jump after Fthrow, in which case double jump Fair usually catches them. Nair is still ridiculously good, fastfall it into jabs/grabs.
omg yes please share replays if you can. I still don't have this game but I want to practice and see more Kirby. Get an idea of his new feel. It would be awesome!

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
i would upload replays if my stream ds didnt get stolen

A lot of people like to jump after Fthrow, in which case double jump Fair usually catches them. Nair is still ridiculously good, fastfall it into jabs/grabs.
good to know dem brawl techs are still relevant

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
You can still quick rock in this game and its a lot easier to do cuz you can run and do it instead of having to walk like in Brawl. Try this out as an edgeguard if you can, im trying to see if this is viable or not. It can also be a mixup if you run off a platform and the opponent is below you.

Fthrow, and Bthrow can instantly be jumped out of it. Bthrow you might be able to combo out of it, but Fthrow can combo (i think) into certain CA's like Samus' or Pac's Key at around 90% if you jump fast enough.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
You think the instant stone is easy? Teach me your ways, I tried practicing it last night for a while and only got it like 10% of the time.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
May I ask what "quick rock"/"instant stone" is? Is that just where you carry the start-up from Grounded Stone to an Aerial Stone (by using it while running off the cliff)

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059

I look forward to those vids!

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Hello guys. I'm trying master Kirby here. At first, I hated what they did to him. Of course, he is much stronger but I cannot link anymore of my combos. But after opening my mind and accepting new possibilities, he is coming out pretty nice. Anyways, let me let down some information.

Once Hammer Flip is full charged, it does recoil damage (yes, we know) however, the recoil damage caps at 100%. That means if you are 100% or above you will no longer take recoil damage. Cool huh? Next, the Full Charged Swing has Super Armor Frame on it. Initially, I wonder what is the point to charge it up (of course other than damage). Now, we know. I don't know if there is Super Armor in the air. I can never pull it off right. Too bad it takes about 3-4 seconds to full charged it though. I guess for edgeguard purposes now.

Next is the Giant Hammer. Unlike the Hammer Flip it doesn't super armor on the swing but while it is charging.
Jumping Inhale has amazing horizontal range. You can use it as a recovery and can chain Inhale+Spit+Inhale+Spit-> assuming the opponent is too dumbfound to respond (Did this to my brother).
Dolphin Cutter is alright. Not very powerful though (170% to KO). Wave Cutter goes out slightly further than Final Cutter and I believe it cancels other projectiles (Final Cutter doesn't).
EDIT: It doesn't cancels projectiles. It just kills at 190% instead. Does about 13% up close and 8% from faraway.

Ducking is amazing. You can completely dodge majority of Lil Mac moves just by ducking. In fact, the KO Punch will always whiff you if you remain grounded and low. Most Macs are going to do dtilt to KO but your dtilt outrange his so you will be fine.

Dair is now be our bread and butter. You can combo few moves of Dair. Utilt, Dtilt, Ftilt, Grab, A combo - depending on where they are.

When I feel they are feel to die I do Dair->dtilt->dtilt (I hope that they tripped)->Fsmash

The range of the A combo final hits is pretty far.

You can eat every item except for pokemon balls, Mr. Saturn, and Smash Ball. It will health you 1% minus food and health items. Bombs still do 5%.

I believe that is it. I will drop more when I find new stuff. Good luck my fellow friends.

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
You think the instant stone is easy? Teach me your ways, I tried practicing it last night for a while and only got it like 10% of the time.
Idk i find a lot of stuff to be easy tho. In Brawl you had to walk for at least 2 frames to get it to work so i learned how to shorthop into quickrock or roll into quickrock and all that kinda stuff, so since in this game you could just run up and do it, it seems easy in comparison. I actually found out this way kinda by accident, I didnt expect it to work but I was trying to hammer cancel lol (which sadly we cannot do).

Do you know Peach's turnip edge cancel? Just do the same thing.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Okay, there's one thing I really, really need help with. How in the world does Kirby get kills? I mean, F-Smash is great but is a bit difficult to land at high percents (and is unsafe because it can be punished) and B-Air has no priority...

pls

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Wow... my grammar and sentence structure was all over the place. More reasons to not post stuff when I am tired. Sorry guys. I will fix it later.

Anyways, Reserved. Drill, Wall of Pain, Hammer of Justice and Suicide attempts.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Okay, there's one thing I really, really need help with. How in the world does Kirby get kills? I mean, F-Smash is great but is a bit difficult to land at high percents (and is unsafe because it can be punished) and B-Air has no priority...

pls
Hard-ish reads, and gimps.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Hard-ish reads, and gimps.
I've mainly been killing with D-Air and B-Air for gimping, and a few F-Air strings. I just wish Kirby had an easier time killing opponents, because heavy weights are incredibly annoying.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I've mainly been killing with D-Air and B-Air for gimping, and a few F-Air strings. I just wish Kirby had an easier time killing opponents, because heavy weights are incredibly annoying.
Well, how about some data to make your life a bit easier.

Using Kirby Kill Moves on BattleField Omega Mode with Bowser and Mario, here are some results-

Kill by Uncharged F-smash (in the middle of the stage)
Mario 120%
Bowser 137%

Kill by Uncharged F-smash (at the edge of the stage)
Mario 85%
Bowser 105%

Kill by Uncharged U-smash
Mario 120%
Bowser 127%

Kill by Uncharged D-Smash
Mario 125%
Bowser 134%

Kill by B-Air (at the edge of the stage)
Mario 110%
Bowser 132%

It might be easier to kill Heavyweight with Up-Smash if they are not near the edge rather than F-Smash.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
So it is best to approach with Nair then Fast Fall to something else?

On unrelated note - Mac as 19 on Air Dodge? What the heck?

Last edited:

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Nair seems really good, especially at low %s you can do a late nair into followups.

Also Kirby can autocancel his airdodge out of a shorthop, so you can trick people if they think you'll lag, but theres mixups. You can jump out of it as well and punish their punish attempt. You can also do a late bair before you hit the ground, and even a HUP! cancel. These are just mixups to mindgame your opponent, very situational.

Last edited:
Top Bottom