• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Side B

Dreamer_

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3496-9337-7244
Hello fellow smashers as you can tell by the title this thread is about Kirby's side b. If you've gone to the official website you'll see he has the same one he had in brawl but the question here is what do think will happen to it? Will it be buffed with more damage or speed? Or will it be nerfed? Will you be able to influence the direction you swing it similar to how you can with f-tilts and f-smashes? And what about his arial variant of the move? Please share what you think below.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I miss melee side B, but i also miss kirbys fire ball.
What if they change his side B into something different? always using the hammer, just other attack.

Dreamer_

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3496-9337-7244
Yeah maybe they could bring back his melee version but it would definitely need to give you time to move after you use it. Continuing with the directional influence idea, they could make where if you tilt the stick upwards after/ during putting in the combination he would use the hammer flip (which in the games kirby's hammer would catch on fire and swing upwards, dealing massive damage)

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Or at the opposite direction you are looking, yes, i though something like that once.

Dreamer_

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3496-9337-7244
Can I ask why you miss kirby's dash attack from melee? IMO it left you wide open and didn't deal that much damage or have good knockback

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Sure, is not perfect and is rare when is really helpfull, but i like the idea behind it, i generally used it as an aproach or for recovery (yes, i use it for that o.o).

But talking serius, i would love if they change it to make more knockback and makes kirby nair to work like that (kinda like lucas), because thats exactly how he use them in amazing mirror.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
He could get the fire-chargeable version, so you can choose to hold onto B for a little longer and perform massive damage (while also being able to turn while charging to catch rolling opponents). Also, why does everyone want to change his yo-yo spin? I love that dash attack so much more than the burning ability.

Dreamer_

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3496-9337-7244
He could get the fire-chargeable version, so you can choose to hold onto B for a little longer and perform massive damage (while also being able to turn while charging to catch rolling opponents). Also, why does everyone want to change his yo-yo spin? I love that dash attack so much more than the burning ability.
I guess some people just want his face plant from 64. :B I like his yoyo spin too. Btw, getting off topic I really miss the yoyo ability ;C wish it would come back

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I want his slide to be in the game, that, or kirby needles.
Time to say good by to yo-yo (i hope).

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Dat yo-yo hate lol, so why do people think it's so bad? I honestly think the length of it plays into my favor most of the time (hasn't lost me a college tourney yet lol).

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i would like kirby's aerial side be to have different directions like marths dancing blade.
when you press up on the second swing, it knocks people vertically up, if you press forward, he might throw his hammer, if you press down, he swings down and its a meteor smash, if you press back, he turns around and hits behind.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
i would like kirby's aerial side be to have different directions like marths dancing blade.
when you press up on the second swing, it knocks people vertically up, if you press forward, he might throw his hammer, if you press down, he swings down and its a meteor smash, if you press back, he turns around and hits behind.
I'd be okay with this.

I think Kirby's hammer should be chargeable on ground, while in the air its fine as is. As for the dash attack, the break spin is fine, the burning one in melee sucked.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i have an idea for a smash hammer attack like samus's missle, normal hammer is just the standard swing, while a smash hammer would be the flaming hammer swing from kirby's return to dreamland.

Dreamer_

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
3496-9337-7244
i have an idea for a smash hammer attack like samus's missle, normal hammer is just the standard swing, while a smash hammer would be the flaming hammer swing from kirby's return to dreamland.
That sounds like a great idea.
Let's piece it together:For Kirby's ground side b he could have a chargeable hammer attack (aka the hammer flip) that can be executed by holding the button down similar to samus' missiles. You can also affect which direction kirby can swing the hammer by tilting the analog stick. For his arial variant neutral side b he could do his brawl swings, for his down side b either his melee version (obviously a much more buffed version...) or the down smash mentioned by extreme. I'm not so sure about other versions of the arial variant though as stupid as I might sound I want kirby to be good, but not an absolute god of destruction

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I don't follow tier lists at all, so where do people say Kirby ranks in Brawl?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
He's at the top of Mid Tier, which is fairly decent. At least better than being rock bottom in Melee.

Kirby is fine as is imo, and so is his side-b.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
He's at the top of Mid Tier, which is fairly decent. At least better than being rock bottom in Melee.

Kirby is fine as is imo, and so is his side-b.
Yeah, no he is definitely fine as is, but it'd be nice to have some changes for the sake of being refreshing. Lol at dem tier lists though, I honestly don't get why people use them. What's really the point of them anyway? I mean, just by playing the game, you can easily tell who's good or bad. Is it for like newcomers or something? It's not like I'm gonna look at a tier list and go "OH, I didn't know Marth was good," and proceed to play him extremely better than I would have lol.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, no he is definitely fine as is, but it'd be nice to have some changes for the sake of being refreshing. Lol at dem tier lists though, I honestly don't get why people use them. What's really the point of them anyway? I mean, just by playing the game, you can easily tell who's good or bad. Is it for like newcomers or something? It's not like I'm gonna look at a tier list and go "OH, I didn't know Marth was good," and proceed to play him extremely better than I would have lol.
I guess it's more or less to have a general outline of who's good and who isn't. The tier list can nearly always be broken though, unless you're going Ganondorf vs Meta Knight.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I guess it's more or less to have a general outline of who's good and who isn't. The tier list can nearly always be broken though, unless you're going Ganondorf vs Meta Knight.
Yeah I know right, Ganondorf nearly always wins.

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Brawl's most recent tier list (as of April 25, 2013):

SS Tier

1.Meta Knight

S Tier

2.Ice Climbers

A+ Tier

3.Olimar
4.Diddy Kong

A- Tier

5.Marth
6.Snake
7.Falco

B Tier

8.Pikachu
9.Zero Suit Samus
10.Wario

C+ Tier

11.Lucario
12.King Dedede
13.Toon Link

C Tier

14.Wolf
15.Fox
16.Mr. Game and Watch
17.Pit

C- Tier

18.R.O.B.
19.Peach

D Tier

20.Kirby
21.Donkey Kong
22.Sonic
23.Ike
24.Zelda/Sheik
25.Sheik
26.Ness
27.Yoshi

E Tier

28.Luigi
29.Pokémon Trainer
30.Lucas

F Tier

31.Mario
32.Samus
33.Bowser
34.Captain Falcon
35.Link
36.Jigglypuff
37.Zelda
38.Ganondorf

SSJ Kirby

Smash Apprentice
The only real consistent place Kirby has with tier lists is in 64. One minute he's A tier in Brawl, the next D. Overall he's a decent character (above Peach for sure), and definitely a step up from his Melee doppelganger.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
For those who don't know, this was in Kirby's files for Brawl, particularly his animation files. It's nice to see how Sakurai implemented this, knowing he had the same idea in Brawl too.

A Lucky Person

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aLuckyPerson
3DS FC
4914-3160-6884
Do you think it'll be an exact copy of Dedede's Down B with just the one swing even in the air, or will the hammer do its Brawl double swing? It'd be kinda cheeky if a charge move got two hits, but at the same time I'd sorely miss killing people with an unexpected over B. I don't want to have to charge this thing for it to be any good.

One (charged) swing in the air is too predictable, and that would take away a portion of sweet Kirby mind-games.

I understand that doing the move this way is closer to the Kirby games, but I just really want that double swing.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
i would really like it if the second hit of the charged aerial hammer flip swung down and spiked. it would be so satisfying to pull that off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom