• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

kirby's possible hammer mindgame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Kirby short hops and then quickly hammers, it gets canceled when he lands. it is fast too, so IF the opponent puts up a shield, you can grab :D what do you think?

SkylerSilver

Smash Journeyman
Umm. Kirby still gets lag when you do the hammer. So its very easy to punish/shield grab. Shorthopping doesnt cancel the lag either. :/ Shorthopping a hammer is nice as a surprise attack though.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
It doesn't work that well as a mindgame. Too much start-up and too much end-lag, plus you sideB and now you're committed to an attack that takes far too long to end. Chances are that if you're that close to an opponent, they're about to either try and shieldgrab whatever you try to do (so even if the hammer doesn't hit they'll grab you), or are about to hit you with an attack of their own that's faster than anything you can throw... If you do the hammer so close to the ground that the hammer doesn't even come out, then what you essentially did is no different than running to your opponent and standing completely still. You'd be better off not doing that hammer 'mindgame', actually.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Good players are just waiting for Kirby to lag himself. No need to give it to them.

I prefer to put a hitbox out if I'm taking the time to pull out a Giant Swing.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
In any case, now that I think about it, this sounds like something that belongs in the Kirby Q&A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom