• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's Neutral B Improvement

NNID
Rektnator
I suggest Kirby should be able to walk around the stage while the player holds the B button, exerting the Inhaling ability (Neutral B). In my opinion it could serve well as an improvement for Kirby's playing style. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Kaysick

Smash Journeyman
I personally don't see any practical use for the suggested change. You should be punished for not being close enough to inhale the enemy. Also you're rewarded with inhaling them, obviously, but also getting super armor so they can't get any knock back on you during the inhale.

Last edited:

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
In my opinion inhale is already a really good move, so any change to it is unneeded.

However, walking with inhale wouldn't be much of an improvement since they can easily escape by almost any means. You should short hopping your inhale if your going to use it "on" the stage (not saying standing can't work "looks at sonic"). That will give it a bigger range and this range will be covered quicker giving you opponents less time to react and dodge it. I also agree with kaysick to that if you miss your inhale because you weren't close enough you should be punished.

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
I think Inhale is pretty much fine as it is. If I was gonna change anything, I would make copying do the same damage as spitting.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
The first part of inhale functions as it should and should definitely not be improved, however I cannot say the same about both the star shot and copy.

The recovery from performing copy is too much in comparison to the opponent who has been copied. This is generally speaking not a problem but it can be against certain characters like Fox, who recovers directly above Kirby and can punish Kirby. Kirby players should not be punished like this for successfully copying an opponent's ability.

As for Star Shot, although it works decently enough, I believe that the distance should be either buffed before it is cancel-able by the opponent, or make it non-cancel-able like in 64.

SSS

Smash Ace
The first part of inhale functions as it should and should definitely not be improved, however I cannot say the same about both the star shot and copy.

The recovery from performing copy is too much in comparison to the opponent who has been copied. This is generally speaking not a problem but it can be against certain characters like Fox, who recovers directly above Kirby and can punish Kirby. Kirby players should not be punished like this for successfully copying an opponent's ability.

As for Star Shot, although it works decently enough, I believe that the distance should be either buffed before it is cancel-able by the opponent, or make it non-cancel-able like in 64.
But the inhale chaingrab is so good.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Whaaat? That would be hilarious!!
---
But anyway Inhale, as people have said above me, is fine as is. PM gave us the ability to move around in the air when inhaling, so a moving inhale is almost already a thing... kinda, just in the air. The only change I could see them doing is making the inhale grabbox larger, and I couldnt even see them doing that in the first place. So, even if this could be a good idea, Im sure the PMBR is keeping inhale the same.

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
But the inhale chaingrab is so good.
Can you please explain what you are talking about, and how it is related to my post?

Also for everyone saying that inhale is fine (which I agree with); copy is clearly not fine for the reason I have previously given, and star shot I believe should be slightly improved. Does anyone think otherwise?

SSS

Smash Ace
Can you please explain what you are talking about, and how it is related to my post?

Also for everyone saying that inhale is fine (which I agree with); copy is clearly not fine for the reason I have previously given, and star shot I believe should be slightly improved. Does anyone think otherwise?
Because if Star Shot goes farther you can't reinhale them.

Jethroo

Smash Journeyman
I have never thought of inhaling with the intent to chain the star shot, but doesn't seem like it would be to hard since they always end up jumping out of it.

Also, if they wiggle out of the inhale they always go downwards which is nice for putting them in a gimpable position below the edge.

Last edited:

MaxThunder

PM Support

this... do not even try to copy a peach if you're not ready to eat a nair... she can float nair instantly<.<...

Top Bottom