• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's HUP Cancel - A Tutorial And Guide By Ƥнλπ7σϻ

Kirby is more than just a copycat: he has his own techniques! HUP Canceling, a technique that has had good applications for Kirby since the days of Brawl, is still possible within Smash 4 and is just as useful. Youtuber Ƥнλπ7σϻ has made a video explaining how it can be applied within the newest Smash title. Give it a watch and try to HUP to victory!

Comments

This is pretty cool technique. I'm sure a lot of Kirby players are going to use this to mess with people, or maybe just to style. Who knows, maybe Kirby's meta game will change more after this, lol.
:4kirby:

That puffball never fails to surprise me. My opinion that he's one of the most underrated characters on the roster has only been strengthened at every turn. Who knows. Maybe someone will pick him up and show us where he truly stands in the meta.

I think most Kirby mains know about HUP cancelling, it's just not as apparent how to make good use of it. I'll watch the video, maybe it has some information that I didn't know of!

Kirby top tier confirmed. Glad to see the adorable pink puffball back in the spotlight, haven't seen him there since Smash 64!

OH I already knew this even though I didn't play brawl, although I didnt know it could bypass an air dodge's lag so that's neato.

As a Kirby main, I actually was aware of this tech, but I'm glad he listed the applications. Thanks for shedding a little light on my main man Kirby! I think he gets less credit than he deserves.

I heard about this one a few months ago, but I still haven't fully incorporated it into my Kirby's repertoire yet. I guess it shows how much further I have to go still, huh?

Diddy makes the same thing except he makes a monkey scream sound and his hands actually appear, but like this one, their is no hitbox. This is really good for diddy especially at high percents since his d-tilt true combos into up smash and at high percents players are always trying to get that kill confirm/move

How is this tech skill...
At its best its a bait technique.
At its most basic form its an autocanceling move.
Smash 4 kids reeeeaaaally want SOMETHING to call tech dont they.

OH HEY GUYS I FOUND A NEW TECH SKILL!
IF YOU PRESS B A LOT, DR. MARIO'S DOC TORNADO GOES HIGHER
WOOOOOOAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

WOOOOOOAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
Ok, have some salt here with a taste of spaghetti

WOOOOOOAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH
Every "tech" this people find is just a basic move with a fancy name and the funny part is that some of this "advance techniques" are not even usefull.

"Hup cancelling" doesn't really do much, if anything at all. All I ever got out of it was satisfaction that I'm always pressing buttons, like what I feel when I play Melee. In the middle of a match people are looking for visual cues and not sound, and even then, lots of players listen to music during tournament matches so it's not even that good of a bait move.

"Hup cancelling" doesn't really do much, if anything at all. All I ever got out of it was satisfaction that I'm always pressing buttons, like what I feel when I play Melee. In the middle of a match people are looking for visual cues and not sound, and even then, lots of players listen to music during tournament matches so it's not even that good of a bait move.
I was right this thing is not even usefull.

I don't know guys. As a Kirby main, it doesn't really seem that useful. Maybe every now and then, but not something to get hype over.

Top Bottom