• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby's 1.10 Buffs

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Go, my slaves. Find these buffs and report them here.

Being serious, though, let's see if Kirby has any buffs~

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
Fthrow buffed!!
Damage: 7% -> 5%
Now launches MUCH closer (and more vertical?) to Kirby. True combos into Nair at low%s, Uair and Fair at low to mid %s. Even combos into Final Cutter. It true combos into Upper Cutter at kill %s!

Last edited:

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
Fthrow buffed!!
Damage: 7% -> 5%
Now launches MUCH closer (and more vertical?) to Kirby. True combos into Uair and Fair at low %s. Even combos into Final Cutter. It true combos into Upper Cutter at kill %s!
omg this is actually perfect.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
YOOOO FTHROW WTFFFFF

return of the gonzo combo

Edit: no guys holy ****, this new buff wrecks lmaooooo. Fthrow > Uair chain almost everyone.

Last edited:

Altair357

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Altair357
3DS FC
5284-1411-2846
Kirby got buffed on his birthday?!

nikoryan

Smash Cadet
Someone please check fthrow->uair followed by:

reverse utilt-> bair
Or
Re-grab-> to whatever

Bribery

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Bribery
3DS FC
3626-0596-6286
I think our Jab combo improved as well. Possibly placebo but it does feel more reliable to me. :p

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Looks like I'm gonna play him thrice as more as jigglypuff from now on. I'm super hyped for his buff.

Last edited:

Altair357

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Altair357
3DS FC
5284-1411-2846
Upper Cutter doesn't kill out of forward throw if they DI away.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I'm late to this thread but yeah. Inhale starts noticeably faster, fthrow got changed (won't kill combo though, because DI exists) and jab MIGHT link better?
Customs seem unchanged. Inhale starts faster than the other two.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
This probably isn't practical against good players, but if you ever wanna troll on FG... Fthrow -> Dair can cycle through itself a couple times and is extremely hilarious to pull off. LOL.

Also while it's probably not guaranteed I've already pulled off Fthrow -> FF Uair -> Reverse Utilt -> Uair/Bair on a couple FG nerds from 0%. Again, take it with a grain of salt, but might be good for catching jumps as Fthrow -> FF Uair is a recorded combo in training mode.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So they removed the gonzo combo in smash 4 because they evidently thought it was too good, then a bunch of patches later they readd it? This is some Riot Games quality patching, lol

nikoryan

Smash Cadet
This is incredible. We finally got combos out of throws. At low percentage fthrow-> nair/fair/uair-> freestyle.
Even at mid percentage fthrow->uair is a combo if you move towards the opponent's direction. At high percentage, fthrow-> hop and fair or uair is a combo.

It's great to finally be rewarded for grabbing the opponent rather than just using dthrow for damage.

KirbyInk

Smash Rookie
It's great to finally be rewarded for grabbing the opponent rather than just using dthrow for damage.
With how lackluster our approach options are, we should definitely be rewarded for getting a grab. It's now a threat, and opens options for a heavier punish game.

Dessa

Smash Journeyman
With how lackluster our approach options are, we should definitely be rewarded for getting a grab. It's now a threat, and opens options for a heavier punish game.
Improved inhale should make it easier to get projectiles. Maybe that'll ease up some of Kirby's woes in the neutral.

nikoryan

Smash Cadet
Doing fthrow-> FFuair on fast falling characters at low percentage is possible but kinda has strict timing.

I was testing it on fox/shiek and it's a free 14%.
What I find easier and more rewarding is fthrow-> FFnair that can be followed up by an ftilt or dtilt. It's a guaranteed combo and does like 20-23%
Works with fox from 0-12%.
Works with shiek starting at 2-12%.

Might be easier just to catch them with utilt strings followed by a uair though but just in case you grab them you know you do have guaranteed follow ups now.

Elec

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-5666-2210
I'm trying to do Fthrow -> FF Fair -> Dtilt -> Grab.

It seems to be working... sometimes. But either way, his Fthrow moved him up a tier.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
The original gonzo combo can be performed on tilted surfaces and platforms. Like the platform in Yoshi's Island. Guaranteed.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
Inhale got buffed to? Startup or cooldown? And I was so happy when I got to my friends house and was able to bair him into another grab. Kirby is so much more fun now and he was already a blast.

Sp1nda

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
If Kirby has an even better punish game now, God only knows what will happen. When I play Kirby, punishing mistakes after being combo'd are what bring the game back to even instead of the opponent having a percent lead.
I'm excited...
Let's. Go.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Awesome buff :] It doesn't really improve our KO potential, I think, but we now have a new tool for racking up damage.

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
They made Kirby's jab have mote hitstun so you can't mash A out of it no matter how fast you jab or Aerial is. FINALLY! It was so annoying getting hit out of a jab.

Sp1nda

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
Wait, does anyone know if Yoshi can Nair out of our jab now? If not, the MU might be *ever so slightly* better

Last edited:

Luig

Confused
Kirbeh fastest eater confirmed?

Inhale is stupid fast now, its so good. If they made jumping inhale like that, he would almost have infinite recovery.

Last edited:

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
Wait, does anyone know if Yoshi can Nair out of our jab now? If not, the MU might be *ever so slightly* better
I think Yoshi's nair is frame 3 which I believe is tied with Mario and Luigi. So considering Mario couldn't mash out I doubt Yoshi can but I'll check just in case.

Edit: He can't get out of it thankfully. So our jab becomes more viable all-around as a move.

Last edited:

Sp1nda

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
I think Yoshi's nair is frame 3 which I believe is tied with Mario and Luigi. So considering Mario couldn't mash out I doubt Yoshi can but I'll check just in case.

Edit: He can't get out of it thankfully. So our jab becomes more viable all-around as a move.
Well, now I can have more of a chance against Yoshi and it's not necessarily the worst MU in the game! Getting a Nair into Jab combo might be what Kirby has to rely on in the MU now, that is sick!

link2702

Smash Champion
wow...ok kirby fans y'all just got a ridiculously strong tool now with his new Fthrow.

I don't even use kirby, and just now, against a c.falcon(poor falcon...my main :< bair nerf) in for glory i was able to Fthrow him close to the ledge, followed immediately by a Dair, to a footstool for a kill......below 50%.

Something tells me you guy's are about to be fast fallers worst nightmare, cuz i'm pretty sure that setup right there was guaranteed on him.

granted it was a for glory noob falcon who i repeatedly two stocked, but even with DI i don't think there is much a person could do to escape that.

Last edited:

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
So far here's our buffs:
* F-throw does 5% damage which allows for combos after the throw
* Inhale has faster start-up
* Jab always connects into finisher

So far our Pink Puff's looking better and better by the patches. Heck, after this balance patch i wouldn't be suprised if we went up a couple spots on the tier list.

Last edited:

Dessa

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this is a hell of an update. Whatever that super secret Nair nerf is, it's totally worth the sacrifice. Having a ton of fun with these grab combos—not only are they effective, but there's some creativity and room to mix up. Been trying to see if fthrow -> turnaround jump -> bair could be used to punish the air dodge, but I can't really tell for sure (that turnaround puts some distance between you, at least vs. sonic).

Excited to see if combos to inhale work. Fthrow -> FF Fair -> Utilt -> Inhale seems like it does. If so, grabs could lead to inhales at low percentages, making it a LOT easier to even the neutral. A few troublesome matchups like Vs. Pikachu are a good deal easier when you can counter-spam projectiles, so more lead-ins to inhale means more viable matchups. I'm not a champ at this game, but this could well move Kirby up the tierlist. I can't WAIT to see what MikeKirby and RRR can come up with in a match.

Top Bottom