• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Video Thread

Gold Dart

Smash Apprentice
Solid Kirby play overall. You use D-tilt and up-air well, and you seem to have a decent tournament mind set.

A few bad habits I notice are roll spam ( especially when you start to get nervous ) and sometimes poor spacing against shields. The only thing I saw that I really didn't like was your platform game. You seemed to be trying to bait something out of Shiek and ICs by platform camping, but this is an invalid strategy for kirby in most MUs because kirby has no real answer to up-air approaches. In general you should almost never be above your opponent.

Be creative and keep up the good work!

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Yeah. Overall I noticed a lot of really hesitant plays. I mainly played on the platforms to really combat the stronger IC ground game. Regardless, I'm trying to mess around with platform shield drop back air. It's pretty good when I practiced it in my lab.

Also I agree that I need more f-tilt mix ups but the down tilt is just so much safer. Wavedash down tilt just beats falcons and Marths so easily.

I also understand that Kirby's roll is amazing, but I mainly roll because my wave dash out of shield is rusty. My opponents nowadays read an in roll which is pretty bad on my part.

I'm still messing around with options with Kirby at NorCal tournaments. I made a few new discoveries and yeah. Placed 7th out of 34 going all Kirby but 2 games at a recent tournament.

Thanks for all the advice on this stuff.

Triple R

Smash Lord
So I'm just going to watch the vids in order and just comment on random things that stick out to me. Then maybe add a summary at the end of each. Oh yeah before I forget. You do a lot of good things, but there's only so much time in the world so I'm only going to mention things to look out for or work on. Here it goes...

Winners Round 1: C. Rabbit :kirbymelee: vs Fly Taka :falcomelee:

1:48: Nothing really wrong here, but I would've ended the utilts earlier. By the time you hit them 2-3 times they've most likely tried to guess a tech, meaning they can't tech anymore. Try letting them splat after a couple and jab reset into whatever. I like to take Falco's laser after this.

2:57: Nothing wrong either, I would've opted for a bthrow instead. I know people will say never to use bthrow and fthrow, but I disagree. Judging by how you got two pummels in before throwing him, I doubt he would've broken out too. On to my point though. If you would've bthrown two things would've happened: 1) He DIs high and lands on the platform he landed on anyway, which is a free tech chase from below just like your uthrow. 2) He DIs low and lands near the edge. Either tech chase him to the ledge and dtilt or get the tech in and punish there. The main problem I see with uthrow is he could've avoided any follow up by simply DIing away. He wasn't aware and made a terrible decision DIing towards you. If he doesn't break out of throws bthrow would have given you more guaranteed follow up options.

5:10: Easy there slugger. I think you would've been dead if the Falco didn't mess up. He did a dsmash on the platform, but we all know he meant to fall through dair. You're head was popping up a little ways too. Not too much to say besides remembering to be careful.

6:17: I'm kinda surprised he teched your ledge hop fair considering you hit him with the landing hit of fair too. Not sure why you went for a grab though. Is this something that works on bad DI, or was that mistake like grabbing too early? My instinct would have been to wait to see if he missed the tech and prep myself for a jab reset. If he techs then try to punish from there.

6:30: You dthrow him on the platform. This is something that Kirby should milk if he can. I personally like to do dthrow "chaingrabs" on platforms until I think they will DI off. For some reason you shield even though you have the advantage in the situation. My advice to try would be to pivot grab him and "drag" him back to the center of the platform with another dthrow. Or you can cheat like me and do a dash dance stopped into shield grab. It's slower but is still pretty quick if done right. Either way, moral of the story is you had a free punish, but it looks like you were unsure/scared.

End of the day. It just looked like you were better than this Falco.

Winners Round 2: C. Rabbit :kirbymelee: vs Nhat :marthmelee:

2:02: The dilemma: I can't tell you that you were wrong to dthrow, but you can be punished for that. Even I do it if I think the opponent doesn't know the matchup. But I feel it's my job to make sure you know that's not safe. Marth can UpB or fair (really tight timing for fair) you for dthrowing him. He doesn't have to tech ever. He can jump out if he feels like it too.

2:40: You are edgeguarding and you back off while you are able to CC most of his aerials. I would have stayed put. Usually you can CC whatever he throws at you and dtilt him into an edgeguard again. I kinda forget if you can dtilt inbetween the two hits of nair. I feel like you can but I know you could CC into shield for sure and not take the second hit, which is normally a free grab punish at least. Obviously it's different when you're at higher %, but if you don't have much damage I would take the damage for a possible kill any day.

5:55: After you hammer you do a couple utilts. You get shield grabbed after the 2nd. I would have crouched after the 1st. I am willing to bet he would have tried to grab and whiffed. He was already sheilding, his instinct was probably flooded with "sheild grab!" If my scenario worked, it would have been a free utilt to uair.

8:41: Nothing too big here. You knock him down with a getup attack. You were probably a little too hasty. You ended up getting hit with his getup attack in return. I would have ran and tried to duck the getup attack and punish afterwards. I've had mixed results on crouching Marth's getup attack, but next to the ledge like that I think it would have been worth it.

Winners Semis: C. Rabbit :kirbymelee: vs Bon Bon :sheikmelee:

0:20: You dthrow and try to tech chase Sheik. This doesn't work. Sheik should always be able to ftilt you before you can grab her again. The only way I could see you reaching her is if she DIed the dthrow to the right then teched to the left or vice versa. I guess if she was the by ledge it would work too lol. On Sheik I tend run to where she teched and do a dtilt at maximum distance.

0:41: Haha, tech chase hammer and hope they spot dodge or mess up is pretty fun to go for, not going to lie.

1:18: Not sure why you did a getup attack from the ledge. Maybe accident? It looked like you still kinda had time for that uair. I would've done a normal jump from the ledge. Most Sheiks aren't good enough and/or brave enough to sweetspot the ledge when someone is on it.

1:36: Not sure how he got 3 grabs on you. I usually only remember getting grabbed like 2 times at most. I probably DI in/up and hope they don't punish me hard for it.

1:52: Hard to call out during a match, but if you would've just ran up and shielded, you could've baired out of shield and taken his stock after he faired.

3:01: You try to like buffer or option select or whatever for a jab reset after you dthrow. imo this is something you should be able to react to instead of trying to cover multiple options. If they miss the tech, you react with a jab. If they tech, you react to which direction they go.

3:18: You do a bthrow here. Judging by the DI and % I think you could have comboed into an uair. It can be pretty tight timing sometimes, but that looks like it would've connected.

4:52: Kinda hard to react to the combo right here, but I would've tried a fair/bair/nair whatever after the couple utilts. Definitely too high for grab.

5:35: Probably should have grabbed the ledge sooner. You grabbed it really late, which seemed like it made you late for the UpB punish.

6:25: Relates back to 3:01. Plenty of time to react to and jab reset that missed tech. Good recovery/good reading the roll afterwards as a followup.

19:04: Not sure what you were afraid of. That was an easy grab of the ledge kill.

In general I think you should be grabbing the ledge faster for ledgeguards in the this matchup. Just jump and regrab if you want to refresh invincibility. I feel like you let her get away with too many recoveries in general. Otherwise good play. I treat this matchup similar to Marth. A lot of crouches for sure.

That's all I'm going to do for now. That took forever as is. I'll finish the other two another time. As expected, the commentators sound like they know nothing about Kirby XD

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Hi guys. Here are videos from last tournament that I went to.

[August 3 2014] Davis Weekly #4 FINALE (featuring UC Davis vs UC Berkeley Crew Battle)
7th out of 34 in Singles
3rd out of 11 in Doubles

[Doubles] Team Grime Rabbit :kirbymelee:/:foxmelee: vs EMP | Team Space :falcomelee:/:marthmelee: http://www.twitch.tv/davissmash/c/4827332
[Singles] Cereal Rabbit :kirbymelee: vs Dkuo :falcomelee: http://www.twitch.tv/davissmash/c/4827514
[Crew Battle] Cereal Rabbit :kirbymelee: vs Zane :falconmelee: http://www.twitch.tv/davissmash/c/4827715 (8:35-11:30) <~ Watch this if you're only going to watch one video
[Crew Battle] Cereal Rabbit :kirbymelee: vs Sylvan :foxmelee: http://www.twitch.tv/davissmash/c/4827715 (12:30-18:00)

An epic doubles match was recorded too with Team Grime Rabbit :kirbymelee:/:foxmelee: vs a :peachmelee:/:luigimelee: team, but the stream was down unfortunately. If you're in a rush watch the 3rd video. It's amazing. LOL

Triple R

Smash Lord
Try to give my impressions quick.

ICs vid from before:

I kinda agree with Gold Dart about the platform camping. I don't think it's that good. Good to mix in, but's not a go to strategy for the whole match. Kirby is strongest on the ground. All platform camping showed is that you aren't comfortable/confident against ICs. I don't think it's a bad idea to be on platforms completely, but it's almost impossible to do any real damage when up there. Ideally you would be on the ground with a platform above you if you need to escape to in a split second.

The fox matches:

I'm definitely not going to claim I've figured this matchup out. It can be pretty hard. I did notice you didn't even really regular DI any uthrows though. SDI can be tricky, but you weren't even holding left or right. I would try to work on getting the DI on fox's uthrow.

The end of your section of the crew battle. Shame on you for going for the bthrow kirbycide. Honestly after the jab reset I would have walked both of us forward slightly to make sure the bthrow wouldn't go off the stage and try to edgeguard from there.

Overall thoughts:

First I want to address ChivalRuse saying dtilt is inferior to ftilt. This is a terrible way to think about the moves. Frame wise they are pretty much the same move. dtilt comes out a frame earlier but ends one slower. ftilt comes out a frame slower but is one frame quicker on ending. It's all really about the hitboxes and the matchup you are playing. Obviously, yes, dtilt is good for edgeguarding, but it's also good for matchups where you can crouch grabs: Marth, Sheik, and Falcon etc., or against characters that are highly ground based in their approach: Luigi, ICs, and Samus etc. Ftilt tends to be better against characters that jump a lot or are in the air more: Fox/Falco, Jiggs, and Peach etc. It all really depends on the matchup and situation. You just wanna use the one that has the more appropriate hitbox or crouch abuse for the moment at hand. You just gotta learn it. P.S. You can use ftilt to edgeguard too ;)

I think you try to inhale/kirbycide too much. You need to throw it out just a tad so they are slightly scared of your recovery. Then the job is done. No need to throw it out every other recovery. After awhile some players will respect your recovery so much that it's a free recovery everytime. Just go for the ledge and get back on stage.

As mentioned before you need to grab the ledge more on everyone's recoveries. You usually just wait for a dtilt by the ledge and miss covering the option they use to avoid the dtilt. All you have to do in most scenarios is grab the ledge to make them think they can't go there. Then ledge hop and punish however you can. Grabbing the ledge also puts the threat of bair right there since you already turned around.

I feel like there was another thing I wanted to point out right now, but I don't remember. That's all for now.

Triple R

Smash Lord
The info you put in the video is basically correct, but it's lacks all the details. Yes, if you do hammer in the air twice, the second one won't float up. But if you land with a different attack instead of just normal landing, the float up won't be refreshed for you next aerial hammer.

I believe this is pretty much true for any move in the game that has a float up with it like Marth's side b, Mario's cape, Peach's toad.

Kawaii-Kun

Smash Apprentice
The info you put in the video is basically correct, but it's lacks all the details. Yes, if you do hammer in the air twice, the second one won't float up. But if you land with a different attack instead of just normal landing, the float up won't be refreshed for you next aerial hammer.

I believe this is pretty much true for any move in the game that has a float up with it like Marth's side b, Mario's cape, Peach's toad.
Wow, I didn't even know about the attack landing lag thing! Thanks for the tips, Triple R.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Been kinda slacking on posting results and stuff lately. Luckily it's not too much.

Shameless self plug though. I started using my Twitter for more gaming now. Follow me at https://twitter.com/Triple_R_Gaming I'm also officially registered for The Big House 4. I guess technically it will be my first "national" tourney. Should be fun.

Gamerheadz Tourney
http://twincitygamers.challonge.com/TCGSSBM3
3rd out of 24

Gamerheadz Tourney
http://twincitygamers.challonge.com/TCGSMBM3
2nd out of 24

Gamerheadz Tourney
http://twincitygamers.challonge.com/TCGSSBM4
1st out of 20

SLUG 3
Bad TOs forgot to save bracket...
3rd out of roughly 30

Hyper Fighting
Don't see any results anywhere yet...
3rd out of 64

Twitch archives are really choppy for melee. Linked anyway just in case you want to watch it.

http://www.twitch.tv/mnsmash/b/563642162?t=6m50s - Jim (Peach) vs Me (Kirby)
http://www.twitch.tv/mnsmash/b/563642162?t=1h3m50s - Slayer (Fox) vs Me (Kirby)

Last edited:

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Hey guys. Here is a recent large tournament I went to and some really nice streamed videos. Shout outs to Showdown Smash.

9/6/14 SSBM Trials #2 (San Francisco, CA)

Singles 25th place out of 133 entrants
- Played Marth for 2 games in one set. Went Kirby for 8 other sets.
- I made it out of pools, winning 8 sets and losing 1.
- Lost both sets in top 32 bracket

Doubles 9th place out of 30 entrants
- Went all Kirby

C. Rabbit :kirbymelee: vs PewPewU :marthmelee: (Rank #1 in NorCal) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDoBHcpbTT8
C. Rabbit :kirbymelee:/:marthmelee: vs Eren's Mom :foxmelee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UATWBu-lZlQ

NorCal is a pretty damn hard region to do well in. Haha. I made lots of technical errors, but I'm just putting more Kirby vids up so I watch see how I improve as I use him more in tournaments.

Last edited:

Triple R

Smash Lord
Ugh... Another case of people not knowing what people are talking about during commentary... Marth is the easiest high tier matchup. Plzzz... that goes to Faclon!

Definitely was curious to see how you did against PewPewU. I didn't think you did too bad. Yeah, there was some bad DI here and there, but Marth can have a lot of DI mixups in his combos and throws, so it's whatevers.

On initial impression I don't really have much to say. I do think you gave him too much credit when he was the on the ledge. You kept on wavedashing back when he was hanging there even though you are at crouch cancel percent. Be a man! Take whatever he throws at you and CC into dtilt or whatever. Never back off against a Marth hanging on the ledge unless you can't CC anymore. If you notice them doing a ledge roll, wavedash back and punish. That's what I would try to do.

I remember on the left side of dreamland PewPewU UpBed to the ledge and you were at like 0% and you just took the hit when you were on stage. I can tell you weren't holding down, but if you were that would have been a easy CC dtilt leading into a kill. I promise you, if you start holding down near the ledge when you have them off, Marth's will heavily fear you when they are on the ledge. When in doubt, crouch!

Don't remember too much about the Fox matchup. Edgeguarding is definitely key like in any spacie matchup though.

Personally I believe you should be more patient when recovering. You seem to like to challenge the edgeguarder a lot. While possible, and it's still a good mixup, as Kirby it's kinda hard to do that successfully from the ledge. I think part of this is to being nervous about being offstage and wanting to get back on stage to eagerly. You showed a lot of fear being offstage and would try to airdodge onto the stage even when the opponent was giving you the ledge (actually noticed this more when you were Marth).

Keep the videos coming!

Triple R

Smash Lord
Figured I should post couple sets for TBH4

Match with Bizzaro Flame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nREyA_qf4mw

Then doubles against Hbox and Plup: http://www.twitch.tv/meleemilwaukee/b/574855832 (rough lol)

Just gonna lay out how the tourney went.

Round Robin Pools:
Bizzaro Flame 0-2
DarkLouis 1-2
Beano 2-0
SLAM 2-0
Migz 2-0
kaz sucks 2-0
exJORDANary 2-0

Bracket Pools:
Sweet 2-0
Cactuar 0-2
Fumbles 2-0
The Lake 2-1
n0ne 1-2

My set with The Lake was recorded on a phone. Doubt it will be uploaded though.

n0ne

Smash Ace
Figured I should post couple sets for TBH4

Match with Bizzaro Flame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nREyA_qf4mw

Then doubles against Hbox and Plup: http://www.twitch.tv/meleemilwaukee/b/574855832 (rough lol)

Just gonna lay out how the tourney went.

Round Robin Pools:
Bizzaro Flame 0-2
DarkLouis 1-2
Beano 2-0
SLAM 2-0
Migz 2-0
kaz sucks 2-0
exJORDANary 2-0

Bracket Pools:
Sweet 2-0
Cactuar 0-2
Fumbles 2-0
The Lake 2-1
n0ne 1-2

My set with The Lake was recorded on a phone. Doubt it will be uploaded though.
Its a shame our set wasnt recorded man. Your kirby is so good, i have a pocket kirby but obviously not as good as yours

GGs, your kirby is top notch

Last edited:

Triple R

Smash Lord
Got a vid from a few weeks ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4uhOJjdM5A Against Yujie (Fox); WFs

Tourney post too.

On Thursday, went to a local Gamerheadz tourney. Can't find the challonge bracket, but got 1st out of 14-16 people. Was the highest PRed person there.

SLUG 5 on Saturday: http://challonge.com/SLUG5
1st out of 40-46 people. Highest ranked person there too.

All of MN's top top were not around this last week/weekend.

@ n0ne n0ne yeah, good games, agreed, shame it wasn't recorded. I'll keep leveling up my Kirby. We'll have to play again someday.

@ J Jibca If you do get the video uploaded, let me know or post it here. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Triple R

Against Bizarro Flame:

In my humble opinion (seriously, it's very humble) your not really playing the Ganon matchup right. For the most part you want to approach with your back toward Ganon because up tilt and back air cut off so many of his options. When mixed appropriately they are really hard to counter. Back air can usually out space Ganon's fair and bair

Also bair and reverse bair are really good on his sheild for pressure. Bair often leads into up tilt pressure which is even better.

In game two he does a falling up air to kill you. Falling up air is LITERALLY the only thing Ganon can really kill you with off the edge. Down air is incredibly easy to meteor cancelled. Fairs and bairs are easy to avoid. Up b is easy to tech then down air the lag. It sounds like a pretty silly thing but learn to tech the falling down air! It's doable and makes you utterly invincible off the ledge. When you can't tech it, at least try to see it coming. There are options if you know what's about to happen.

Ganon is the only matchup I get a lot of experience with so I'm opinionated.

You do tons of awesome stuff in that match. You're inspiration to Kirbies everywhere :p

Last edited:

Triple R

Smash Lord
This happened a couple months ago, and I've thought it about plenty since then. I'm only going to comment on one thing.

Fair is way better than bair for shield pressure in any matchup and always will be.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Went to a 18 man tourney at a local store. Got 1st. Been awhile since vids were posted here. Getting them up here before they disappear from twitch. Definitely was rusty. Smash 4 has been taking up a lot of my time. Still had a good time though.

http://www.twitch.tv/legacygamesrosemount/b/612463574

13:00 - vs TD (Falcon) - Winners Eighths
43:20 - vs Eddy (Sheik) - Winners Quarters
1:18:15 - vs Veklor (Falco) - Winners Semifinals
1:26:15 - vs Sync (Peach/Fox) - Winners Finals
2:36:25 - vs Eddy (Sheik) - Grand Finals

Been awhile since anyone posted vids. Hopefully this is good for the time being lol.

Kawaii-Kun

Smash Apprentice
Went to a 18 man tourney at a local store. Got 1st. Been awhile since vids were posted here. Getting them up here before they disappear from twitch. Definitely was rusty. Smash 4 has been taking up a lot of my time. Still had a good time though.

http://www.twitch.tv/legacygamesrosemount/b/612463574

13:00 - vs TD (Falcon) - Winners Eighths
43:20 - vs Eddy (Sheik) - Winners Quarters
1:18:15 - vs Veklor (Falco) - Winners Semifinals
1:26:15 - vs Sync (Peach/Fox) - Winners Finals
2:36:25 - vs Eddy (Sheik) - Grand Finals

Been awhile since anyone posted vids. Hopefully this is good for the time being lol.
Lelz, that falling Dash Attack cancelled grab vs Sync.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Dual results and vids post.

Games N Go Store Tourney 1/23/15
3rd of about 16

University of Minnesota Monthly #3 1/24/15
http://smashboards.com/threads/university-of-minnesota-monthly-3.388241/
1st of 17 teams
5th of 73 singles entrants

Legacy Games Store Tourney 1/31/15
2nd out of about 16
(These vids are probably going to be gone in a couple days since they are just past broadcasts. I think they only last a couple weeks.)

http://www.twitch.tv/legacygamesrosemount/b/618761537
7:00 - Kirby vs Peach
27:45 - Kirby vs Spencer (Marth/Fox)
46:55 - WFs: Kirby vs Slayer (Falcon/Fox)

I'll post vids for the monthly later.

Kawaii-Kun

Smash Apprentice

Games N Go Store Tourney 1/23/15
3rd of about 16

University of Minnesota Monthly #3 1/24/15
http://smashboards.com/threads/university-of-minnesota-monthly-3.388241/
1st of 17 teams
5th of 73 singles entrants

Legacy Games Store Tourney 1/31/15
2nd out of about 16
(These vids are probably going to be gone in a couple days since they are just past broadcasts. I think they only last a couple weeks.)

http://www.twitch.tv/legacygamesrosemount/b/618761537
7:00 - Kirby vs Peach
27:45 - Kirby vs Spencer (Marth/Fox)
46:55 - WFs: Kirby vs Slayer (Falcon/Fox)

I'll post vids for the monthly later.
Oh god, that hammer styling on Peach. Dethroning the princess with disrespect! XD

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
Hello all, I just recently picked up Kirby (I just picked him up this week, been playing him for like 4 days), and I wanted to ask if you guys could give me some critique? This was my first tournament using Kirby, and also my first time on stream, so I was quite nervous, and I also was trying to put on a show for chat (I'd been playing friendlies on the stream setup all night and had my tablet on me so I was interacting with chat between friendly matches, and so I was in large part trying to please them and the crowd that formed). However I found Kirby extremely fun and want to pick him up. I would appreciate any feedback given!

Anyway, here is the set, it starts around 10 min: http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/626652616

Thanks!

JipC

Smash Journeyman
I do dumb stuff but fun match overall https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57Wt45jQnqw
Mush's Fox is good but he just picked up Sheik and he sucks with her (lol look at me talking Im the one who lost)
Criticism would be great. I'm not as serious about Kirby as I am with Doc/Mario but I'm always looking to step up my game.

Triple R

Smash Lord

Vids from U of M Monthly #3

Doubles

Winners' Seminfinals: Triple R/Slayer vs Amanze/Deepak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXjJJ2tVm-U

Winners' Finals : Triple R/Slayer vs Rat/Sync
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pKRClBCiW0

Grand Finals: Triple R/Slayer vs Rat/Sync
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVJyKxkb95E

Singles

Winner's Bracket: Triple R vs Ersaac
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7yORx3F7Dc

Winner's Bracket: Triple R vs Dembo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpxY_-0d7GE

Winner's Semifinals: Triple R vs Chexr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVVpUEWmmSc

Loser's Quarters: Triple R vs Amanze
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSnTqANwm50

U of M Weekly (Minneapolis, MN) 2/15/15
2nd of 40ish? Don't remember # of entrants. Was pools into a 32 man bracket.
http://umnsmash.challonge.com/umnmelee02_15_14/standings

Great Revival (La Crosse, WI) 2/21/15
4th of 35 teams http://gr.challonge.com/melee_doubles
7th of 120 entrants http://gr.challonge.com/melee

Doubles

Winners Bracket Triple R/Tempest vs Jon$/Gandalf
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv99SOCdJsw

Losers Bracket Triple/Tempest vs JBM/MegaRobDad
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_aHbwE5Rvg

Losers Quarters Triple R/Tempest vs Chexr/Amanze
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Heyj-cQ-MGc

Losers Semis Triple R/Tempest vs Kels/Dart
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzakUWzpg5Q

Singles

Winner's Quarters: Triple R vs M2K
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKPXg2v6R9w

Loser's Bracket: Triple R vs Orly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPlHa-NRoxM

Loser's Top 8: Triple R vs DavidCue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1i6UET3Vhg

Gamerheadz (Edina, MN) 2/26/15
2nd of 13 entrants
http://challonge.com/melee02262015

GamesNGo (Roseville, MN) 2/27/15
2nd of 8 player round robin
http://challonge.com/gngmeleefeb

U of M Monthly #4 (St. Paul, MN) 2/28/15
1st of 9 teams
2nd of 72 entrants
http://smashboards.com/threads/university-of-minnesota-monthly-4.393240/

More vids to come later.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Oops sorry for double posting but lols

DCSC Tournament in Davis, CA (1st out of 85 entrants)
https://www.facebook.com/events/900128103341670/

Pools: http://challonge.com/dcscpool3
Brackets: http://challonge.com/dcscbracket

Winners Quarters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T7YgqlEgME:kirbymelee: vs :zeldamelee:/:sheikmelee:
Winners Semishttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgHsa94vv48 (oops I played Marth) :marthmelee: vs :foxmelee:
Winners Finals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOf74dBAvOk:kirbymelee: vs :falconmelee:
Grand Finals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leIS9FKuqrM:kirbymelee: vs :falconmelee:

Just dropping off some videos to spread the Kirby love.

Last edited:

Kawaii-Kun

Smash Apprentice

Winners Quarters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1T7YgqlEgME:kirbymelee: vs :zeldamelee:/:sheikmelee:
Winners Semishttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgHsa94vv48 (oops I played Marth) :marthmelee: vs :foxmelee:
Winners Finals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOf74dBAvOk:kirbymelee: vs :falconmelee:
Grand Finals https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leIS9FKuqrM:kirbymelee: vs :falconmelee:

Congratulations on your first place victory! Hope to see more Kirby awesomeness coming from you!

Modesty

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
ALIC#155

Those hammers tho

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
I recently placed 65th out of 316 entrants at I'm Not Yelling (NorCal Major):
going all Kirby and even beating the #14 rank player Ky in NorCal. I also beat Dkuo who is an amazing Falco and Pikachu.

I also placed 9th out of 92 entrants at GSATF #41:
going all Kirby 2-0'ing Crimson Blur with easy 3 stocks, 2-0'ing drunk Armada's Pichu/Sheik, and a few other great wins.
http://showdowngg.challonge.com/SFGameNight41
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBM/comments/32lyq8/get_smashed_at_the_foundry_41_ft_armada_leffen/

Here's a match vs MacD at GSATF #41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA9VUgJCnp8

Nothing else was streamed :(

MisterCTM

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0387-9736-6460
I recently placed 65th out of 316 entrants at I'm Not Yelling (NorCal Major):
going all Kirby and even beating the #14 rank player Ky in NorCal. I also beat Dkuo who is an amazing Falco and Pikachu.

I also placed 9th out of 92 entrants at GSATF #41:
going all Kirby 2-0'ing Crimson Blur with easy 3 stocks, 2-0'ing drunk Armada's Pichu/Sheik, and a few other great wins.
http://showdowngg.challonge.com/SFGameNight41
http://www.reddit.com/r/SSBM/comments/32lyq8/get_smashed_at_the_foundry_41_ft_armada_leffen/

Here's a match vs MacD at GSATF #41
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aA9VUgJCnp8

Nothing else was streamed :(
Yeah I think it's safe to say that you're the #2 Kirby now.

How was Armada's drunk sheik?

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
So the game was on BF, and Armada had amazing stage control and platform needles, but I was able to maneuver my crouch tilts and crouch grabs to always be ahead of him in the game. I was also pretty nervous because the whole time I was thinking "oh shoot I'm about to beat one of the best smashers in the world in a legit tournament set." I messed up a lot of recoveries which Armada obviously capitalized on, but overall it was a close 1 stock game.

Top Bottom