• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby the Duck - Ducking Viability and Discussion

Ansou

Smash Ace
NNID
Ansoulom
3DS FC
4897-5959-9210
Uhm so is there a list somewhere with ALL moves that Kirby can and can't duck under? Not every character is covered in the pastebin thingy.

chronoquairium

Smash Rookie
Sorry for the bump, but I need to ask this.
I'm picking up Kirby as a potential counterpick/surprise-factor choice, and I need to know if this is still relevant in 1.1.6. Considering how outdated this thread is, I don't know.

Yes, I know about the Pastebin in the other thread, but I don't know whether that's relevant either, and this is a more fitting thread to ask it in.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Sorry for the bump, but I need to ask this.
I'm picking up Kirby as a potential counterpick/surprise-factor choice, and I need to know if this is still relevant in 1.1.6. Considering how outdated this thread is, I don't know.

Yes, I know about the Pastebin in the other thread, but I don't know whether that's relevant either, and this is a more fitting thread to ask it in.
Kirby hasn't been doing so well at all as of this patch, and his best players have more or less fallen off. Kirby's the kind of character you need to main to get the full benefit of, which includes knowing different followups percents on the rest of the cast, your pacing, and so forth. Unless you're really patient already, Kirby's meta has more or less developed against him, including even his best MUs, as running away and camping/timing him out really hurts him in the long run.

chronoquairium

Smash Rookie
Kirby hasn't been doing so well at all as of this patch, and his best players have more or less fallen off. Kirby's the kind of character you need to main to get the full benefit of, which includes knowing different followups percents on the rest of the cast, your pacing, and so forth. Unless you're really patient already, Kirby's meta has more or less developed against him, including even his best MUs, as running away and camping/timing him out really hurts him in the long run.
I can deal with that. I'm more than able to use multiple playstyles (even switching mid-game with any of my mains), and I enjoy the technical side of things. I was more talking about the point of this thread, the ducking. I understand that the metagame for Kirby sucks (no pun intended), but that's why I'm here; Kirby's less likely to have a known match-up at high-level, and maybe I can abuse that. (Just look at Nairo's Doc and Armada's Young Link.)

Anyways, I can get bothered by that later; is the ducking list still the same? That's mostly what I meant earlier, sorry for not elaborating.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
I can deal with that. I'm more than able to use multiple playstyles (even switching mid-game with any of my mains), and I enjoy the technical side of things. I was more talking about the point of this thread, the ducking. I understand that the metagame for Kirby sucks (no pun intended), but that's why I'm here; Kirby's less likely to have a known match-up at high-level, and maybe I can abuse that. (Just look at Nairo's Doc and Armada's Young Link.)

Anyways, I can get bothered by that later; is the ducking list still the same? That's mostly what I meant earlier, sorry for not elaborating.
If I'm not mistaken, the discord server should have an accurate list of every move Kirby can duck under in the game. You can check that out if you'd like. I don't have it on me personally as I've left the server.

Top Bottom