• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Kirby & The Amazing Cats

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys.... you should checkout the Kirby discord if you're not already in it.... Word on the street is is that it's pretty lit....

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I'm having problems with the Kirby Discord, or rather, I'm having problems being entered. I'm not allowed to see the rules or anything and I can't comment on anything. Does anyone know a solution to this?

(M)

Smash Cadet
How would you guys rate kirby as a character if hes copying ability could copy every move?

Like umm. For example. You want shiek's bouncing fish. So you inhail as normal, but input the comands for bouncing fish. Then inhail turns into bouncing fish

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
How would you guys rate kirby as a character if hes copying ability could copy every move?

Like umm. For example. You want shiek's bouncing fish. So you inhail as normal, but input the comands for bouncing fish. Then inhail turns into bouncing fish
Broken. All MUs would be significantly different

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
So how long have these boards been dormant? 2, maybe 3 weeks? Anyway, I've been thinking a lot about Kirby as of late and how we can improve his meta, and I think it comes down to a simple science: Copy Abilities.

I know many of you are saying, "But Spider, Copy Abilities are hard to get since the opponent never gets close to us." That's true, but maybe that's because most Copy Abilities are capable of giving Kirby some form of help in several MUs. Let's take Mario for example. I know you guys hate Mario, but I find him to be manageable for the most part. When you copy Fireballs, you gain a spacing tool that can inflict damage in small doses. We all know Kirby's approaching options and neutral are very subpar, but having a decent projectile to help create spacing between Mario, a character that suffers from range issues like we do, is pretty helpful to have.

Another good example to use is Sheik. When we get Needles, the Sheik potentially becomes in our favor, since Kirby can camp with Needles all day whereas Sheik can't do the same with us because of our small height and amazing crouch. Needles can turn the tide of a match, and being able to do that against what's considered the best character in the game by most is a really great thing to have.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
This has been talked about before and yes, Copy Abilities do help us out in some MUs. This biggest examples being Villager and Olimar.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180

First thing that came to mind after reading that. Kirb's is still one of my favourite lower tiered characters in this game, along with Falco and Ganon.

TimG57867

Smash Ace
HELLO EVERYONE! I'M BACK!

Yeah, sorry about the long absence. I was in my senior year of college and when you're a Computer Science major you really just don't have a lot of time. Plus between Pokemon GO! and Pokemon Sun and Moon, Pokemon kinda stole my heart last year. But my struggle is finally over and I can focus more attention to Smash Bros. again!

I see activity on the boards has gone way down which doesn't surprise me. But that's not gonna stop me from trying to make my presence known again and keep the meta updated around here. Ah just feels good to get back into it after such a long absence. Not sure who still posts around here, but I am here to say I'm back!

TimG57867

Smash Ace
So yeah, I know this place isn't exactly bursting with activity but I just had to share this here:

It's basically Kirby Return to Dreamland + Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards + Kirby Super Star + Kirby GCN (which was canceled...) merged into one game. Considering it'll be another 2D adventure, I honestly don't think I could have asked for more.

PS: Man. Every time a new Kirby game gets announced, I look at all his cool abilities. Then I look at his Smash Bros specials and say to myself: "THIS is the best they could do?" :glare:

BagrB0y

Smash Cadet
What are good secondaries to go with Kirby?
I've heard Megman is good, but I haven't been enjoying him too much.

I've been kinda interested in Greninja, Charizard, and to some degree Lucario.
Of these 3, are any really good? Also, are there other characters I should try for difficult matchups (I.E. Cloud)

TimG57867

Smash Ace
Hey y'all. I really have to apologize for my frequent absences. It's just that Pokemon has eaten a lot of my time this year and I am really working to get a solid career now that I am free from the clutches of college. That said, I have been watching a lot of Smash Bros lately and it's inspired me to get back into the rhythm of things. So you can once again expect me to try post content around here to keep the boards from being totally dead. Plus, if and when Smash 5 is announced, I want my Smash skill to be sharp.

PS: I think's high time I give the Kirby discord a checkout. Especially now that I finally have a Discord account.

Top Bottom