• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Kirby & The Amazing Cats

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I'd like to take this opportunity to praise Master Hero Super Fly for the up throw buff.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
How's it going Kiry mains? The DK boards are redoing our MU thread and Kirby is one of the chosen few for this week's discussion. We'd appreciate any feedback, insights, and opinions you guys have on the MU.

TimG57867

Smash Ace
Hey everyone! Sorry I've been away from the boards for so long. Finals week was hellish. But I am back for the summer now. How y'all doing?

I am personally dying as I wait for Kirby Planet Robobot to hit west side. I swear you can't type ANYTHING Kirby related with out the recommended bar on Youtube getting swamping with spoileriffic thumbnails.

Last edited:

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
Glad to have you back!

I'm currently waiting for Robobot as well and the new patch XD Though I haven't had much chance to play Smash recently so I'm just bleh.
I'm also confused cos of this Master Super Fly Guy? o.o;
Part form that I'm a'ight.

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
Hey everyone! Sorry I've been away from the boards for so long. Finals week was hellish. But I am back for the summer now. How y'all doing?

I am personally dying as I wait for Kirby Planet Robobot to hit west side. I swear you can't type ANYTHING Kirby related with out the recommended bar on Youtube getting swamping with spoileriffic thumbnails.
Glad to hear you're back are you on the Discord at all?

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
So I'm trying to get back into Smash after being away from home for nearly 3 months (boot camp), and I just know my motivation, knowledge and execution isn't there like it used to be. Has anyone gone through this? How'd y'all push through it? I'd like to get my Kirby up to speed so I can start showing off again at least, because my mindset just isn't there at all. x.x

KingDaiGurren

Smash Journeyman
So I'm trying to get back into Smash after being away from home for nearly 3 months (boot camp), and I just know my motivation, knowledge and execution isn't there like it used to be. Has anyone gone through this? How'd y'all push through it? I'd like to get my Kirby up to speed so I can start showing off again at least, because my mindset just isn't there at all. x.x
Play for fun for a little bit then when you feel like you have the game back under your fingers again then just try doing things you used to be able to do in training. I usually start with movement then go into true combos then start getting back into fancier stuff. No worries man if you want it you can have it! Don't give up!

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I've been going through a similar thing, though it's because Senior year was the definition of annoyance with all the projects I had to do over the past couple of months.
What I'm doing is playing when I'm at my best and learning my mistakes that I've been making. Since I haven't played in a while, I'm making some rookie mistakes and I'm trying to get back into the groove.

On a side note, I was thinking of the Japanese Kirby Right Back At Ya theme song, and this song strangely came to mind:
I love music like this, BTW. :3

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
After having a Level 9 Kirby repeatedly interrupt Downward After Burner Kick with Upair (Hooow?) I'm wondering how is the Bayonetta Match up with Kirby now for the patch.

TimG57867

Smash Ace
Hey! To all anticipating Kirby Planet Robobot, you may recall me making a fun little speculation post about what figures would give you want powers. Well the new fan made amiibo compatibility version 9.0 just went up:

http://nintendoeverything.com/wp-content/uploads/amiibo-compat-chart-9-full.jpg

And it would appear my guesses were rather close! Here was my prediction:

Kirby Planet Robobot Topic Again!

So with ESP revealed and and Mirror confirmed to be returning, I want to post my predictions about which Smash Bros. characters will give you what powers. A '?' denotes one I think this is possible but I am not sure. An * denotes an ability not confirmed to be returning but would make sense with the character:

• Fire: :4mario::4luigi::4charizard::4bowser:(:4feroy:?)(:4falcon:?)
  • Rock : (:4charizard:?)
  • Spark: :4pikachu:(:4robinm:?)
  • Ice: :4lucas:
  • Beam: :4zss::4rob:(:4fox:?):4falco::4miigun::4samus:
  • Mirror: :4zelda:
  • Archer: :4pit::4darkpit:
  • Wheel: :4wario: (:4bowserjr:?) (:4sonic:?)
  • Bomb: :4duckhunt:(:4tlink:?) (:4bowserjr:?)
  • Doctor: :4drmario: (:4wiifit:?)
  • ESP: :4ness::4mewtwo: (:rosalina:?)
  • Ninja: :4greninja::4sheik:
  • Poison: (:4olimar:?)(:4ganondorf:?)
  • Leaf: :4villager: (:4alph:?)
  • Cutter: (:4megaman:?)
  • Sword: :4link::4marth::4lucina::4cloud::4myfriends::4shulk::4metaknight::4miisword:(:4feroy:?)
  • Sleep*: :4jigglypuff:
  • Jet : :4diddy:
  • Fighter: :4ryu::4littlemac::4miibrawl:(:4falcon:?)(:4dk:?) (:4lucario:?)
  • Mike : (:4dk:?)
  • Hammer: :4dedede:(:4gaw:?)
  • Parasol : :4peach:
  • Crash : :4bayonetta2:(? Couldn't think of a better spot) (:4lucario: ?)
  • Whip : (:4zss:?) (:4yoshi:?)
  • Circus : (:4gaw:?)(:4pacman:?)(:4wiifit:?)
  • UFO: Special :4kirby:
  • Smash Bros: :4kirby:
There are a few disrepencies like Falcon apparently being a Wheel Kirby giver (even though F-Zero machines don't have wheels), Jigglypuff providing Mike, Shulk giving ESP, Fox and Falco being the Jet providers (I know they have Arwings but Diddy has an actual jet pack. C'mon.) and Rosalina giving Ice (WTH. She doesn't have a single Ice move. What is it, the dress? What about Lucas!? PK Freeze? HELLO!?!?!), but overall my potential picks were pretty close. What do you guys think of the amiibo to ability selection assuming this chart is accurate?

TimG57867

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double post but I wanna ask:

WHO'S GETTING PLANET ROBOBOT TODAY!?!?!?!

Seriously, all these months of waiting with spoilers all about of been pure agony and trying the demo at Best Buy just made waiting even harder. There's really no other game I've been more hyped for this year and I am so getting it at launch time. Anyone else nabbing the game today?

DblCrest

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DblCrest
3DS FC
0018-2708-3882
I would like to but I have to save money...@__@ Plus I'd like to buy it with a Smash Bros Kirby amiibo so I can blitz through one of the extra modes ;.;

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
Sorry for the double post but I wanna ask:

WHO'S GETTING PLANET ROBOBOT TODAY!?!?!?!

Seriously, all these months of waiting with spoilers all about of been pure agony and trying the demo at Best Buy just made waiting even harder. There's really no other game I've been more hyped for this year and I am so getting it at launch time. Anyone else nabbing the game today?
I return as I was avoiding this place in case any Robobot spoilers.
I was very lucky in that my order from Nintendo UK arrived a day early. So I got it on the 9th.
It is a solid game. Easily a top 2 choice for game of 2016. For me at least. Completed main story and extra mode. Finished all Kirby Clash and 3D Rumble missions (although not with the best results).
Need all the stickers and code cubes, as well as the Arena and True Arena. But that True Arena seems like the biggest of nopes after the last 3 bosses.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Man, you guys are blazing through Robobot so fast, what's up with that? o.o
I only just now got towards the end of Area 3 yesterday before taking a break, and the game's looking pretty solid thus far! Lemme know you guys are fairing in the game! : D

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Wow, I last frequented this thread back on page 47. Didn't bother catching up save for this last page but I might frequent this quiet little social again. Got Robobot the day it came out and I've beaten everything save for Kirby Team Clash. My god, this game goes from like a 5 out of 10 throughout the whole game and then the ending comes up and it instantly becomes a 10 out of 10. So much fanservice and I love it <3. My favourite boss makes a return as does one of my favourite modes. Mirror comes back which I missed and am happy to see back. Jet comes back too but, eh. Never cared for it.

Also, as soon as this game was announced, I made it my goal to play as many Kirby games as I could that I had yet to play. I'd already played Crystal Shards, Squeak Squad, Air Ride, Superstar Ultra, Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, Amazing Mirror and Nightmare in Dreamland and from the announcement to the game coming out up to its release, I played Dreamland 1, 2 and 3, Adventure, Superstar, Epic Yarn, Block Ball, most of Star Stacker, Pinball and I bought Canvas Curse and Mass Attack. I'm really glad I did that since I got a new 2nd favourite (Dreamland 2) and found that not every Kirby game is perfect (Dreamland 3). I also got to enjoy a boss that appears in Robobot more because I played those older games. I also used Kirby and Meta Knight a lot more in my Smash sessions with my cousin and loved it.

Holy ****, the ending. You get to control the Halberd for crying out loud! And it plays like a Starfox boss! Galacta Knight comes back with a new kick*** theme and Dark Matter from DL2 is there. Queen Sectonia, the Grand Doomers and that metallic snake boss come back for anyone who liked Triple Deluxe. Kirby 3D Rumble was neat and I would love to see it flesh out into its own game. Like 3D World but for Kirby. Metaknightmare Ultra comes back and is amazing. Shuttle Loop is like Brawl levels of op. Oh and for anyone who has trouble with the Arena or True Arena, Archer is broken af for it. Can attack from afar to stay safe, can charge up for a powerful, piercing shot or take weaker, pot shots and you become invincible to most attacks just by holding down. Such a good powerup for that mode.

Robobot is either my third or fourth favourite entry in the series with Crystal Shards being first, Dreamland 2 being second and possibly Superstar Ultra being third. Amazing Mirror is right behind Robobot and SSU and with the way Fire Emblem, Starfox, Metroid, Fallout and Smash have gone, I can easily say that Kirby is my favourite series at the moment <3. Fire Emblem still holds my favourite game though.

TimG57867

Smash Ace
Wow, I last frequented this thread back on page 47. Didn't bother catching up save for this last page but I might frequent this quiet little social again. Got Robobot the day it came out and I've beaten everything save for Kirby Team Clash. My god, this game goes from like a 5 out of 10 throughout the whole game and then the ending comes up and it instantly becomes a 10 out of 10. So much fanservice and I love it <3. My favourite boss makes a return as does one of my favourite modes. Mirror comes back which I missed and am happy to see back. Jet comes back too but, eh. Never cared for it.

Also, as soon as this game was announced, I made it my goal to play as many Kirby games as I could that I had yet to play. I'd already played Crystal Shards, Squeak Squad, Air Ride, Superstar Ultra, Return to Dreamland, Triple Deluxe, Amazing Mirror and Nightmare in Dreamland and from the announcement to the game coming out up to its release, I played Dreamland 1, 2 and 3, Adventure, Superstar, Epic Yarn, Block Ball, most of Star Stacker, Pinball and I bought Canvas Curse and Mass Attack. I'm really glad I did that since I got a new 2nd favourite (Dreamland 2) and found that not every Kirby game is perfect (Dreamland 3). I also got to enjoy a boss that appears in Robobot more because I played those older games. I also used Kirby and Meta Knight a lot more in my Smash sessions with my cousin and loved it.

Holy ****, the ending. You get to control the Halberd for crying out loud! And it plays like a Starfox boss! Galacta Knight comes back with a new kick*** theme and Dark Matter from DL2 is there. Queen Sectonia, the Grand Doomers and that metallic snake boss come back for anyone who liked Triple Deluxe. Kirby 3D Rumble was neat and I would love to see it flesh out into its own game. Like 3D World but for Kirby. Metaknightmare Ultra comes back and is amazing. Shuttle Loop is like Brawl levels of op. Oh and for anyone who has trouble with the Arena or True Arena, Archer is broken af for it. Can attack from afar to stay safe, can charge up for a powerful, piercing shot or take weaker, pot shots and you become invincible to most attacks just by holding down. Such a good powerup for that mode.

Robobot is either my third or fourth favourite entry in the series with Crystal Shards being first, Dreamland 2 being second and possibly Superstar Ultra being third. Amazing Mirror is right behind Robobot and SSU and with the way Fire Emblem, Starfox, Metroid, Fallout and Smash have gone, I can easily say that Kirby is my favourite series at the moment <3. Fire Emblem still holds my favourite game though.
I just love how HAL Laboratory is able to do so many callbacks while still making the games feel like progression. And as for the callbacks, I loved how they payed more service to the more underappreciated parts of the series like the Dark Matter Triology and Kirby Air Ride. Makes me hopeful for a return of your cohorts from those games. (I switched the player feedback feature on and slapped the Adeliene and Pitch stickers on my Robobot Armor to let HAL know that I want those 2 back!)

As for Team Kirby Clash, if you haven't beaten it yet, either use Hammer Lord or the Beam Mage. The Beam Mage has the Time Beam that you can use to freeze the foe AND the timer while your CPUs/buddies are whaling on them while Hammer Lord's damage output is dumb. But whatever you do, don't use Doctor Healmore. That ability's damage output in that mode sucks and his healing skills are hard to use well. Leave him to a CPU. Overall, things especially get gud when you hit Lv. 10. The final boss didn't stand a chance...

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I just love how HAL Laboratory is able to do so many callbacks while still making the games feel like progression. And as for the callbacks, I loved how they payed more service to the more underappreciated parts of the series like the Dark Matter Triology and Kirby Air Ride. Makes me hopeful for a return of your cohorts from those games. (I switched the player feedback feature on and slapped the Adeliene and Pitch stickers on my Robobot Armor to let HAL know that I want those 2 back!)

As for Team Kirby Clash, if you haven't beaten it yet, either use Hammer Lord or the Beam Mage. The Beam Mage has the Time Beam that you can use to freeze the foe AND the timer while your CPUs/buddies are whaling on them while Hammer Lord's damage output is dumb. But whatever you do, don't use Doctor Healmore. That ability's damage output in that mode sucks and his healing skills are hard to use well. Leave him to a CPU. Overall, things especially get gud when you hit Lv. 10. The final boss didn't stand a chance...
Since you only need 1 copy of Robobot and my cousin played through Return to Dreamland with me when it first came out, I've been waiting for him to come over before completing Team Kirby Clash. Good info to know though. I don't recall everything that was talked about in regards to TKC but I recall getting a choice between a few abilities and...some sort of super attack. Gotta time a button press right, kinda like that sumo minigame from SS/SSU. Don't recall how you acquire the thing though. I'll be sure to figure it out once I play it and then Robobot will be done save for not having every sticker. I would have 100%'d Triple Deluxe too but I'm awful at rhythm games.

TimG57867

Smash Ace
IKR. Just haven't been able to spend as much time on Smash as I used to thanks to this summer job. Oh well.

Anyway I have a treat that I have been wanting to share for a while. Normally I would post this in the video thread but I since more people at this point would probably see it here...

In case you didn't know ZeRo and Anti had an Iron Man Challenge and you want to know who Zero's MVP was? Not Sheik, not Diddy, but Kirby! I kid you not he wrecked ELEVEN of Anti's characters with it. The Kirby Carnage starts at 1:12:38. I knew he dabbled in Kirby but I didn't it was that clean. The most interesting thing he did was that slow walk way Up Tilt camping. Maybe I should try that...

Shadow Keebey

Smash Hero
IKR. Just haven't been able to spend as much time on Smash as I used to thanks to this summer job. Oh well.

Anyway I have a treat that I have been wanting to share for a while. Normally I would post this in the video thread but I since more people at this point would probably see it here...

In case you didn't know ZeRo and Anti had an Iron Man Challenge and you want to know who Zero's MVP was? Not Sheik, not Diddy, but Kirby! I kid you not he wrecked ELEVEN of Anti's characters with it. The Kirby Carnage starts at 1:12:38. I knew he dabbled in Kirby but I didn't it was that clean. The most interesting thing he did was that slow walk way Up Tilt camping. Maybe I should try that...
I think my favourite part about that is that his Kirby rampage (insert Squeak Squad joke here) was equal to ZeRo's mains COMBINED, if I did the maths correctly.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
So... what do you guys think of Planet Robobot?

It's another great Kirby game, as expected, but I'm not sure where I'd put this on my Kirby games tier list. I like it more than Triple Deluxe, but I still find Return to Dreamland and The Crystal Shards to be more enjoyable. I need some time to think about this.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I have Robobot as either my 3rd or 4th favourite Kirby game, probably 4th. 1st goes to Crystal Shards, 2nd goes to Dreamland 2. 3rd is likely Superstar Ultra and then Robobot. Honestly, Robobot to me is like a 5/10 throughout the entire game save for the ending where it suddenly becomes a 10/10.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I have Robobot as either my 3rd or 4th favourite Kirby game, probably 4th. 1st goes to Crystal Shards, 2nd goes to Dreamland 2. 3rd is likely Superstar Ultra and then Robobot. Honestly, Robobot to me is like a 5/10 throughout the entire game save for the ending where it suddenly becomes a 10/10.
That's... a weird spike in appeal. I'm not trashing you or anything, but having the game be average at best and then suddenly amazing at the very end just seems odd to me.
Why is that you feel that way about Planet Robobot?

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
That's... a weird spike in appeal. I'm not trashing you or anything, but having the game be average at best and then suddenly amazing at the very end just seems odd to me.
Why is that you feel that way about Planet Robobot?
The game feels very Triple Deluxe-esque in gameplay with the robot armor thing just being this game's 'new thing' that Kirby games have felt the need to have since Return to Dreamland. The game didn't irritate me the way Dreamland 3 did but it also didn't wow or amaze me up until the end. The music was nothing special either.

Come the endgame, you take control of the ****ing Halberd itself and the final boss of the main story plays out like a Starfox boss which appeals to my love of that series. After that, you get access to controlling Meta Knight again much like in Superstar Ultra and you get to fight my favourite boss in the series, Galacta Knight, with a new kick*** theme. You also get to fight the final boss from Dreamland 2 which wouldn't have mattered to me had I not played every mainstream Kirby game I had yet to play from the time Robobot was announced all the way up to its release. Plus, as I mentioned in my previous post, Dreamland 2 is my second favourite entry in the series hence why that particular rematch matters more to me than the ones with Queen Sectonia and the numerous ones the Holo Defense API recreates.

Basically, the game goes from average to 'here's a bunch of throwbacks and fanservice to make the ending amazing.'

Jepps

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shinobi76
3DS FC
0361-6802-4240
Quick question.....HOW THE HELL DO I DEAL WITH SONIC!!?!?!??!?!!??! like omfg i'm too slow to punish and apparently too weak to kill him early so wtf do i do .

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103

Jepps

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shinobi76
3DS FC
0361-6802-4240

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Hey guys. I wanted to bring this up for a while now, but I haven't had the time to actually say anything about it. Now that I have some time, I feel that this should be said: Can we please stop being so melancholy about everything? I can't help but notice that there's a lot of inactivity and pessimism going around in this thread, and it's a reason why I don't come to the Kirby boards as often as I would like to. I'm not sure why there's so much of this negative stigma going around, but if we want to evolve as players and evolve Kirby's meta, we can't be acting this way. We need to stop being so down and out and be optimistic. Now, I know Kirby's not top or even high tier material, but he isn't as horrible as he was back in the Melee days. Kirby is debatably the most buffed character in Smash 4. Remember when he wasn't good in the very early meta? Well, now he has a solid combo throw, his frame data has been slightly improved, and he even has a great kill throw now, especially when it comes to platform stages. We even benefit from the shield changes.

We need to be willing to learn by not being so negative. It sucks losing, yes, but it sucks even more wallowing in despair. Come on, guys. Let's improve Kirby's meta and our rhetoric.

Noey

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I wanted to bring this up for a while now, but I haven't had the time to actually say anything about it. Now that I have some time, I feel that this should be said: Can we please stop being so melancholy about everything? I can't help but notice that there's a lot of inactivity and pessimism going around in this thread, and it's a reason why I don't come to the Kirby boards as often as I would like to. I'm not sure why there's so much of this negative stigma going around, but if we want to evolve as players and evolve Kirby's meta, we can't be acting this way. We need to stop being so down and out and be optimistic. Now, I know Kirby's not top or even high tier material, but he isn't as horrible as he was back in the Melee days. Kirby is debatably the most buffed character in Smash 4. Remember when he wasn't good in the very early meta? Well, now he has a solid combo throw, his frame data has been slightly improved, and he even has a great kill throw now, especially when it comes to platform stages. We even benefit from the shield changes.

We need to be willing to learn by not being so negative. It sucks losing, yes, but it sucks even more wallowing in despair. Come on, guys. Let's improve Kirby's meta and our rhetoric.
Heh. Kinda agree with you. Instead of complaining and wallowing...be grateful for what we have! A relatively solid character that still has a long way to go. need to therorize HOW we can make him better....try to work around those flaws and have fun with the character! : >
Also....the ever so helpful Kirby Discord has some super nice resources relating to all the Kirby tech we could ever need.

Last edited:
Top Bottom