• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Kirby & The Amazing Cats

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
The CPUs in the Wii U version of the game could always do that since the beginning.

JS2D

Smash Cadet
has anybody noticed that the cpus are starting to copy you? i was fighting level 9 kirby to see what i could learn and after he killed me...he started teabagging i got disrespected by a cpu....
Now I've played a lot of games, but at no point, in any game ever, was I teabagged by a CPU.
Oh god I'm dying here XD

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It happened in Brawl too. I uploaded a video of a level 9 Samus crouching like 13 times after I lost a stock. But then I deleted my account by accident last year oops

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Bots can do some unexpected stuff in smash 4 more frequently than brawl does, so it amuses players and piss them off at the same time.

Jepps

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shinobi76
3DS FC
0361-6802-4240
if you were to change you up b to the ground cutter thingy, couldn't you like avoid and destroy the e. balloons from a safe distance?

kirbyfan66

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kirbyfan66
if you were to change you up b to the ground cutter thingy, couldn't you like avoid and destroy the e. balloons from a safe distance?
I'm assuming you're talking about Wave Cutter, and yes, that is an option. However, Villager bounces very high when the balloons explode, and if you're in a position to hit the balloons with Wave Cutter, Villager can easily grab the ledge. Wave Cutter has much better applications than popping balloons.

Plus, I know I've said this before, in the Villager matchup Wave Cutter is bad because Villager can Pocket the wave. It KOs Kirby at around 70% or 80% depending on the stage. Go Upper Cutter for that matchup, especially since it gives you Meteor Stone/Giant Hammer, depending on the set.

We should totally have a 3222 though, Grounding Stone after footstool is super good. I still think 3221 should be its own thing because normal Stone still has its applications, but that's just me~

Jepps

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shinobi76
3DS FC
0361-6802-4240
he can pocket it!? that's not good news.....BUT when villager does that little grab the ledge jump and slingshot thing couldn't wave cutter punish? i mean i'm pretty sure it has more priority

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Wave Cutter doesn't have any priority at all. Neither does Final Cutter except for at the blade part.

kirbyfan66

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kirbyfan66
Actually Villager is pretty predictable (well, okay, not predictable, but easier to read than several other characters) on the ledge, and if it wasn't for Pocket I would recommend Wave Cutter in a heartbeat because it would at least trade with all of Villager's options. Pocket just kills its usefulness in that matchup.

Last edited:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
So Kirbys giant hammer has super arm our? Meaning few attacks would hit him out of it, but he can be grabbed, so it's best used on slow characters and because of the trip sapling, it wouldn't be as useful on villager?

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Actually Villager is pretty predictable (well, okay, not predictable, but easier to read than several other characters) on the ledge, and if it wasn't for Pocket I would recommend Wave Cutter in a heartbeat because it would at least trade with all of Villager's options. Pocket just kills its usefulness in that matchup.
Hmm... yeah you are correct there. 10-15% damage is better trade than what 7% I believe. How far can Villager throw Wave Cutter? Does he get the whole wave or just a partial? I know Final Cutter only goes half as far IIRC.

So Kirbys giant hammer has super arm our? Meaning few attacks would hit him out of it, but he can be grabbed, so it's best used on slow characters and because of the trip sapling, it wouldn't be as useful on villager?
Yeah, it has super armor and only unblockables, grabs, and command grabs can knock him out of it. Nope, you can super armor through trip sapling, lloid, Extreme Balloon Trip, Freeze effect, Buried effect, Fire Effect, Piercing Effect and etc. Sadly, it does lose to Wind Boxes for some strange reason.

Last edited:

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Hmm... yeah you are correct there. 10-15% damage is better trade than what 7% I believe. How far can Villager throw Wave Cutter? Does he get the whole wave or just a partial? I know Final Cutter only goes half as far IIRC.

Yeah, it has super armor and only unblockables, grabs, and command grabs can knock hit out of it. Nope, you can super armor through trip sapling, lloid, Extreme Balloon Trip, Freeze effect, Buried effect, Fire Effect, Piercing Effect and etc. Sadly, it does lose to Wind Boxes for some strange reason.
And it can hit people on ledges too and because villagers, really bad grab and throws, you wouldn't suffer too much, and he(I'm quite sure) doesn't have any wind boxes on his attacks. So yea, that's actually really cool to know.
But quickly about meteor stone, so it's not that the moves end lag is increased(from what I am remembering) but it takes much longer to even transform out of it(and does it fall faster) so unless you use it from very high.....it's almost death from using it offstage?

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
And it can hit people on ledges too and because villagers, really bad grab and throws, you wouldn't suffer too much, and he(I'm quite sure) doesn't have any wind boxes on his attacks. So yea, that's actually really cool to know.
But quickly about meteor stone, so it's not that the moves end lag is increased(from what I am remembering) but it takes much longer to even transform out of it(and does it fall faster) so unless you use it from very high.....it's almost death from using it offstage?
The ending lag and transforming back are one of the same thing. Anyways.... pretty much. If you hit something, you can instantly transform out. If you are not comfortable with using Meteor Stone, I advise you to use Stone instead and rack up the damage.

Jepps

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shinobi76
3DS FC
0361-6802-4240
Wave Cutter doesn't have any priority at all. Neither does Final Cutter except for at the blade part.
i meant trade wise

Mike what's your opinion on ken 109?

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeKirby

OTL Winrar
@ EMPEROR Eevee EMPEROR Eevee
♪ ヾ(*⌒∇⌒)八(⌒∇⌒*)ツ

---------------

Also, I've just rewatched my set vs C.Awesum and I'm scolding myself for some of the dumb things I did and opportunities I missed. I played bad, aargh! I'm gonna keep re-watching it as motivation. Anyway, I've been doing a lot of homework and brainstorming for that matchup and I hope you guy like what I hope to showcase, grr!

-----------

Ken109? He's my son. Haha! For a guy that only owns the 3DS version he's pretty solid. I've seen him put some work. I try to teach him some Kirby stuff every now and then. He seems to love to attend tournaments and monster streams. He's cool. :laugh:

Last edited:

Jepps

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shinobi76
3DS FC
0361-6802-4240
i
@ EMPEROR Eevee EMPEROR Eevee
♪ ヾ(*⌒∇⌒)八(⌒∇⌒*)ツ

---------------

Also, I've just rewatched my set vs C.Awesum and I'm scolding myself for some of the dumb things I did and opportunities I missed. I played bad, aargh! I'm gonna keep re-watching it as motivation. Anyway, I've been doing a lot of homework and brainstorming for that matchup and I hope you guy like what I hope to showcase, grr!

-----------

Ken109? He's my son. Haha! For a guy that only owns the 3DS version he's pretty solid. I've seen him put some work. I try to teach him some Kirby stuff every now and then. He seems to love to attend tournaments and monster streams. He's cool. :laugh:
just finished watching that for help with projectile users AND THAT LAST 3 SECONDS F TILT MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD xD cpt awesum's face!!( he had the nerve to say he bodied you.....)

Last edited:

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
We
i

just finished watching that for help with projectile users AND THAT LAST 3 SECONDS F TILT MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD xD cpt awesum's face!!( he had the nerve to say he bodied you.....)
Well to be fair he did give MikeKirby his respect at least admitting he put up a good fight. On a side note I'm entering my first actual tourney ever on saturday, Wish me luck! Gonna be grindin that tech skill like a madman this week lol.

Jepps

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shinobi76
3DS FC
0361-6802-4240
We
Well to be fair he did give MikeKirby his respect at least admitting he put up a good fight. On a side note I'm entering my first actual tourney ever on saturday, Wish me luck! Gonna be grindin that tech skill like a madman this week lol.
best of luck! is it gonna be live streamed?

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
Not entirely sure since it's online but if not you could send me a friend request and I could send my replays to you. So glad nintendo added that feature btw.

Altair357

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Altair357
3DS FC
5284-1411-2846
The ending lag and transforming back are one of the same thing. Anyways.... pretty much. If you hit something, you can instantly transform out. If you are not comfortable with using Meteor Stone, I advise you to use Stone instead and rack up the damage.
I think he was referring to the amount of time you must wait before you can cancel the stone form, versus the amount of time that the transformation out of stone form takes to complete. Both of them are increased with Meteor Stone.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
I think he was referring to the amount of time you must wait before you can cancel the stone form, versus the amount of time that the transformation out of stone form takes to complete. Both of them are increased with Meteor Stone.
Hmm... oh I see. Thank you for the correction.

EDIT: Wouldn't that mean you are more invulnerable during the transformation out of stone?

Last edited:

RedNova

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
NNID
Sam-Harness
3DS FC
0516-8001-1795
Hmm... oh I see. Thank you for the correction.

EDIT: Wouldn't that mean you are more invulnerable during the transformation out of stone?
No, you take damage as soon as the rock is gone. Both stones deactivate at the same time, but Meteor Stone takes longer to de-activate.

kirbyfan66

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kirbyfan66
The wave goes full distance. It's bad.

Luckily this makes Kirby/Villager an even bigger threat in teams.

Last edited:

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
The wave goes full distance. It's bad.

Luckily this makes Kirby/Villager an even bigger threat in teams.
HIKES!!!! I see what you mean now. Maybe we can trick him to never pocket Wave Cutter. Here me out...
We steal Villager's Pocket Power. Use pocket to catch and throw Lliod Rocket. Punish him for Pocketing Lliod Rocket with Wave Cutter?

Meh... it will not work. Too much chaos! It will be funny tho.

@ MikeKirby MikeKirby Do you mind sharing what you did wrong and what you could have done better? I am just curious about that.

Animekey

Smash Cadet
NNID
Animekey
3DS FC
2277-7760-6665
We could punish Villager with a pocketed Lyoid. If it hasn't already been said. A Lyoid heading straight at the Villager, and he pockets. Could you D-Air or F-Air into him, or rather maybe use the Wave Cutter. Hmm?
Now if there was a situation in when Villager pocketed something else, maybe the wave of Wave Cutter or some sort. We could go in for a grab or a D-Air set up.

Off on another note, Donkey Kong's Neutral B absorbed is a very nice move to up the match-up. I could Jab->Jab->into a fully charged punch. (Not sure if it's a True Combo). Or I could do a D-Tilt (trip)->Punch. Also if he's trip too far away, read his rolls and punch.

kirbyfan66

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kirbyfan66
HIKES!!!! I see what you mean now. Maybe we can trick him to never pocket Wave Cutter. Here me out...
We steal Villager's Pocket Power. Use pocket to catch and throw Lliod Rocket. Punish him for Pocketing Lliod Rocket with Wave Cutter?

Meh... it will not work. Too much chaos! It will be funny tho.
Not a bad idea, but just using Upper Cutter is easier. And when, of all people, I say that, you know Wave Cutter doesn't work!

SapphSabre777

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4742-5094-9684
Well, my Wii U and Game Pad have been shipped to the NOA for repairs...the touch screen was not working for some god-forsaken reason, but it will be fixed (at the low, low cost of around $115).

In the mean time, I'm just looking for things to research. I'm currently researching the projectiles Kirby's F-Smash can plough through, clash, and the ones that should be avoided. If that is something you guys want to hear and see, let me know. I may even do Cu-...oh right, I can't since my WII U!

|RK|

Smash Marketer
You know what? I really don't think that Final Cutter is that bad. It's kind of difficult to figure out the range for the spike when you're onstage, though. I occasionally hit with that and it's like "what?"

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
You know what? I really don't think that Final Cutter is that bad. It's kind of difficult to figure out the range for the spike when you're onstage, though. I occasionally hit with that and it's like "what?"
Plus against opponents who like to use SH ariels, if spaced right it is definatly effective.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I did a D-throw on Jigglypuff and she ended up getting Star KO'd around the 130% range. I didn't really expect D-throw to KO, but this might be a beneficial side-effect to the damage buff received in the 1.0.6 patch.

I saved a replay and uploaded it for anyone who wants to see. ID#F46B5A3615174534
Actually, I'm not sure you can search via ID, so just do a normal search for Kirby/United States/For Glory 1-vs-1 and it should be easy to find by my name: t1mmy (Kirby) vs Mig (Puff).

I also uploaded several other videos since the Replay videos were in dire need of some decent game-play. :)

kirbyfan66

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kirbyfan66
Replay sharing is a great feature, although I don't get too many good replays outside of For Glory so I rarely upload.

DI'ing makes KO'ing with Down Throw really difficult, but the upside is that almost nobody on For Glory really knows how to do that properly. It's honestly easier to KO with it than Up Throw, although obviously once you learn how to properly DI it then it becomes much harder to KO with. Hilarious stuff nonetheless.

Dee-SmashinBoss

Smash Ace
Is that actually true? In most cases I thought his Bthrow would mainly be his best KO throw.

Lol plus jiggly is so light even our Uair is a KO move xD

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Timmy was at 132% when he used d-throw.

125% Rage + Lightweight + D-Throw Buff.

It would kill, but not cause any critical effects.

Poupoko

Smash Cadet
D-throw still KOs ~25-30% later without DI. Even if someone DI'ed the wrong way after a D-throw, it might end KOing later than U-throw anyway.

By the way, are most of the Kirby replays any good? I think I once saw one of @ t!MmY t!MmY 's replays from FG. KO'ed a Ness with PK Flash...

Last edited:

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
D-throw still KOs ~25-30% later without DI. If someone DI'ed the wrong way after a D-throw, it might end KOing later anyway.

By the way, are most of the Kirby replays any good? I think I once saw one of @ t!MmY t!MmY 's replays from FG. KO'ed a Ness with PK Flash...
Hold on a minute, You're telling me that d-throw actually kills later without DI?

Poupoko

Smash Cadet
Hold on a minute, You're telling me that d-throw actually kills later without DI?
You can DI "the wrong way," shortening your path to the blast zone. In this case, D-throw sends them up at a slight angle from the front of Kirby. If you're facing to the right, d-throw them, and they DI left: the knockback they take is the same but the path to the blast zone is shorter. You have to DI away from Kirby to live longer (in this instance).

Top Bottom