• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Kirby & The Amazing Cats

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Here is where everything not pertaining to Kirby in Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS should go.

Last edited:

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Heya fellow kirbies! What color kirby do y'all plan to play? I'm so pumped to play as orange kirby OHEMGEE! Reminds me of waddle dee.

murdokdracul

"What do you mean you support Yoshimitsu?!"
NNID
murdokdracul
3DS FC
2836-0188-2561
Switch FC
SW-5151-9208-7814
I'm usually just ordinary Pink Kirby... Sometimes I choose White Kirby, but only sometimes. I've a feeling I might fall in love with the MK alt though.

...*sniff* I wish Kirby was in the demo...

Mataata

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mataata
3DS FC
2964-8599-6875
I still wish purple Kirby was a costume, but I think I'll go with orange. It'll look really cute when he copies Fox!

Has anyone played Triple Deluxe? I haven't been able to afford it since it came out, and it's killing me! I also really want Kirby Fighters Deluxe..

Last edited:

2Mixer

Smash Apprentice
Sup Kirbys, coming from Germany here
will play in pink cuz pink rocks :D

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I still wish purple Kirby was a costume, but I think I'll go with orange. It'll look really cute when he copies Fox!

Has anyone played Triple Deluxe? I haven't been able to afford it since it came out, and it's killing me! I also really want Kirby Fighters Deluxe..
Purple/grape Kirby has literally been the only Kirby color I've wanted forever -_-

I played Triple Deluxe, just 100%ed it yesterday. Actually 98%, because I don't feel like getting all the keychains. It's fun, and I'm someone who honestly finds Kirby games kind of boring, but this one's good.
My favorite Kirby game was 64, just because the ability to combine powers to make different ones was the coolest thing ever.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
I'll always prefer the Fire Dash but I hear it was way worse in america. The ability to trade hits with a swordsman and plough through arrows was a big plus and Brawl's just feels too commitment heavy.

I'll be playing Keeby as always, though I do quite like orange and MK Kirby is pretty cool.

Luigi580

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably be sticking to the original (but switch to MK Kirby now and then),
The fire attack wasn't exactly great... this may just be because Kirby in general for Melee wasn't great at all.
I have come to appreciate and grow on the yo-yo spin a lot more, especially since I love that ability in KSS XD

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Kirby color? Ghost and Orange.

I'm looking forward to trying out Kirby.. my first Smash Main.

MrDrJacob

Smash Rookie
NNID
MisterJacob
I'll probably end up going default pink as far as skins go. I'd be going green if he didn't have those ugly orange feet. :I

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
hello friends

i think kirby will be my ACE IN THE HOLE in this game when my puff aint gettin the job done

again

(well that doesnt include melee of course)

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Gonzo combo is no more in this game. We'll have to find some new strings/combos now.

Actually, there may not actually be any sort of combos we can know about, but I'm still looking. Also, welcome to the team, jiggs. I'll hold your flower anytime. Also, I really.

Really.

Really.

Really want hbox going full kirby too. I'd cry for a bit.

Last edited:

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
did u just call me jiggs

im honored and a little bit aroused

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
Ah, nice. I like the variety. :3 We made a smash 4 kirby skype group btw. We had a brawl one too but it was dead so we remade it for smash 4, so if anybody wants to talk about how kirby is then let me know and add me on skype~ My skype is Wasoodle.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Yo I think kirby might be a greninja counter

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I was playing against a Greninja myself - he side-B'd into my fully-charged hammer.

Felt good.
Went to a tourney today, everyone was having trouble vs the greninja players. I didn't drop a single game vs greninja, and it was a 14-man round robin. I'll have to investigate the MU more

MrDrJacob

Smash Rookie
NNID
MisterJacob
Having trouble with Duck Hunt Dog? Try fighting cans with cans. It's probably one of the best copy abilities.

Agent Emerald

Smash Journeyman
Something I noticed when watching a vid on Kirby's moves is that all his aerials have next to no ending lag and that hup cancelling is untouched. All aboard the S.S. safe aerials.

MrDrJacob

Smash Rookie
NNID
MisterJacob
Can anyone confirm how good shorthop dair into up tilt is? I've been getting it semi-consistently, but I dont know if my opponents aren't just vectoring out of it or if this is a legit combo.

kirby_queen

Smash Lord
I play the original and superior Pink Kirby. B) Also, I'm so jealous! I want this game but can't afford at all. ;_; How are people finding SSB4 Kirby?

Kirby still has it's Brawl dash attack.... why sakurai. WHY
I like this dash attack. Why do people dislike it? I always find that people, even when shielding, get kicked by the end of the spin. It's faster than the fire ball too from what I remember...

Last edited:

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Actually, I had a change of thought. I think it is actually possible to do a fthrow to uair, but it's really difficult to perform with only one circle pad as it requires fast falling. Still I'm making some good leads in multiplayer.

pidgezero_one

NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Kirby's dash attack is better in this game than it was in brawl

PF9

Smash Lord
So, I like to theme songs for all Smashers, and usually, they are by hard rock/metal artists. So, the best fit for Kirby IMO is "Pink" by Aerosmith, a band ironically signed to a division of Nintendo competitor Sony. It's actually one of their newer cuts (from 1997), but it fits the character so well, since Kirby is pink.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
I just found something out about Kirby. You know how in Melee you could SD Cancel? Yeah well that's back.... it's just reversed. Instead of Kirby being able to escape a swallowcide, the enemy can. If I had a way to record this, I would. This is horrible news...

GrnFzzTgr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GrnFzzTgr
3DS FC
4425-1713-9059
And this is why I try not to resort to swallowcide. I noticed it seemed more punishable.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Ok, if you werent sure that Shulk's Copy was the best one, I went through a lot of testing and experimenting with that ability and I can assure you its either the best or one of the best. (I havent tested all of them as much)
-Jumps for obvious reasons, Uthrow jump Uair at high %s could be a good option.
-Speed cuz Kirby is slow
-Sheild cuz Kirby can die easy
-Damage cuz utilt combos
-Knockback for killing, beware tho can die at like 50 lol

I need to do more testing tho, I already have an idea on which are the good ones but idk yet.

Last edited:
Top Bottom