• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Taunt Cancel

TensenROB

Smash Apprentice
I was playing around with nonsense techniques and found that if you taunt cancel with Kirby's d-taunt he does lose his power. As far as singles go this is probably useless but maybe it has some doubles application. If this doesn't warrant a thread or is in the wrong place please direct me to the nearest exit.

SSS

Smash Ace
I was playing around with nonsense techniques and found that if you taunt cancel with Kirby's d-taunt he does lose his power. As far as singles go this is probably useless but maybe it has some doubles application. If this doesn't warrant a thread or is in the wrong place please direct me to the nearest exit.
This can still be helpful in singles. I use it quite a bit. If you're fighting Ivysaur, and you suck her up, you get one fully charged solar beam. When you use it, it's gone, and the power is useless, so you need to get rid of the power so you get suck back. This helps. Really there are times when I just want to ditch a power because I think suck will work better in a given situation or I decide for that matchup it's better. Sometimes I take a power after suck just for the angle it sends the off at.

Also, if you lightly tap downtaunt, Kirby does the "Hi" from Melee instead of Brawl, for ultimate skill showing.

So imagine this. You suck up a Samus. You take the chargeshot. You charge it up, shoot her off the stage, run off, taunt cancel off the ledge (using the unique lightpress Hi for extra style points) to ditch the power, and use Inhale for the Kirbycide.

MAXIMUM HYPE

TensenROB

Smash Apprentice
This can still be helpful in singles. I use it quite a bit. If you're fighting Ivysaur, and you suck her up, you get one fully charged solar beam. When you use it, it's gone, and the power is useless, so you need to get rid of the power so you get suck back. This helps. Really there are times when I just want to ditch a power because I think suck will work better in a given situation or I decide for that matchup it's better. Sometimes I take a power after suck just for the angle it sends the off at.

Also, if you lightly tap downtaunt, Kirby does the "Hi" from Melee instead of Brawl, for ultimate skill showing.

So imagine this. You suck up a Samus. You take the chargeshot. You charge it up, shoot her off the stage, run off, taunt cancel off the ledge (using the unique lightpress Hi for extra style points) to ditch the power, and use Inhale for the Kirbycide.

MAXIMUM HYPE
Are there other powers you can use up like Ivysaur's? I never knew that. When I taunt cancel I don't hear Kirby say anything, is it only the tap taunt that'll work?edit:Just tested it, you're right!
I have my R changed to Down Taunt because I never use R and Kirby's footstool IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOD
I have footstool bound to X and never considered Kirby's footstool, thanks!

KarmaJolt

Smash Cadet
This can still be helpful in singles. I use it quite a bit. If you're fighting Ivysaur, and you suck her up, you get one fully charged solar beam.

MAXIMUM HYPE
It's also awesome for Kirby/Ivysaur team. So glad tensenROB mentioned the taunt cancel, because it has been very helpful to me.

I guess I should also mention that it's awesome to do for no reason because why not and I'm the best.

Last edited:
Top Bottom