• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby stage discussion

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Just wanted to kick off a new thread so we have something to talk about. I don't really have any input at the moment but let's see what you guys think :kirby:

Good stages for combos? Counterpicks against certain characters? Stages to avoid?

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
I have no idea, as I haven't thought about it much and it's too late to do so now, but please let's get this topic going,

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
I'm pretty torn on Kirby's stage picks. On one hand, his great gimping power and light weight mean that he should prefer stages with far-off blast zones; but Kirby has very little kill power himself and can't gimp everyone. Very loosely speaking, I think you should maybe be preferring small stages with far off blast zones, unless it's someone you can't gimp or edgeguard: in which something more like Warioware or Yoshi's Story is in order.

Not sure at this point whether Kirby wants platforms or not. I'm inclined to think not.

Rizner

Smash Ace
I really like things such as pokemon 2, but I don't think I'd want it with Kirby vs most of the cast. Also I don't like warioware personally, so probably wouldn't choose there. Like Odds was saying, stages with far blast zones are nice, but you also want to be able to kill up top when going against some characters so idk if I'd pick green greens unless going against a fox or pikachu or the like.

Dracs is kinda large so it could work depending on the matchup. Fountain seems pretty nice, both yoshi's stages could be cool, I think his upsmash reaches the platforms on lylat so it could work out, battlefield is always nice for him... stuff like that.

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
low ceilings are always good friends, allows for low% uair stocks

DL64 is an obvious, stupid recovery all day whoop whoop

mostly I think they're alright on most stages. I'd opt more for making sure whatever stage I got disadvantaged others more than it did me

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
Speaking of low ceilings, there should be a thread for measurements of blast zones.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Anyone ever feel like you're trying to come in with an aerial and you accidentally land on a platform because Kirby's jump is pretty high? I wonder if he would be better without those.

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
We need frame data for Kirby's jumpsquat because he seems harder than most other characters to shorthop with.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Yeah, it would be nice. Good looking rising aerials seem to be about as difficult for Kirby as for Sheik.
Anybody succeed in pulling off a DACUS yet?

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
a DACUS isn't possible, period

not like "it's there but it's not useful" I mean it isn't there, period

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
This could just be personal preference, but I'm liking stages where I can use a running nair or bair and not accidentally land on anything. So things like FD, Smashville, Rumble Falls, probably Dream Land, Dracula's Castle most of the time, and maybe even Skyworld. Probably the others moreso than FD because you still have a situational platform if you want it. But like some people said, Kirby probably doesn't mind most stages too much. He definitely has the kill moves to abuse smaller stages like Yoshi's Story if you get counterpicked there.

This is mostly theory since I've just been playing CPUs so far, but I'll be able to test stages against people at a tournament this Saturday.

I still don't like stages with low platforms though (Lylat and Norfair).

Top Bottom