• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Skype Group

Should we start a Kirby Skype group?

• Total voters

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
Alright guys this is something i've had on my mind for awhile but i was thinking that we should start a kirby skype group since alot of other character boards have one so i was thinking we should do it too. Not only would it be easier to communicate to each other this way but it we can also get friendlies in faster this way, and discussions would also be way easier to do. What do you guys think?

Last edited:

pnoid

Smash Cadet
Personally, I want some place less formal than the forums to either talk about kirby or share videos that might not be worth posting in the video thread.

But a skype group seems like too much.

Why not an IRC channel instead?

RedNova

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
NNID
Sam-Harness
3DS FC
0516-8001-1795
Yeah, I don't use skype that much, but a less formal group where we can talk sounds great

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I don't agree with a Skype group or IRC channel. Having Skype groups for character boards ruins the discussion of it, something that the Kirby boards vitally needs. Even then, say every member who regularly browses the Kirby boards joins the Skype group. Now, all the information that's found is disclosed in this little chat. Nobody who sifts by, browsing about Kirby, can find anything. Skype groups generally ruin character boards, so I'll be putting my vote in as no.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
I think we should. Skype groups mean we can have bigger discussions with more members, plus we could do Kirby tournaments to see who is the best Kirby (I would actually love this). Besides that, if we find anything super important we could just have someone post it, and bigger discussions could be on the forums.

kirbyfan66

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kirbyfan66
I say no to the Skype group, mostly for the reasons Reserved said. My friend is a part of the P:M Wolf boards and they are completely, 100% dead aside from the Skype chat. I like having the forum, you know? For archive purposes, primarily.

Also, doing Kirby tournaments would require us to play online, and playing online is a horrible way to see who is better than the other. Plus, I mean, we can do that without Skype anyway.

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
I personally feel like making a Skype group would be beneficial and would stimulate more discussion. I doubt NOT having the Skype group would change much on the Kirby boards and make it more active, so I don't think it would hurt to try. I actually suggested creating a Skype group in the Kirby social thread, but then never actually created one, since no one said anything so I guess people weren't interested in it.

Last edited:

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
I don't agree with a Skype group or IRC channel. Having Skype groups for character boards ruins the discussion of it, something that the Kirby boards vitally needs. Even then, say every member who regularly browses the Kirby boards joins the Skype group. Now, all the information that's found is disclosed in this little chat. Nobody who sifts by, browsing about Kirby, can find anything. Skype groups generally ruin character boards, so I'll be putting my vote in as no.
Honestly i don't really think having a skype group would make the kirby boards any less active since we can schedule days for discussions. It's not like someone can't record the conversation and give people the links either.

RedNova

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
NNID
Sam-Harness
3DS FC
0516-8001-1795
It's a good point, actually. I agreed to the group because the community forum didn't seem very active this week, but the forums is still a good place to discuss. The chat would be chaotic sometimes

kirbyfan66

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kirbyfan66
It's a good point, actually. I agreed to the group because the community forum didn't seem very active this week, but the forums is still a good place to discuss. The chat would be chaotic sometimes
The Kirby boards have their off days. If I had to guess, I'd say out of an entire week, the boards are active enough for four or five of them, which is more than enough for now. I'll take a day or two of silence over the possibility of losing vital information of a character who needs it as bad as Kirby.

Skype is cool and all, but I think we should wait. Not saying we should never do it, but we should wait.

Dessa

Smash Journeyman
God, I'm a Skype addict, and I know I'd pay less attention to the board if the Skype was active. I voted yes above, but I change my mind to no. The board needs this activity. Kirby is one of the better boards here.

Project SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SonicSpeed432
3DS FC
0000-0000-0000
Everyone is bringing up very good points and i'm liking the discussion after reading alot of people's thoughts on it. Overall from the votes some far it looks like the kirby skype group might actually become a thing. Man this thread has had more publicity thsn i thought it would've. P.S: if you see my vote says no then it's because i was being too fast and hit no by mistake, wouldn't have made a thread trying to persuade people if i was going to ultimately disagree with myself.

Last edited:

RedNova

Smash Apprentice
Writing Team
NNID
Sam-Harness
3DS FC
0516-8001-1795
I said yes at first, but after a little bit of thinking, I agree with @ kirbyfan66 kirbyfan66 that we should wait a bit. The forum needs more activity

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Voting yes. Just make it a more social Skype chat LOL. So you can like talk about tournament experience, life, other random sstuff, etc...

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Voting yes. Just make it a more social Skype chat LOL. So you can like talk about tournament experience, life, other random sstuff, etc...
I will vote yes for this reason alone. No one almost ever has a super serious character discussion in other character's skype chats as far as I know, they just kinda socialize and make better bonds with each other with the not as formal character discussion here and there to spice things up! It's fun and I doubt it will keep any of the in depth discussion the board is known for from happening.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
So, did the Skype group ever happen? If it has, here's my ID:

KenMeisterLP or thekenster64

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
There actually is a Kirby Skype group. It was a small time underground thing that has since grown over the past year.

If you want to join it let me know via private message or something. I'll add you via Skype but I'll remove you from my friend's list thereafter unless I know you very well. No hard feelings, though! I just want to keep my friend's list as personal as I can~~~

However any important information shared there will and should also be posted around the boards to be archived, as they have been so far.
Yeah, I'm still up for it, I actually tried to send you a PM but it wouldn't let me for some reason.

Tomas Fer

Smash Rookie
Hey. Bumping this, we really should create it now that we are more Kirby players now.
Post your Skype, I can create it, or @ WootSnorlax WootSnorlax that is pretty active here.

TimG57867

Smash Ace
Hmm. I should get a Skype account. I am gonna look into it and if I think it's fine, I'll put my username here when I sign up.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Hmm. I should get a Skype account. I am gonna look into it and if I think it's fine, I'll put my username here when I sign up.
Sure, I'll be sure to add you when you do ;)

Top Bottom