• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby side throw Pictochat glitch

gcubedude

Smash Apprentice
I'm playing on the hackless Wifi build using Kirby against seemingly anyone (I've tested this against different size cast members, but not exactly everyone) on Pictochat. I did this in Versus against a computer, then went to Training mode and was able to replicate it multiple times.

On Pictochat, get Kirby as close to the edge of the Now Entering platform while facing toward the middle of the stage (easiest with a side roll). Grab a character (shield grab or regular grab), then back-throw off the ledge.

If done correctly, I've gotten Kirby to jump off the ledge with his opponent. The glitchy part is that somewhere off screen, he seems to hit some surface, deal the regular damage for a back-throw, and jump out of it with his opponent taking knockback. I've let Kirby fall after this to see if there is some invisible platform, but he simply falls for about a second before dying.

I've also been able to replicate this with his forward throw in the same locations, although it's a little more difficult. The easiest way seems to be launching the opponent off-stage, then doing a dash grab as they get in range to ensure that you're as close to the edge as possible; otherwise, he just does a regular forward-throw while remaining on-stage.

Why I think it's a glitch: I've tried to replicate this on some other stages, including Yoshi's Island. Hyrule Castle, and Lylat Cruise since they have slanted edges similar to Pictochat. I couldn't even get Kirby to jump off the edge with his opponent, much less hit some invisible platform. I'm sure the invislbe platform thing is a bug, but I can't tell if Kirby jumping off is a glitch or if I'm just bad and can't get him to do it on other courses.

Ginge

Smash Ace
Replicated on both sides of the Pictochat stage with Kirby vs Ike using the hackless fullset.

Top Bottom