• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby secondary?

meowtactics

Smash Rookie
I've been enjoying a lot of Kirby recently, and I was wondering which character goes well with him. Some of the characters I find interesting include Mewtwo, ROB, Dedede, Isabelle, Pikachu, Wolf, and Piranha Plant. Do any of these characters work well as a secondary for Kirby? And if you have a really good suggestion for a character that I did not list but I should try, please let me know! Thank you!

boysilver400

Smash Apprentice
I personally jump on the top player bandwagon use Pichu, Wolf and Young Link as secondaries. They're all pretty fast and have good combos.

Leap of Faith

Smash Cadet
I think rob is a nice secondary for kirby. He can range and is tanky exact opposite of kirby

Misty Venn

Smash Cadet
I like Inkling and Young Link. More projectile options while still giving me that combo finesee I crave! I do know a lot of people prefer a heavier/tank-y character for contrast, though.

D

Deleted member

Secondary? I use Dedede. Sure his disadvantage is terrible, but he shares the distinction of: four midair jumps, a potential sacrificial KO (Inhale), a more viable Down B compared to Hammer, and has more disjointed range with his big, meaty hammer.

And yeah you also have Gordo but I just use it for spacing and ledgetrapping. Not as a projectile.

BitBitio

Smash Journeyman
Personally I use Yoshi, Puff, Joker, and Pokemon Trainer with Kirby. The latter two in particular cover almost all of Kirby's bad MUs, but maybe grab a zoner as well to deal with those swordies.

Top Bottom