• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Secondary Help

SSS

Smash Ace
So I have decided to only play 3 characters. I have narrowed my list of characters down to 5. I know for sure that I want Kirby. Now I need help picking 2 characters from the other 4. I want the 2 characters to not only cover Kirby's matchups, but also each other's. I know you guys probably won't have in-depth knowledge on these other characters, but hopefully we can figure out Kirby's weaknesses and what characters help make up for them.

My list of four:
Mewtwo
Ike
Roy
Snake

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Biggest weakness seems to be big, Marth-esque disjointed hitboxes and vertical kill power. So, someone who deals well with Fox, Marth, D3, Roy, etc is probably good.

I wouldn't recommend Mewtwo, as he kinda shares similar weak MUs. Dunno about the other ones.

SSS

Smash Ace
From that list, I'd suggest Ike and Snake. Have you considered either of the Links?
I've considered EVERYBODY, and this list of five is after narrowing down the list of 41 (or however many characters there are in this gigantic game). I recently decided Ike would DEFINITELY be one of my three, and I've been heavily leaning towards Snake, so I might follow your advice.

Biggest weakness seems to be big, Marth-esque disjointed hitboxes and vertical kill power. So, someone who deals well with Fox, Marth, D3, Roy, etc is probably good.

I wouldn't recommend Mewtwo, as he kinda shares similar weak MUs. Dunno about the other ones.
In regards to the Mewtwo thing, what weaknesses do they share? Since I decided definitely Ike, Roy seems like a pointless third since his range seems to give him similar strengths to Ike (or am I just lumping the Fire Emblem characters together?). If Mewtwo and Kirby are actually redundant, and Ike and Roy are actually redundant, it makes sense to do Kirby/Ike/Snake.

FreeGamer

Smash Ace
I've considered EVERYBODY, and this list of five is after narrowing down the list of 41 (or however many characters there are in this gigantic game). I recently decided Ike would DEFINITELY be one of my three, and I've been heavily leaning towards Snake, so I might follow your advice
Sounds good. Link is one of my secondaries and I feel that he has a much easier time dealing with Kirby's weaknesses (vertical KOs, disjointed range, camping, etc). Snake's stage control and weight probably help him a lot against those kinds of characters.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
Roy and Ike aren't exactly redundant, but they do have similar strength in terms of range, even though they use it in different ways. If Ike is more your style, then play him. Kirby/Ike/Snake actually sounds like a really good lineup to have, since they all bring different strengths to the table.

Godspeed.

Top Bottom