• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Completed Kirby Retains All Jumps After Forward and Up Throw

rockandroll805

Smash Rookie
Hey, there are a few codes out there to do this already but I can't seem to get them to work. The first one I saw was a gecko code from UnclePunch that seems to do nothing when I add it as a DOL mod or as a gecko code using Melee Code Manager. The second one I saw was some people saying you could, in your Start.dol, at offset 0x7A24C, change the value from 987E1968 to 60000000. When I try the second way, jumping after throwing someone causes Kirby to float forever upwards and any input afterwards causes the game to crash. The only thing I have gotten to work for me is changing 987E1968 to 981E1968 but the problem with that solution is Kirby only keeps one jump. If anyone could offer up any suggestions to achieve this, that would be greatly appreciated.
Edit: accidentally wrote 981E1968 instead of 987E1968

Last edited:

NinXDani

Smash Cadet
To me the code did not work either but you can edit it with crazy hand, go to the subactions and look for: foward throw (With Kirby obviously selected) go to
6 and change it to 60000000, and with up throw the same but in the 5. I think that's how it should work.:)

Im spanish my english is not perfect.

Last edited:

Punkline

Dr. Frankenstack
Wow, that's an interesting reaction to getting jumps back... I wonder why he freezes like that?

Anyway, Unclepunch mentions in this post that the culprit for kirby's loss of jumps is actually the player subaction event [64]. The events that have data that looks like "64 00 00 02" are removing jumps, and you can modify them to retain them instead by changing the 2 to a 1.

If you tried this already and it didn't work, remember that Kirby has 2 of them in his upthrow, and 2 in his fthrow; so I believe you need to change 4 in total. I just tested it and it seems to work fine on my end.

NinXDani

Smash Cadet
Wow, that's an interesting reaction to getting jumps back... I wonder why he freezes like that?

Anyway, Unclepunch mentions in this post that the culprit for kirby's loss of jumps is actually the player subaction event [64]. The events that have data that looks like "64 00 00 02" are removing jumps, and you can modify them to retain them instead by changing the 2 to a 1.

If you tried this already and it didn't work, remember that Kirby has 2 of them in his upthrow, and 2 in his fthrow; so I believe you need to change 4 in total. I just tested it and it seems to work fine on my end.
Sorry, I was wrong

Punkline

Dr. Frankenstack
Sorry, I was wrong
Oh, yes the "60000000" he was referring to was for code, not crazy hand. The line basically means "no operation" and can be used to blank out a line of code. Subaction events use opcodes like machinecode does, so they look similar sometimes.

Doing what you proposed would probably still work though. The [60] event is for making projectiles in certain moves, so it wouldn't do anything here -- but it would still overwrite the instruction getting rid of the jumps.

Last edited:

rockandroll805

Smash Rookie

This worked perfectly, thanks

Top Bottom